2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 354 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264203Likes

post #10591 of 28186 Old 01-03-2017, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6673
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post
I'm relatively new to this thread-- but I notice you're also taking the time to challenge others who have stated they don't notice any motion issues, right?

I haven't noticed any issues with this set. Or prior sets I've owned. I hate the SOE and generally keep all processing off--so I can't speak to the quality of the set's SOE, or lack thereof. I most certainly don't notice any issues when viewing blu-ray source material. I suppose I'm just wrong?
Some user are more sensitive to other's, guess that is why we have a few different technologies and choices.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10592 of 28186 Old 01-03-2017, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMRIZZO View Post
Has anyone experienced a picture dropout, a very quick blackout and back to picture less than 1/2 second ? Called LG service they set me up with their local repairer he called me back I explained circumstances he tells me "Bad" panel, which I feel is totally wrong it appears to be a bad power board and the problem is, it doesn't happen all the time. BTW the suggested repairer says he doesn't suggest replacing the panel, that give me a good vote of confidence.
TIA
Yes, usually when I am on computer input to tv. It seems like it is loosing sync briefly. I dont believe I have seen it on other inputs like xbox 1 or Oppo. On another note, I also notice that when playing 3d movies from xbox one s, that it will have sound but no picture, until I disconnect the hdmi cable and reconnect it, then picture is there immediately.(This I believe is a handshaking issue with hdmi, but only on 3d movies, not uhd or regular blurays)
By the way I have the 65" OLEDC6P.
post #10593 of 28186 Old 01-03-2017, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfo View Post
I have the exact same setup and no problems noted here - I'd try a soft reset on the Denon - unplug it for 10 minutes or so, and see if that clears up things (doesn't affect settings).
If not report back & I'll check my settings.
Been messing around with settings on the TV & AVR. I have a single 18Gbps passive monoprice HDMI cable going from the AVR to the TV on HDMI 2 (ARC). I have Wide Color Gamut on the TV turned ON. This seems to be the issue. With WCG ON, the AVR doesn't sync correctly with the TV on Tuner & Bluetooth, but DOES on Online Music. If I turn WCG OFF, then all 3 work correctly. Ugh. I don't really listen to music on the AVR, but annoying that those 2 inputs don't work. I can get them to work with WCG ON, *if* I set video pass through to something like Sat/Cbl, but then I can't see the AVR UI.

Are you running a similar wiring setup & WCG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10594 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Quoted: 3252 Post(s)
Liked: 4050
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer View Post
Been messing around with settings on the TV & AVR. I have a single 18Gbps passive monoprice HDMI cable going from the AVR to the TV on HDMI 2 (ARC). I have Wide Color Gamut on the TV turned ON. This seems to be the issue. With WCG ON, the AVR doesn't sync correctly with the TV on Tuner & Bluetooth, but DOES on Online Music. If I turn WCG OFF, then all 3 work correctly. Ugh. I don't really listen to music on the AVR, but annoying that those 2 inputs don't work. I can get them to work with WCG ON, *if* I set video pass through to something like Sat/Cbl, but then I can't see the AVR UI.

Are you running a similar wiring setup & WCG?
Hi, the option you labeled as Deep Color On/Off it's not related with gamut coverage of the LG, when you have UHD source connected, with Deep Color On, it's enabling the 600MHz clock rate of HDMI 2.0, with Off it's 300MHz.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #10595 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 645
too much green.

After trying various setting (rock candy's and ratings) in 2 point grey scale to remove excess yelow (green), I've set everything back to default and then put contrast and brightness back to what I calibrated with in the spears and munsil disc. But what I notice on warm 2 is still a definite yellowish tint to things indicating too much green in greyscale. Where this really becomes apparent is in black and white content. My wife and I watch old movies from time to time. I stuck in a DVD of an old b&w movie and noticed that b&w looks scewed a bit toward brown and white, not much but when I asked my wife she noticed it as well. I went to warm 1 and voila, b&w looks like b&w. I had to leave for work and didn't examine what that did to my perception of color channels, but the improvement coming from a b&w DVD from my Oppo 203 and TCM on cable was very instantly noticeable, although it may now be scewed toward blue, I didn't have time to assess.

Seems to violate conventational wisdom on this forum that warm 2 is most accurate out of the box. Maybe on color channels it is, but on b&w warm 1 was most accurate. So the moral is if you think you are having yellow tint issues check a good b&w source. Look for a very slight tendency for it to look a tad brown and white. (brown = black+ yellow).

I'm now internally debating a professional calibration, or buying a meter and learning the process myself. Decisions.

anybody else thing warm 1 represents a better out of the box look?
post #10596 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just for fun, I tried setting gamma 2.2 with Wide gamut, Color 45, and Dynamic Contrast on low. Picture looked awful, like it had been baked/smoked on low heat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
shield1280 likes this.
post #10597 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
I can't say for sure that Dynamic Contrast at Low never adds any black crush. What I can say is that, in multiple scenes with shadowy areas, I've paused the content and switched DC between Off and Low (under gamma 2.2) and I've never seen it result in any loss of discernible visual detail in those dim shadowy areas. (However, there will be losses if you bump it up to Medium or High.)

You'll just have to give it a try and see what you think...
Yes but people's skins look like they have been deep- fried. That is as bad as the fake HDR picture mode available

post #10598 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Glad you found it helpful. I know using DC at all is a no-no in the eyes of video purists and would probably be sub-optimal if the TV was professionally calibrated by someone familiar with these sets who really knows how to coax out shadow details. But for those of us who don't wish to shell out a few hundred bucks to have that done, the approach I outlined is the best simple solution I've found yet. (Keep in mind, though, that each of these sets is a little different and, after selecting gamma, anyone reading this may wish to set brightness himself using a flashing bar black level pattern -- you can download one for free in the batch of files available here.)
I'm no purist but that made my eyes almost bleed...just too harsh and picture looks over baked

post #10599 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
I suppose that mode must be doing a bunch of software processing on the color gamut curve to mimic HDR, so who knows what is going on there. Interesting, though.
No thanks

post #10600 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycandy View Post
Just for fun, I tried setting gamma 2.2 with Wide gamut, Color 45, and Dynamic Contrast on low. Picture looked awful, like it had been baked/smoked on low heat

I'm no expert, but setting wide gamut on SDR content is not appropriate. Everything I've read indicates that wide is for HDR/DV content. From my experience, (and not having a professionally calibrated set) Normal gamut, Color=50, DC=LOW, all other processing=OFF looks great with the default out of the box settings. I guess your mileage may vary.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #10601 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
After trying various setting (rock candy's and ratings) in 2 point grey scale to remove excess yelow (green), I've set everything back to default and then put contrast and brightness back to what I calibrated with in the spears and munsil disc. But what I notice on warm 2 is still a definite yellowish tint to things indicating too much green in greyscale. Where this really becomes apparent is in black and white content. My wife and I watch old movies from time to time. I stuck in a DVD of an old b&w movie and noticed that b&w looks scewed a bit toward brown and white, not much but when I asked my wife she noticed it as well. I went to warm 1 and voila, b&w looks like b&w. I had to leave for work and didn't examine what that did to my perception of color channels, but the improvement coming from a b&w DVD from my Oppo 203 and TCM on cable was very instantly noticeable, although it may now be scewed toward blue, I didn't have time to assess.

Seems to violate conventational wisdom on this forum that warm 2 is most accurate out of the box. Maybe on color channels it is, but on b&w warm 1 was most accurate. So the moral is if you think you are having yellow tint issues check a good b&w source. Look for a very slight tendency for it to look a tad brown and white. (brown = black+ yellow).

I'm now internally debating a professional calibration, or buying a meter and learning the process myself. Decisions.

A lot of people settle on Warm 1 as their preference. I suspect most all of those are not having their sets professionally calibrated, but are rather using out of the box settings and tweaking for their preference. I actually tried that setting last night and I think I might prefer the cooler look. Warm 2 (skin tones in particular) can look over-saturated to me, especially on live sports or other television broadcasts. Seems like Warm 1 is kind of a nice compromise. Probably not for the professional calibration crowd looking for "reference" color temp. But if you like it, go ahead and set it that way. That's the reason that setting is there.
NashGuy likes this.

Last edited by dwarfnebula; 01-04-2017 at 07:44 AM.
post #10602 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
Whilst we B6 owners are still left wondering if we will ever get the HDR game update.
I would say yes, you B6 owners are making a lot of noise
post #10603 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I certainly hope so!
post #10604 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I certainly hope so!
Another update on HDR Game mode here
tanis38 likes this.
post #10605 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Yes but people's skins look like they have been deep- fried. That is as bad as the fake HDR picture mode available

Cool story, bro. Use whatever settings you like.
post #10606 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:

Yes, I also find Warm 1 to look best. Ideal would probably be slightly warmer than that but not as much as Warm 2, which definitely looks too yellowish on my B6.
post #10607 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Warm 1 to me looks to Blue, I prefer warm 2 over warm 1.

Sent fra min Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F via Tapatalk

LG 55B7-Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y-Panasonic UB700-Sony BDP-S6500-Pioneer BDP-120 Region Free.Philips Fidelio x2.

Last edited by shield1280; 01-04-2017 at 12:15 PM.
post #10608 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by shield1280 View Post
Warm 1 to me looks to Blue, i prefer warm 2 over warm 1.

LG 55B7-Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y-Panasonic UB700-Sony BDP-S6500-Pioneer BDP-120 Region Free.Philips Fidelio x2.
post #10609 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I'm no expert, but setting wide gamut on SDR content is not appropriate. Everything I've read indicates that wide is for HDR/DV content. From my experience, (and not having a professionally calibrated set) Normal gamut, Color=50, DC=LOW, all other processing=OFF looks great with the default out of the box settings. I guess your mileage may vary.
Another poster suggested those settings with Wide and colour 45

post #10610 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Currently experimenting with Real Cinema disabled, Trumotion set as before at 0 dejudder and deblur. Will see if it makes any difference.

It seems crazy that I would have to try and find a Freeview box that outputs 60i (Not sure how easy that would be in the UK) to fix the motion issues!
Yeah, I know right?!! The picture quality on this TV is amazing though. Skin tones look so real. Last night I experimented again using a movie scene with a fast camera pan comparing Motion blur set to '10' versus '0' and '0' was noticeably better. De-judder always set to '0' and Real Cinema 'On' but not sure that matters.
post #10611 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Another poster suggested those settings with Wide and colour 45

As I said, do what you like. But I would think that a wide gamut setting on normal SDR content is going to seriously muck with the automatic color mapping already provided by the Color Management System (CMS). Anyway, that is likely the reason you're seeing a "deep fried" look to your content. Dynamic Contrast is just a very subtle black level effect that seems to work very well at a low setting with Gamma set to 2.2.

post #10612 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Hopefully, as it would be really foolish for them to not support their highest volume OLED display.

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch
post #10613 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Can Tedd Test or anyone offer some basic guidelines on how to approach accurate 3D settings on the C6? Can we use the same test disks that we use in 2D to set brightness and contrast?

post #10614 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
As I said, do what you like. But I would think that a wide gamut setting on normal SDR content is going to seriously muck with the automatic color mapping already provided by the Color Management System (CMS). Anyway, that is likely the reason you're seeing a "deep fried" look to your content. Dynamic Contrast is just a very subtle black level effect that seems to work very well at a low setting with Gamma set to 2.2.
It makes the picture look like it was burned on low heat...my eyes were hurting

post #10615 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
Quote:
Can Tedd Test or anyone offer some basic guidelines on how to approach accurate 3D settings on the C6? Can we use the same test disks that we use in 2D to set brightness and contrast?

Put it in 2D to 3d conversion mode and wear the glasses as a first step.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #10616 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Well David Katzmaier just reported that all of LG's 2017 OLEDs will NOT support 3D. As a 3D fan I find this incredibly ironic as the 3D on the 2016 sets are widely regarded as offering the very best 3D experience ever seen on a consumer product. Sure am glad I picked up my 55C6P for a great price on Black Friday!

It will be interesting to see what Sony does regarding 3D if the rumors are true that Sony will offer an OLED product in 2017. Regardless with LG's 3D exit it really does look like 3D's days are numbered. I'm amazed that 3D blurays are still being released.
Aetherhole likes this.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (65-0131 firmware)
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
NAD C316BEE Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
post #10617 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Put it in 2D to 3d conversion mode and wear the glasses as a first step.

*taking note*

post #10618 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

Both are too green, but once you futz with the high green, w2 looks a bit too yellow on B/W maybe.

Maybe we're so used to blue led bias we forgot what everything is supposed to look like?

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
post #10619 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapete View Post
I have a hard time believing that ports 3 and 4 are 1.4 because I'm currently running my PC at 4k with a refresh rate of 60Hz with color format YCbCr444 flawlessly. Yet when I try running the same exact settings with ports 1 and 2, I start running into problems. Mainly screen flickering/blinking, "digital snow", and flashing horizontal lines.

Some of the things I experienced while on ports 1 and 2:

Cables I currently have and tested:
- Mediabridge
- Blue Jeans Cable
- KabelDirect
- Monoprice

BJC and Monoprice are 2.0 certified and I'm currently using the Monoprice cable. This is puzzling. The only thing I can think of is that I probably have old hardware embedded within the TV or crap connectors. I say that because I have replaced the entire panel before assuming the problems I faced were TV-related. It's unfortunate that I did not try my current setup (use HDMI port 3) on the "defective" panel to make sure that I wasn't out of my mind.

Is there any way to check my claims other than disassembling the panel or building an exact copy of my PC?
same problem like you i have contact today lg support (still waiting) but I think it's a software bug of the tv because 4k hdr at 30hz work perfect try on shadow warrior 2 on port 1 &2
this is what i want to try :

More product information

- For high speed transmission of digital audio and video data e.g. between a Blu-ray player, satellite receiver and television
- HDMI™ CEC support (Consumer Electronics Control)
- Transmission of the type of player via ACE (Automatic Content Enhancement)
- Certified premium HDMI™ cables guarantee the function with all current 4K/UltraHD transmissions and are future-proof
- Supports the transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Image resolution: 3840 x 2160 - 24 Hz/25 Hz/30 Hz/50 Hz/60 Hz, 4096 x 2160 - 24 Hz
- High speed transmission of up to 18 Gbit/s for all image and sound standards with a bandwidth of 600 MHz and more
- Supports 21:9 cinema image format
- 3D transmission due to the high bandwidth
- Colour space: 30/36/48 bits
- Up to 32 audio channels including ARC for a multidimensional audio experience
- Transmission of the following audio data: 8PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS, MPEG, DVD-Audio, SACD, Dolby Digital Plus, True HD, dts-HD
- EMV tested to ensure interference-free transmission
- This cable supports the HDMI™ 2.0b specification
- Quick verification of the original cable via the HDMI™ premium cable app

50Euro for 1.5m this is quality

in the manual of the lg 1m-to 3m maxim

I have a kabel direkt pro 5m

we need al least 2.0a certified premium for full 4k hdr 60hz

hama is the best

port 3&4 ok 1&2 are the problem
Kruppa likes this.
post #10620 of 28186 Old 01-04-2017, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
Quote:
*taking note*

Pretty basic from there just set everything like you would in 2d.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page