2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread - Page 682 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88120Likes

post #20431 of 23405 Old 02-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
I actually prefer Auto since it does exactly what you say. I tried manual for a while to crank up the depth factor but it wasnt worth it. The very edges of my screen became "ghosty" or odd looking. Not terrible but once I switched back to Auto, the edges cleaned up and it was defintely better. The depth is still very good and the overall 3D performance of my set is terrific.

So, I say use Auto mode for 3D for best results.
Manual and centred avoids picture scaling. If you use the manual depth and perspective modes you can see the image for left and right eyes stretching and moving apart or together. Auto dynamically does that stuff is why you can see it home in left and right edges.
RoadLizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20432 of 23405 Old 02-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
I had a long reply here. But I realise how hard it is to shoot thru the 3D lens and keep them straight. So I'm thinking the photo comparison is not the way to go.

Not sure what you mean straight?...Holding the glasses against the lens and pressing the shutter button?...Ehh, I've done it many times, At least with a real camera and maybe not a phone....you mean finding an acceptable photo you want to post here? If discrepancy is the issue feel free to E-mail me [email protected]... You can remain anonymous....didn't see you mention if you even tried the Numbers test or my Black/White-- I think my find works better as it blends to a gray full screen...It's a good seating position tool, Because I feel it shows best/worse case scenario in the room angle, height and distance, Easier to make change corrections. Try a self compare with the white areas of that slide to the places you saw the crosstalk in Tangled...They will match..I know and never expected perfection....So far the 3 point V is the best I can achieve and it's fine for 16:9 movies because the black bars fill most of the corrupted edge space....Full screen is obviously a different story.

BTW...my request is also because I do not have the ability to change anything, So I have not tried to down tilt, my center pic is flat direct.. my unit is not & can not be wall mounted, So I would need to invest in a tillable floor mount or home modify the mfg base with brackets to safely lift the back without tipping over....I would think the Tilting would be the same 3 point V as raising the seat height like my center picture though...Anyhoo.....Lemme know what you find..
post #20433 of 23405 Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1184 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyElouPeS View Post
Not sure what you mean straight?...Holding the glasses against the lens and pressing the shutter button?...Ehh, I've done it many times, At least with a real camera and maybe not a phone....you mean finding an acceptable photo you want to post here? If discrepancy is the issue feel free to E-mail me [email protected]... You can remain anonymous....didn't see you mention if you even tried the Numbers test or my Black/White-- I think my find works better as it blends to a gray full screen...It's a good seating position tool, Because I feel it shows best/worse case scenario in the room angle, height and distance, Easier to make change corrections. Try a self compare with the white areas of that slide to the places you saw the crosstalk in Tangled...They will match..I know and never expected perfection....So far the 3 point V is the best I can achieve and it's fine for 16:9 movies because the black bars fill most of the corrupted edge space....Full screen is obviously a different story.

BTW...my request is also because I do not have the ability to change anything, So I have not tried to down tilt, my center pic is flat direct.. my unit is not & can not be wall mounted, So I would need to invest in a tillable floor mount or home modify the mfg base with brackets to safely lift the back without tipping over....I would think the Tilting would be the same 3 point V as raising the seat height like my center picture though...Anyhoo.....Lemme know what you find..
If you sit higher in the seat does the picture clean up? Top area? My TV is against/close to the wall, not mounted. I put/wedged two dvd cases between the TV and wall, at the top...angling it downwards a bit. Enough to have a clean image both laying down on the sofa as well as sitting upright in the chair next to it. I had to tape the back of the TV stand down to the glass table...it would slide forward/back to level after a day or two otherwise.

The current Oled is aligned very well...I never see crosstalk from viewing positions (with the slight downward tilt). The ones I went thru where different on each one. Upper right quadrant...upper left...centerish waving upward to the top right. One had issues both at the bottom left and upper right. Like someone said, it seems to be a stretching issue by the machine that applied the polarizing film. I noticed that, while looking at banding color slides, there was a whitish grey slide that I could see...sort of...a faint line matching the wave/stretching flaw. Barely see it...but it was there. Matched the wave right where the start of the crosstalk was on that TV.

Going thru so many TV's N screens to find a good 3D one...made me think that one reason LG dropped 3D was they were apparently having major issues lining the film up correctly. Maybe it's a very thin flimsy film...perhaps not much thicker than a plastic shopping bag. That or perhaps in the manufacturing process heat is used...allowing the film to expand/stretch/deform in unwanted ways. And maybe I was not the only one determined to find a clean 3D screen, perhaps many people were. Might have been costly to them...with all the returns and exchanges.

I suspect the higher the resolution screen...the more difficult it is to make the film...and apply it properly. 4K might have been a nightmare to get right consistently on the assembly line. Now 8K even worse...16K down the road...even more so.

Add to that the belief that people just don't care about the "gimmick" of at home 3D movies...it does not affect their buying decision...well, why bother with the troublesome 3D filters.

If my experience is a good representation of LG 3D...then 4 out of 5 2016 65" 4K LG tv's have out of alignment filters. That would be 80% have 3D problems.

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-02-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20434 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
If you sit higher in the seat does the picture clean up? Top area? My TV is against/close to the wall, not mounted. I put/wedged two dvd cases between the TV and wall, at the top...angling it downwards a bit. Enough to have a clean image both laying down on the sofa as well as sitting upright in the chair next to it. I had to tape the back of the TV stand down to the glass table...it would slide forward/back to level after a day or two otherwise.

The current Oled is aligned very well...I never see crosstalk from viewing positions (with the slight downward tilt). The ones I went thru where different on each one. Upper right quadrant...upper left...centerish waving upward to the top right. One had issues both at the bottom left and upper right. Like someone said, it seems to be a stretching issue by the machine that applied the polarizing film. I noticed that, while looking at banding color slides, there was a whitish grey slide that I could see...sort of...a faint line matching the wave/stretching flaw. Barely see it...but it was there. Matched the wave right where the start of the crosstalk was on that TV.

Going thru so many TV's N screens to find a good 3D one...made me think that one reason LG dropped 3D was they were apparently having major issues lining the film up correctly. Maybe it's a very thin flimsy film...perhaps not much thicker than a plastic shopping bag. That or perhaps in the manufacturing process heat is used...allowing the film to expand/stretch/deform in unwanted ways. And maybe I was not the only one determined to find a clean 3D screen, perhaps many people were. Might have been costly to them...with all the returns and exchanges.

I suspect the higher the resolution screen...the more difficult it is to make the film...and apply it properly. 4K might have been a nightmare to get right consistently on the assembly line. Now 8K even worse...16K down the road...even more so.

Add to that the belief that people just don't care about the "gimmick" of at home 3D movies...it does not affect their buying decision...well, why bother with the troublesome 3D filters.

If my experience is a good representation of LG 3D...then 4 out of 5 2016 65" 4K LG tv's have out of alignment filters. That would be 80% have 3D problems.
Then I should consider myself lucky as I have perfect 3d on my 65 c6

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Kenbar likes this.
post #20435 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 02:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Liked: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post
Then I should consider myself lucky as I have perfect 3d on my 65 c6
Would you mind posting a through the glasses crosstalk test picture of your perfect 3D? Like the ones linked at post #20404 or #20413.
post #20436 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7622 Post(s)
Liked: 7694
Quote:

One thing is for sure, if people have issues with there screens they will have a choice, live with it as is, or get swapped into a 2017 NON 3D unit.....
post #20437 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
One thing is for sure, if people have issues with there screens they will have a choice, live with it as is, or get swapped into a 2017 NON 3D unit.....
Yes. The very first thing folks should have checked on a new set was...banding issues...and 3D crosstalk issues. But many think a little crosstalk is normal. Generally it is not. Perhaps some older 2D conversions might have some errors...but pretty much a thing of the past.

I can't help but constantly scan for crosstalk errors after all I went thru. I like to think I'm a bit of a 3D error expert...along with a love expert...till I wake up in the morning to reality. But back on track, I have not seen any crosstalk in later day movies. And I have rewatched, most all (I think) my 250+ 3D movies since I finally found the clean Oled.

Perhaps I just had a run of bad luck, perhaps LG 3D quality control dropped part way into 2016, when management decided they were going to giving up on 3D for 2017 as no one cared about 3D anyways. Maybe the earlier 2016 ones were carefully inspected for filter alignment. Only LG knows what the story is.

If folks want to see an example of how good 3d can be, the documovie, "Jerusalem" (a mix of 2D and 3D) along with "Mozart" offers what I have found to be the absolute best 3D. But they won't win any awards. Boring to me. But...wow...the 3D is very impressive.

Two setting I found to get the clearest image while watching 3D...super resolution on high...and sharpness all the way up at 50. Brings out the details a bit more. Before you all trash the idea, give it a try on 3D. Then trash it.
post #20438 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Yes. The very first thing folks should have checked on a new set was...banding issues...and 3D crosstalk issues. But many think a little crosstalk is normal. Generally it is not. Perhaps some older 2D conversions might have some errors...but pretty much a thing of the past.

I can't help but constantly scan for crosstalk errors after all I went thru. I like to think I'm a bit of a 3D error expert...along with a love expert...till I wake up in the morning to reality. But back on track, I have not seen any crosstalk in later day movies. And I have rewatched, most all (I think) my 250+ 3D movies since I finally found the clean Oled.

Perhaps I just had a run of bad luck, perhaps LG 3D quality control dropped part way into 2016, when management decided they were going to giving up on 3D for 2017 as no one cared about 3D anyways. Maybe the earlier 2016 ones were carefully inspected for filter alignment. Only LG knows what the story is.

If folks want to see an example of how good 3d can be, the documovie, "Jerusalem" (a mix of 2D and 3D) along with "Mozart" offers what I have found to be the absolute best 3D. But they won't win any awards. Boring to me. But...wow...the 3D is very impressive.

Two setting I found to get the clearest image while watching 3D...super resolution on high...and sharpness all the way up at 50. Brings out the details a bit more. Before you all trash the idea, give it a try on 3D. Then trash it.
I have 3 oleds a 55, 65 and 77 . All filters are a-ok. I was especially concerned about the 77, but. it has proven to be a winner as well. no more tvs for a long time. love oled 3D presentation!
NSCTripleAgent and Kenbar like this.
post #20439 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Yes. The very first thing folks should have checked on a new set was...banding issues...and 3D crosstalk issues. But many think a little crosstalk is normal. Generally it is not.
I disagree. A little crosstalk is inevitable with inexpensive circularly polarized glasses in real life. A little. Even if the content was shot perfectly, and the director and DP paid close attention to the 3D supervisor on every setup. Sorry, I just cracked myself up there for a minute - as if that would EVER happen except maybe with Jim Cameron.

The absolutely perfect viewing position for a given set and installation is impossible to achieve consistently. So many variables. You may find it for a second or two, but the next breath will shift your body, or the glasses will slip slightly down your nose, or you'll shift in your seat, or, or, or...

I am consistently amazed at how good 3D on my 65E6 looks, considering the endless variables involved. But it's not perfect.
jk82 and video_analysis like this.
post #20440 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
I disagree. A little crosstalk is inevitable with inexpensive circularly polarized glasses in real life. A little. Even if the content was shot perfectly, and the director and DP paid close attention to the 3D supervisor on every setup. Sorry, I just cracked myself up there for a minute - as if that would EVER happen except maybe with Jim Cameron.

The absolutely perfect viewing position for a given set and installation is impossible to achieve consistently. So many variables. You may find it for a second or two, but the next breath will shift your body, or the glasses will slip slightly down your nose, or you'll shift in your seat, or, or, or...

I am consistently amazed at how good 3D on my 65E6 looks, considering the endless variables involved. But it's not perfect.
I don't see those problems from any of the three seating positions I have (not that wide of a range), unless I tilt my head sideways to far. Maybe my eyes are not so good.

EyElouPeS and FredB51 like this.

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-03-2018 at 08:55 PM.
post #20441 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Did you try any of the crosstalk test images posted a page back or so? If so do you see a perfectly black screen when closing one eye? No? Then you have crosstalk. Every TV using polarized 3D has it so some extent. There is no 100% light blockage with polarized 3D, neither is there with shutter.

And for not seing it in content, I guess it's just the same as with vertical banding, some people just don't see it...

As for crosstalk being part of the 3D conversion, I haven't found a case where this is true at least not on the movies I recently watched. On PC I can check the individual left/right pictures and see if there is a problem or not.
video_analysis likes this.
post #20442 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Did you try any of the crosstalk test images posted a page back or so? If so do you see a perfectly black screen when closing one eye? No? Then you have crosstalk. Every TV using polarized 3D has it so some extent. There is no 100% light blockage with polarized 3D, neither is there with shutter.

And for not seing it in content, I guess it's just the same as with vertical banding, some people just don't see it...

As for crosstalk being part of the 3D conversion, I haven't found a case where this is true at least not on the movies I recently watched. On PC I can check the individual left/right pictures and see if there is a problem or not.
No, I don't know how to transfer to USB on my chromebook. So no go for me.

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
post #20443 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Yes ...If I sit higher it moves from the top to the 3 point V, Like I explained and posted pictures 10 posts ago....

BTW...Is that the long speech you didn't want to share before?...Not that it wasn't appreciated & somewhat funny, All I asked for was a picture not 406 words, I know the back story already.
Picture = 1000 words Remember?...Geeze, Do you all have a non-disclosure agreement?....LOL...My Pic, Your seated view...Tranquil silence.

Enjoy the game Sunday guys & be Safe !!!

Thanks for your Effort :::::Handshake:::::
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	you.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2355916  
post #20444 of 23405 Old 02-03-2018, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes ...If I sit higher it moves from the top to the 3 point V, Like I explained and posted pictures 10 posts ago....

BTW...Is that the long speech you didn't want to share before?...Not that it wasn't appreciated & somewhat funny, All I asked for was a picture not 406 words, I know the back story already.
Picture = 1000 words Remember?...Geeze, Do you all have a non-disclosure agreement?....LOL...My Pic, Your seated view...Tranquil silence.

Enjoy the game Sunday guys & be Safe !!!

Thanks for your Effort :::::Handshake:::::
Sorry I could not help

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-03-2018 at 08:40 PM.
post #20445 of 23405 Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 1583
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post

I suppose perfect is too strong of a word. My set has extremely good 3D but there’s are times here and there when I might catch an artifact. The edges aren’t always perfect but it’s uauslly the extreme edge that might be a little dodgy. Still, compared to other 3D TVs I’ve tried..... it does seem perfect!
mttpalmer likes this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
post #20446 of 23405 Old 02-04-2018, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
I suppose perfect is too strong of a word. My set has extremely good 3D but there’s are times here and there when I might catch an artifact. The edges aren’t always perfect but it’s usually the extreme edge that might be a little dodgy. Still, compared to other 3D TVs I’ve tried..... it does seem perfect!
Now that I see fairly often...at the extreme edges. But I think that's just a limitation of passive technology. Maybe where one "eye" runs off the screen a hair before the other eye does? But I don't know that it shows up as what I would call crosstalk. Dodgy sounds like a fine word to use.

Found this from Ratings:

"The C6P supports passive 3D and it is very good. There are not any major problems or any crosstalk visible when viewed from the front or the side".

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c6-oled

2015/2016 Passive 3D TVs 3D Score Mixed Usage

LG UF8500 10.0/10 6.6/10
LG UF9500 9.0/10 7.1/10
LG EC9300 9.0/10 7.8/10
LG EF9500 10.0/10 8.5/10
LG EG9100 9.0/10 7.9/10
LG EG9600 10.0/10 8.6/10
Sony X900C 10.0/10 7.4/10
LG UH8500 9.0/10 7.6/10
LG E6 10.0/10 8.5/10
LG C6 10.0/10 8.6/10

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/3d-t...-vs-passive-3d

The Oleds scored 10 along with several others.
RoadLizard likes this.

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-04-2018 at 08:18 AM.
post #20447 of 23405 Old 02-04-2018, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I'm one of those that sees cross-talk near the top and bottom V, especially when slightly off-axis vertically. Tested with the black/white side-by-side slide, but also apparent with menu screens. But I also sit a bit closer than ideal (9 ft for a 65", and I've found I can't "see" pop-out effects much anyway (movie theaters too), so 3D isn't enough value to me to bother trying to replace an otherwise very good panel. My family doesn't care for donning 3D glasses much and always prefer to watch a movie in 2D when I have both disks, so lately I've been buying the 4K versions unless the particular movie has outstanding 3D or is designed for it (3D gags embedded in the plot, like many animated movies). Yeah I spent a lot of $$ on this and jumped on this OLED in part to grab the last of the 3D sets, but I'm kind of giving up on trying to fix it.
EyElouPeS and wildbill722 like this.

HT: OLED65E6P (ChadB cal'd), STR-DN1080, UBP-X800, 7 Take Classics, Triple SB2000's
LR: 47LW5600
post #20448 of 23405 Old 02-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I’m trying to get smart tv to work on my OLED65G6P! I have the TV on HDMI 2 the arc input. I have audio set to ARC in the tv and CEC on.
On the AVM60, I have an input set for Video - None, Audio in ARC hdmi return channel. General settings I have CEC control on. No sound!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7.2.4 Anthem AVM60
Marantz MM9000, MM7055, Odyssey Stratos Stereo Extreme amps
Revel F52's and C52 center (4)M106 surrounds (4) C763L ceiling
Zappiti One HDR 4K, OPPO UDP-203
post #20449 of 23405 Old 02-05-2018, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2405 Post(s)
Liked: 2734
Where is our Dolby Vision fix?
post #20450 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Why so difficult?

I want to be able to see the output of my G5 Mac on my LG OLED e6 running through my Onkyo 646 receiver. I am using a DVI to HDMI cable. Currently, if I feed the output directly into the receiver, I see snow. If I feed the output directly to the TV, I see the computer desktop. If I use an Elgato game capture HD video capture device that my son lent to me, and feed that output into the receiver, I see the computer desktop. What is that capture device doing that allows the signal to get through to the receiver? And can I use another device that will work just as well, so that I can give my son's device back to him?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
post #20451 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
No, I don't know how to transfer to USB on my chromebook. So no go for me.

By Courtesy of Google

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/s...ges-chromebook
post #20452 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks! Maybe next time I'm at Best Buy I'll buy a cheap USB.

The movie "Beauty and the Beast" 2017 has many challenging candle flame scenes. Probably would show crosstalk at various points in the film if the filter is not lined up properly. Not as good as "Tangled" as it's not full screen, but perhaps an alternative. "3D Rarities" also has numerous challenging test shots.

If folks are seeing crosstalk, LG was very good about replacing screens for me. But might depend on the tech you end up getting perhaps. Regardless, the time to act is before the warranty runs out or...any hope will be lost for sure.
post #20453 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Maybe next time I'm at Best Buy I'll buy a cheap USB.

The movie "Beauty and the Beast" 2017 has many challenging candle flame scenes. Probably would show crosstalk at various points in the film if the filter is not lined up properly. Not as good as "Tangled" as it's not full screen, but perhaps an alternative. "3D Rarities" also has numerous challenging test shots.

If folks are seeing crosstalk, LG was very good about replacing screens for me. But might depend on the tech you end up getting perhaps. Regardless, the time to act is before the warranty runs out or...any hope will be lost for sure.

I totally agree with you on that Ken, Their customer service etiquette is awesome.

Here's an eyeloupe question for you...Since you seem to have a general idea where you've seen "various point" issues in films, View a standard non-3D television broadcast that has worded text, Logos, A weather map grid or something with hardline edges while using the built in 2D to 3D video conversion, settings at "cinema or extreme" mode. This in my opinion will both amplify the 3D request effect at all screen points and also eliminate intended eye focus points... I fully understand the picture depth effect itself will be oddly altered, incorrect or backwards, But keeping that in mind that does not matter for this question, Lemme know if you have similarities in only those small screen point locations you've experienced it before.

*Yawn*...Time for sleep and you are beautiful
post #20454 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmo777 View Post
I want to be able to see the output of my G5 Mac on my LG OLED e6 running through my Onkyo 646 receiver. I am using a DVI to HDMI cable. Currently, if I feed the output directly into the receiver, I see snow. If I feed the output directly to the TV, I see the computer desktop. If I use an Elgato game capture HD video capture device that my son lent to me, and feed that output into the receiver, I see the computer desktop. What is that capture device doing that allows the signal to get through to the receiver? And can I use another device that will work just as well, so that I can give my son's device back to him?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Did a quick help search and found an answer to your scenario's first part... anyway..... From your receiver's reference information. Under second bullet point * "Caution"

http://www.onkyo.com/manual/txnr646/adv/en/070.html
post #20455 of 23405 Old 02-06-2018, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4465 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
I can scarcely believe they can get better alignment than on my supposedly hand-built 77". Distant bright objects definitely have a tendency to double up, but I'm also sitting closer than advised.
post #20456 of 23405 Old 02-07-2018, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I can scarcely believe they can get better alignment than on my supposedly hand-built 77". Distant bright objects definitely have a tendency to double up, but I'm also sitting closer than advised.
Yea, room restrictions can suck. Have you tried raising/lowering you eye level? 6 to 12 inches up/down might make a difference, clean it up. If it does you may be able to angle/tilt the tv a degree or two forward/backward.
post #20457 of 23405 Old 02-07-2018, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4465 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Yes, it's an articulating wall mount, but vertical angle doesn't have much effect on ghosting background objects from 9-10 feet out on a 77" screen.
Kenbar likes this.
post #20458 of 23405 Old 02-07-2018, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Yes, it's an articulating wall mount, but vertical angle doesn't have much effect on ghosting background objects from 9-10 feet out on a 77" screen.
Yea, you're probably to close for a 77". Simple solutions...backwall expansion..

Or...new place!

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-07-2018 at 04:14 PM.
post #20459 of 23405 Old 02-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Heres two png images for easy 3D crosstalk testing, one for the right and one for the left eye.

https://i.pi.gy/gexmv.png
https://i.pi.gy/73Bxg.png

Just copy them to an usb flash drive and use the TVs picture viewer or use a pc.
Then press the 3D button on the remote and chose top/bottom 3D. The picture should now fill the whole screen.

Now view them through the 3D glasses and check for crosstalk by alternating between your left and right eye.

I use oled-light 48, contrast 85 for 3D.
On my C6 the picture gets darker but it's nowhere near fully blocked. I can see the same kind of crosstalk in certain movies, especially bright lights on dark background.
It looks pretty uniform though, so I doubt my 3D filter is misaligned. Moving my head off center I can cleary see when it's becoming bad.
Sorry if I seem a bit stupid, but what should I be seeing when testing with these images. When I try them they are dim but the right eye is not as dark or uniform as the left (but then I wear specs because I have impaired sight in my right eye). None of the screen is bright white though on either.
post #20460 of 23405 Old 02-07-2018, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx5779 View Post
Sorry if I seem a bit stupid, but what should I be seeing when testing with these images. When I try them they are dim but the right eye is not as dark or uniform as the left (but then I wear specs because I have impaired sight in my right eye). None of the screen is bright white though on either.
If neither left or right eye show a fully bright or the picture isn't filling the whole screen then I'd say you did something wrong, not sure what though.

What you should be seing is a fully bright fullscreen picture with one eye and a black picture with the other eye. That is if there was no crosstalk, which is not the case with polarized 3D so instead of a black picture you will see a dimmed picture. If there are some bright spots on the dimmed picture then this would indicate a problem with either your viewing position or a misaligned 3D filter.

Last edited by jk82; 02-07-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
65e6p , 65G6P , dolby vision , OLED55C6P , OLED65E6P , vesa mount. shelving

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page