2016 LG OLEDs - G6, E6, C6, and B6 - Page 394 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41389Likes

post #11791 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post
I have the G6 and only recently realized I only have HDR on input 1 and 2 (when I purchased an Xbox)
I had no idea this was the case when I bought the Oled. Dealer never warned me.
Just assumed full 4K/DV HDR specs across all inputs.
So now I have an Oppo 4K player, an Appletv 4K and a new HDR Xbox X- that leaves one of my devices out in the cold.

How do you guys deal with this issue?

Also realized with Appletv settings- this tv doesn’t accept DV 60Hz...?
I don’t understand. What is the setting for Dolby Vision?

New firmware coming to fix these issues?

I’m beginning to regret the purchase
Since you have the Oppo, put one of the other devices on the HDMI IN on the Oppo. Not the best solution, but it should work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexi1 View Post
Since you have the Oppo, put one of the other devices on the HDMI IN on the Oppo. Not the best solution, but it should work.
Last I checked the Oppo Input didn’t allow pass through of 4K media. Has it been fixed?
post #11793 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes View Post
Last I checked the Oppo Input didn’t allow pass through of 4K media. Has it been fixed?
The 203 now passes 4K and HDR, how well it does that is up to ones personal opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11794 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkknightEngel View Post
Hey man, since you have an E6, can you help into verifying as well if your Netflix app on the tv is showing video previews once you highlight a show and autoplays once you click ok on it? (The description of the show should vanish as the show autoplays without clicking play or resume on it)
I'll test and report back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #11795 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpie View Post
I reset my client and it downloaded an update. HLG mode immediately activated. I am such an idiot. I just assumed it would have downloaded automatically any updates.
You're not an idiot, it should've downloaded and updated automatically, but we all know how that goes, especially since we never know the Directv update changelog.

post #11796 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Im back! So after playing around with the setting some more, I have finally realized that True Motion is a must. At a setting of DJ 0 and DB 0 I would say the motion is as close to and just a little bit superior to the motion of my Zt60. There.. I think I am done. Got the contrast, brightness, color settings good. PC games look fantastic.. just upgraded my alienware pc to the titan xp. And motion/movies look cinematic, crisp.. no blurring and no judder/skips. Any higher on DJ adds weird artifacts, and I dont think adding Deblur does anything.

I can finally enjoy it
Phew..
post #11797 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 1427
Quote:
The previews that automatically play whenever you highlight a show, and the autoplay/autoresume when you actually click ok on the show, and the description/episodes, trailers etc vanishes while autoplaying.
I have attached 2 pictures to show you where it should autoplay as before. (The only videopreview that is working is the one you get as a spotlight show once you launch netflix)
Ahhhh - OK, sorry. Mine arent playing either then. Netflix recently updated so I bet thats it. Maybe send them an e-mail about it or do a chat?

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #11798 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5399 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Mohan View Post
Im back! So after playing around with the setting some more, I have finally realized that True Motion is a must. At a setting of DJ 0 and DB 0 I would say the motion is as close to and just a little bit superior to the motion of my Zt60. There.. I think I am done. Got the contrast, brightness, color settings good. PC games look fantastic.. just upgraded my alienware pc to the titan xp. And motion/movies look cinematic, crisp.. no blurring and no judder/skips. Any higher on DJ adds weird artifacts, and I dont think adding Deblur does anything.

I can finally enjoy it
Phew..
DJ0 and DB0 should be the same as RC off and TM off. Both will give you 3:2 cadence with 24hz material.
Stuntman_Mike and RoadLizard like this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #11799 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Just came across this site https://payhip.com/tvcalibrationwithdarko

Does it make any sense to buy the calibration file? I mean how can a calibration file that was used to calibrate one TV will be equally applicable to another? Assuming that the environment is same tv is used in (Dark Room), would it be applicable?
post #11800 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5399 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Just came across this site https://payhip.com/tvcalibrationwithdarko

Does it make any sense to buy the calibration file? I mean how can a calibration file that was used to calibrate one TV will be equally applicable to another? Assuming that the environment is same tv is used in (Dark Room), would it be applicable?
Every panel is different. I sure wouldn't pay someone to use their settings. May make it look worse.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #11801 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Every panel is different. I sure wouldn't pay someone to use their settings. May make it look worse.
That's what I thought. Thx. How much does it cost to get someone calibrate an LG 2016 C6? I had my JVC RS500 calibrated for 200.
post #11802 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
That's what I thought. Thx. How much does it cost to get someone calibrate an LG 2016 C6? I had my JVC RS500 calibrated for 200.
Let me share a thought with you, take it or leave it...I really don't know. I have wondered, when I see people speak of collaboration, if...while it might produce the best PQ, if it might not be best for the panel lifespans. Knowing what we...think...we know about olight level, contrast and color level and how they might well have an effect on burn in. I wonder if a compromise might be the more healthy choice. Not saying it would be...but I would be interested in knowing where the settings end up, after collaboration. Especially those levels mentioned.

Another words...if the olight level after collaboration ends up at...say 80 for example...I might question if that's really a wise way to go. Might want to start with 50...and do the best from there...even if it's not as good. Just thinking out loud....
post #11803 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
DJ0 and DB0 should be the same as RC off and TM off. Both will give you 3:2 cadence with 24hz material.
Oh so same thing as TM off and RC off ? Even if its the same, the pq is so good right now, Im not changing any settings!
wxman likes this.
post #11804 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Quote:
Hey man, since you have an E6, can you help into verifying as well if your Netflix app on the tv is showing video previews once you highlight a show and autoplays once you click ok on it? (The description of the show should vanish as the show autoplays without clicking play or resume on it)
I'll test and report back.

Thanks!
post #11805 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Quote:
The previews that automatically play whenever you highlight a show, and the autoplay/autoresume when you actually click ok on the show, and the description/episodes, trailers etc vanishes while autoplaying.
I have attached 2 pictures to show you where it should autoplay as before. (The only videopreview that is working is the one you get as a spotlight show once you launch netflix)
Ahhhh - OK, sorry. Mine arent playing either then. Netflix recently updated so I bet thats it. Maybe send them an e-mail about it or do a chat?
I'll try, kinda weird being the same Netflix update, it worked cooler on the previous LG firmware than behaving the same with the last firmware. Thanks!
post #11806 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4298 Post(s)
Liked: 3723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Let me share a thought with you, take it or leave it...I really don't know. I have wondered, when I see people speak of collaboration, if...while it might produce the best PQ, if it might not be best for the panel lifespans. Knowing what we...think...we know about olight level, contrast and color level and how they might well have an effect on burn in. I wonder if a compromise might be the more healthy choice. Not saying it would be...but I would be interested in knowing where the settings end up, after collaboration. Especially those levels mentioned.

Another words...if the olight level after collaboration ends up at...say 80 for example...I might question if that's really a wise way to go. Might want to start with 50...and do the best from there...even if it's not as good. Just thinking out loud....
Assume you meant calibration, but OLED light is generally left up to the eye of the beholder even after said calibration. The exception is HDR where adjusting the OLED light (at least when viewing Dolby Vision) can negatively effect the intended appearance as fine-tuned by Dolby.
post #11807 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Assume you meant calibration, but OLED light is generally left up to the eye of the beholder even after said calibration. The exception is HDR where adjusting the OLED light (at least when viewing Dolby Vision) can negatively effect the intended appearance as fine-tuned by Dolby.
Lol...yea, calibration...should have payed more attention in kindergarten. Ok, shows you how much I know about it.
post #11808 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks!
Tried it, not working for me on the tv app. Never shows the preview or autoplays. It does however on my nvidia shield.

post #11809 of 12473 Old 01-20-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Quote:
Thanks!
Tried it, not working for me on the tv app. Never shows the preview or autoplays. It does however on my nvidia shield.

Hopefully It will work again with the next update, thanks for taking a look!
post #11810 of 12473 Old 01-22-2018, 04:36 AM

Hey guys so I need some help with my 77 G6P settings again. Standard 1080p and 4k material looked excellent with my current cinema settings and DJ0 DB0 and RC off. I mostly play movies via Plex and streaming services. Then I watched Harry Potter HDR and noticed some blurring during the quittech match. So I added deblur 10 DJ 0 to the HDR standard. Anyone think I am on the right track or have any opinions on these settings? Anyone else with a g6p can chime in?

Cnet says that to reach maximum motion resolution use DJ0 DB 10. Is this correct?

Thanks
Mo
post #11811 of 12473 Old 01-22-2018, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6669 Post(s)
Liked: 6663
post #11812 of 12473 Old 01-23-2018, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Fingers crossed for ya

Hello everyone here's a quick update: the service apt had to be rescheduled to 1/24 due to the tech come at the early end of the window and merely left a note rather than calling me with a heads up, I couldn't be there till 2 and there was supposed to be a note for the tech. Oh well, I'm working swingshift for a couple weeks starting tomorrow so there's no excuses for 8 - 12 window not working. Update on my panel: the greenish tint has become more of a band spreading vertically in the center of the screen. No changes in viewing habits although I changed to standard mode a week and a half ago. I really have no idea what to expect but I will assert the extended warranty coverage added be my visa signature card so extensive repairs will be addressed quickly at no expense to LG. Should they deem mfr defect and offer me a new panel i won't refuse. I will just have to wait and see what options will be available and in what form.
Kenbar likes this.
post #11813 of 12473 Old 01-23-2018, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lg oled77g6p settings help!!!

Hi all, long time follower, first time poster. Hah.

I need some presets, setting for noraml TV watching to make this thing POP already, as it looks horrible now.

I did a factory reset on t when I first turned it on, and made sure the updates are current.

So I just bought the last LG 77" OLED in my area based on all the reviews I've read about how good it is, and one of the last models for 3D support, which I love. And with HDR, and dolby vision I was sold on snagging it up before it was gone. So I got it hooked up and all the standard TV on it looks HORRIBLE. Standard tv being from direct tv, so mostly 720p, but it should still look great and it does not. I see pixels all in the background like its trying to figure out how to process it and is doing a bad job. And the motion is horrible too. I have found a tru motion option, which I have sense turned OFF. That seemed to help the jaggies from motion, but still just does not look sharp at all. I know I should adjust the settings but I have spent a day adjusting everything, and can't seem to make the picture better. I did watch LOGAN in hdr with a samsung UHD player, through a Pioneer elite LX-901 receiver I have, and looked wayyyyyy better and crisp. So I know the tv is capable of producing a great picture, but I need help with getting that image to display on normal TV watching. Does anyone have any settings they have adjusted over time to get the most out of this tv? Thank you for any help. Coming from a samsung UN65HU9000FXZA that is wayyy better looking, and like $8000 less so I don't get it.
post #11814 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 02:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy1621 View Post
Hi all, long time follower, first time poster. Hah.

I need some presets, setting for noraml TV watching to make this thing POP already, as it looks horrible now.

I did a factory reset on t when I first turned it on, and made sure the updates are current.

So I just bought the last LG 77" OLED in my area based on all the reviews I've read about how good it is, and one of the last models for 3D support, which I love. And with HDR, and dolby vision I was sold on snagging it up before it was gone. So I got it hooked up and all the standard TV on it looks HORRIBLE. Standard tv being from direct tv, so mostly 720p, but it should still look great and it does not. I see pixels all in the background like its trying to figure out how to process it and is doing a bad job. And the motion is horrible too. I have found a tru motion option, which I have sense turned OFF. That seemed to help the jaggies from motion, but still just does not look sharp at all. I know I should adjust the settings but I have spent a day adjusting everything, and can't seem to make the picture better. I did watch LOGAN in hdr with a samsung UHD player, through a Pioneer elite LX-901 receiver I have, and looked wayyyyyy better and crisp. So I know the tv is capable of producing a great picture, but I need help with getting that image to display on normal TV watching. Does anyone have any settings they have adjusted over time to get the most out of this tv? Thank you for any help. Coming from a samsung UN65HU9000FXZA that is wayyy better looking, and like $8000 less so I don't get it.
What settings are you currently using? It looks bad on all channels? I don’t own that model but let’s start by you listing what you are using right now. What mode, OLED Light, contrast, brightness, what enhancements are on, motion settings, all that. Post that stuff and we’ll see what we can do....

I see you are going through an AVR which is fine but make sure that’s not adding any processing or whatever. Should. Be in passthrough mode or something where it doesn't add or mess with the incoming signal.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #11815 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Fingers crossed for ya

Update this afternoon: technician was here and applied some color panels and so forth and deemed the tv needed a panel replacement. We didn't talk about causes of the greenish blob. He requested something called an APN for a replacement panel which basically extended the warranty coverage to cover the repair. So there is a replacement B7P panel (I think, no B6P's in the system anymore) on order and we expect to have it installed on friday the 2nd of Feb. The technician told me they can request this for a one time repair and he said since the issue came up 3 or 4 months ago and we were only out of warranty for a couple months it was no problem.
wxman, fhschellenberg and Kenbar like this.
post #11816 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herodrh View Post
Update this afternoon: technician was here and applied some color panels and so forth and deemed the tv needed a panel replacement. We didn't talk about causes of the greenish blob. He requested something called an APN for a replacement panel which basically extended the warranty coverage to cover the repair. So there is a replacement B7P panel (I think, no B6P's in the system anymore) on order and we expect to have it installed on friday the 2nd of Feb. The technician told me they can request this for a one time repair and he said since the issue came up 3 or 4 months ago and we were only out of warranty for a couple months it was no problem.
Awesome! Best run the new panel with gentler settings
post #11817 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Awesome! Best run the new panel with gentler settings
Oh absolutely! I noticed that even the standard setting runs at about 80 for panel light. I'm thinking run slides for a couple hundred hours followed by mixed content with no cable news for another 300 or so. Also maybe the calibrated Expert dark room and Expert bright room should be very good. Interestingly, the technician told me today during our session that the HDR setting would only run at 100 panel light when displaying 4k content. Perhaps the 2017 tv's are set up this way, or maybe there are things going on inside that the menu's just don't show us. Since three quarters of my wife's viewing takes place at night she really doesn't need the extra panel brightness. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome although I would rather have a C7 panel for aesthetics.
post #11818 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've had my C6 since August and was told not to download the firmware update because it "ruined" the HDR gaming mode. Is it safe to now download the firmware and if not, is there a way to turn off update notification?

I've been struggling with darker areas in PUBG on my One X and can't seem to figure out settings bright enough for the issue.
post #11819 of 12473 Old 01-24-2018, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 15
DV on the C6

Hey everyone,

This thread is very long and have skimmed through it but thought this might be a better option for the two questions I have. I have read a lot of issues about Dolby Vision (in general, not specific to the C6 Curved OLED) where the early versions are having issues with processing it from the current movies that are released. An example would be the LG 970 4K player that promised DV...released an update...was horrible and they reverted it back. So I have never been able to test DV on this TV. I just purchased the Sony UBP-700 which is suppose to have DV (ofcourse another firmware update).

Anyhow, two part question. Does anyone have experience with the C6 and DV? Any picture issues or handshake issues?

Also has anyone had issues with the PlayStation Pro and the C6? I get handshake issues where I get grey fuzz in spurts. Normally only happens when I freshly started the PlayStation or when I use a video playing App. Restarting normally fixes it. So I am assuming it is a handshake issues. I have updated mediabridge HDMI cables (and have tried others just to insure it wasn't the cables).

Would love to hear everyones experience. Love this TV just hoping I didn't jump on the OLED bandwagon to early.
post #11820 of 12473 Old 01-25-2018, 08:28 AM

I was using my Nvidia Shield TV on my 77 G6p and always noticed some weird motion movement here and there. Since switching to Roku Ultra.. all that went away. Anyone have any ideas why?

MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
ez-adj , lg oled , lgoled , reset , white balance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page