AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   OLED Technology and Flat Panels General (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/)
-   -   2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2367625-2016-lg-oled-65g6p-65e6p-owners-thread.html)

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 05:20 PM

2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread
 
Folks...
Here it is - my OLED65G6P - Took a few hours to bring it in and semi mount it (Hope LG had better instructions)...
I owned a EF9500 for some time and the sound of thisTV is definitely better...
Posting some pictures here.... and sorry I cannot answer many questions and will do my best as I will not be playing with it until the weekend.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/v...9/DSC06044.jpg

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 05:23 PM

More Pics
 

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 05:25 PM

And More...
 

Gillietalls 03-15-2016 05:31 PM

Smurfs intro looks ridiculous. Thanks for sharing...

Jh1123 03-15-2016 05:32 PM

Do you have the Samsung UHD player? The only thing I'm interested in is how different HDR looks on this one.

L0giX 03-15-2016 05:35 PM

Congrats

All I want to know is how uniform that sucker is :)
100% white and near black slides :)

thadoggfather 03-15-2016 05:43 PM

I like the webOS thing, is that what shows everytime you boot up the tv or just initial set up?

glad they kept the bird loading thing, its charming :)

video_analysis 03-15-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadoggfather (Post 42419009)
I like the webOS thing, is that what shows everytime you boot up the tv or just initial set up?

glad they kept the bird loading thing, its charming :)

If it's like the EF9500, you only see it once (on initial setup or after a factory reset).

10k 03-15-2016 05:57 PM

The sound bar is less ugly than I thought it would be. Very nice, thanks for sharing the pics

Yappadappadu 03-15-2016 06:00 PM

Congrats for being the first 2016 OLED owner here. :)
Thanks for the pics.
602, so a February set.
And yeah, would be great if you could check out some of the AVS disc slides, namely 100% full white and 2-3% near black. Only if you want to of course.

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 06:09 PM

WEB OS comes on only first time.
I don't have a Samsung player - Surfs in HDR Amazon Streaming looks very good..
The sound bar is awkward 0 the install of my E9500 was way cleaner.
Noticed that the smart remote is now able to operate my TIVO Roamio (E 9500 was glitchy).
I cant wait to watch the first Dolby Vision Movie from VUDU - Not sure which will be best - this is a DV capable TV and I am sold on the DV ATMOS .... although I don't have ATMOS in this setup.

jnelson2000 03-15-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yappadappadu (Post 42419377)
Congrats for being the first 2016 OLED owner here. :)

Thanks for the pics.

602, so a February set.

And yeah, would be great if you could check out some of the AVS disc slides, namely 100% full white and 2-3% near black. Only if you want to of course.


I would second that. There are some on this board that have preordered from VE so slides of 100% white, 5%, 4%. 3% near black in pitch back lighting would help our purchasing decision before these ship. ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thadoggfather 03-15-2016 06:36 PM

i can't believe its finally in the wild :D

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 06:38 PM

I am bummed - I get into the kudu site but the best quality it is offering us HDX - no UDH/4k/DV...
Not sure what is going on here as when I go through my browser (using my mac) I see the UHD logo on quite a few movies...

thadoggfather 03-15-2016 06:41 PM

Can you post a white backdrop pic?

most curious about tint/uniformity,

dont really care about vignetting, etc. as long as it isn't crazy. hasn't been an issue on my 9300

one open box 9100 i had had ugly tint that caused me to return it

Mclingo McKeown 03-15-2016 06:41 PM

all we really need to know is... has the near black issue the 9500 has been fixed on this model?, everything else is just gravy :)

go, drop a 2-5 % near black slide on it and lets have a look at the banding... if there is any :)

video_analysis 03-15-2016 06:49 PM

I think we need a poll as to what everybody wants checked. ;) I'm betting uniformity near black is near the top followed by white uniformity.

alexanderg823 03-15-2016 06:49 PM

60 Attachment(s)
5% slide is meaningless. Only 1 and 2% will prove if vignetting and uniformity has been definitively resolved.

video_analysis 03-15-2016 06:52 PM

It's not meaningless...

wxman 03-15-2016 06:54 PM

Please, let the OP enjoy the new tv smell for a day or two! :D

Ash Sharma 03-15-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wxman (Post 42420553)
Please, let the OP enjoy the new tv smell for a day or two! :D

Thank you... and not to get anyone's hope up I am a total layman on IRE patterns and so forth - we will have to wait for a smarter owner to show up to do the experimenting...

Sorry for the let down...

Brookklyn 03-15-2016 07:03 PM

how about the soundbar? can its sound quality replace a stand alone 2.1ch retail soundbar?

10k 03-15-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash Sharma (Post 42420737)
Thank you... and not to get anyone's hope up I am a total layman on IRE patterns and so forth - we will have to wait for a smarter owner to show up to do the experimenting...

Sorry for the let down...

In the youtube app you can search for "white screen" and there is a video called something like "10 hours of incredible white screen". Would be great to get a pic of that if you dont mind.

10k 03-15-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookklyn (Post 42420753)
how about the soundbar? can its sound quality replace a stand alone 2.1ch retail soundbar?

Yes it should do a great job at sounding like garbage.

Mclingo McKeown 03-15-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderg823 (Post 42420473)
5% slide is meaningless. Only 1 and 2% will prove if vignetting and uniformity has been definitively resolved.

it can depend on how your TV is setup, most vignetting occurs at 2-5 % before dropping off steeply. If your TV is setup to crush blacks to deal with the near black issue you may find vignetting moves to 5%.

Yappadappadu 03-15-2016 07:21 PM

Does this set have an hours counter in the general info menu?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10k (Post 42420833)
In the youtube app you can search for "white screen" and there is a video called something like "10 hours of incredible white screen". Would be great to get a pic of that if you dont mind.

A must watch for every new OLED TV owner. :D

Mclingo McKeown 03-15-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash Sharma (Post 42420257)
I am bummed - I get into the kudu site but the best quality it is offering us HDX - no UDH/4k/DV...
Not sure what is going on here as when I go through my browser (using my mac) I see the UHD logo on quite a few movies...

its easy mate, the test slides are just MP4 videos, you just play them and take a photo while paused. If you get chance i put a micro pack together. Copy them to mem stick, pop it in a USB port and Take a photo using the 100% white slide, the 2% black and 3% black. Ignore the rest.

No pressure, if you dont want to faff about thats ok, we'll wait for someone else to chime in.


https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...EST%20PACK.rar

dkwong 03-15-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by video_analysis (Post 42419041)
If it's like the EF9500, you only see it once (on initial setup or after a factory reset).


Or after a firmware update.

dan92075 03-15-2016 07:29 PM

That soundbar looks black in your picture - - previously I have only seen the soundbar look ridged and metallic-brite in all online pictures

Is there perhaps a black grill that goes in front of the soundbar that was included?

If so, I might reconsider getting the model with the soundbar. . .

venus933 03-15-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash Sharma (Post 42420257)
I am bummed - I get into the kudu site but the best quality it is offering us HDX - no UDH/4k/DV...
Not sure what is going on here as when I go through my browser (using my mac) I see the UHD logo on quite a few movies...

I think UHD/DV HDR VUDU is only available on the Roku 4 and Vizio televisions for now but eventually it'll be able on your G6.

For everyone else, isn't it best to log some hours before checking for vignetting?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.