2016 LG OLEDs - G6, E6, C6, and B6 - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41389Likes

post #2821 of 12473 Old 03-07-2016, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
certainly non owners can post: but we try to avoid all the off topic chatter as in an anticipation thread...and the no price talk rule, other than MSRP, is enforced
The "no price talk" and "no significant comparison with other tech" rules seem like more rational rules for an "owners" thread because the very nature of the thread presumes that the purchase decision has already been made by the main thread participants.
tigertim likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 12473 Old 03-07-2016, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCloud View Post
It's only really a problem with gaming for me. Consider, for instance, that in a first-person shooter you can't really see anything clearly while you are turning the view. Motion interpolation is not an option to resolve this due to added input lag.
Which model do you have? Because I hear the new Signature line (at least the G6) has better input lag than previous OLED models, so maybe the motion interpolation won't be a problem, or at least as big of a one with gaming.

I game as well, so I hope it isn't a problem with the new Signature models.

When you say you "can't see anything clearly", what are you indicating exactly? It gets blurry? Judder?
post #2823 of 12473 Old 03-07-2016, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Good news from Robert at VE as he just sent out an email saying that LG is promising to deliver his full allocation of the 65" G6 units within the next week (i.e. by the end of the week of 3/14). He is invoicing orders tomorrow and is promising same day turnaround to those who have ordered (i.e. From LG in Texas to his warehouse and out to the customers via the carrier service he is using). Hopefully by 3/18 or even sooner I will be the proud owner of a G6 and will be able to share pictures and impressions to the new owner's thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 12473 Old 03-07-2016, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
I am in agreement with you as I wonder how many times this is the source material and not the TV
I think the problem is that a lot of people do just assume that it's the source, because it couldn't possibly be their shiny new OLED TV.
Either that or they're just used to poor motion resolution after 10-15 years of using other flat panels.

If you're used to sample & hold LCD with only 300 lines of motion resolution, you'll probably think that OLED is an upgrade - even though it still only scores 300 lines of motion resolution - because it won't have any smearing/trailing/ghosting caused by slow LCD response times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
OLED has a max motion resolution of 600p, causing some inherent motion blur that would not be as pronounced on a display that can resolve 1080p of motion rez. If that's an "issue" for you, you may find it distracting.
OLED scores 300 lines on those resolution tests.
The only way you can achieve 600 lines is by enabling interpolation - which is not nearly as good as a display that will resolve 600 lines without interpolation.

But those motion tests are not especially good anyway.
The test is relatively slow moving, so even if a set is scoring 1200 lines, that doesn't mean it has great motion resolution - just that it's better than the displays with really low motion resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
Which model do you have? Because I hear the new Signature line (at least the G6) has better input lag than previous OLED models, so maybe the motion interpolation won't be a problem, or at least as big of a one with gaming.

When you say you "can't see anything clearly", what are you indicating exactly? It gets blurry? Judder?
Interpolation is going to add a minimum of two frames of latency on a display which is already pushing the limits of what is acceptable. (33ms)
With interpolation enabled latency will almost certainly be over 100ms, which is totally unplayable.

Motion blur is the main issue, though judder will also be a problem with low framerate sources. (24/30 FPS)

If you look at something like this scrolling map, even at slow speeds the text will become a complete blur on these OLEDs.
On a display with good motion resolution, the text is as clear when moving, as it is when stationary.
There is no motion blur on that page, anything you see is caused by the display.
10k likes this.
post #2825 of 12473 Old 03-07-2016, 11:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4362 Post(s)
Liked: 3806
Sigh, I know that it has a max rez of 300 with frame interpolation disabled. I wasn't muddying the waters with input lag or subjective interpretations of motion tests (or even the practical validity of the results when it comes to the final product), just describing the "best" OLED in its current state can achieve.
Ken Ross likes this.

Last edited by video_analysis; 03-07-2016 at 11:31 PM.
post #2826 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 274
2016 LG OLEDs - G6, E6, C6, and B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Totally serious.

You haven't supplied a plus yet. All you've said is "why not".

Also, a long dead technology having it's own subforum isn't an appropriate analogy here anyway. What we're talking about are a currently strong technology and a moving target emerging one. And the cross talk between them right now would be extreme to say the least if you try to partition OLED out of OLED & FP General.

Now once again, what are you trying to accomplish here? And please don't respond with a why not answer.

Without wishing to derail this thread:

The reason for an OLED specific subforum is to maintain a clear and consistent forum structure so that visitors can quickly find the posts that interest them.

If there's a good reason for every other major display tech having its own subforum, that reason would, I think, probably apply to OLED too. If it does, consistency would demand equal treatment for OLED.

I am not especially convinced that the reasons you give for the exceptional treatment of OLED are anything more than a muddled attempt to preserve that which was once, perhaps, justifiable but no longer is.

On thread discovery: if you are interested in OLED TVs then you find a subforum, "OLED Technology and Flat Panels General", that contains OLED threads that are entangled with a ragtag jumble of random topics, many of which belong in other subforums. The OLED threads you might be interested in may end up shoved off into successive pages and/or get lost amongst the clutter. These are some of the first listed threads that are mixed in with the OLED threads now:

"10 Reasons Plasma Died"
"Flat Panel 180 degree mount (cover two rooms)"
"Need help identifying wall mount"
"Samsung help"

What has that lot got to do with OLED? Not much, I would venture to say.

Finally, the longer any possible separation is postponed, the more onerous the task will be. If it's going to be done, it will be more easily done now than when there are 200+ OLED threads intermixed with others.

Oh, in passing:

Oh dear

Last edited by fluxo; 03-08-2016 at 01:06 AM.
post #2827 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoptimist View Post
Interpolation is going to add a minimum of two frames of latency on a display which is already pushing the limits of what is acceptable. (33ms)
With interpolation enabled latency will almost certainly be over 100ms, which is totally unplayable.

Motion blur is the main issue, though judder will also be a problem with low framerate sources. (24/30 FPS)

If you look at something like this scrolling map, even at slow speeds the text will become a complete blur on these OLEDs.
On a display with good motion resolution, the text is as clear when moving, as it is when stationary.
There is no motion blur on that page, anything you see is caused by the display.
Then what do you suggest? From reading about LCD/LED, they also have issues in regards to motion resolution.

This is where I am coming from. I own a Sony SXRD projection TV. It is a 2006 model I bought in 2007. At that time, I was looking at LCD and DLP (plasma was out of my price range). With DLP, I noticed the rainbow effect from the color wheel, and LCD, I did notice blurring.

So I went with the SXRD. And I’ve loved it. It has a known issue with the optic block where it fails after ‘x’ hours and you get random yellow or green blobs on the screen (this is what I am experiencing now). But when I didn’t have this issue, it has been a GREAT television. No blurring, no judder and the input lag is extremely minimal, only notice it in very select instances.

I am in the market of another television now and I am certain whether I go LED/LCD or OLED, it will be a huge upgrade picture quality from my SXRD. I know it will ‘wow’ me. But, I’m not just looking at a picture upgrade here. I don’t want to have this phenomenal picture, but also experience constant annoyances with blurring or judder (or soap opera effect with anti-judder). To me, that would be a downgrade, as it is something I don’t experience ‘at all’ now, or at least it’s something I don’t notice, whether I am watching TV or playing video games.

So, what do you suggest, then? I honestly don’t think I can avoid these issues with the technologies out there right now, but what I am hoping to hear is if I can’t see these motion issues with my SXRD, then I most likely won’t see them for the current OLEDs. But I am guessing that is an unrealistic hope.
post #2828 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well, this thread just got *really* boring
post #2829 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So, what do you suggest, then? I honestly don’t think I can avoid these issues with the technologies out there right now, but what I am hoping to hear is if I can’t see these motion issues with my SXRD, then I most likely won’t see them for the current OLEDs. But I am guessing that is an unrealistic hope.
Well I'm going to be waiting until they do something about it, instead of buying a set now because I want one.
However your SXRD was probably a sample & hold (flicker-free) display too, which would mean 300 lines of motion resolution, so OLED would not be a downgrade from that.
post #2830 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7027 Post(s)
Liked: 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post
Hoping these new 2016 models show up locally soon where I can check them out, even though I'll likely be waiting for the B6.
--Darin
Yep so little info.
post #2831 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxo View Post
Without wishing to derail this thread:

The reason for an OLED specific subforum is to maintain a clear and consistent forum structure so that visitors can quickly find the posts that interest them.
Oh, in passing:
I see absolutely nothing cumbersome about having OLED with flat Panels General added in. I don't see a crapload of new tech non-OLED stuff cluttering up the works, do you? And if there were such posts, a forum with OLED in its title is precisely where I'd want it.

Quote:

Oh dear
The embedded style and src isn't working on my browser: Are you complaining about it's size?

If so, tell me, for what pedantic reason is a 12,992 post thread (somehow) bad? That thread is great, because it showed a ton of visuals and links all in one place. If that were spread over 13 1000-post threads, how is it better?
post #2832 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Well I'm going to be waiting until they do something about it, instead of buying a set now because I want one.
However your SXRD was probably a sample & hold (flicker-free) display too, which would mean 300 lines of motion resolution, so OLED would not be a downgrade from that.
Well, I am certainly not buying a TV because “I want one”. As I said, it is starting to go out, I am experiencing the yellow tinting, and it covers most of the screen now. I am not going to repair it, so my only other option is to replace it. Believe me, if I had no issue with my SXRD, I wouldn’t be looking for another television.

But hopefully you are right in the OLED most likely not being a downgrade my from SXRD in regards to motion resolution.
post #2833 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What exactly are y'all referring to when you say "motion resolution"? Motion blur? judder? both? exactly what?
post #2834 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 694
Quote:
I see absolutely nothing cumbersome about having OLED with flat Panels General added in. I don't see a crapload of new tech non-OLED stuff cluttering up the works, do you? And if there were such posts, a forum with OLED in its title is precisely where I'd want it.

The embedded style and src isn't working on my browser: Are you complaining about it's size?

If so, tell me, for what pedantic reason is a 12,992 post thread (somehow) bad? That thread is great, because it showed a ton of visuals and links all in one place. If that were spread over 13 1000-post threads, how is it better?

This topic has already being covered by Mod Mark Rubin and poll taken about how readers felt about giving OLED it's own forum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...-comments.html

Mark wrapped up the discussion with this statement.

"after speaking with the powers that be:

I was able to get them to rename this forum so that OLED appears first: good for the search function

But other changes, including a dedicated OLED forum (which will happen) will take a bit longer: it was explained they will be performing a forum taxonomy (they assured me it will not hurt) where a lot of forums will be reorganized.

So, small steps
Last edited by markrubin; 09-02-2014 at 01:54 PM."

You two keep flogging a dead horse, and if each of you continue to want to have the last word on the subject, there never will be a last word.
post #2835 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post
This topic has already being covered by Mod Mark Rubin and poll taken about how readers felt about giving OLED it's own forum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...-comments.html

Mark wrapped up the discussion with this statement.

"after speaking with the powers that be:

I was able to get them to rename this forum so that OLED appears first: good for the search function

But other changes, including a dedicated OLED forum (which will happen) will take a bit longer: it was explained they will be performing a forum taxonomy (they assured me it will not hurt) where a lot of forums will be reorganized.

So, small steps
Last edited by markrubin; 09-02-2014 at 01:54 PM."

You two keep flogging a dead horse, and if each of you continue to want to have the last word on the subject, there never will be a last word.
I appreciate the context but that was over 18 months ago to move around and create a new forum. The vote was resoundingly for its own forum. I am sure it is an involved process but it surely can't take that long to make a new forum (after all we just got one for HDR and WCG within the last 2 weeks).
tigertim likes this.
post #2836 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarCRO View Post
I appreciate the context but that was over 18 months ago to move around and create a new forum. The vote was resoundingly for its own forum. I am sure it is an involved process but it surely can't take that long to make a new forum (after all we just got one for HDR and WCG within the last 2 weeks).
Then it should be discussed on a thread dedicated to that debate alone, instead of on this thread which is supposed to be about the 2016 OLED models.
post #2837 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland View Post
Then it should be discussed on a thread dedicated to that debate alone, instead of on this thread which is supposed to be about the 2016 OLED models.
I agree it is off topic but I have made that very request in the Gold Members area with its own topic as well as in several threads here. Consider it another of the requests for its own forum. No more on this tangent though and back to the LG 2016 OLEDs which I am really hoping I will be the proud owner of sometime next week.
post #2838 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Perhaps just change this Forum title by deleting the words, "Technology and General". Job Done!
post #2839 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 49

Don't waste your time, they say they have the G6 on display, but when you go to see it, they don't have any, and then they try to sell you the 9500... nice!

Isn't there a legal term for this practice?
post #2840 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
certainly non owners can post: but we try to avoid all the off topic chatter as in an anticipation thread...and the no price talk rule, other than MSRP, is enforced
Thanks for the reply. That's always been my understanding Mark.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 03-08-2016 at 01:22 PM.
post #2841 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 01:08 PM
sda

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve609 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXBz8nOjibE

Don't waste your time, they say they have the G6 on display, but when you go to see it, they don't have any, and then they try to sell you the 9500... nice!

Isn't there a legal term for this practice?
From Google:
Bait and switch
noun
the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
They've gone the opposite route by advertising the high end model and trying to sell you last year's version (to clear inventory?).
Steve609 likes this.

Last edited by sda; 03-08-2016 at 01:11 PM.
post #2842 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda View Post
From Google:
Bait and switch
noun
the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
They've gone the opposite route by advertising the high end model and trying to sell you last year's version (to clear inventory?).

They've been running the ad for a few weeks here in FL and the You Tube date stamp is 2/22/16

Just didn't want anyone else to waste their time.
post #2843 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonChaser View Post
What exactly are y'all referring to when you say "motion resolution"? Motion blur? judder? both? exactly what?
The tests that people often use have a resolution test pattern like this image, and it scrolls across the screen horizontally at fixed speed.
When it starts moving, these lines will start to blur together.
On a display which has "300 lines of motion resolution" only the lines at the 300 mark are distinct and anything below that blurs together.
On a display which has "600 lines of motion resolution" much finer details still remain sharp in motion.

Motion resolution is basically the combination of panel motion blur and persistence-based motion blur.
Even though OLEDs have almost zero panel-based motion blur, they have maximum persistence-based motion blur since they are flicker-free displays.
At the speed these tests move, any flicker-free display can only resolve 300 lines of motion resolution at most without using interpolation.
If you have a really bad LCD, maybe the response time drops that even further to something like 250.

If you have a plasma TV, it probably scores somewhere between 600 and 1080 lines of motion resolution.
If you have an LCD with a low-persistence backlight mode which strobes/scans the LEDs, even though the panel response time is slower than the OLED panel, the perceived motion blur is lower so your motion resolution can easily score 1080 on this test.

Personally I don't actually think it's a great test.
It may be good if you want to post actual numbers while being able to do the evaluation by eye, but even displays which score 1080 on this test often don't have great motion handling.
They have better motion handling than one which score less than 1080, but the test pattern moves at such a slow speed, it doesn't tell you anything about how the display handles fast motion.
The tests were basically tuned so that it would show plasma TVs as having top scores, while putting flicker-free LCDs in a bad light. (created before interpolation and backlight scanning/strobing was common)
I still remember some of the promotional material that Panasonic put out where their previous year's "1080 lines of motion resolution" displays were downgraded to something like 900, while their new models were now scoring 1080. It confirmed the suspicions I had about the test to begin with, as they had clearly just increased the speed enough so that the new model with its improved motion handling still scored top marks, while lowering the score of the older model.
post #2844 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I think the problem is that a lot of people do just assume that it's the source, because it couldn't possibly be their shiny new OLED TV.
Either that or they're just used to poor motion resolution after 10-15 years of using other flat panels.

If you're used to sample & hold LCD with only 300 lines of motion resolution, you'll probably think that OLED is an upgrade - even though it still only scores 300 lines of motion resolution - because it won't have any smearing/trailing/ghosting caused by slow LCD response times.

OLED scores 300 lines on those resolution tests.
The only way you can achieve 600 lines is by enabling interpolation - which is not nearly as good as a display that will resolve 600 lines without interpolation.

But those motion tests are not especially good anyway.
The test is relatively slow moving, so even if a set is scoring 1200 lines, that doesn't mean it has great motion resolution - just that it's better than the displays with really low motion resolution.

It's a bit disheartening to think that the 2016 sets might not be viable for gaming (I game on console).

Hopefully a fellow gamer here can report back with real world feedback and give us a better idea of how the sets actually perform.
post #2845 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarCRO View Post
. . .i.e. From LG in Texas to his warehouse. . .
Wait, LG's warehouse is in Texas? Any idea what road they'll take on the way to VE?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oledrobbery.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1302121  

I like cars, airplanes, running, and coding || current gear: two eyes, two ears, one brain, and some other junk.
post #2846 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

I had the 55EA9700 (first-gen). Input lag on PC mode was 55ms which is usable, but not a pleasant experience for gaming or browsing.
Yes, the G6 was tested at 34ms, which is a great improvement.

You raise a good point. I'm curious how much input lag the frame interpolation adds, particularly when processing a 1080p signal. Frame interpolation isn't a perfect solution though since it can induce some strange looking artifacts.

Yes, blurry. See the test below on your LCD of choice. That's basically what it will look like on an LG OLED when frame interpolation is off:
http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&p...uit=0&height=0
post #2847 of 12473 Old 03-08-2016, 11:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reson8er View Post
It's a bit disheartening to think that the 2016 sets might not be viable for gaming (I game on console).
Hopefully a fellow gamer here can report back with real world feedback and give us a better idea of how the sets actually perform.
For console gaming where nearly everything is 30 FPS anyway and you're using a controller, 33ms is acceptable.
It's at the very limits of what I'd consider to be acceptable, but I don't think most people would have a problem with it.
With console gaming, it's mainly fighting games or retro games where 33ms would be a problem for most people.
PC gaming is where latency really becomes a problem, as mouse input is far more sensitive to latency. A mouse is a much more direct input device (inputs are 1:1 with what happens on-screen) so any delay there stands out far more.
post #2848 of 12473 Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

On Red Phosphors

I am still interested in this "red phopshor". If I'm not mistaken, the comment regarding them is in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIX2...ature=youtu.be

We have talked a little bit about phosphors, but then there is the question of red.

It was my understanding, which admittedly may not be correct, that the WOLED system was based upon a white organic emitter and colour filters. So what could the reference to a red (as opposed to white) phosphor imply? Is the white emitter material a composite in which a red phosphor is a part? Has a red phosphorescent OLED material been added next to the white emitter under the red filter? Is this a red phosphor coating added over a white OLED emitter? Something of that nature has been used to extend the gamut of LCD TVs. Or ...?

This talk of red phosphors does remind me somewhat of Panasonic's final year plasmas. The higher end models used - they claimed - a new formula phosphor to enable 96% DCI P3 coverage (the exact figure was later contested in the forums).

All else being equal (v. important!), a wider gamut coverage should be an improvement. I just hope that it will not bring with it some negative consequence, such as a red shift over time. I'm thinking that if red is driven less hard, if it's more efficient and more durable, care might need to be taken to ensure it doesn't become a dominant colour as the panel ages.

Off-topic stuff begins now

Quote:
It wouldn't: you are seeing the markup within a PNG screencap. This is the default appearance of AVS on mobile Safari for older articles:

Raw markup, which visitors should never see by default, is visible to forum readers. That is what many passers by will see.

Anyway, not to extend this any more: I've read your arguments and we shall, I shouldn't doubt, continue to disagree, but I'm happy to leave it at that and delete off-topic posts if need be.
post #2849 of 12473 Old 03-09-2016, 02:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It was my understanding, which admittedly may not be correct, that the WOLED system was based upon a white organic emitter and colour filters. So what could the reference to a red (as opposed to white) phosphor imply? Is the white emitter material a composite in which a red phosphor is a part? Has a red phosphorescent OLED material been added next to the white emitter under the red filter? Is this a red phosphor coating added over a white OLED emitter?
The "white" OLED is made up of RGB layers, it's not actually a white OLED material.
fhschellenberg likes this.
post #2850 of 12473 Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The "white" OLED is made up of RGB layers, it's not actually a white OLED material.
Thanks. I've found an illustration of the construction here:

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-tele...el-n29171.html

Does this mean that colour of the white cells (unfiltered) will shift over time as the blue layer within ages more quickly? I.e., will whites become yellowish/reddish?

Cheers!
Audiguy3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
ez-adj , lg oled , lgoled , reset , white balance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page