2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264303Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4681 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,740
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked: 3780
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
Here's a suggestion. I haven't tried it, but someone on one of these many OLED threads said that it works:

Buy a TV from a reputable dealer, then maybe a week or so later find a website like iElectrica that has the same TV for less than you paid. Then call your credit card company and see if they will refund you the difference. It's called price protection. You usually have 30 - 90 days to make a claim.

Like I said I can't verify it works, but you could do some research or call your credit card company to see. Could end up saving hundreds in the long run.
It sounds like the 24-month 0% APR utilizes Best Buy's in-store credit, which I'm pretty sure doesn't share the price protection feature found in standalone credit cards from the likes of Citi, etc.
video_analysis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4682 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
adrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbran23 View Post
Quick question and I'm pretty sure it's been asked but I can't find it. How can u check the steaming quality of Netflix on the C6P for instance whether it's streaming at 2160. I know there was a way with the eg9100 but can't seem to figure it out on this tv. Thanks.
I was going crazy with this one as well. Just place the cursor from your magic remote in the upper left of the screen. You'll get a small bar the channel or whatever you're viewing. Click it again and you'll get all of the streaming data.
adrman is offline  
post #4683 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kucharsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 6,473
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1784 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
FWIW, Amazon is still selling them for less than Best Buy's previous sale price, and that's sold directly by Amazon.com with Prime, not even a third party seller with shipping by Amazon.
kucharsk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4684 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Member
 
drbveb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
Oh wow. Best Buy raised the prices on the sets?

Jeeze. I need to exchange my 55 inch set because of the weird dead pixel cluster at the bottom right of my screen.... and I was going to just exchange up to the 65 inch. Now I am screwed. Im not doing 4k for that tv. 3500 I was considering because my mom was going to throw some in for my birthday and I could put some in and the rest on 24 month financing.

damn...
You may have the option of price matching. I believe they will match "Amazon.com" shipped items.



Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
drbveb88 is offline  
post #4685 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbveb88 View Post
You may have the option of price matching. I believe they will match "Amazon.com" shipped items.



Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Yeah my only concern was them price matching the 3500 and the no sales tax deal at frys... but they said it would be no problem. Going to be taking my 55 back a little bit later and picking up the 65. It is going to be sooooo big in my room, but **** it. Im probably moving into a house soon so I am future proofing a bit.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4686 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
Here's a suggestion. I haven't tried it, but someone on one of these many OLED threads said that it works:

Buy a TV from a reputable dealer, then maybe a week or so later find a website like iElectrica that has the same TV for less than you paid. Then call your credit card company and see if they will refund you the difference. It's called price protection. You usually have 30 - 90 days to make a claim.

Like I said I can't verify it works, but you could do some research or call your credit card company to see. Could end up saving hundreds in the long run.



65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
Thanks for the tip, but yeah I am using the best buy card so that will be a no go. Oh well, no biggie. I dont mind spending a bit more for the 24 months to be honest. And i dont want to spend 4k out of my pocket lol.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4687 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Ive been looking for some comparisons but cant find too much in the way of it...

Anyone have direct experience with going squaretrade vs the best buy protection plan?

It does seem like squaretrades may be a bit inferior? but im not sure... and the price difference is huge...
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4688 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbran23 View Post
Quick question and I'm pretty sure it's been asked but I can't find it. How can u check the steaming quality of Netflix on the C6P for instance whether it's streaming at 2160. I know there was a way with the eg9100 but can't seem to figure it out on this tv. Thanks.
I was going crazy with this one as well. Just place the cursor from your magic remote in the upper left of the screen. You'll get a small bar the channel or whatever you're viewing. Click it again and you'll get all of the streaming data.
Wow....either I am really slow or its just not working for me. So if I spin the wheel on the remote to activate the cursor, point the cursor to the top left of tv screen, and then click the scroll wheel on remote it should show the streaming info? Not working for me.
Jbran23 is offline  
post #4689 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Hi guys. Has anyone come from a Vizio p65 to one of these sets? I'm thinking of selling my p65 and grabbing a 55" b6. I like Dolby vision on the p but to be honest I'm not really blown away by either HDR flavor on my Vizio. Does anyone have a full calibration including settings for the 55" B6?
ma1746 is offline  
post #4690 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 0
just bought the b6, anyone have a recommendation on an AVR under 500 that will do 4k/hdr/dolby atmos etc?
Chris DeMarco is offline  
post #4691 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm also having an issue connecting my C6P to a Vizio 5.1 soundbar. I'm using the optical cable and can't seem to make a connection although when I first hooked it up I'm pretty sure it was working but I wasn't able to use the tv remote to control sound so I started messing with it and now nothing.

Also tried connecting via Bluetooth and even though it says it's paired to the soundbar I'm getting nothing.
Jbran23 is offline  
post #4692 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Member
 
ad701xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris DeMarco View Post
just bought the b6, anyone have a recommendation on an AVR under 500 that will do 4k/hdr/dolby atmos etc?
I picked up this Yamaha after getting my 65" B6 and am very happy with it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by ad701xx; 10-16-2016 at 09:35 PM.
ad701xx is offline  
post #4693 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys just got a 65 b6 and so far I'm loving it! However, the tv mounts so high on my existing mount. Does anyone know of an offset plate I could get to lower the tv without having to reinstall the mount? At best buy they had a mount that attached to the tv first then the two arms attached to that to keep it lower. The guy at the store said LG came and put that in so it would fit in the display.
tcp638 is offline  
post #4694 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Alright well I got to best buy and exchanged my 55 inch B6.... and I stepped up actually to the 65 inch C6.

The curve is really subtle, and looked pretty sweet in stores. and from all accounts from people on here the curve doesnt cause problems like the more extreme ones like samsung etc.

Im really excited about the 3D too... Gonna need to make some adjustments in my room to get the 65 inch to work, but I am pretty stoked. Should have it up within two hours.

I pray to god theres no issues like the dead pixel cluster I had with the B6
buju22 likes this.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4695 of 28447 Old 10-16-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,740
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked: 3780
All accounts? Maybe if you selectively read (), but what matters is you're satisfied.
video_analysis is offline  
post #4696 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
All accounts? Maybe if you selectively read (), but what matters is you're satisfied.
When I say that, I take into account people who I have seen that either switched from the B6 to the C6, or those who were never interested in a curved TV like me.... I tend not to pay too much attention to those who are super pre-dis positioned to fuel dislike towards the set.

I have a lot to finish after work tomorrow.... but it is 12:30 am and I need to get to sleep,,, the groundwork is set though. I have to say.. this set looks SWEET. I am sitting about 7 feet away from the 65 inch.... I can't help but fee l like the display might be a little too big for my room. But I would be lying if I said I did not love it. Can't wait to get everything else set up tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mCpz083.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1720345  
Blake2163 likes this.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4697 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
When I say that, I take into account people who I have seen that either switched from the B6 to the C6, or those who were never interested in a curved TV like me.... I tend not to pay too much attention to those who are super pre-dis positioned to fuel dislike towards the set.

I have a lot to finish after work tomorrow.... but it is 12:30 am and I need to get to sleep,,, the groundwork is set though. I have to say.. this set looks SWEET. I am sitting about 7 feet away from the 65 inch.... I can't help but fee l like the display might be a little too big for my room. But I would be lying if I said I did not love it. Can't wait to get everything else set up tomorrow.
That curve is sexy. Im also looking to get a C6. Was originally just going to get a 55, but 65 is really tempting. Maybe (just maybe) you should look into wall mounting that bad boy. Enjoy your purchase.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
buju22 is offline  
post #4698 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 05:31 AM
Member
 
drbveb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
Yeah my only concern was them price matching the 3500 and the no sales tax deal at frys... but they said it would be no problem. Going to be taking my 55 back a little bit later and picking up the 65. It is going to be sooooo big in my room, but **** it. Im probably moving into a house soon so I am future proofing a bit.
Im in a townhouse, the 65" seems to be a perfect fit. My buddy bought a 55" and beats himself up that he didnt get the 65.
Your making a wide choice!


Got my 65b6 on Friday. Had to modify my TV wall a bit. I was coming from a 70" and i added my center channel. (Waiting on a custom white grill.
I used the LG ez mount, have to say it was a very simple mount to use. It extends about 7", tilts and no screws to remove the TV if needed.

LG OTW420B EZ Slim Wall Mount for 2016 OLED and Premium UHD LED TVs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ERYKLMQ..._2ElbybPHXHWZC




Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Ken Ross and dancolt like this.

Last edited by drbveb88; 10-17-2016 at 05:43 AM.
drbveb88 is offline  
post #4699 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 AM
Member
 
drbveb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
So I am watching Tron on blu ray right now on my xbox one S on the B6.... holy ****. Even this upscaled blu ray looks amazing on this tv.

I also watched Apex on netflix in 4k.... I am absolutely loving this set so far. I am really considering jumping up to the 65 inch version even if its a thousand dollars more. ****kkk
When you hooked up your XBox S did it say that "4k @ 60mhz" is not supported by the Tv?

And what did you do to get Hdr working?
Mine doesn't seem to activating hdr.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
drbveb88 is offline  
post #4700 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
tomhorsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
I think folks said that the sale was only until the 15th of October. Guess they were right.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
Yep, I see the amazon price is also back up again.
tomhorsley is offline  
post #4701 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
Hi guys. Has anyone come from a Vizio p65 to one of these sets? I'm thinking of selling my p65 and grabbing a 55" b6. I like Dolby vision on the p but to be honest I'm not really blown away by either HDR flavor on my Vizio. Does anyone have a full calibration including settings for the 55" B6?
i swapped out a P65 for a 65B. night and day difference in PQ.
texzen likes this.
Patrick Randall is offline  
post #4702 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
adrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbran23 View Post
Wow....either I am really slow or its just not working for me. So if I spin the wheel on the remote to activate the cursor, point the cursor to the top left of tv screen, and then click the scroll wheel on remote it should show the streaming info? Not working for me.
Sorry, my fault. I didn't notice that you said you were using the Netflix app in your original question. It seems this doesn't work with the built in apps. Apologies for the confusion.
adrman is offline  
post #4703 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbveb88 View Post
When you hooked up your XBox S did it say that "4k @ 60mhz" is not supported by the Tv?

And what did you do to get Hdr working?
Mine doesn't seem to activating hdr.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
You have to activate the deep color mode on the HDMI port that your Xbox one S is plugged into.

Also everything was green except for 1. I think it's the 4K at 60hz that wasn't. It's whichever one everyone says was yellow for them as well
drbveb88 likes this.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4704 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Member
 
drbveb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
You have to activate the deep color mode on the HDMI port that your Xbox one S is plugged into.

Also everything was green except for 1. I think it's the 4K at 60hz that wasn't. It's whichever one everyone says was yellow for them as well
Ok. I did turn the deep color on, hmmm.

Does it tell you at the top right of the screen when hdr is activated? I usually see Dolbyvision come up when im watching Daredevil but with xbox i dont see anything pop up or a visual difference.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
drbveb88 is offline  
post #4705 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Blake2163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbveb88 View Post
Ok. I did turn the deep color on, hmmm.

Does it tell you at the top right of the screen when hdr is activated? I usually see Dolbyvision come up when im watching Daredevil but with xbox i dont see anything pop up or a visual difference.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk


Yes it should still alert you. Make sure it's turned on in the Xbox settings


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drbveb88 likes this.

LG 65c6p
Denon avr590
(2) paradigm studio 10's
Velodyne 12 sub
PS4 pro, Apple TV (3rd gen), My Cloud 3tb nas
Blake2163 is offline  
post #4706 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Iron Curtains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbveb88 View Post
Ok. I did turn the deep color on, hmmm.

Does it tell you at the top right of the screen when hdr is activated? I usually see Dolbyvision come up when im watching Daredevil but with xbox i dont see anything pop up or a visual difference.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
It's only going to alert you when something HDR is being sent through (Like if I start Gears of war or forza, it will give me the notice). Also just a heads up, the xbox one s does not support dolbyvision, so you cant use the netflix app on there to watch the dolby vision content etc
drbveb88 likes this.
Iron Curtains is offline  
post #4707 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Member
 
drbveb88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Curtains View Post
It's only going to alert you when something HDR is being sent through (Like if I start Gears of war or forza, it will give me the notice). Also just a heads up, the xbox one s does not support dolbyvision, so you cant use the netflix app on there to watch the dolby vision content etc
Thanks again, im gonna try later tonight.

Ive been running most of the TV apps for netflix and streaming. It seems the Tv upscales really good! .

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
drbveb88 is offline  
post #4708 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
i swapped out a P65 for a 65B. night and day difference in PQ.
Thanks man. Can you share any picture settings or calibration tips you might have?
ma1746 is offline  
post #4709 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
Thanks man. Can you share any picture settings or calibration tips you might have?
not really. i just use the default isf settings or whatever hdr settings it loads. if i notice judder ill switch over to "user" and adjust judder until i dont notice it - usually setting of 2. imo, this tv is much easier to chagne settings on than the P. a lot less playing around.
ma1746 likes this.
Patrick Randall is offline  
post #4710 of 28447 Old 10-17-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
i swapped out a P65 for a 65B. night and day difference in PQ.
I'm set on getting a C6P. I got a Vizio P50-C1. To tell the truth though, everytime I go to Best Buy to check out the OLEDs, I'm not blown away. The P-Series is nice, but viewing angles and reflective screen are annoying. Plus I heard that the 3D on OLEDs are great which I know my kids will enjoy.

65JS8500, P50-C1, K8500, SB3851 Soundbar, Nvidia Shield, PS4
buju22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off