2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread - Page 777 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88120Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23281 of 23396 Old 05-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Member
 
jayb5635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey all, hoping can help me with something I am unable to figure out. I am considering getting the newly announced Sonos Arc sound bar. It would replace the Sonos Beam I have connected to the HDMI Arc port on the back of the tv. Would I be able to achieve Dolby Atmos on the new sound bar if I connect to the HDMI Arc port as well?
jayb5635 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23282 of 23396 Old 05-06-2020, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,853
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5805 Post(s)
Liked: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb5635 View Post
Hey all, hoping can help me with something I am unable to figure out. I am considering getting the newly announced Sonos Arc sound bar. It would replace the Sonos Beam I have connected to the HDMI Arc port on the back of the tv. Would I be able to achieve Dolby Atmos on the new sound bar if I connect to the HDMI Arc port as well?
I don't believe the E6 can pass Dolby Atmos.
wxman is online now  
post #23283 of 23396 Old 05-06-2020, 05:56 PM
Member
 
jayb5635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I don't believe the E6 can pass Dolby Atmos.
Thanks for letting me know. Man, that’s disappointing though.
jayb5635 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23284 of 23396 Old 05-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
xsamx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 89
2016s cant pass through Atmos. You have to direct conect the source to the soundbar.

Lg W8 65" Wall paper oled tv. Sources Oppo 203. Panasonic UB9000. Apple 4K tv. Xbox one x.
Lg E6 65" 3D oled tv... Sorce Oppo 103D
Royole Moon 3D oled headset.
xsamx is offline  
post #23285 of 23396 Old 05-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Onwards 2020 4k bluray is releasing on May 19, 2020 whereas 3d bluray release date is July 16, 2020, one of the reason ppl dont watch 3D anymore.
Kalpesh is offline  
post #23286 of 23396 Old 05-07-2020, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
Onwards 2020 4k bluray is releasing on May 19, 2020 whereas 3d bluray release date is July 16, 2020, one of the reason ppl dont watch 3D anymore.
My Onward 3D order releases Monday June 1, 2020?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 7.23.00 AM.png
Views:	61
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	2722452

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Paul H is offline  
post #23287 of 23396 Old 05-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul h View Post
my onward 3d order releases monday june 1, 2020?
Attachment 2722452
here is what i found regarding onward 3d.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (8).png
Views:	57
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	2722594  
Paul H likes this.
Kalpesh is offline  
post #23288 of 23396 Old 05-07-2020, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
here is what i found regarding onward 3d.
Interesting.

Amazon UK and Amazon Germany are each listing a different release date for their own country Onward 3D releases.

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Paul H is offline  
post #23289 of 23396 Old 05-09-2020, 04:07 AM
Senior Member
 
xsamx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Got to se the last Starwars in 3D on my Sold Lg E6 a few evnings ago.

Enjoyed it was deep good 3D Not much pop out but did not exspect that that more on children 3D movies.
Was prob my last 3D exsperience for a good while keeping my movies if 3D at one point comes across my path but im not going to go after a New used 3D oled ...

Had my retro 2016 look back,seen whats was good n whats was not so good again back then.

Lg W8 65" Wall paper oled tv. Sources Oppo 203. Panasonic UB9000. Apple 4K tv. Xbox one x.
Lg E6 65" 3D oled tv... Sorce Oppo 103D
Royole Moon 3D oled headset.
xsamx is offline  
post #23290 of 23396 Old 05-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,721
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2561 Post(s)
Liked: 5021
Guys, let's move the non-6-series discussions either to those threads or, better still, PM. It's off-topic, here.

Posts deleted.

Questions or comments? PM me. Don't post them here.
DougDingle, dianebrat and edmoney like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.

Last edited by DrDon; 05-10-2020 at 09:06 AM.
DrDon is online now  
post #23291 of 23396 Old 05-12-2020, 07:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey everyone, I’m losing my mind and I hope you can help me out. My E6’s YouTube app sometimes does not output sound. All other apps on the TV work normally, like Netflix and Disney Plus. The only way to fix YouTube when the sound isn’t working it to load up another app, like Netflix, briefly play some content that has sound, and then return to YouTube. Now the sound on YouTube will work.

As far as permanent fixes, deleting and reinstalling YouTube makes no difference. Factory resting my E6 helps for a while, sometimes a few days and sometimes a few months, but the problem always comes back.

I am outputting sound via optical out to a Onkyo HT-R393 receiver.
Matt Seager is offline  
post #23292 of 23396 Old 05-12-2020, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,853
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5805 Post(s)
Liked: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Seager View Post
Hey everyone, I’m losing my mind and I hope you can help me out. My E6’s YouTube app sometimes does not output sound. All other apps on the TV work normally, like Netflix and Disney Plus. The only way to fix YouTube when the sound isn’t working it to load up another app, like Netflix, briefly play some content that has sound, and then return to YouTube. Now the sound on YouTube will work.

As far as permanent fixes, deleting and reinstalling YouTube makes no difference. Factory resting my E6 helps for a while, sometimes a few days and sometimes a few months, but the problem always comes back.

I am outputting sound via optical out to a Onkyo HT-R393 receiver.
Do you have quick start enabled on your tv? To check, go into settings, general. If it is on, turn it off. Next turn off tv. Unplug tv. Depress and hold power button on tv (not remote) for 25 to 30 seconds. You will hear several clicks. You are basically doing a cold reboot of the tv and clearing the RAM. Plug tv back in, and power it up. That should solve your problem. Quick start on may cause apps to hang which over time will cause issues. The cold reboot process is something to do a few times a year, or when you have issues.
wxman is online now  
post #23293 of 23396 Old 05-15-2020, 07:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
That’s seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot, wxman!
Matt Seager is offline  
post #23294 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 04:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Here Samsung mocking at LG. Started thinking about buying a new QLED over OLED.

Kalpesh is offline  
post #23295 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,588
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
Too bad QLED is garbage, at least to me.

It can't do OLED blacks, and that's the most important thing for me since I watch TV in a darkened room; you'll notice Samsung isn't making a big deal over that.

(Blacks meaning no local dimming; end titles must be white on black with no greys as the white letters scroll up the screen; that's what's important to me.)

I don't care about brightness; on my 65EF9500 HDR is almost too bright to watch.

Last edited by kucharsk; 05-25-2020 at 05:11 AM.
kucharsk is offline  
post #23296 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 06:08 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 35,402
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5925 Post(s)
Liked: 8487
^ But but QLED comes with that extra little tail on the Q!

The Power of Marketing Compels You
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #23297 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,853
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5805 Post(s)
Liked: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ But but QLED comes with that extra little tail on the Q!

The Power of Marketing Compels You
--Bob
The Q reminds me of an O making a doodie.
wxman is online now  
post #23298 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,541
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 1583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ But but QLED comes with that extra little tail on the Q!

The Power of Marketing Compels You
--Bob

It is Markting itself that Compels you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
The Q reminds me of an O making a doodie.

Right? Like a little too much cabbage and beans for lunch.
wxman likes this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #23299 of 23396 Old 05-25-2020, 11:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
Too bad QLED is garbage, at least to me.

It can't do OLED blacks, and that's the most important thing for me since I watch TV in a darkened room; you'll notice Samsung isn't making a big deal over that.

(Blacks meaning no local dimming; end titles must be white on black with no greys as the white letters scroll up the screen; that's what's important to me.)

I don't care about brightness; on my 65EF9500 HDR is almost too bright to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ But but QLED comes with that extra little tail on the Q!

The Power of Marketing Compels You
--Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
The Q reminds me of an O making a doodie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
It is Markting itself that Compels you!





Right? Like a little too much cabbage and beans for lunch.
We all do agree over a point that OLED can truly create best lack levels and images look pop due to infinite contrast ration but at the cost of poor shadow details.

1.QLED can produce better colors than OLED(As shown in the video better color volume).
2.No loss in shadow detail.
3.Much much brighter display compare to OLED(~1500-2100nits).
4.OLED panels degrade faster and nonuniformly/inconsistently unlike QLED.
5.No banding issues in QLED( Vertical bandings will be more visible over the time in OLED).
6.Most importantly "Zero risk of BURN-IN/Image Retention"(Most and the worst fact about OLED).
7.QLED panels have better motion(stutter/strobing free motion)

OLED tech is good if you plan to use it for 2-3 yrs but most of the middle class families cant afford to invest 3000-4000$ in a TV that will last for such a short time. QLED TVs can go longer without having such defects. probably that is why Samsung is producing "OD-OLED" displays that will it market within next 2 yrs.
Kalpesh is offline  
post #23300 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 01:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,853
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5805 Post(s)
Liked: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
We all do agree over a point that OLED can truly create best lack levels and images look pop due to infinite contrast ration but at the cost of poor shadow details.

1.QLED can produce better colors than OLED(As shown in the video better color volume).
2.No loss in shadow detail.
3.Much much brighter display compare to OLED(~1500-2100nits).
4.OLED panels degrade faster and nonuniformly/inconsistently unlike QLED.
5.No banding issues in QLED( Vertical bandings will be more visible over the time in OLED).
6.Most importantly "Zero risk of BURN-IN/Image Retention"(Most and the worst fact about OLED).
7.QLED panels have better motion(stutter/strobing free motion)

OLED tech is good if you plan to use it for 2-3 yrs but most of the middle class families cant afford to invest 3000-4000$ in a TV that will last for such a short time. QLED TVs can go longer without having such defects. probably that is why Samsung is producing "OD-OLED" displays that will it market within next 2 yrs.
The newer OLEDs do not have poor shadow detail. Any OLED built after 2017, pretty much doesn't have that problem. There is banding issues on QLED, it's called the DSE and is a common problem with VA panels. Sony OLED's and the 2020 LG OLEDs have very good motion, and is not really and issue anymore. Burn in is pretty much a non issue with the newer OLEDS. OLED will last more than 2 to 3 years. I have a 5 year old 65EF9500, and a 4 year old 65E6. Still going strong.
wxman is online now  
post #23301 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,588
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ But but QLED comes with that extra little tail on the Q!
The tail is light leakage from drawing the "O."
DougDingle and wxman like this.
kucharsk is offline  
post #23302 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 04:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
We all do agree over a point that OLED can truly create best lack levels and images look pop due to infinite contrast ration but at the cost of poor shadow details.

1.QLED can produce better colors than OLED(As shown in the video better color volume).
2.No loss in shadow detail.
3.Much much brighter display compare to OLED(~1500-2100nits).
4.OLED panels degrade faster and nonuniformly/inconsistently unlike QLED.
5.No banding issues in QLED( Vertical bandings will be more visible over the time in OLED).
6.Most importantly "Zero risk of BURN-IN/Image Retention"(Most and the worst fact about OLED).
7.QLED panels have better motion(stutter/strobing free motion)

OLED tech is good if you plan to use it for 2-3 yrs but most of the middle class families cant afford to invest 3000-4000$ in a TV that will last for such a short time. QLED TVs can go longer without having such defects. probably that is why Samsung is producing "OD-OLED" displays that will it market within next 2 yrs.

Kind of agree every time I go to my sisters or parents house (they have Samsung) I’m amazed by the picture
Especially motion with bfi.
I’ve been thinking of getting a qled just to try it .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kalpesh likes this.
Manoj Mohan is offline  
post #23303 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,588
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
OLED tech is good if you plan to use it for 2-3 yrs but most of the middle class families cant afford to invest 3000-4000$ in a TV that will last for such a short time. QLED TVs can go longer without having such defects. probably that is why Samsung is producing "OD-OLED" displays that will it market within next 2 yrs.
Such lies about OLED.

"Such a short time?" Mine is four years old with almost 8000 hours on it and still looks perfect.

These rumors about OLED's short lifespan have to go away, but even if it died at five years it beats having to live with poor blacks for more than a minute.
kucharsk is offline  
post #23304 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
Such lies about OLED.

"Such a short time?" Mine is four years old with almost 8000 hours on it and still looks perfect.

These rumors about OLED's short lifespan have to go away, but even if it died at five years it beats having to live with poor blacks for more than a minute.
No offense...
No lies at all...
Even I do love OLED tech but few drawbacks are attention worthy.
Might be newer OLEDS deal with burn-in better than 2016/17 but eventually if you do not take care and do not vary content time to time, will end up getting imperfection on screen....there are some cases of 2018 oleds getting burn-in.
Kalpesh is offline  
post #23305 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
No offense...
No lies at all...
Even I do love OLED tech but few drawbacks are attention worthy.
Might be newer OLEDS deal with burn-in better than 2016/17 but eventually if you do not take care and do not vary content time to time, will end up getting imperfection on screen....there are some cases of 2018 oleds getting burn-in.
Sometimes I wonder which marketing "hype" was a bunch of crap. Qled, trying to be like Oled. Or OLED trying to get away with "plasma like quality". Im going to back to CRT man.
Manoj Mohan is offline  
post #23306 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Mohan View Post
Sometimes I wonder which marketing "hype" was a bunch of crap. Qled, trying to be like Oled. Or OLED trying to get away with "plasma like quality". Im going to back to CRT man.
Couldn't agree more! Plasms were the best. I have never had the stutter problem with my 29 inch LG CRT.
Kalpesh is offline  
post #23307 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,853
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5805 Post(s)
Liked: 4159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
No offense...
No lies at all...
Even I do love OLED tech but few drawbacks are attention worthy.
Might be newer OLEDS deal with burn-in better than 2016/17 but eventually if you do not take care and do not vary content time to time, will end up getting imperfection on screen....there are some cases of 2018 oleds getting burn-in.
I don't baby my OLED's. No BI on my 5 year old 9500 or on my 4 year old E6.
dianebrat likes this.
wxman is online now  
post #23308 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,541
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 1583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpesh View Post
We all do agree over a point that OLED can truly create best lack levels and images look pop due to infinite contrast ration but at the cost of poor shadow details.

1.QLED can produce better colors than OLED(As shown in the video better color volume).
2.No loss in shadow detail.
3.Much much brighter display compare to OLED(~1500-2100nits).
4.OLED panels degrade faster and nonuniformly/inconsistently unlike QLED.
5.No banding issues in QLED( Vertical bandings will be more visible over the time in OLED).
6.Most importantly "Zero risk of BURN-IN/Image Retention"(Most and the worst fact about OLED).
7.QLED panels have better motion(stutter/strobing free motion)

OLED tech is good if you plan to use it for 2-3 yrs but most of the middle class families cant afford to invest 3000-4000$ in a TV that will last for such a short time. QLED TVs can go longer without having such defects. probably that is why Samsung is producing "OD-OLED" displays that will it market within next 2 yrs.
Although shadow detail on my E6 isnt world class I was able to tease out better performance using some settings adjustments. All other PQ characteristics are just fabulous though. The brightness advantage the LCDs have isnt as big of a seller for home theater enthusiasts as you'd think. Eye-scorchng brightness is great for demos but usually not very useful in real world use cases, IMO.

My set has no banding but I understand that some do.

Although around here its made out that burn-in happens to like everyone, real-world data says its still very rare and tends to affect those that use the TVs in ways that a theater/video hobbyist would likely avoid like heavy gaming, news channels for 6 hours a day, torch mode settings, etc, etc.

Motion handling is subjective but I do prefer the way my KURO handled motion. Still, my set is OK with me.

Colors? What are we up to these days? Eleventy billion trillion Seven hundred and eighty million? Im calling "whatever" on that one.

Oh and lets not forget that LCDs still have many of the same issues that caused us plasma guys to gravitate to OLED. Like blooming, still NOT as good blacks, viewing angle problems, overall contrast is still lower than OLED, etc, etc. Now, Ill admit that the absolute top model LCDs like the Sammy Q90R, Maybe the Z9's from Sony and possibly a few others are very good performers. Ive even considered them as possible upgrades from my 65" E6 someday since I can get them in 82" or 85". But, I fear the issues I mentioned which have not been eradicated completely. The reviews still call this stuff out. And to get decent viewing angles they have to lay something over the screen that on the Sony at least is a contrast killer. It always requires digital witchcraft to get LCDs to be good dark room performers(and they still dont quite cut it) and us movie-watchers cant have that. Thats my 3 cents on the whole thing. Oh yeah - my set has reference quality 3D too.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #23309 of 23396 Old 05-26-2020, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,588
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I don't baby my OLED's. No BI on my 5 year old 9500 or on my 4 year old E6.
While not retina-searing white, I would think the Hallmark Channel logo would be burned into my EF9500 by now were it going to as easily 75% of my viewing is of Hallmark Channel, but I'm still good.

That doesn't mean it can't happen, of course, just that if you take normal precautions (I had a plasma too) there really shouldn't be issues.

If you do a lot of gaming or viewing of content with pure white logos, perhaps LCD/QLED is the better choice for you, and it is also better if you do your viewing mostly in brightly lit rooms.

But any time I've gone to any dealer and had them shut off the lights while viewing any LCD set, I knew I could never live with the flashlighting, blooming and grey areas around white titles scrolling up a black screen.
kucharsk is offline  
post #23310 of 23396 Old 05-27-2020, 01:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
While not retina-searing white, I would think the Hallmark Channel logo would be burned into my EF9500 by now were it going to as easily 75% of my viewing is of Hallmark Channel, but I'm still good.

That doesn't mean it can't happen, of course, just that if you take normal precautions (I had a plasma too) there really shouldn't be issues.

If you do a lot of gaming or viewing of content with pure white logos, perhaps LCD/QLED is the better choice for you, and it is also better if you do your viewing mostly in brightly lit rooms.

But any time I've gone to any dealer and had them shut off the lights while viewing any LCD set, I knew I could never live with the flashlighting, blooming and grey areas around white titles scrolling up a black screen.
We all do love OLED tech and that is why we the owner of E6 but....
Eventually HDR/DOLBY VISION will kill your OLED is the biggest flaw, that wont be an issue with QLED.
If you set brightness/oled lights high, panel will degrade faster increasing risk of burn-in. No 2018/2019/2020 panels are exception to this but with QLED we need not worry even about the peak brightness.

Last edited by Kalpesh; 05-27-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Kalpesh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
65e6p , 65G6P , dolby vision , OLED55C6P , OLED65E6P , vesa mount. shelving

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off