2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread - Page 729 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88089Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21841 of 23343 Old 04-10-2019, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston'ish
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANLUC1 View Post
I just returned a LG OLED65C6V bought on a Belgian site which has been repacked (replaced panel) by LG UK repackaged in a carton of "E7" and which has lost its 3D function.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...550016&thumb=1

LG has not made any 3D panels since 2017. It's outrageous, but it's like that. The manufacturers have NO respect for the consumers. 3D is no longer profitable, too bad for 3D enthusiasts !!!!!!!!!!
Your pictures clearly show the seller mislabeled an E7 as an E6 and sold it as a G6, I see nothing suggesting you bought a C6 and the 7 series never had 3D in any model.

You were shipped something not a G6, this has zero to do with LG replacing 3D panels with non 3D panels on a repair.


I'll chalk this up to a language issue, but your problem is not what you said it was.
EyElouPeS likes this.
dianebrat is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21842 of 23343 Old 04-10-2019, 05:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
First, I was wrong, it's not a "C6" I received, but an "E6" in a package of "E7". And the 3D did not work on this "E6" which was repackaged (replaced panel) received in a package of "E7".
VANLUC1 is offline  
post #21843 of 23343 Old 04-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston'ish
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANLUC1 View Post
First, I was wrong, it's not a "C6" I received, but an "E6" in a package of "E7". And the 3D did not work on this "E6" which was repackaged (replaced panel) received in a package of "E7".
The point is still valid, this isn't a "new" product and the description from the vendor is for an G6, and without seeing that the set is actually an E6 from a picture of the build plate it could have been an E7 in my eyes. One oddly sold used unit by a crappy vendor does not mean LG is replacing panels in the way you describe, it could very well have been a 3rd party.
dianebrat is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21844 of 23343 Old 04-10-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,821
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5786 Post(s)
Liked: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANLUC1 View Post
First, I was wrong, it's not a "C6" I received, but an "E6" in a package of "E7". And the 3D did not work on this "E6" which was repackaged (replaced panel) received in a package of "E7".
LG did not rip you off, but the website you bought it from did. I would bet they are not even an authorized LG dealer. You got scammed. On the back of the tv, does the label show it as an E7 or E6? Same when you go into general settings in tv menu and you select "About this tv" does it show it as an E6 or E7?
wxman is offline  
post #21845 of 23343 Old 04-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston'ish
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
LG did not rip you off, but the website you bought it from did. I would bet they are not even an authorized LG dealer. You got scammed. On the back of the tv, does the label show it as an E7 or E6? Same when you go into general settings in tv menu and you select "About this tv" does it show it as an E6 or E7?
They've already sent it back, but yeah, I had the same question since an E6 and E7 look close at first glance.
dianebrat is online now  
post #21846 of 23343 Old 04-14-2019, 02:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,949
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4464 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
More than likely, unless something awful crops up.
I'm pretty sure more maintenance updates will come through at least year 5.
video_analysis is offline  
post #21847 of 23343 Old 04-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Member
 
EyElouPeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I'm pretty sure more maintenance updates will come through at least year 5.

Not sure if this stock count is correct, But here's an aftermarket panel claiming to be available for the E6...The same original part number LG used to replace mine last year..




https://www.m-and-d.com/order.html?id=N9pH2F5Z
EyElouPeS is offline  
post #21848 of 23343 Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyElouPeS View Post
Not sure if this stock count is correct, But here's an aftermarket panel claiming to be available for the E6...The same original part number LG used to replace mine last year..




https://www.m-and-d.com/order.html?id=N9pH2F5Z
Maybe it's been updated. Now showing "No items at the moment.", not even a part number.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
post #21849 of 23343 Old 04-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I'm pretty sure more maintenance updates will come through at least year 5.
Seems optimistic, but I like it. Does LG have a history of doing this for that long after release?

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
post #21850 of 23343 Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,821
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5786 Post(s)
Liked: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Seems optimistic, but I like it. Does LG have a history of doing this for that long after release?
I also have a 65EF9500, which is a 2015 model. A FW update came out for it August 2018.
mttpalmer likes this.
wxman is offline  
post #21851 of 23343 Old 04-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Member
 
EyElouPeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Maybe it's been updated. Now showing "No items at the moment.", not even a part number.



Yea, Sorry about that...I must have inadvertently linked the shopping cart link, it must have refreshed and timed out...


I just looked again and it still shows in the pre-directory "BUY" Link.. https://www.m-and-d.com/solr/words/EAJ63852801.html


I attempted to call this location, to ask if this price / availability was shipping from their own location or just their database order price from LG directly, But they were closed...


My part number notes I took back from last year were as follows ( the EAJ63852801 was my original factory part removed/replaced.... the other "701" a comparable replacement....LG was not able to explain the direct comparison difference between them when I asked)


eaj63728601 ?
EAJ63852801 $2730.44
EAJ63851701 $2538.57
mttpalmer likes this.
EyElouPeS is offline  
post #21852 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyElouPeS View Post
Yea, Sorry about that...I must have inadvertently linked the shopping cart link, it must have refreshed and timed out...


I just looked again and it still shows in the pre-directory "BUY" Link.. https://www.m-and-d.com/solr/words/EAJ63852801.html


I attempted to call this location, to ask if this price / availability was shipping from their own location or just their database order price from LG directly, But they were closed...


My part number notes I took back from last year were as follows ( the EAJ63852801 was my original factory part removed/replaced.... the other "701" a comparable replacement....LG was not able to explain the direct comparison difference between them when I asked)


eaj63728601 ?
EAJ63852801 $2730.44
EAJ63851701 $2538.57
the other "701" is not "3D" ...
VANLUC1 is offline  
post #21853 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 AM
Member
 
EyElouPeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANLUC1 View Post
the other "701" is not "3D" ...



Actually it is...I know because I had my panel replaced twice...The first time the documents showed the 701 was ordered when it was done at a shop... I found out afterwards the part used had a different number.....The second time, only the original 801 was available and shipped to my home through LG direct.


My thoughts were it was a quality rating system, but maybe it has something to do with where it was built?...I was happy to know the original part number was used, Because the "crosstalk conspiracy" issue was part of the reason the I requested the second exchange... but didn't see any difference between them..
EyElouPeS is offline  
post #21854 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,949
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4464 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Seems optimistic, but I like it. Does LG have a history of doing this for that long after release?
And the 2013 55EA9800 got a firmware update in January or February 2018.
video_analysis is offline  
post #21855 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
And the 2013 55EA9800 got a firmware update in January or February 2018.
I like to keep my expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised.
TimWelborn likes this.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
post #21856 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,821
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5786 Post(s)
Liked: 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
I like to keep my expectations low and then be pleasantly surprised.
To be honest, the updates over the last few years on my EF9500 were generally for the internal apps. No picture improvements. Pretty meaningless updates.
wxman is offline  
post #21857 of 23343 Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,949
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4464 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Like I originally stated, maintenance updates at up to 5 years wouldn't be a shocker.
video_analysis is offline  
post #21858 of 23343 Old 04-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Well Im back again. I finally came to the realization that for my 77g6p trumotion simply has to be on. There is no way around it. If its off, sometimes its fine, but most of the time there is too much stuttering and it hurts my eyes. Since turning on trumotion yes rarely I get some artifacts, but its a pay off. I'd rather not have my eyes hurt.

For SDR I use Cinema mode, tru DJ 1 DB 0
For HDR I use HDR standard tru DJ 0 DB 4

This is the best I can work with, and its working so far fine.
RoadLizard likes this.
Manoj Mohan is offline  
post #21859 of 23343 Old 04-22-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,977
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Mohan View Post
Well Im back again. I finally came to the realization that for my 77g6p trumotion simply has to be on. There is no way around it. If its off, sometimes its fine, but most of the time there is too much stuttering and it hurts my eyes. Since turning on trumotion yes rarely I get some artifacts, but its a pay off. I'd rather not have my eyes hurt.

For SDR I use Cinema mode, tru DJ 1 DB 0
For HDR I use HDR standard tru DJ 0 DB 4

This is the best I can work with, and its working so far fine.
It doesn't matter what anyone else says, the important thing is what works for you.
DougDingle is offline  
post #21860 of 23343 Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
It doesn't matter what anyone else says, the important thing is what works for you.
Precisely. For example I find TruMotion causes artifacts. To me, it doesn’t hide artifacts, rather having it enabled at all introduces false smoothness which I find very very annoying.

But the reason there is a control is you are allowed to adjust it to your taste. Yours is different than mine but it doesn’t mean that your setting or mine (all off) is incorrect.
kucharsk is offline  
post #21861 of 23343 Old 04-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
Precisely. For example I find TruMotion causes artifacts. To me, it doesn’t hide artifacts, rather having it enabled at all introduces false smoothness which I find very very annoying.



But the reason there is a control is you are allowed to adjust it to your taste. Yours is different than mine but it doesn’t mean that your setting or mine (all off) is incorrect.


There are many arguments to this. It inserts frames which don’t exist in the source material so, much like dynamic contrast, vivid mode etc, it takes the image away from what the director intended you to see. So some might argue that it’s ‘incorrect’. But as the owner of the tv people have the right to use whichever settings they want.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew Stirling is offline  
post #21862 of 23343 Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Member
 
EyElouPeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[QUOTE=Andrew Stirling;57938630]There are many arguments to this. It inserts frames which don’t exist in the source material so, much like dynamic contrast, vivid mode etc, it takes the image away from what the director intended you to see. So some might argue that it’s ‘incorrect’. But as the owner of the tv people have the right to use whichever settings they want.

Andrew, Since these smart televisions are basically just a computer with a very large monitor, could the stuttering be caused by a lack of processing power or internal memory trying to decode and play newer more complicated content?... If so wouldn't using onboard enhancement features just add to the dilemma?
EyElouPeS is offline  
post #21863 of 23343 Old 04-23-2019, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 600
2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread

[quote=EyElouPeS;57943380]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stirling View Post
There are many arguments to this. It inserts frames which don’t exist in the source material so, much like dynamic contrast, vivid mode etc, it takes the image away from what the director intended you to see. So some might argue that it’s ‘incorrect’. But as the owner of the tv people have the right to use whichever settings they want.

Andrew, Since these smart televisions are basically just a computer with a very large monitor, could the stuttering be caused by a lack of processing power or internal memory trying to decode and play newer more complicated content?... If so wouldn't using onboard enhancement features just add to the dilemma?


I think the perceived stuttering is due to us being trained for years to watch tv at 50hz or 60hz (depending on region). That introduced a different problem when playing native material in that it had to insert frames in native 23.976hz content but our eyes have adjusted to that over the years. Now these TVs are displaying content at the lower native framerate, our eyes can see it, especially during panning shots. TVs also differ in technology and response times etc which means that some technologies with lower response times (e.g. lcd TVs) mask the issue a little as there is a bit more of a blur between frames.
I think people who have moved from plasma TVs don’t notice the lower framerate as motion was fairly similar on their sets. People moving from LCDs are more likely to see the difference.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EyElouPeS likes this.
Andrew Stirling is offline  
post #21864 of 23343 Old 04-24-2019, 04:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Guys, can anyone please help me:
- i own LG OLED 65G6P
- i want to play PC games on it in 4k resolution
- i connected it to my PC video card (gtx 2080ti) via good quality HDMI cable that supports 4k, 15 feet.

Question: what refresh rate can this TV do at 4k? Can 2019 models do better?
Kuat is offline  
post #21865 of 23343 Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,008
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuat View Post
Guys, can anyone please help me:
- i own LG OLED 65G6P
- i want to play PC games on it in 4k resolution
- i connected it to my PC video card (gtx 2080ti) via good quality HDMI cable that supports 4k, 15 feet.

Question: what refresh rate can this TV do at 4k? Can 2019 models do better?
I believe it can handle 60 FPS. I also believe the 2019's are better at gaming, faster response. But not sure if the frame rate has improved...

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Kenbar is offline  
post #21866 of 23343 Old 04-28-2019, 09:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bought an "Amazon Certified Refurbished" OLED C6P 65 with a 90-day warranty, but have reported a vertical line of discolouration problem and heard no advice on actually how the set will be fixed. I'm a 3D fan, and would prefer to keep the set as I know they go for a premium - but not sure about if/how the vertical line can be fixed. Has anyone had success with a vertical line fading? disappearing? I've tried 'Clear Panel Noise' and Firmware/reset update - I would say the line faded from it's first appearance, but doesn't inspire great confidence.

michaelvh is offline  
post #21867 of 23343 Old 04-29-2019, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,008
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvh View Post
Bought an "Amazon Certified Refurbished" OLED C6P 65 with a 90-day warranty, but have reported a vertical line of discolouration problem and heard no advice on actually how the set will be fixed. I'm a 3D fan, and would prefer to keep the set as I know they go for a premium - but not sure about if/how the vertical line can be fixed. Has anyone had success with a vertical line fading? disappearing? I've tried 'Clear Panel Noise' and Firmware/reset update - I would say the line faded from it's first appearance, but doesn't inspire great confidence.

Generally, vertical lines are screen issues. I question if replacement screens are available. Is Amazon saying what they are going to do...send a tech out to inspect it? Or is it a question of...return, don't return? If that's your options...sorry to say return is the best course of action in my opinion.

I purchased a used passive 3D 4K LED/LCD tv (LG 65UF8500) to use as backup for $1000 a year ago. 2015 model. Has it's flaws...my Oled definitely has the better image quality. But it has great 3D too and I really enjoy the carefree watching it provides. Very happy with it.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Kenbar is offline  
post #21868 of 23343 Old 04-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Pottypotsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Have we seen the last firmware update on these TVs?

I got an update today for my E6, no idea what is in it though?
Pottypotsworth is offline  
post #21869 of 23343 Old 04-30-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,821
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5786 Post(s)
Liked: 4143
Korean site has a new FW update. 05.30.60 Came out today. Looks like just a security update. https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...currentPageNo=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 4.41.28 PM.png
Views:	68
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	2560670  
wxman is offline  
post #21870 of 23343 Old 05-02-2019, 03:36 AM
Senior Member
 
256k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 426
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Korean site has a new FW update. 05.30.60 Came out today. Looks like just a security update. https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...currentPageNo=

was gonna ask about it... my TV just installed it right now, sad news then :/

OLED E6 USER
256k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
65e6p , 65G6P , dolby vision , OLED55C6P , OLED65E6P , vesa mount. shelving

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off