2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread - Page 557 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 87598Likes

post #16681 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 610
I Wont netflix update my G6 then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16682 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6685 Post(s)
Liked: 6684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknomedic View Post
My vote goes to OLED.... And this was after owning a Sony 75X940D for a about a week.
When a bigger size is a must that is a great unit, what made you go OLED in the end? We all know the picture is better on OLED, I am a quantity guy so I would sacrifice and get the 75X940D for the size, that's me of course.
post #16683 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Quote:
My vote goes to OLED.... And this was after owning a Sony 75X940D for a about a week.
When a bigger size is a must that is a great unit, what made you go OLED in the end? We all know the picture is better on OLED, I am a quantity guy so I would sacrifice and get the 75X940D for the size, that's me of course.
Poor 3D performance with active shutter glasses (lots of ghosting)

Very poor uniformity... When I tested with star wars 7 the bright desert scenes made me feel like I was looking through fog or a screen. Whatever it's called, it was noticeable in regular viewing.

Blooming issues

The worst issue though was smearing like crazy. There are a bunch of youtube videos about the issue with the 940D. Some units are better than others though, but I don't think mine was that bad compared to some other 940Ds, but it was still way too much for me to accept for the next several years.

The FALD seemed to work well though and blacks were good though.

That said OLED has a few issues too... But overall my E6 blows away the 940D I had when I compare those issues directly.

Great 3D performance (minus my particular malfunctioning set in certain areas... New panel soon).

Uniformity issues are far far less and I've yet to see it in regular viewing when looking for it.

Very very mild to no blooming and what is there is simply physics when you transmit light through glass....you're naturally going to have some blooming based on thickness of the glass.... Cleaning it helps, lol.

Zero smearing

Perfect blacks.... And I was impressed with the 940D blacks.... But then blown away by the OLED blacks. I'm spoiled now.

I'd prefer to have the 77" OLED no doubt... But not at that price.
rdfornasero and Magellan55 like this.

Last edited by Teknomedic; 02-28-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16684 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2JDMBFAN View Post
Don't update!!! I just did and lost all 4K and Dolby Vision programming!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Not sure if coincidence or not. I did update and like you I lost it all. Had to talk to Netflix. Not sure if matters but my account is grandfathered (my plan is 2 UHD TV)
post #16685 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazdsm View Post
Not sure if coincidence or not. I did update and like you I lost it all. Had to talk to Netflix. Not sure if matters but my account is grandfathered (my plan is 2 UHD TV)
Were they able to fix it?

Sony 75" XBR-75Z9D
Denon AVR-X4400H
(4) Klipsch RP-280FA Dolby Atmos Enabled Towers
(1) Klipsch RP-450CA Center Channel
(1) SVS 12" PC-2000 Subwoofer
post #16686 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Sony 75" XBR-75Z9D
Denon AVR-X4400H
post #16687 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
The rep on chat (make sure you chat) did see I had the 2 UHD plan. I just keep saying that i needs to be fixed. He asked me when that happened, I said just like right now.
Then he puts me on hold and comes back with a different story, saying the 2 UHD plan does not exist it was plan that never came out. I keep telling him that my account is grandfathered.

here they final words.

Alex:

No problem, I appreciate that you are holding with me. I will leave this very clear, and it's up to you if you don't want to pay attention to me, but I promise we are being completely honest with you. I will get the facts straight first: You are right, you did have the 2 screen + UHD-quality plan. We have accepted that you had that plan, you don't need to argue about that, we really checked it man and it's true. The thing is that, this plan was never intended for us to be launched, it was a mistake. We originally launched the 4 screens + UHD quality. And it was completely an error that you had the other plan. However, it's great that you had it for several years! What happens is this: First, we never wanted to launch this plan. And second, it doesn't matter if your account was grandfathered, we would also like to have an account set the same price forever but due to how business work (Inflation, changes in the licence prices and so on) make this not possible to keep the price, this can't be done; you should know it's not good business if we always kept the same price even if our cost goes up. This time the system allowed me to put the price again and the plan again, but there is no guarantee it will stay for long and I want you to be aware of this, so the best decision can be taken in advance; misleading our members is the last thing we want to do. Even though you have been rude at me and didn't listen to what I have to say, I will gladly tell you in summary the situation: we have been able to change the plan this time, but if it changes again, I am sorry to tell you that it can't be changed back again as it was not intended like this by us, and if you want me to I can also refund you the two dollars of difference on this last charge you got, I have to tell you that there's no way to keep the "grandfathered" price guarantee if it gets changed again in the future, we kept it for more than two years.
post #16688 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
The rep on chat (make sure you chat) did see I had the 2 UHD plan. I just keep saying that i needs to be fixed. He asked me when that happened, I said just like right now.
Then he puts me on hold and comes back with a different story, saying the 2 UHD plan does not exist it was plan that never came out. I keep telling him that my account is grandfathered.

here they final words.

Alex:

No problem, I appreciate that you are holding with me. I will leave this very clear, and it's up to you if you don't want to pay attention to me, but I promise we are being completely honest with you. I will get the facts straight first: You are right, you did have the 2 screen + UHD-quality plan. We have accepted that you had that plan, you don't need to argue about that, we really checked it man and it's true. The thing is that, this plan was never intended for us to be launched, it was a mistake. We originally launched the 4 screens + UHD quality. And it was completely an error that you had the other plan. However, it's great that you had it for several years! What happens is this: First, we never wanted to launch this plan. And second, it doesn't matter if your account was grandfathered, we would also like to have an account set the same price forever but due to how business work (Inflation, changes in the licence prices and so on) make this not possible to keep the price, this can't be done; you should know it's not good business if we always kept the same price even if our cost goes up. This time the system allowed me to put the price again and the plan again, but there is no guarantee it will stay for long and I want you to be aware of this, so the best decision can be taken in advance; misleading our members is the last thing we want to do. Even though you have been rude at me and didn't listen to what I have to say, I will gladly tell you in summary the situation: we have been able to change the plan this time, but if it changes again, I am sorry to tell you that it can't be changed back again as it was not intended like this by us, and if you want me to I can also refund you the two dollars of difference on this last charge you got, I have to tell you that there's no way to keep the "grandfathered" price guarantee if it gets changed again in the future, we kept it for more than two years.

I wasnt asking for the old price 7.99. I did have a 2 dollar increased 9.99
I just wanted the same plan that I have (2 UHD TV)
post #16689 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:

here they final words.

Alex:

No problem ...
....it just goes downhill from there, lol

What an ass... Sorry... But... He's an idiot and doesn't even know it.

I highly doubt it's an account issue, but a programing error that will require another update.

Unless of course you're saying that updating messed up your account.

I loved how he tried to spin it like it was never supposed to be sold like that to make you feel guilty and change to something worse... well.. tough ****, Netflix did sell it like that... And for a while actually and it's too late now. Just wow. He should find a new job.

Last edited by Teknomedic; 02-28-2017 at 10:53 AM.
post #16690 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:

I highly doubt it's an account issue, but a programing error that will require another update.

I loved how he tried to spin it like it was never supposed to be sold like that to make you feel guilty and change to something worse... well.. tough ****, Netflix did sell it like that... And for a while actually and it's too late now. Just wow. He should find a new job.
I was just watching when I got the update reminder. It could be related to the update or not.
After the update I could not see the 4K row, went to check another TV and same thing.

I did log at my account and my plan option had disappeared. In fact it shows now just the basic plan without the 2 UHD, but tv shows it just fine.

It could be a coincidence or just something the update just did. Like sending info back to mothership (netflix) ...
We all agreed when setting up the tv, when checking those boxes.

Hopefully was a coincidence ....
post #16691 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I was just watching when I got the update reminder. It could be related to the update or not.
After the update I could not see the 4K row, went to check another TV and same thing.

I did log at my account and my plan option had disappeared. In fact it shows now just the basic plan without the 2 UHD, but tv shows it just fine.

It could be a coincidence or just something the update just did. Like sending info back to mothership (netflix) ...

Sneaky Netflix... Shouldn't be changing your account when updating the app... Very interesting.
post #16692 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Just had the panel replaced on my 65" E6 due to some mild panel uniformity issues. All in all a great experience with excellent customer support from LG.

I bought my E6 from Chris at Cleveland AV in August '16. Great service from Chris and and an excellent price!

TV was a 6/16 panel and had no bars; mild right sided vignetting and about 25%-30% of the panel had a mild 'yellow discolouration' on the right side.
Overall quality was fantastic and I decided to keep it to get >400 hours on it to see if the panel 'cleared up'.

The right sided vignetting definitely got better with time and auto/manual compensations; even at it's 'worst' it never intruded on my viewing enjoyment and was essentially only something I noticed running the AVS gray slides.

The yellow discolouration unfortunately did not decrease over time and compensations runs, and was mildly noticeable on very light coloured backgrounds such as grays; blues; whites, etc. My wife probably never noticed it, or at least never mentioned it, but it did very slightly bother me enough that I thought I'd check with LG to see what they might do for me. If they said the panel was 'within specs', I would have kept it and been happy enough as practially every TV can have faults found with them.

LG VIP service were fantastic. The rep was pleasant and listened to my description of the uniformity issue. She immediately authorised my local LG service tech to order a new panel so that he would have it on hand when he came to look at the 'defect'.

Today a brand new panel was installed that is a 1/17 manufactured piece and I could not be more happy. No vignetting; no bars and no screen uniformity/discolouration issues; and the 3D filter must be installed perfectly also. Tech took about 40 minutes to replace the panel, and again his professionalism was great.

Bottom line: this is the best quality TV I've owned and I've been fortunate to own some decent ones in the past/present. LG service support was stellar.

Now I just need to wait for the pricing to drop on the 77" model!!

Bish
Video Auteur and RoadLizard like this.
post #16693 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:

but when I mentioned that a class-action lawsuit is going on on this matter, then He fixed it ....
post #16694 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sneaky Netflix... Shouldn't be changing your account when updating the app... Very interesting.
Quote:
but when I mentioned that a class-action lawsuit is going on on this matter, then He fixed it ....
Just logged into my account and noticed it was changed to 2 screen + HD, I swear this was 2 screen + UHD previously.

Sony 75" XBR-75Z9D
Denon AVR-X4400H
post #16695 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Just logged into my account and noticed it was changed to 2 screen + HD, I swear this was 2 screen + UHD previously.
sorry to hear it. my is the same thing now, but I still can see the 4K row at the netflix app
post #16696 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I will check mine when I get home, but I have the 4 screen + UHD, so mine is probably fine. I can also verify that when I looked last, UHD was only an option on the 4 screen plan (just telling you what is really in there, I understand that you must have gotten it at one time grandfathered in).

-RS
post #16697 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I will check mine when I get home, but I have the 4 screen + UHD, so mine is probably fine. I can also verify that when I looked last, UHD was only an option on the 4 screen plan (just telling you what is really in there, I understand that you must have gotten it at one time grandfathered in).
If you have the app at your phone just click the lines on the left corner and click account. you should be able to see your currently plan.

for those that have the 2 TV UHD plan, make a screenshot. it will save time to argue with netflix.
post #16698 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Horizon zero dawn on the og ps4 looks so rich and gorgeous in hdr it's just jaw droppingly eye candy for a console game
post #16699 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
Horizon zero dawn on the og ps4 looks so rich and gorgeous in hdr it's just jaw droppingly eye candy for a console game
On the e6 btw
post #16700 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I haven't updated the app yet but I can attest to this....When I got my E6 in December, I had to upgrade from 2 screens to 4 screen + UHD for $2 more in order to see the 4K section in Netflix.

Last edited by Mike4OLED; 02-28-2017 at 02:12 PM.
post #16701 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 4474 Post(s)
Liked: 5488
Quote:

Netflix has been taking all of the "grandfathered", $8.99 or whatever It was when Netflix first started, users and putting them on the cheapest plan which doesn't have 4K, etc.. It happened to me and I had to call and up my plan for a couple of dollars more a month to get 4K and HDR and DV. They announced this over a year ago but I think they are just getting to everyone recently.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #16702 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Don't update!!! I just did and lost all 4K and Dolby Vision programming!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I wonder if this is related to the major AWS outage currently happening that's affecting massive amounts of content stored on Amazon's servers (including, ironically, Netflix streaming content.)
post #16703 of 22061 Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt310 View Post
I wonder if this is related to the major AWS outage currently happening that's affecting massive amounts of content stored on Amazon's servers (including, ironically, Netflix streaming content.)
I switched to the 4 screen UHD plan for 11.99 and it magically showed 4K again...

Sony 75" XBR-75Z9D
Denon AVR-X4400H

Last edited by Y2JDMBFAN; 02-28-2017 at 09:22 PM.
post #16704 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 610
AHH got the nerflix update here aswell whats the verdict?
Update or not?
post #16705 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post
AHH got the nerflix update here aswell whats the verdict?
Update or not?
Don't think it has anything to do with the update. If you still have a 2 screen plan, you will lose UHD whether you upgrade or not.
vaktmestern and jrref like this.

post #16706 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
With many of you having been owners for upwards of a year now, what is the consensus on sound quality out of the speaker on the E6? Tinny? Enough mid-range and bass coverage to not get frustrated?

Additionally, has anybody used the TV speaker+optical and sending the optical signal to an amplifier which is only powering a sub or directly to a powered sub?

Thanks!
post #16707 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla View Post
With many of you having been owners for upwards of a year now, what is the consensus on sound quality out of the speaker on the E6? Tinny? Enough mid-range and bass coverage to not get frustrated?

Additionally, has anybody used the TV speaker+optical and sending the optical signal to an amplifier which is only powering a sub or directly to a powered sub?

Thanks!
It's kool if putting in a bedroom but it doesn't compare to a dedicated soundbar with sub and not even in the ballpark with a dedicated home theater setup
post #16708 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6685 Post(s)
Liked: 6684
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Just had the panel replaced on my 65" E6 due to some mild panel uniformity issues. All in all a great experience with excellent customer support from LG.
Over all this is how LG is, sure there will be cracks that people fall thru, but not many.....
post #16709 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
It's kool if putting in a bedroom but it doesn't compare to a dedicated soundbar with sub and not even in the ballpark with a dedicated home theater setup
That's what I am afraid of. This would be a family room set. Would end up used for kid movies and such. I think if I could just get a sub added, I'd be fine. Trying to avoid going full blown on this one for family simplicity (remote control complexity breeds contempt in my household).

Still wondering if anybody has tried a simple setup where optical goes to sub for added bass and how that sounds.

Thanks.
post #16710 of 22061 Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla View Post
That's what I am afraid of. This would be a family room set. Would end up used for kid movies and such. I think if I could just get a sub added, I'd be fine. Trying to avoid going full blown on this one for family simplicity (remote control complexity breeds contempt in my household).

Still wondering if anybody has tried a simple setup where optical goes to sub for added bass and how that sounds.

Thanks.
the remote fix it ez. The Logitech harmony remotes are great and super ez to setup. (yes a little pricey, but IMO worth it.)
If we get one with a hub (which i'd suggest) you don't need to worry about line of site. The remote talks to the hub and the hub (with also has IR blasters) talks to the devices. If looking to get one, it'd suggest one with the LCD screen, unless you really only have a few "actions" (like watch TV or bluray)
programmable remotes have gotten really easy/fast to setup.

anyone remember the pronto? god damn that took a long time to setup. each button, placements, icon, macros, IR codes.. ugh

TV: LG OLED77C8PUA, LG OLED65E7P | Receiver Denon X8500H | 5.1.2 with PSB speakers
HTPC: i9-7900X @ 4.7ghz, DDR4 32gigs, Intel Optane 960gb x2, Nvidia 2080 ti (SLI)
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, Tivo Bolt+, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro, Switch, Fire TV 4k
CalMan Enthusiast, SpectraCal C6-HDR, VideoForge Pro | Control: Logitech Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
65e6p , 65G6P , dolby vision , OLED55C6P , OLED65E6P , vesa mount. shelving

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page