2016 LG OLEDs - G6, E6, C6, and B6 - Page 410 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41387Likes

post #12271 of 12467 Old 10-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMach View Post
Here's the latest on the Xbox Dolby Vision issue with 2016 LG oleds:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#f79e12545390

Not good if they decide not to update.
Well, I guess the good news out of that article is that it is possible for LG to upgrade the 2016 DV TVs. I was initially concerned that there was a hardware limitation that would prevent it.

My disappointment will be if MS decides to implement DV on 4K disc playback and us 2016 LG owners get left behind and disregarded by LG.
mercennarius likes this.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12272 of 12467 Old 10-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Well, I guess the good news out of that article is that it is possible for LG to upgrade the 2016 DV TVs. I was initially concerned that there was a hardware limitation that would prevent it.

My disappointment will be if MS decides to implement DV on 4K disc playback and us 2016 LG owners get left behind and disregarded by LG.

Thanks for the link. It was an interesting read. I hope LG just do the sensible thing and update quickly. Hopefully because it's a popular console they will feel more need to provide the update. It gets silly having to beg and have petitions for fixes all the time. If the TV is capable it should just be done 2 years is really not that old and these TV's were very expensive.

If they advertised Dolby vision support when the TV is sold they should be obligated to support that feature for a certain amount of time.

I am wondering if they are resistant to updating on 2016 TV's because if they add Low latency Dolby vision support it might be equivalent to the Dolby vision game mode that was a 'feature' of the 2017 OLED TV's but this hardly seems a big deal now that both those models are superseded.
post #12273 of 12467 Old 10-07-2018, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 448
I'm looked through the pathetic user guide for my E6 and can not find an answer. Is there any way to reset the "LG contents store" (apps) to clear all information? I'm about to replace the TV and I'm giving this one to my son. But I want all my Account information to apps cleared out. So he can start fresh with his. I wanted to leave the picture savings intact if it was possible.

If the above option is not possible. Does the option "Reset to initial settings" in the general settings clear all that information out along with the picture settings?

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12274 of 12467 Old 10-07-2018, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L View Post
I'm looked through the pathetic user guide for my E6 and can not find an answer. Is there any way to reset the "LG contents store" (apps) to clear all information? I'm about to replace the TV and I'm giving this one to my son. But I want all my Account information to apps cleared out. So he can start fresh with his. I wanted to leave the picture savings intact if it was possible.

If the above option is not possible. Does the option "Reset to initial settings" in the general settings clear all that information out along with the picture settings?
Just log out of the apps you are using.
Daryl L likes this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #12275 of 12467 Old 10-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 132
IF all it needs is a simple software update to support Dolby Vision from the Xbox One than they really should provide that for us.
post #12276 of 12467 Old 10-09-2018, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Question for those of you who have had your displays calibrated ...

What settings do you use for Dolby Vision? Not asking so much about specific numeric values (although you're welcome to share those) as much as whether you use the same settings as for your HDR10 calibration (or your SDR calibration or something else). When my E6 was calibrated last year, the calibrator (Chad B) didn't calibrate for Dolby Vision because he said that Golden Reference files weren't released at the time for any of the TVs except a Vizio model. He recommended that I always choose to watch in HDR10 when possible. However, when I watched my first Dolby Vision UHD the other day, I couldn't find any option to disable DV. I know some of the calibration controls for DV on the 2016 LG OLEDs are disabled, but the basics like OLED Light, Contrast, Color, etc. are still available. So does it make sense to just duplicate the HDR10 settings for DV where possible since DV uses HDR10 as a base layer? Or does DV not work like that?
post #12277 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey. Having an issue with my LG OLED65G6P where I frequently get 1 or 2 horizontal lines quickly flicker on the screen. Been after LG for about 6 months now to get this checked out. I've tried everything possible to resolve 5he problem, but no luck. They first told me it was a software issue and to reset the TV to factory settings, it didn't change anything. This is a 2016 model but I still have a manufacturer's warranty for I purchased it back in April 2018. We bought it mainly due to the 3D features. Here's a short video.

https://youtu.be/A_AzD0loWnM

https://youtu.be/RKLaFjY3aNo

https://youtu.be/vbccj9uJyD8

Any ideas? Thank you.
2 videos have 2 flickers with one smaller than the other, and a COD video has 1.
wildbill722 likes this.
post #12278 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonb View Post
Hey. Having an issue with my LG OLED65G6P where I frequently get 1 or 2 horizontal lines quickly flicker on the screen. Been after LG for about 6 months now to get this checked out. I've tried everything possible to resolve 5he problem, but no luck. They first told me it was a software issue and to reset the TV to factory settings, it didn't change anything. This is a 2016 model but I still have a manufacturer's warranty for I purchased it back in April 2018. We bought it mainly due to the 3D features. Here's a short video.

https://youtu.be/A_AzD0loWnM

https://youtu.be/RKLaFjY3aNo

https://youtu.be/vbccj9uJyD8

Any ideas? Thank you.
2 videos have 2 flickers with one smaller than the other, and a COD video has 1.
I noticed cable programs and gaming in your example.... is this something like cable box to an Xbox directly to the TV or are you also going through an AVR to the TV or are all these sources connected to their own HDMI port on the TV? I ask because it looks like you may have an HDMI cable issue and if where were using 1 source connected to the TV that would be why you see it over all your programming. On the other hand if you are seeing it across multiple ports on the TV a cord issue would be less likely. Do you see it using any of the internal apps?
post #12279 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 11:39 AM

Thank you for your reply. I'm going through an Onkyo receiver but that's not the problem for I also see it when hooking a device like the cable box directly to a HDMI port. I had also noticed the flickering while using a built-in like YouTube app.
post #12280 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I'm going through an Onkyo receiver but that's not the problem for I also see it when hooking a device like the cable box directly to a HDMI port. I had also noticed the flickering while using a built-in like YouTube app.
Well if you definitely get it across different HDMI ports and with internal apps and a software reset didn't fix it then you definitely need to get it fixed by LG, because it isn't normal.

LG OLED65E6V, Yamaha RX-A3060 AVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q 2TB, Chromecast Ultra
Home-built Ivy Bridge i5-3570K HTPC, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX1050 GPU with Plex and Jriver Media Centre,
Ruipro 15M Fiber HDMI cable, B&W FPM speakers, Logitech Harmony Ultimate intelligent remote.
post #12281 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Yes I agree. They aren't being very accommodating and I've been dealing with this shortly after I purchased it back in April. I can sometimes watch TV for several hours and not see a flicker and there's times I see it many times. Not sure why it does it sometimes and not others. I've contacted LG again and sent them the information and files they requested. Waiting to hear back from the technicians. Will call again on Friday if I don't hear back. Thanks for your input.
post #12282 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
When connecting directly were you using the same cable that you are using for the Oknyo? If so try a different cable or you could also try a different port on the TV. If a different port resolves the problem I would still get repair on the broken one as you never know when you're going to need it.
post #12283 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6401 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3Effect View Post
Thanks for the link. It was an interesting read. I hope LG just do the sensible thing and update quickly. Hopefully because it's a popular console they will feel more need to provide the update. It gets silly having to beg and have petitions for fixes all the time. If the TV is capable it should just be done 2 years is really not that old and these TV's were very expensive.
Yes, and the 3D models fetch a HUGE penny now.........
mttpalmer likes this.
post #12284 of 12467 Old 10-10-2018, 06:59 PM

SteveCaron: I've used several different HDMI cables and currently using a Belkin Ultra High Speed 4K cable.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/HLL52/belkin-ultra-high-speed-4k-hdmi-cable-2m?fnode=a4

Don't think it's the cable for I also experienced it when using the built-in YouTube app one day. It was only that one time and it was more than what I normally see. It had thin and thick horizontal flickers that popped up every few minutes. There were times that morning where I saw more than 1 flicker on the screen at the same time. I don't use the built-in apps very often. I've been doing alot of internet searching over the last few months and have found basically nothing, except where someone mentioned that they had flickering and other issues when the HDMI ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR was turned on. Both (HDMI 1&2) of mine were turned off. I think the flickering he experienced was different (full screen instead of a line). I tried almost everything to get this resolved. I tried different HDMI cables and ports, replaced the powerbar with a UPS, performed a factory reset a couple times and tried different electronic devices. LG originally told me that it's most likely a software issue and that a factory reset should fix it, it didn't. I can turn on the TV and sit for several hours and not see it, but that's very rare. I can turn the TV on get an occasional flicker or alot of thick and thin horizontal flickers, but normally one line at a time. And I'm sure there's alot that I miss for many are small and very quick. I had a LG 65UB9500 before this OLED and never had any issues. I'm even starting to think that there may be interference or something causing the problem, not sure what or if anything would. Also had the 120v power checked and upgraded to a UPS. I'm thinking it might be a PCB or component issue. I gotta keep after LG. Not very happy with their approach and lack of support. It's a bummer for I really like this TV, and the 3D is amazing. Thanks for your input.

Speaking of 3D, I don't think any TV manufacturers are making them now. LG 2016 models were the last.
post #12285 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Really? Hmmmm......

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #12286 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
SteveCaron: I've used several different HDMI cables and currently using a Belkin Ultra High Speed 4K cable.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/produc...le-2m?fnode=a4

Don't think it's the cable for I also experienced it when using the built-in YouTube app one day. It was only that one time and it was more than what I normally see. It had thin and thick horizontal flickers that popped up every few minutes. There were times that morning where I saw more than 1 flicker on the screen at the same time. I don't use the built-in apps very often. I've been doing alot of internet searching over the last few months and have found basically nothing, except where someone mentioned that they had flickering and other issues when the HDMI ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR was turned on. Both (HDMI 1&2) of mine were turned off. I think the flickering he experienced was different (full screen instead of a line). I tried almost everything to get this resolved. I tried different HDMI cables and ports, replaced the powerbar with a UPS, performed a factory reset a couple times and tried different electronic devices. LG originally told me that it's most likely a software issue and that a factory reset should fix it, it didn't. I can turn on the TV and sit for several hours and not see it, but that's very rare. I can turn the TV on get an occasional flicker or alot of thick and thin horizontal flickers, but normally one line at a time. And I'm sure there's alot that I miss for many are small and very quick. I had a LG 65UB9500 before this OLED and never had any issues. I'm even starting to think that there may be interference or something causing the problem, not sure what or if anything would. Also had the 120v power checked and upgraded to a UPS. I'm thinking it might be a PCB or component issue. I gotta keep after LG. Not very happy with their approach and lack of support. It's a bummer for I really like this TV, and the 3D is amazing. Thanks for your input.

Speaking of 3D, I don't think any TV manufacturers are making them now. LG 2016 models were the last.
What ever it is it does not sound like the screen is bad. So if there is no BI and the 3D is clean on it...and if you value 3D like so many here, myself included, I would keep looking to get it fixed. These rare 3D Oleds command a steep price...and will likely go up as there become fewer and fewer of them as time goes by.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.

Last edited by Kenbar; 10-11-2018 at 06:26 AM.
post #12287 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Liked: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Everyone keeps saying that yet i've seen nowhere to sell one for nice money. there's been like 2 on ebay and none listed anywhere else. i'd love to find one of those buyers...
post #12288 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 AM

Thank you for all the input. To the best of my understanding, all the major TV manufacturers stopped making 3D version at the end of 2016. However, they continue to release 3D blurays.
post #12289 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Everyone keeps saying that yet i've seen nowhere to sell one for nice money. there's been like 2 on ebay and none listed anywhere else. i'd love to find one of those buyers...
The cheapest one I see one Ebay is $1650 for a LG 65" E6P. But it has "slight" burn in.

Then there is an LG 55" C6P, for $2500...also with "slight" burn in.

A 65" C6P...$2650....with some burn in.

A 65" E6P...with no burn in...$4700.

Another 65" E6P...with no burn in...$5600.

So...BI drops the value by 1/2 or more. If yours is BI free...and has a properly aligned polarizing filter for a clean 3D image...your good $$$$.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
post #12290 of 12467 Old 10-11-2018, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Quote:
The cheapest one I see one Ebay is $1650 for a LG 65" E6P. But it has "slight" burn in.

So...BI drops the value by 1/2 or more. If yours is BI free...and has a properly aligned polarizing filter for a clean 3D image...your good $$$$.
No burn in. Never even tested 3D so I don’t even know what to look for.
post #12291 of 12467 Old 10-12-2018, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, maybe buy a 3D disc..."Tangled" is full screen and a great one to test with. Sit back 10 feet-ish with your eye level more less centered with the screen (not above or below the screen) and look for crosstalk (double imaging. ghosting). The lanterns that come out of the castle during the menu are a good test for the upper area of the screen...should all look like single lanterns. Slide the sharpness setting/s to max (50) and start the movie...look around the screen for crosstalk while it runs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tangled-Blu-r...gled+3d+bluray

post #12292 of 12467 Old 10-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My E6 Died

The 65" E6 one morning had some serious issues with I guess the video processor. Still images on Netflix/Amazon/Cable source looked fine, but any moving images are torched with what appeared to be RBG static. Had this happen to an old Sony Bravia about 10 yrs ago.

The E6 also had some burn in that was quite annoying, especially with the way I baby the set. I fortunately have a 2016 65" B6 that has no burn in and in my opinion, generally better picture quality. Plus it works.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their E6?
wildbill722 likes this.
post #12293 of 12467 Old 10-14-2018, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Buyer

Quote:
I'm in NC, and looks like you may be as well; Wolfpack and all. What would you take for the lg? I am always in the market for another 3D lg 65-77, but generally no way to pick it up. You just can't ship these things.

LG 77G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65C6P/OPPO 203
post #12294 of 12467 Old 10-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, maybe buy a 3D disc..."Tangled" is full screen and a great one to test with. Sit back 10 feet-ish with your eye level more less centered with the screen (not above or below the screen) and look for crosstalk (double imaging. ghosting). The lanterns that come out of the castle during the menu are a good test for the upper area of the screen...should all look like single lanterns. Slide the sharpness setting/s to max (50) and start the movie...look around the screen for crosstalk while it runs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tangled-Blu-r...gled+3d+bluray
I always wished they could have offered some kind of additional setting for 3D TVs (at least passive ones) that could account for the distance of the panel from the viewer. I'm at approximately 7 feet from my 65 C6 with no real option to move back any further and though 90% of my 3D viewing is ghost free I always felt if there was some setting they offered on distance it would clear things up entirely. I did a test about 3 months ago to make up for that additional 3 feet and it cleared everything up 100% and to boot this curved panel actually seems larger at a further viewing distance. Ah yes the whole compromises you need to make for your set up.
Kenbar likes this.
post #12295 of 12467 Old 10-15-2018, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Quote:
I'm in NC, and looks like you may be as well; Wolfpack and all. What would you take for the lg? I am always in the market for another 3D lg 65-77, but generally no way to pick it up. You just can't ship these things.
Pmd you
post #12296 of 12467 Old 10-15-2018, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCaron View Post
I always wished they could have offered some kind of additional setting for 3D TVs (at least passive ones) that could account for the distance of the panel from the viewer. I'm at approximately 7 feet from my 65 C6 with no real option to move back any further and though 90% of my 3D viewing is ghost free I always felt if there was some setting they offered on distance it would clear things up entirely. I did a test about 3 months ago to make up for that additional 3 feet and it cleared everything up 100% and to boot this curved panel actually seems larger at a further viewing distance. Ah yes the whole compromises you need to make for your set up.
You just need to get a proper hammer. Sledge hammer I think they call it. Remove that troublesome wall

post #12297 of 12467 Old 10-16-2018, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You just need to get a proper hammer. Sledge hammer I think they call it. Remove that troublesome wall
You may have a point... I'd then be able to reach back and open my fridge without leaving my chair.
fhschellenberg and Kenbar like this.
post #12298 of 12467 Old 10-16-2018, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:

Nice, I just box up my 65” E6P since I just put up my 65” Sony A9F..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kenbar likes this.
post #12299 of 12467 Old 10-16-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel78745 View Post

Yea, if folks are not into 3D, let it go to someone who is. And go for a newer 2D model with the $$$$.
wildbill722 likes this.

post #12300 of 12467 Old 10-16-2018, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel78745 View Post

Yea, if folks are not into 3D, let it go to someone who is. And go for a newer 2D model with the $$$$.
Yeah I’m not into 3D. Still looking for a buyer for mine. It was even calibrated by D-Nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
ez-adj , lg oled , lgoled , reset , white balance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page