2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 289 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264344Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8641 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
umenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by glossner2001 View Post
It is showing as outputting 1080i. Should it not be outputting 2160 if it is upscaling?
No matter which TV forum I visit ... there is someone asking a question like this ... so here the reason.

Today's televisions use pixels on the screen to display an image. These pixels are laid out in an array of rows and columns. For an Full HD display, this pixel matrix is comprised of 1920x 1080 pixels. What this means is the television will always utilize the entire pixel array (ie. a non-HD image will be zoomed up to fill the screen). Now that we know that your television will always be using its entire screen real-estate (ie. 1080p in the above example) .. there is no benefit in alerting the viewer to that fact. What the viewer is more interested in knowing is the resolution of the source image. If the source image is anything less than 1080p ... the display will need to zoom it to fill the screen. Your INFO or DISPLAY button will tell you the resolution of the source material ... since you already know the resolution of the final output (i.e how many ever pixels there are on the TV screen). Makes sense?
RickD_99 and lightandsound like this.
umenon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8642 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
No matter which TV forum I visit ... there is someone asking a question like this ... so here the reason.

Today's televisions use pixels on the screen to display an image. These pixels are laid out in an array of rows and columns. For an Full HD display, this pixel matrix is comprised of 1920x 1080 pixels. What this means is the television will always utilize the entire pixel array (ie. a non-HD image will be zoomed up to fill the screen). Now that we know that your television will always be using its entire screen real-estate (ie. 1080p in the above example) .. there is no benefit in alerting the viewer to that fact. What the viewer is more interested in knowing is the resolution of the source image. If the source image is anything less than 1080p ... the display will need to zoom it to fill the screen. Your INFO or DISPLAY button will tell you the resolution of the source material ... since you already know the resolution of the final output (i.e how many ever pixels there are on the TV screen). Makes sense?
Thank you for your response. That does make sense. I guess I was just a little concerned that the picture quality wasn't great. Appeared a little blurry on the cable box while xbox one's picture was awesome. I will try to set the box to native rather than 1080i.
glossner2001 is offline  
post #8643 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
need some advice here - 65B, 380 hours, several manual clear panel noise runs, ran the solid color test slides a few time for a couple hours. isf settings with no adjustments. bought from cp so no return window.

when i first got the tv i noticed on football and soccer the field on the left side of the screen was a lot "yellower" than the right. i noticed on hockey as well but you really had to look for it. over the last 3 or so months its coming back to a more uniform level but its still noticeable and the improvements seem to have plateaued. if im viewing head on or from the left side of the tv its noticeable, from the right side it all appears uniform. now its really only noticeable on a solid green field like soccer and football. what do you think? thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20161208_180012.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	1819585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20161208_180052.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	1819593  
Patrick Randall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8644 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:35 AM
 
shield1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Set your box to do native rather than 1080i. The tv automatically upscales everything to 4k. Make sure trumotion and and other picture enhancements are off set Sharpness on the set between 0 and 5, no higher than that.

The set gets better after you have some hours on it. I have the C6 but performance is similar. Also have twc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
When you say native do you mean 720p?
shield1280 is offline  
post #8645 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,605
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3939 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by shield1280 View Post
When you say native do you mean 720p?
I mean let the cable box pass the native resolution of the programming rather than upscaling to 1080i only and then having the set upscale to 4k.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #8646 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Mark Slone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
I went through 4 defective 55EC9300s (dimpling) and 4 defective 65EF9500s (near-black nonuniformity/Vignetting and near-white nonuniformity / yellow streak and I agree with everything you have written.
Yikes, you would not have liked my 55EC9300, it had a few dimples, a slight yellow tinge on one side, and a couple of dead pixels. The dimples didn't effect picture quality, and I only noticed the tint on snowfields, so I kept it. I consider myself somewhat hypercritical, and would not have accepted those defects when I was younger, but I've learned to pick my battles, otherwise life is a pain.

That said, LG appears to have improved in the past two years, no dimples, tint or dead pixels on the new 65C6. But the TruMotion feature still has plenty of defects, so "perfection" remains elusive, and I can still happily exercise my hypercriticism on that...

fafrd and Ulisescm like this.
Mark Slone is offline  
post #8647 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So does the OLED light setting impact contract? From what I've read the default ISF Dark with 2.2 gamma is good enough for a dark room but I'm wondering how the OLED light setting influences that.
prodan1234 is offline  
post #8648 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Member
 
SuicideJockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
My 65C6P is on software version 04.30.15

Does this mean I am ahead of or behind the latest-and-greatest
According to LG 12.09.2016 we both have the latest upgrade. 04.30.15
SuicideJockey is offline  
post #8649 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:06 AM
 
shield1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodan1234 View Post
So does the OLED light setting impact contract? From what I've read the default ISF Dark with 2.2 gamma is good enough for a dark room but I'm wondering how the OLED light setting influences that.
on my set the oled light impact brightness the lower oled light the more brightness i need and vice versa
shield1280 is offline  
post #8650 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 901 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I mean let the cable box pass the native resolution of the programming rather than upscaling to 1080i only and then having the set upscale to 4k.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Not all cable boxes have that option. You have to actually choose a res. He might have one of them.

Stuntman_Mike is offline  
post #8651 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,605
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3939 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Not all cable boxes have that option. You have to actually choose a res. He might have one of them.
I understand that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #8652 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
billdag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by glossner2001 View Post
Thank you for your response. That does make sense. I guess I was just a little concerned that the picture quality wasn't great. Appeared a little blurry on the cable box while xbox one's picture was awesome. I will try to set the box to native rather than 1080i.
And make sure you have your TV set to JUST SCAN in the Aspect Ratio settings......
Almost every set come with them set to overscan by default cause they figure we'll freak out when we see the occasional little black bar or border or whatever and assume that their great set it somehow faulty! So, much better, they figure, if some of us sit and watch a blurrier picture cause we weren't aware of that setting.
billdag is offline  
post #8653 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NashGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodan1234 View Post
So does the OLED light setting impact contract? From what I've read the default ISF Dark with 2.2 gamma is good enough for a dark room but I'm wondering how the OLED light setting influences that.
Increasing the OLED light setting seems to slightly increase both brightness (black level) and contrast (white level). So a 0% test pattern may appear perfect black -- emitting zero light -- at a certain brightness setting (maybe 51, for example) with the OLED light at a lower or mid-range level but the screen may slightly glow if you turn OLED light all the way up to 100% at that same brightness level.

Likewise, I think whites will tend to glow brighter at the same contrast level if you increase the OLED light setting. So if you're running basic calibration test patterns, I'd suggest starting with OLED light set to 50, then set brightness, then tweak OLED light, then set contrast.
NashGuy is offline  
post #8654 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodan1234 View Post
So does the OLED light setting impact contract? From what I've read the default ISF Dark with 2.2 gamma is good enough for a dark room but I'm wondering how the OLED light setting influences that.
Good question. On my ST60 the contrast would clip at different settings depending on what I had the panel light set to. The brighter the panel the lower the contrast setting had to be to avoid clipping. Has anyone tested this?
Itsfabyo is offline  
post #8655 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey guys I have a LG tech coming out to look at my C6 panel next week. I have some banding that im dealing with and I already had the same tech come out once a little over a month ago. My main issue is that on the right side of the panel I have about a 4-5 inch band that is warmer than the rest of the screen. Its only noticeable when watching a movie and there may be a darker scene and it pans left or right but it really is annoying the crap out of me. I have about 225 hrs on my panel. I hasn't improved at all since I first saw it. I've run a comp cycle to see if it would improve and it didn't. How should I go about getting him to order a me a new panel so it can be swapped out? He was a nice guy but after spending over 3k on this tv it is really bothering me. Thanks guys
Andre Glueck is offline  
post #8656 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:38 AM
 
shield1280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I understand that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have 576p,720p-1080i.what should i use.
shield1280 is offline  
post #8657 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,605
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3939 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by shield1280 View Post
I have 576p,720p-1080i.what should i use.
Pass them all if you can.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 12-09-2016 at 11:51 AM.
chunon is online now  
post #8658 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,605
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3939 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Glueck View Post
Hey guys I have a LG tech coming out to look at my C6 panel next week. I have some banding that im dealing with and I already had the same tech come out once a little over a month ago. My main issue is that on the right side of the panel I have about a 4-5 inch band that is warmer than the rest of the screen. Its only noticeable when watching a movie and there may be a darker scene and it pans left or right but it really is annoying the crap out of me. I have about 225 hrs on my panel. I hasn't improved at all since I first saw it. I've run a comp cycle to see if it would improve and it didn't. How should I go about getting him to order a me a new panel so it can be swapped out? He was a nice guy but after spending over 3k on this tv it is really bothering me. Thanks guys
I would just document everything and follow up with LG VIP if you don't get the resolution you want.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #8659 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Member
 
tanis38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by glossner2001 View Post
I recently set up the B6 and connected to my time warner cable HD box. I have a couple of questions. Is the tv automatically upscaling this content? Honestly both my wife and I noticed that it doesn't look very good, or at least not what I was expecting considering the price of the tv. Is this a TV problem or the HD cable box problem? It is showing as outputting 1080i. Should it not be outputting 2160 if it is upscaling?

Also, any one have any issues playing 4k blu ray players on xbox one s and the audio not syncing?

Thanks so much!

One thing to always keep in mind with these sets is that to see their true potential, you have to be feeding it a high quality source (preferably a 4k source, but that is not realistic to be able to do all the time). These sets will show more flaws in lower quality sources than you may be used to if you had a good 1080p display. I have already accepted the fact that when I watch cable content it will be all over the place. Some content looks pretty damn great, some looks awful. I used to tinker so much with the settings while watching cable that it was preventing me from just enjoying the tv. For bad channels or programs, I would tinker with the settings to make them look decent. Then I would switch settings again when I got a great source/channel. It was frustrating and I gave up trying to do that.


It is all still worth it when you feed the TV what it was meant to receive, a quality 4k/HDR source. UHD blurays looks amazing. Videogames have never looked better. And even streaming shows can look downright gorgeous (World Tour, Tales by Light, etc.).
venus933 and Caribwoy like this.
tanis38 is offline  
post #8660 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, guys!

I received my 55 inch C6 today and I am very happy with my purchase.

There's only one thing that bothers me so far: I don't seem to be able to remove the banner that appears on the left side of the screen when pressing the "Recent" button on the remote. At the moment it shows an ad that alternates between Netflix and a video game. I looked everywhere in the settings and I didn't find a way to remove it. Do you have any suggestions?
mkl86 is offline  
post #8661 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Banding?

I've had my 65B6P for about 2 weeks now and am overall pleased with the upgrade so far. Does anyone have a good link to a picture to test for banding? I've noticed it on a couple of things I've watched and I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned about or not so I wanted to get an image to test it. Any help is appreciated.
Drakke is offline  
post #8662 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dick Emery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Baker View Post
1. the majority of stuff on netflix is regular 4k. marco polo is dolby vision, daredevil as well plus some other netflix movies etc

2. there is no HDR support for youtube on LG tvs yet.

3. havent really noticed this myself. u need to change a few settings in ISF expert dark mode to make it look right!

4. wide colour gamut should only be used when in HDR/dolby vision for 4k streaming and UHD blu rays. according to many people on this forum and others though, you should leave it normal colour gamut for HDR as WCG saturates all the colours and apparently its already in WCG by leaving it in normal! very confusing!
I can say with confidence from an uncalibrated point of view and a wide gamut HP computer monitor to compare with that normal does NOT give you the same color depth as wide gamut does. Using normal gamut results in primary colors like red, green and blue looking faded and tinted (especially red which tends towards the orange end of the spectrum). I use wide gamut mode and although it may appear slightly more garish due to saturation and not being calibrated, primary colors look as they should. Look for xmas reds to see this in action. Santa's red coat etc.

Once you go wide gamut there's no going back.
Dick Emery is offline  
post #8663 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakke View Post
I've had my 65B6P for about 2 weeks now and am overall pleased with the upgrade so far. Does anyone have a good link to a picture to test for banding? I've noticed it on a couple of things I've watched and I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned about or not so I wanted to get an image to test it. Any help is appreciated.
They have a good screen uniformity test picture on the rtings website. They also reviewed the 65Bs, including the screen uniformity. (I'm unable to post links because I'm a new user)
mkl86 is offline  
post #8664 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Kruppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 116
2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread

65B6 with gamma bt.1886, OLED light 35, contrast 85, brightness 51, both 3 manual clear panel noise and 100+hours

Set 1 Sep build (5% and 100%):





Set 2 Nov build (50% and 100%):





As you can see, polar opposite. Third time's a charm?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kruppa is offline  
post #8665 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,605
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3939 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
I can say with confidence from an uncalibrated point of view and a wide gamut HP computer monitor to compare with that normal does NOT give you the same color depth as wide gamut does. Using normal gamut results in primary colors like red, green and blue looking faded and tinted (especially red which tends towards the orange end of the spectrum). I use wide gamut mode and although it may appear slightly more garish due to saturation and not being calibrated, primary colors look as they should. Look for xmas reds to see this in action. Santa's red coat etc.

Once you go wide gamut there's no going back.
More saturated doesn't mean more accurate. Wide is for Bt2020 , normal is for rec 709. You may like it more but I can guarantee you it is less accurate. That's the purpose of a calibration .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mark Slone likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #8666 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hobbs47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,784
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Randall View Post
need some advice here - 65B, 380 hours, several manual clear panel noise runs, ran the solid color test slides a few time for a couple hours. isf settings with no adjustments. bought from cp so no return window.

when i first got the tv i noticed on football and soccer the field on the left side of the screen was a lot "yellower" than the right. i noticed on hockey as well but you really had to look for it. over the last 3 or so months its coming back to a more uniform level but its still noticeable and the improvements seem to have plateaued. if im viewing head on or from the left side of the tv its noticeable, from the right side it all appears uniform. now its really only noticeable on a solid green field like soccer and football. what do you think? thanks.

Unacceptable. Contact LG. They will send a tech out. They should swap the panel or exchange it. My first 65EF9500 had yellowish discoloration on the left side of the screen, noticeable on football, and LG took care of me fairly quickly.
Ulisescm likes this.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
hobbs47 is offline  
post #8667 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Member
 
sclerozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I had my LG 65B installed today and it is important that I can use my PC with acceptable colors as I had been able to use my LED for years.

When they were here the switch via Harmony One to PC showed an acceptable picture but now when the PC monitor is displayed there is a pronounced pink overtone and pictures appear very bad.

No help with Geek Squad tech over the phone and the lady I managed to get after a long wait was not able to book an appointment because of "system" problem.

your advice and help is very appreciated.
sclerozo is offline  
post #8668 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
tomhorsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclerozo View Post
... when the PC monitor is displayed there is a pronounced pink overtone and pictures appear very bad.
When I switched to the "Expert Dark Room" picture mode for my PC input, it became nearly flawless. The only thing that might wind up irritating you about using it as a monitor is the ABL (automatic brightness). When nothing much has changed on the screen for a while, it will dim the picture. When you make a change (like opening a new window or scrolling to a different looking spot in a web page), the brightness comes back up again. I've gotten used to it now, and it doesn't really bother me.

A lot of people will warn you about "image retention", but I turn it off when I'm not using it, and have seen no evidence of that happening.
tomhorsley is offline  
post #8669 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Azreil24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Has anyone noticed that on 3D content the ABL doesn't seem to kick in?
Azreil24 is offline  
post #8670 of 28646 Old 12-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
Unacceptable. Contact LG. They will send a tech out. They should swap the panel or exchange it. My first 65EF9500 had yellowish discoloration on the left side of the screen, noticeable on football, and LG took care of me fairly quickly.
okay! Thanks. i swapped out a bunch of vizio p's for a slew of issues and this one is minor compared to those, wasnt sure if i was nitpicking because otherwise im pretty happy with it. much appreciated - i'll call them sometime this weekend.
Patrick Randall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off