Question about 1080p sources on a 2160p resolution. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 03-24-2016, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Question about 1080p sources on a 2160p resolution.

Hey guys, was wondering if you could clear something up for me...

I want to buy the latest LG 4k OLED but one thing that concerns me is that I have a LOT of 1080p material, between video games and Blu-ray. Even with the best upconverting, you're still trying to stretch a 1920x1080 source across a 3840x2160 space; 4x the pixels; thus playing my ps4 games or Blu-rays on a 4k TV wouldn't look as good, correct? I'd love to get this TV but I wanna make sure my 1080p stuff still looks quite nice too

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 03-24-2016, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcoursey82 View Post

I want to buy the latest LG 4k OLED but one thing that concerns me is that I have a LOT of 1080p material, between video games and Blu-ray. Even with the best upconverting, you're still trying to stretch a 1920x1080 source across a 3840x2160 space; 4x the pixels; thus playing my ps4 games or Blu-rays on a 4k TV wouldn't look as good, correct? I'd love to get this TV but I wanna make sure my 1080p stuff still looks quite nice too

Thanks for any help!
It's really going to come down to the scaling method that each TV employs. You can check out reviews of this type of thing on sites like rtings.com.

Look at it this theoretically, comparing a 55" 1080p TV to a 55" 4K TV using nearest-neighbor scaling (simple 4:1 scaling on the same size panel). You are literally quadrupling the pixel density. Each individual pixel is now represented by four within the same area with the same exact color. At worst, it should look identical to the native 1080p image.

It's when you start trying to do "fancier" scaling with more algorithms that the image quality could subjectively be better or worse. Likewise, if you jump from a 42" display to an 80", you're also going to just see the larger pixel groupings, so it's good to keep these things in mind.

IMO, the scaling of 1080p content on 4K OLEDs is excellent, but I haven't seen every display out there.

Word of advice - bring a Blu-ray player or laptop to Best Buy with you and check out your own 1080p content on the TV you want. They'll generally let you do whatever you want if there's a chance you'll drop 5 grand on a TV.
Magnesus and NintendoManiac64 like this.
post #3 of 33 Old 03-24-2016, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Started another Notepad/URL folder recently, filing lots of tech pdf papers or abstract summaries into it. Most free material is from www.scholar.google.com, where you can limit the years covered by a search. Free pdfs (or other formats) are linked in a right-hand column. Click "more like this" at the end of some hits for similar papers. Exceptionally detailed, often academic material, and unfortunalley seldom are specific models or set makers mentioned.

Can't summarize 100s of very complex pages, other than several comments that observers of upscaled material frequently say images with motion often seem preferable for complex example-based (scaling algorithms), no doubt because of motion blurring, while more static images look better when simpler algorithms are used. First-page abstracts and end conclusions are often 'skimable', like this long thesis:
https://hal-univ-rennes1.archives-ou...64396/document

Sometimes abstracts like this one
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login...mber%3D6978034
can be used to track down other no-charge sources of papers other than costly engineering societies.

This Sharp Labs abstract notes the paper is free online:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile...b9b642dc9.pdf-

Here's a generalized consumer-type article on the OP query:
http://www.cnet.com/news/can-4k-tvs-...p-look-better/

Comparing upscaling algorithms from HD to Ultra HD by evaluating preference of experience
https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal...ameraready.pdf

A search on these forums should turn up a link to an article (past few years) about the "cheesecloth effect" by a 4k producer, describing what reduced-PQ original images may look like after upscaling to 4k. I've cited the article a few times, although someone recently disputed some tech details in parts of the article. -- John

EDIT: avser ray0414, cited in this llink:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-bl...l#post41724121
references his scaling experience with several 4k brands.
sickkent likes this.

Last edited by John Mason; 03-25-2016 at 05:51 AM. Reason: typo; added link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

Thanks for any help!
Since it's an exact multiple of the original resolution, there won't be any loss of detail compared to a 1080p screen, and artifacts should be minimal. The dumbest scaling method, lighting exactly 4 pixels for every one of the original, can produce a picture nearly identical to a 1080p screen. The smarter methods that TVs actually use squeeze out a little bit more apparent detail, so in many cases it should actually look sharper than 1080p. It won't look as good as native 4K content, of course, but it should - as the previously linked studies show - look at least as good as 1080p, though you may have a personal preference for an upscaling algorithm.

Last edited by trisk; 04-07-2016 at 09:44 AM.
post #5 of 33 Old 04-07-2016, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Well my old DVDs (480i) look really good on my 1080p Pioneer 60 inch Kuro. I can't see a problem upconverting 1080P to 4k on a newer display.
post #6 of 33 Old 04-08-2016, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Thanks for any help!
i have oled
and oled WRGB have a big problem to UPSCALE .
all of video shot in RGB UPSCALE to WRGB it's problem !
Internet via computer looks awful

4K showed good
post #7 of 33 Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by popyang45 View Post
i have oled

4K showed good
This is almost certainly not a problem of upscaling but your HDMI connection. I bet you connect via 4:2:2 (or similar chroma subsampling) not 4:4:4, so your sharpness is low. Try playing with your settings. WRGB vs RGB doesn't matter to upscaling.
post #8 of 33 Old 04-08-2016, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
IMO the biggest advantage of 4k is that it can up-convert better than 1080p -- more pixels, make it easier to to extrapolate.

Quote:
For one, it is particularly important to have as many pixels as possible when digitally rescaling images from their native resolution to the display that they are being viewed on.
Source, DisplayMate.

The reality is that 99% of video that is watched on a TV at homes in America is not displayed at its native resolution. Even a 1080p Blu-ray played on a 1080p TV is scaled, unless the videophile watching knows to switch the TV to 1:1 pixel mapping (like "just scan", "dot by dot" or whatever your TV manufacture calls it). Then include all the 1080i, 720p etc, and what you get is a TVs ability to scale an image being one it's most important attributes.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
post #9 of 33 Old 04-08-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
This is almost certainly not a problem of upscaling but your HDMI connection. I bet you connect via 4:2:2 (or similar chroma subsampling) not 4:4:4, so your sharpness is low. Try playing with your settings. WRGB vs RGB doesn't matter to upscaling.
Sorry you wrong
I'm trying to 4: 2: 0/4: 4: 4/4: 2: 2

10bit or 12bit
a great picture of 4: 4: 4, brilliant colors (
attach photos ( pv )

WRGB vs RGB matter to upscaling !
anyone having OLED Know UPSCALE can be not good in OLED !

timing attaching a picture where no timing WRGB ( pv11)

i try 8bit /10bit / 12bit no change
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pv.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1367522   Click image for larger version

Name:	pv11.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	1367538   Click image for larger version

Name:	pv 22.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1367546  
post #10 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 AM

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Is English your native language? Set RGB 4:4:4 and check your TV settings too. 8/10/12 doesn't matter for sharpness. Also make sure your HDMI cable is OK.

Last edited by Magnesus; 04-09-2016 at 01:14 AM.
post #11 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Is English your native language? Set RGB 4:4:4 and check your TV settings too. 8/10/12 doesn't matter for sharpness. Also make sure your HDMI cable is OK.
Irrelevant if English is my native language
oppo 103 d not work with RGB 4:4:4 ONLY YCBCR 4:4:4 / 4:2:0
I tried directly to the TV with HDMI ( no difference because of WRGB )

8/10/12 BIT matter for sharpness! if you have samsung tv led with RGB color ( not WRGB )

again you have a very big misunderstanding that you do not understand the difference between
WRGB to RGB

all graphics cards Blu-ray devices working with RGB ! not WRGB !
all movies work with RGB ! not WRGB !
the conversion makes OLED screen to WRGB !

therefore UPSCALE worse
post #12 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
all graphics cards Blu-ray devices working with RGB ! not WRGB !
all movies work with RGB ! not WRGB !
the conversion makes OLED screen to WRGB !
OMF, I have a Deja Vu! Has your original account been banned?
Yappadappadu and Magnesus like this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #13 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
OMF, I have a Deja Vu! Has your original account been banned?
why my account deleted?
i not promoter like you !
i do not have to" lie"

what's so scary you ?
the truth ?

is this the new way of Publicists of LG ?
post #14 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
i have oled

4K showed good
Wait wait wait wait, there's several variables here that you haven't established...

1. When your desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080, what device is doing the upscaling - your TV, or your GPU?

2. What is Windows' DPI scaling set to for 1920x1080 and 3840x2160?

3. Does text on web pages (like this very forum post) look fine or not?

If you do not know the answer to any of the above 3 questions, then please specifically say "I don't know" and I can step you through finding out.

BTW, I just want to say that your issue may very well be much more computer-related than TV related. If we determine that to be the case, then it would probably be much more wise to ask in the HTPC section (direct link for your convenience).

The key is that traditional AV enthusiasts and the "computer geek" crowd do not actually overlap all that much, hence my recommendation of the HTPC forum section; it'd be like trying to ask a Ford pickup auto-mechanic what is wrong with your Tesla Model S - there is some general overlap, but anything deeper than the basics are going to be quite different.
gus738 and sickkent like this.

Last edited by NintendoManiac64; 04-09-2016 at 01:26 PM.
post #15 of 33 Old 04-09-2016, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
The WRGB pixel structure is not an "upscaling" issue, however it can look bad with certain content. (e.g. PC use or gaming at native resolution)
The good thing is that it's a four subpixels-per-pixel design, and not a "pentile" two subpixels-per-pixel design, but I'd rather have a display that was standard RGB.

popyang45's issues sound like something else is the problem from what I can make out.
post #16 of 33 Old 04-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I've been curious about op as well actually,

If I get a 65", 4k is/will be a necessity anyways and that's the next minimum size Id' move up from my 9300 55" but I wonder if given I use blu rays and xbox one/xbox one as BDplayer, if the 9500/9600 really is better for 1080p content or even noticeable from my viewing distance

It's going to be a while before I get another tv anyways,
post #17 of 33 Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Hopefully Oppo is working on upscaling for its 4K release later this year.I have a bigger issue since i have a huge collection of SD concerts I do not want to discard and that upscale is going to be a tough one.

Matt
post #18 of 33 Old 04-11-2016, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Hopefully Oppo is working on upscaling for its 4K release later this year.I have a bigger issue since i have a huge collection of SD concerts I do not want to discard and that upscale is going to be a tough one.
The more resolution you have, the better scaling should look. As your display resolution gets higher, errors from scaling will be much smaller.
What makes upscaling look good/bad is the scaling algorithm used more than anything else.
Good scaling will always benefit from more resolution.
mattg3, Magnesus and bdraw like this.
post #19 of 33 Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoManiac64 View Post
Wait wait wait wait, there's several variables here that you haven't established...

1. When your desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080, what device is doing the upscaling - your TV, or your GPU?

2. What is Windows' DPI scaling set to for 1920x1080 and 3840x2160?

3. Does text on web pages (like this very forum post) look fine or not?

If you do not know the answer to any of the above 3 questions, then please specifically say "I don't know" and I can step you through finding out.

BTW, I just want to say that your issue may very well be much more computer-related than TV related. If we determine that to be the case, then it would probably be much more wise to ask in the HTPC section (direct link for your convenience).

The key is that traditional AV enthusiasts and the "computer geek" crowd do not actually overlap all that much, hence my recommendation of the HTPC forum section; it'd be like trying to ask a Ford pickup auto-mechanic what is wrong with your Tesla Model S - there is some general overlap, but anything deeper than the basics are going to be quite different.

1. i try with the GPU R380 AMD( Works great with Samsung TV
not possible to distinguish between 720P to 1080P IN SAMSUNG TV )

with GPU in computer there is no automatic resolution, you need to indicate a resolution 1080P or virtual super resolution

in Computer you can adjust oled to 70 HZ ( explain how in the pictures ) Image goes very smoothly and sharper than 60HZ

2. Windows' DPI scaling 150dpi and 200dpi
with pdvd 200dpi look good in samsung tv in oled does not help anything

3. text on web pages ( looks bad, leaky letters )

4. i work only with high quality cables Wireworld / Chord Company ....

5. it turned out OPPO device 103D makes delayed in tv ( and i put receiver the picture even worse )
so now I'm working with one cable from Computer to tv 3 feet
Good image quality (features not liquids) only if i see tv in 1080p

UPSCALE image +processor in LG is not the best ( not like samsung )

i work with USB seeing movies on TV
best way to see a movie on oled
but still not good UPSCALE
but I can not hear the HD-DTS (usb )
Super-resolution in OLED does not work well

the best way to see TV oled is with Internet cable - iptv
Contras amazing
( Processor of the screen via HDMI is not good WRGB )

LG are familiar with the problems !!!
only if AMD build special video card to oled WRGB it be solution to OLED
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LG1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	1371730   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	1371738  
post #20 of 33 Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. i try with the GPU R380 AMD( Works great with Samsung TV
not possible to distinguish between 720P to 1080P IN SAMSUNG TV )

with GPU in computer there is no automatic resolution, you need to indicate a resolution 1080P or virtual super resolution

in Computer you can adjust oled to 70 HZ ( explain how in the pictures ) Image goes very smoothly and sharper than 60HZ

...Ok, that nice and all, but you didn't actually answer my question. Allow me to re-phrase it - do you have "Enable GPU scaling" enabled or not?

For reference, I'm asking about the setting shown at exactly 1 minute into this video:
post #21 of 33 Old 04-13-2016, 03:06 AM

Quote:
...Ok, that nice and all, but you didn't actually answer my question. Allow me to re-phrase it - do you have "Enable GPU scaling" enabled or not?

For reference, I'm asking about the setting shown at exactly 1 minute into this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8zND3tS7Hg
dear NintendoManiac64

i know all the options, most of them do not work well on OLED
you're still not listening to me card video work with RGB not WRGB
all work good with samsung tv RGB not OLED WRGB !!!

i have "Enable GPU scaling" does nothing in OLED WRGB !!!
( all the options you attached in video for beginners
there are many more options for driver )

I know all the video options and more
you do not read what I write !

OLED IT'S WRGB COLOR VIDEO CARD WORK ON RGB COLOR

AMD Producer tells me that there is no perfect match
between RGB and WRGB !!!!!!
So all problems
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FFF.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1376234  
post #22 of 33 Old 04-13-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
you're still not listening to me card video work with RGB not WRGB
That's because video cards to not even know the difference between pixel arrangements (they only know about color spaces), otherwise the pentile (RGBG) Oculus Rift DK2 would not even work.

The key here is "not work", implying completely non-functional - this is very different from "not working well, which implies that it it functional but with a sub-par experience.

Quote:
i have "Enable GPU scaling" does nothing in OLED WRGB !!!
Of course it doesn't help, because on most higher-end TVs you should have that setting disabled. Please disable that setting.

Quote:
AMD Producer tells me that there is no perfect match
between RGB and WRGB !!!!!!
So all problems
Did the AMD person give specific details? Because they could have very well only been referring to ClearType.
Once you've disabled "Enable GPU scaling", the only thing that should still be blurry is on-screen text, which will not be crisp because that and only that is optimized for RGB or BGR (by comparison very very few videos use RGB - every single YouTube video for example is YUV with 4:2:0 chroma).

Speaking of 4:2:0 chroma, that's another thing that can also reduce crispness, and from my own experience unoptimized cleartype + GPU scaling + 4:2:0 = holy blurry text batman. Please make sure that your TV is displaying a 4:4:4 chroma video signal by setting your TV zoom mode to the according 1:1 pixel mapping mode (1080p should only take up 1/4 of the display in this case) and open the following image in plain old MS Paint:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...99#post1640299

If the resulting image on your TV looks something like the following, then everything is good:
http://www.abload.de/img/444-photo6krz2.jpg

If the resulting image on your TV looks something like the following:
http://www.abload.de/img/422-photo6dr38.jpg
...then that's bad and you should take a look at the following thread for help:
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/of...ampling-thread

With regards to ClearType, you can improve the clarity of text by running the ClearType Tuner and/or possibly turning off ClearType completely:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14800...-in-windows-7/

Last edited by NintendoManiac64; 04-13-2016 at 12:47 PM.
post #23 of 33 Old 04-13-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
That's because video cards to not even know the difference between pixel arrangements (they only know about color spaces), otherwise the pentile (RGBG) Oculus Rift DK2 would not even work.

The key here is "not work", implying completely non-functional - this is very different from "not working well, which implies that it it functional but with a sub-par experience.

Of course it doesn't help, because on most higher-end TVs you should have that setting disabled. Please disable that setting.

Did the AMD person give specific details? Because they could have very well only been referring to ClearType.
Once you've disabled "Enable GPU scaling", the only thing that should still be blurry is on-screen text, which will not be crisp because that and only that is optimized for RGB or BGR (by comparison very very few videos use RGB - every single YouTube video for example is YUV with 4:2:0 chroma).

Speaking of 4:2:0 chroma, that's another thing that can also reduce crispness, and from my own experience unoptimized cleartype + GPU scaling + 4:2:0 = holy blurry text batman. Please make sure that your TV is displaying a 4:4:4 chroma video signal by setting your TV zoom mode to the according 1:1 pixel mapping mode (1080p should only take up 1/4 of the display in this case) and open the following image in plain old MS Paint:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...99#post1640299

If the resulting image on your TV looks something like the following, then everything is good:
http://www.abload.de/img/444-photo6krz2.jpg

If the resulting image on your TV looks something like the following:
http://www.abload.de/img/422-photo6dr38.jpg
...then that's bad and you should take a look at the following thread for help:
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/of...ampling-thread

With regards to ClearType, you can improve the clarity of text by running the ClearType Tuner and/or possibly turning off ClearType completely:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14800...-in-windows-7/

i'm sorry for all the answers are not tied to reality !
i have no idea what you want from me

you bring sections that have no connection to problem

you're wrong all the time!
you brings smart articles thay not connected to reality or my problem

Please do not write to me !!!

Last edited by popyang45; 04-13-2016 at 01:31 PM.
post #24 of 33 Old 04-13-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i'm sorry for all the answers are not tied to reality !
i have no idea what you want from me

you bring sections that have no connection to problem

you're wrong all the time!
you brings smart articles thay not connected to reality or my problem

Please do not write to me !!!
The nature of troubleshooting involves trial and error. Murphy's Law also implies that what one expects and actual results are two very different things (and I know from experience that computer troubleshooting loves Murphy's Law).

If you are not willing to try different things, then do not ask for help because you're essentially implying that you know the answer to your problem and therefore do not actually need any help after all.

And if you are not looking for help, then it calls into question what it is you are looking to achieve...
gus738 and sickkent like this.
post #25 of 33 Old 04-14-2016, 04:39 AM

Murphy's Law nothing to do with your bad answers !
clear your misunderstanding !

please stop bothering me!
bother someone else

turn murphy's Law for explanation
post #26 of 33 Old 04-14-2016, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

For your sanity, I just want you to know that AVS has an "Ignore Member" function, and if/when anybody uses it, all of said member's posts will be hidden without that member having any idea that their posts are not even visible.

Anyway, the biggest reason why my suggestions have been seemingly off-topic from your issue is because what you claim would be the solution is something that would be nearly impossible for a consumer to do. What you want is for the GPU to output a RGBW video signal, correct? Well...

1. It would be incredibly difficult to change the GPU hardware to add such an ability

2. All graphics drivers (AMD, Intel, and Nvidia) on Windows are closed-source, so again it would be a total pain to add such functionality and would likely involve hex editors; the only other work-around for drivers in this case would be Linux since it has open-source graphics drivers, but you'd still have to muddle around with the source code.

3. I'm sorry, but AMD isn't going to implement such functionality because 1 person wants it. To makes matters worse, other LG RGBW OLED owners that use them as PC monitors (including several PC enthusiasts) do not have any issues. Even if an issue exists, only 1 person having said issue isn't enough for the hardware/software manufacturer to invest time to look into the issue (unless you bought a new Firepro GPU, because in that case a large part of the price is that you actually are buying dedicated 24/7 support from AMD).

In other words, outside of everything I've already suggested, there's not really anything else you can do outside of reinstalling drivers (perhaps via DDU) and/or the OS completely or using a different GPU manufacturer (Intel/Nvidia), but honestly I don't think that change anything.

So in reality you have three options here:

A. find someone that will do the heavy-lifting described in 1 and/or 2 above

B. do the heavy-lifting described in 1 and/or 2 yourself

C. figure out why other people have not had issues while you have

You are welcome to ignore my previous suggestions, but when your options are this limited you kind of need to take a shot in the dark and try a bunch of different things - maybe one of them will stick.

And remember, AMD is not obligated to help you - just because a GPU has an HDMI output does not mean it will work flawlessly with any and all TVs - there are cheap PC monitors nowadays that have HDMI as their only digital video input.

Last edited by NintendoManiac64; 04-14-2016 at 12:39 PM.
post #27 of 33 Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 PM

You are only feeding a troll. Who managed to copletely derail this topic which is shame because it was interesting.
sickkent likes this.
post #28 of 33 Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
a troll
I'm not going to make any conclusions until I see if/how s/he responds to my last previous post.

Also it's hard to call it "feeding a troll" when the emotion I'm feeling toward them is pity (think Mr. T), not anger nor frustration.
post #29 of 33 Old 04-15-2016, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
I'm not going to make any conclusions until I see if/how s/he responds to my last previous post.

Also it's hard to call it "feeding a troll" when the emotion I'm feeling toward them is pity (think Mr. T), not anger nor frustration.
All his posts in this forum that I have seen has been about talking **** about OLEDs and particularly LG and WRGB "problems" which, in case he is not a troll, he probably gets mixed up with RGBW that the low-end LG 4K TV's use, which is a completely different pixel structure (and definetly has issues) and we have a thread about it too at the LCD section. All with grammar that seems to get worse and worse with every post he makes (at this point I dont even understand a thing what he is talking about, honestly). The troll possibility is quite strong.
Magnesus and Turrican4D like this.
post #30 of 33 Old 04-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I have all my video upscaled to 4K, 10 bit color, 4:4:4 using my Marantz SR7010 so by the time my TV gets the signal, it says it's a UHD signal and it looks fine. I haven't bought my OLED set yet, but I would imagine it would accept the same signal.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

JVC RS4500K, Paladin DCR, Lumagen Radiance Pro, LG OLED W7, OLED E7, OLED C6, Sony A1E, Samsung QLED Q9F, QLED Q7F, Vizio P75c1, Marantz AV8805, Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3, Integra DRC-R1, Anthem MRX 720, Oppo 203, Sunfire TGA-7401, Outlaw 5000, Triad Silver 7.1.4 Atmos setup, SVS PB16 Ultra, PSA 3601,SVS PB-13 Ultra, 31 Sonance VP88R, 6x6 Control4 4K HDR AV matrix, Control4 8 Zone AMP, Control4 EA-5, Control4 EA-1, QNAP TVS-882 & TS-451+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page