2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 232 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264199Likes

post #6931 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
It's a a bug in the Amazon app. I actually had to unplug my TV to get it working again. If you pause or rewind during Amazon streaming, it'll do that. I hope they fix it soon. No idea if or when though.
Man, that's a pretty major bug if you can't pause or rewind (or let the show play to the end, apparently). Geez... You wonder how stuff like that gets past QC!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Quote:
It's a a bug in the Amazon app. I actually had to unplug my TV to get it working again. If you pause or rewind during Amazon streaming, it'll do that. I hope they fix it soon. No idea if or when though.
It actually amazes me with all the bugs in the Amazon app that Amazon still hasn't been updated. It's the only app I use that causes issues.

I'd also like to see an update to the YouTube app for HDR.
post #6933 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownman6 View Post
anyone know how to set up the Harmony to record and list shows? The LG remote doesnt have those function, so it wont translate to my Harmony. Thanks for your help...and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.
That would not be relevant to this thread. Having said that, I have a Harmony 650 ... using MyHarmony I added the model number of the devices and followed the logical steps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6934 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
There is no difference in the handling of judder between any of the OLED models. They're all the same. 24p judder is inherent in the source and can be seen during camera pans. I see no difference in the amount of judder between my B6 OLED and my Sony 940c LCD. Both show it to the same degree.

If 3D is important to you, get the C. If it's not, get the B.
Ken, from your reply I'm going to guess that there is no difference in the amount of judder with Blu-ray movies or other 24p content on the C6 than there is on my Sony 850c, which I purchased in June 2015. Of course I can pretty much get rid of the judder on the Sony by creating a 'soap opera' picture, and I'm going to guess that that may be pretty much true for the c6, but I've learned to just accept our technology for what it is. I'm heartened by the fact that cinema movies have a lot of judder and nobody seems to notice it. And so if I can accept it on my Sony I don't think it would be any worse with OLED. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

But I would like to ask you some questions prior to making a possible Black Friday purchase of the 65" c6. First, how good might the passive 3D be on the c6? I must tell you that 3D on the Sony is one of its biggest pluses. The 3D effect is fantastic, there is no ghosting or crosstalk at all, the picture is very bright and the active-shutter glasses cause no eye strain and they're light as a feather. Naturally, because it's active-shutter the 3D picture is true 1080p, which I don't think OLED 3D can give, but if you'd be kind enough to give me your opinion on this I would very much appreciate it.

Secondly, how good is shadow detail on the 2016 c6? I'm hearing rumors that LG is going to address this in their 2017 models, so do you think this would be worth holding off for?

Finally, do you think HDR is adequate on the c6? If so, I don't think it would be worth paying more for the 2017 OLED TVs just to get a marginally better picture.

If you can answer any of my questions I would be deeply grateful. As you know, it is pretty much impossible to get any kind of a demo in-store.
post #6935 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3836 Post(s)
Liked: 3774
3d is full 1080p per eye and spectacular

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #6936 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 13
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post48422585

I hope the firmware update LG comes out with reduces input lag to 15-25ms on 4k+HDR Game mode.
post #6937 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kfan View Post
Ken, from your reply I'm going to guess that there is no difference in the amount of judder with Blu-ray movies or other 24p content on the C6 than there is on my Sony 850c, which I purchased in June 2015. Of course I can pretty much get rid of the judder on the Sony by creating a 'soap opera' picture, and I'm going to guess that that may be pretty much true for the c6, but I've learned to just accept our technology for what it is. I'm heartened by the fact that cinema movies have a lot of judder and nobody seems to notice it. And so if I can accept it on my Sony I don't think it would be any worse with OLED. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

But I would like to ask you some questions prior to making a possible Black Friday purchase of the 65" c6. First, how good might the passive 3D be on the c6? I must tell you that 3D on the Sony is one of its biggest pluses. The 3D effect is fantastic, there is no ghosting or crosstalk at all, the picture is very bright and the active-shutter glasses cause no eye strain and they're light as a feather. Naturally, because it's active-shutter the 3D picture is true 1080p, which I don't think OLED 3D can give, but if you'd be kind enough to give me your opinion on this I would very much appreciate it.

Secondly, how good is shadow detail on the 2016 c6? I'm hearing rumors that LG is going to address this in their 2017 models, so do you think this would be worth holding off for?

Finally, do you think HDR is adequate on the c6? If so, I don't think it would be worth paying more for the 2017 OLED TVs just to get a marginally better picture.

If you can answer any of my questions I would be deeply grateful. As you know, it is pretty much impossible to get any kind of a demo in-store.
I've got a B6, so my responses are based on experience with that. However, with the exception of 3D, I'm sure the applicability to the C is valid.

Since judder on my B is similar to my Sony 940c (a step up from your Sony), I'd think you'd find them in the same ballpark.

I'm not a fan of 3D, but everything I've read on AVS says the 3D experience on these OLEDs is the best you'll find on any display. So I'd bet it will surpass that of your Sony.

I have no complaints regarding shadow detail. On poorly mastered material, you may find some noise or artifacts that you don't see on your LCD. That's due to the fact that the OLED shows detail in the lower luminance levels that LCD can't reproduce.

Finally the HDR experience on my B6 is excellent. You'll find tremendous variability in the quality of HDR. It will range from the 'I'd rather see the SDR version' to 'Wow, that's awesome'.

I think you'll really enjoy OLED as most of us do.
post #6938 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently picked up a 55" B6 to replace my 60" LG plasma. I was trying to buy a ZT60, but couldn't find a good one without display issues.

Not that I had tremendous expectations, but I'm a little underwhelmed by the B6. I'm using settings I found in the "LG OLED 55/65E6 info, issues, and settings" thread -- are there better ones to use?

Has anyone found particular TruMotion custom settings that work well?
post #6939 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkms View Post
I bought my C6 about a week and a half ago and purchased it online from the BB website and picked it up in store. Because I bought it online I had to call the 888 number to get my price adjustment. I was told this after I drove to the store and they refused to help me. They didn't offer to call on my behalf either. Funny thing is, I would have probably spent that $200 in their store if they would have had a seamless process.

So I called the 888 number and spoke to a lady who said she had to transfer the case to their price match team for approval (even though its a match on their current advertised price). Lady told me they would call me back within 24 hours. 24 hours later no call so I call them back. Guy tells me the lady was wrong and I would get an email if it is approved or not, then I would get my refund 3-5 business days after that.

Did the Government take over BB? Not a very efficient process if you ask me!

I try to support the brick and mortar stores when I can and I have been an Elite, Elite Plus member for years now. Never had such run around with Amazon, ever. Might have to start rethinking my loyalty to BB.
It was a process—but to their credit, I did the entire thing through the chat on their website and I did eventually get the price match refund on my B6. I feel like I had no idea what was going on in the process and I never received any communication from them, but today a receipt for the refund showed up in my email so I guess something went through. Just keep at it. Their customer service talks a good talk but they are ssllooww.
post #6940 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.
I have a B6 for a month now and it is fantastic. The only benefit of the C6 is you don't need to spring for a sound bar. Once you get it set up the only thing you have to do is change the picture mode if you are playing UHD content. If you have it set on HDR low or high it seems to have to much dark for regular hd or sd programming. Other than that this set has many options which you can display your mobile or laptop devices on screen as long as your devices can use Intel Widi. I got the tv and sound bar for 2400 US at Best Buy and I could have got the C6 w'out soundbar for 3 grand and now I wish i would have got the 65'' because the picture is so great. I just gave away my 6 year old Sharp 52'' led back lit which was a fantastic display. To be honest the oled display made me buy it and the kid that got my Sharp got a great freebee!
post #6941 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
It actually amazes me with all the bugs in the Amazon app that Amazon still hasn't been updated. It's the only app I use that causes issues.

I'd also like to see an update to the YouTube app for HDR.
Amazon did recently update (a week or two ago). I am not certain, but I *think* this pause/rewind bug appeared along with that update. Amazon is not a software company (well, they are but they don't quite seem to know it) so I guess they're not up to speed on quality control.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #6942 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbythefoot View Post
I recently picked up a 55" B6 to replace my 60" LG plasma. I was trying to buy a ZT60, but couldn't find a good one without display issues.

Not that I had tremendous expectations, but I'm a little underwhelmed by the B6. I'm using settings I found in the "LG OLED 55/65E6 info, issues, and settings" thread -- are there better ones to use?

Don't forget to enable HDMI Deep Color under the General Settings (all the way at the bottom) for every input that you want to run HDR.

Then, start with Cinema or ISF picture modes. From there, turn off all image processing (TruMotion, Noise Reduction, Edge Enhancement, etc). Then calibrate for brightness and contrast (use a calibration disk like WOW or HD Essentials. Some blu rays and game consoles also come with calibration wizards). Once you have that, adjust settings to your liking. Some people like to have TruMotion set to User with dejudder set to 0 and deblur set to 10. Bump up dejudder 1 or 2 points if you are sensitive to 24fps judder (until you can't take the resulting soap opera effect). The picture quality on the B6 is stunning...best I've ever seen.

Note, you need to configure picture settings for all content types. E.g., when playing HDR.10, it'll go back to the defaults. Same with HDR.DV. It's a one-time thing, but you'll have to make those settings at least three times for all TV inputs.
Ripsnort and gregleslie like this.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #6943 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Amazon did recently update (a week or two ago). I am not certain, but I *think* this pause/rewind bug appeared along with that update. Amazon is not a software company (well, they are but they don't quite seem to know it) so I guess they're not up to speed on quality control.
The Amazon app on my B6 received an update this morning .. and sadly this bug has not been fixed. I was watching Coral Reef Adventure and paused to get a drink from the kitchen ... failed to make it resume.
post #6944 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I just ordered my 55b6p today during the Black Friday sales. I will be picking it up next Tuesday. It has been years since I bought a new TV. Almost 10. Currently have a Sharp Aquos lc-42d62u. That's currently connected to my Denon A/V Receiver (AVR-888) which I just discovered is hdmi 1.3. From there I'm aggregating input from an Xbox 360, PS4 (not a pro) and a Steam Link. So in terms of source I'm not really looking at 4k. I bought the TV to future proof myself for when I do have 4k source. So right now I'm basically thinking of keeping everything hooked up the same. However, because the 55b6p is a smart TV I could access Netflix and Amazon Video directly from the TV (and benefit from the 4k options those services have). I'm completely dumb to this stuff. Is that purely over ethernet directly to the TV? What if I wanted to send the audio back to my receiver -- do I have options there? Could anyone give me advice on how best to configure my current setup or point me to any useful resources?

Thank you.
post #6945 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4876
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
The Amazon app on my B6 received an update this morning .. and sadly this bug has not been fixed. I was watching Coral Reef Adventure and paused to get a drink from the kitchen ... failed to make it resume.
I just got the same update - what's the easiest way to check for the existence of this bug and is there an easy workaround?
post #6946 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegarx View Post
I just ordered my 55b6p today during the Black Friday sales. I will be picking it up next Tuesday. It has been years since I bought a new TV. Almost 10. Currently have a Sharp Aquos lc-42d62u. That's currently connected to my Denon A/V Receiver (AVR-888) which I just discovered is hdmi 1.3. From there I'm aggregating input from an Xbox 360, PS4 (not a pro) and a Steam Link. So in terms of source I'm not really looking at 4k. I bought the TV to future proof myself for when I do have 4k source. So right now I'm basically thinking of keeping everything hooked up the same. However, because the 55b6p is a smart TV I could access Netflix and Amazon Video directly from the TV (and benefit from the 4k options those services have). I'm completely dumb to this stuff. Is that purely over ethernet directly to the TV? What if I wanted to send the audio back to my receiver -- do I have options there? Could anyone give me advice on how best to configure my current setup or point me to any useful resources?

Thank you.
Yes you will pull the services off your internet connection to the TV and use the digital optical audio out from the TV and into the receiver.
post #6947 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 03:39 PM

Can someone with the 65B6P do a quick measurement for me for my wall mount? I need the distance from the very bottom of the TV up to the bottom of the lower VESA mounting holes. Thanks!
post #6948 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Eddie View Post
Yes, I have heard the Grand Tour is great and up to a minute ago I had not realized that Amazon streaming was actually available in Canada so I plan to check it out - thanks.

Maybe the two DV clips on the link I posted are just bad examples but to me they are inferior to the HDR10 clips.

did you mean amazon video is available above board?
I'm pretty sure its still not available in canada without a USA amazon account with an active credit card that is attached to a US address and/or a VPN. (all of which is doable, i just haven't gone through the hassle since it wasn't worth it until the grand tour came out :P)
post #6949 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 04:43 PM

I have a US and Canadian amazon account with the same credentials. I have prime on my Canadian account only. I was able to log in and stream The Grand Tour today.
post #6950 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbythefoot View Post

See if the PQ gets better with usage, I say this because a few other owners like you were at first underwhelmed but have later moved to the other end of the spectrum of loving their television.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #6951 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
IMO the inability to hold settings is the worst flaw in this app. It's just a royal pain to keep inputting your settings every time you exit a video and go to a new one or even back to the same one.
adrman, chifanpoe and chunon like this.
post #6952 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hey guys im going to buy the K8500 UHD player on Amazon since its on sale and i wanted to know if i have to buy a different type of HDMI cable for it or just a regular hdmi cable. Also is it noisy? the player i mean i have sensitive ears and the sound of the motor humming or disc spinning will bug me. Let me know if you guys have some light on this.
post #6953 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3836 Post(s)
Liked: 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo JAB View Post
Hey guys im going to buy the K8500 UHD player on Amazon since its on sale and i wanted to know if i have to buy a different type of HDMI cable for it or just a regular hdmi cable. Also is it noisy? the player i mean i have sensitive ears and the sound of the motor humming or disc spinning will bug me. Let me know if you guys have some light on this.
You need a good quality high-speed cable that supports 4k. I like Bluejean cables myself .

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #6954 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
You need a good quality high-speed cable that supports 4k. I like Bluejean cables myself .

Good choice!
post #6955 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeximusPrime View Post
Our master bedroom 55B6 has arrived. No slides just content and enjoyment up ahead. Pictures out of the box.
looks real good and tight
post #6956 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I just got a new amazon update a few minutes ago. Hopefully this fixes the hang issues! Haven't tested it out yet.
post #6957 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 29 View Post
Quote:

Good choice!
Another +1 for blue jeans cables.
post #6958 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So Amazon app did a new update... .and they didn't fix jack squat with regards to the app freezing after pausing. Bollocks.
post #6959 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

How much are they? do you really need the high end hdmi's? does it really matter say $20 to a $50 dollar cable? Ohh and the sold by amazon k8500 players are sold out
post #6960 of 28166 Old 11-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Quote:

How much are they? do you really need the high end hdmi's? does it really matter say $20 to a $50 dollar cable? Ohh and the sold by amazon k8500 players are sold out
Blue jeans charges by length. A 6 footer is 21.75.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page