2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 155 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264309Likes

post #4621 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Thanks, after my post I started reading the reviews and not one person liked this company
Looking into Joe's AV, I found similar stories. Their website even looks exactly the same as East Coast's. Cliff's and TVSupeStores as well have similar stories. Unfortunately, when you see those great prices, which I have been tempted by myself, it usually means that you're in for some BS.

Truth be told, I know someone personally that bought from East Coast TVs and received his TVs promptly and in working condition, but this was like 5 years ago. He said they never called or tried to add on charges, so this may be a semi new thing, but it's the current reality it seems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
I got my B6 home last night. I was so excited! .set everything up. Was all good to go. And then when I turned it on I noticed something wrong with the screen.

On the bottom right of the panel there is a spot coming out of the panel that is dark. The best way I can describe it is that it looks like someone took a lighter to the pixels. It's so small. But noticeable on any solid color background.

I am so bummed. I'm gonna obviously have to repackage everything, drive back and exchange it. Such a hassle. But other than that the TV seems pretty ballin. Although I did play some forza and it seemed like the gaming lag was noticeable. I'm gonna have to do some more tests tonight.
noticeable lag? I know this is a subjective thing but I'm curious are you coming from a monitor when you play games? Supposedly the lag on the b6 is 40-50 which shouldn't be bad really.
post #4623 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 32
New 65C6P was finally delivered today but I don't have anyone else here to help me unbox it until late tonight! Can't tell u how much of a bummer it is to see it there in the corner mocking me. Lol. Ugh, the anticipation is killing.
TimWelborn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4624 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualsound View Post
noticeable lag? I know this is a subjective thing but I'm curious are you coming from a monitor when you play games? Supposedly the lag on the b6 is 40-50 which shouldn't be bad really.
My previous Sony set had a 17ms response time. I honestly didn't play too much so I'm gonna really dive in tonight.
post #4625 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How does the smart TV input and its picture settings get set? Like when viewing Netflix from the TV App. Are the picture settings defaulted to some special smart tv input? Can you choose your own picture settings, like expert dark, etc?
post #4626 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 505
I have had my 65C6P from @Cleveland Plasma for about a week and am loving it so far. Truly a great tv. Have a question about using the Amazon app from LG in regards to HDR. Unlike Netflix which gives me three HDR picture choices to choose from, Amazon on gives me the one HDR Standard picture choice. The problem is every time I exit the app then go back in the next time it will not save my settings.

For example, I have to change the Color Gamut to Wide every single time it goes into HDR mode, it will default to normal every time I open the app. I also change Dynamic Contrast to Medium because off looks to dark and I have to change that every time too. I have tried to use the save picture settings. Sharpness also always goes back to the default of 10 after I change to 0.

Since the Netflix app on LG uses Dolby Vision, I opened the Netflix app on the Xbox one and even though it goes into HDR mode as soon as Netflix opens, it does retain my settings.

Any ideas on why the settings do not stick?

And does anyone know why Amazon only gives you once picture choice (not that it matters because it is the HDR Standard), but everything else HDR that I have used (Netflix and 4k blu ray) always gives me three choices?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161014_185939.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1716689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161014_185556.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1716697  

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500

Last edited by korsjs; 10-14-2016 at 05:02 PM.
post #4627 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
I've seen a few people say they have TRIED to buy from them. Basically what happens is after you order from them online, someone from East Coast calls you and tries to get you to upgrade to express shipping which is $189. When some people refused to upgrade they cancel the order. Others have said that it will just sit in processing for 2 or 3 months without shipping and they have to call frequently to see why.

I've seen others say that they will try and tell you that the TV you ordered for that low price is actually a commercial version of the TV with an 8bit panel, made in Korea, and if you want the USA model, like ones sold in Best Buy, it will be X amount more money, and that it will have a 10bit panel, and is made in Mexico.

That last scam I have verified is BS. According to LG, they do not make commercial equivalents of their B, C, E, G lines, and their commercial panels do not share the same model numbers. Most importantly, LG said that they do not make any OLED that isn't a 10bit panel. The manufacturing plant is in Mexico, so that's the only thing they said that was true.

I've also seen 1 or 2 posters say that they did get their TV from East Coast, but that it took a 2 or 3 months to actually get it.

In a nutshell, you may get lucky and have them actually ship you a TV for the price that they actually quoted on the site, but most likely the order won't go through unless you pay more. If you do get lucky and receive the TV, LG will honor warranties on TVs even from them.

Comes down to if you feel lucky, pretty much. I don't think you will get your money stolen, but it will probably just be a waste of time more than anything.

Good luck
I don't understand how they can stay in business with tactics like that!! Who the heck in their right mind is buying from them!?
post #4628 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
I don't understand how they can stay in business with tactics like that!! Who the heck in their right mind is buying from them!?
Someone that's not in their right mind.
post #4629 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 05:32 PM

Guys this is what I am talking about on my 55 inch B6 Anyone know what it could be? I am obviously going to have to exchange, such a bummer.

post #4630 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsjs View Post
I have had my 65C6P from @Cleveland Plasma for about a week and am loving it so far. Truly a great tv. Have a question about using the Amazon app from LG in regards to HDR. Unlike Netflix which gives me three HDR picture choices to choose from, Amazon on gives me the one HDR Standard picture choice. The problem is every time I exit the app then go back in the next time it will not save my settings.

For example, I have to change the Color Gamut to Wide every single time it goes into HDR mode, it will default to normal every time I open the app. I also change Dynamic Contrast to Medium because off looks to dark and I have to change that every time too. I have tried to use the save picture settings. Sharpness also always goes back to the default of 10 after I change to 0.

Since the Netflix app on LG uses Dolby Vision, I opened the Netflix app on the Xbox one and even though it goes into HDR mode as soon as Netflix opens, it does retain my settings.

And does anyone know why Amazon only gives you once picture choice (not that it matters because it is the HDR Standard), but everything else HDR that I have used (Netflix and 4k blu ray) always gives me three choices?
i just started season 2 of bosch, which is dolby vision. same problem. whats weird is on hdr10 (season 1) i had trumotion user, judder 0 motion blur 10 and didnt notice any judder. season 2 is in dv and i notice judder at the same setting, bump up judder to 2 and it goes away...but yes - iave to do this every time i open app, i think last night i watched 2 episodes back to back and had to do it when the second episode autoplyed as well. lots of panning shots in bosch.
post #4631 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
i just started season 2 of bosch, which is dolby vision. same problem. whats weird is on hdr10 (season 1) i had trumotion user, judder 0 motion blur 10 and didnt notice any judder. season 2 is in dv and i notice judder at the same setting, bump up judder to 2 and it goes away...but yes - iave to do this every time i open app, i think last night i watched 2 episodes back to back and had to do it when the second episode autoplyed as well. lots of panning shots in bosch.
Must be an Amazon issue. I just noticed when I paused the show I am watching, when it went to the screen saver (fireworks), it reset itself to default after I hit play.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #4632 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Must be an Amazon issue. I just noticed when I paused the show I am watching, when it went to the screen saver (fireworks), it reset itself to default after I hit play.

Yep I remember seeing someone else bring up this same issue in another thread and said it was a amazon issue so it's not just you guys.
korsjs likes this.

LG 65c6p
Denon avr590
(2) paradigm studio 10's
Velodyne 12 sub
PS4 pro, Apple TV (3rd gen), My Cloud 3tb nas
post #4633 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1946
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake2163 View Post
Yep I remember seeing someone else bring up this same issue in another thread and said it was a amazon issue so it's not just you guys.
Not that I have one, yet - I read other posters having similar issues with Amazon not saving their settings. I'm not sure where the blame lies but it appears to be an issue with every OLED.

Does any have one of the new Rokus that support HDR10 and if so do you still have this issue?

Blake, when you say another thread do you mean one pertaining to a different model (non OLED) television/display? Thanks
korsjs likes this.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #4634 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Guys this is what I am talking about on my 55 inch B6 Anyone know what it could be? I am obviously going to have to exchange, such a bummer.
Looks like the normal cursor at the edge of the screen. Have you used the remote control yet? Once powered and synced, just moving the remote will move the cursor. Normally after a short period of inactivity, the cursor disappears. I hope that's all it is.
post #4635 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcor View Post
Looks like the normal cursor at the edge of the screen. Have you used the remote control yet? Once powered and synced, just moving the remote will move the cursor. Normally after a short period of inactivity, the cursor disappears. I hope that's all it is.
I think he's talking about that dark blotch. The red pointer of the cursor just highlights it.

Looks like the display is being pinched by something.

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk

LG 65E6 | Denon x3200 | Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RS-62II - R-115SW
post #4636 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey everyone. I recently exchanged my 65 inch C6 for another one mainly due to the right side being brighter than the left and it was noticeable. Watching Tarzan in 4k last night and during the dark scenes in the village I noticed a little bit of banding/jailbar look. Nothing really distracting but I could see it if I went looking for it. My wife was watching with me too but didn't notice it. My panel is still fresh say 25hrs on it. Ran the hour long comp cycle just cuz but wont be doing it again and it has had a few of the shorter cycles from regular use. Should I be freaking out or should I take a chill pill since im really just breaking this guy in? Will the banding improve over time as it goes through more cycles and use? Im out of my warranty period but I am gonna buy a additional 1 or 2 year warranty through LG for peace of mind. Thanks guys
post #4637 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
My previous Sony set had a 17ms response time. I honestly didn't play too much so I'm gonna really dive in tonight.
I see I remember when I first went from a low input lag tv to a 50ms one, I couldn't really notice an obvious difference but I did notice I didn't play as well as before after a lot of trial sessions, but over time got used to it and got better so now I'm used to about 50ms of input lag so when I move on to this tv I don't expect I should have to adjust much hopefully (it will be 10in bigger than what I currently have though).

Quote:

Never seen something like that
post #4638 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcor View Post
lol yeah im talking about that dark spot inside the pink cursor... i put the cursor there so you could see it. I can see that spot on all solid color backgrounds. Sucks.
post #4639 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

Blake, when you say another thread do you mean one pertaining to a different model (non OLED) television/display? Thanks

Nope... it was Oled. I can't for the life of me find where I read it but it was a day or so ago. When I seen the posts about it from you guys I remembered reading about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 65c6p
Denon avr590
(2) paradigm studio 10's
Velodyne 12 sub
PS4 pro, Apple TV (3rd gen), My Cloud 3tb nas
post #4640 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
After pausing my Amazon show, when i tried to press play again, the show wouldn't play at all. like the app just locked up. it does this every time i hit pause and try to press play. i have to back out of the program to the episode list and resume playing it that way. and im talking small pauses too. if i pause it for a longer period of time it locks up the whole app and i have to turn the tv off and on again.

i had these types of problems with webos 2.0. especially with the amazon app.
post #4641 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Looking into Joe's AV, I found similar stories. Their website even looks exactly the same as East Coast's. Cliff's and TVSupeStores as well have similar stories. Unfortunately, when you see those great prices, which I have been tempted by myself, it usually means that you're in for some BS.

Truth be told, I know someone personally that bought from East Coast TVs and received his TVs promptly and in working condition, but this was like 5 years ago. He said they never called or tried to add on charges, so this may be a semi new thing, but it's the current reality it seems.
Horrible right, oh well, with CES less than 90 days away maybe I should hold off. But then again, after the 2017 LG announcement we have to wait another 90 days for the release.
post #4642 of 28461 Old 10-14-2016, 10:59 PM

Finally the wife came home and was able to unbox and set up tv. That was probably the single most stressful thing I've done in awhile. So afraid to put too much pressure on the curved screen with it being so thin....thought for sure we were going to crack it. And getting the base on was an adventure. Phew. It made it to its destination in one piece and ready for me to mess around with it in the morning.
post #4643 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 AM

So I am watching Tron on blu ray right now on my xbox one S on the B6.... holy ****. Even this upscaled blu ray looks amazing on this tv.

I also watched Apex on netflix in 4k.... I am absolutely loving this set so far. I am really considering jumping up to the 65 inch version even if its a thousand dollars more. ****kkk
post #4644 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 01:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3145 Post(s)
Liked: 3883
Quote:
So I am watching Tron on blu ray right now on my xbox one S on the B6.... holy ****. Even this upscaled blu ray looks amazing on this tv.

I also watched Apex on netflix in 4k.... I am absolutely loving this set so far. I am really considering jumping up to the 65 inch version even if its a thousand dollars more. ****kkk
Nice...both of those movies look spectacular on these!!!
post #4645 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
Are you using it in 10 bit color mode on the PC? My nvidia GTX 960 card claims to support hdmi 2.0 and 10 bit color, but I've never had any way to see if it works.
Because it is impossible for HDMI to work at [email protected]@10bit, max is 8
post #4646 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
One small last question: using the pc to stream stuff what happens if I activate 10bit and on the oled deep colour but the content is only 8bit stuff and 1080p? Good or bad or doesnt matter?
kyrunner7 likes this.
post #4647 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 05:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Thanks, after my post I started reading the reviews and not one person liked this company
I bought a Js9500 from them(East Coast) last year little bit of haggling but saved some big bucks. Shipping was a bit slow but overall it was a positive experience. You need to be sure it's the tv you want and be prepared to deal with the manufacturer for issues. My 2 cents based on personal experience.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Stuntman_Mike and drbveb88 like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #4648 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 132
East coast tv is good to use as a tool for a credit card price guarantee case.

Just did that with my b6. Already paid ok money at microcenter, but thanks to those jokers I had another $500 check from cc company in the mail.

First time I did this and it worked 👍

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk

LG 65E6 | Denon x3200 | Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RS-62II - R-115SW
post #4649 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 07:59 AM

Quick question and I'm pretty sure it's been asked but I can't find it. How can u check the steaming quality of Netflix on the C6P for instance whether it's streaming at 2160. I know there was a way with the eg9100 but can't seem to figure it out on this tv. Thanks.
post #4650 of 28461 Old 10-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
B6 and darbee

I have my new B6 hooked up and everything looks really good. My only issue is that I'm not able to get the Tv to recognize my Darbee. If I go straight to my receiver from my TV, I am able to get a picture. When I try running the hdmi from my tv to my darbee and then my darbee to my receiver, I get a message saying 'invalid format' and the screen stays black with no input. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page