2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 386 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264239Likes

post #11551 of 28294 Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DIRK View Post
I bought the 55 Inch B6 and put it up this weekend. Directv content is awesome. But I was expecting more of the same wow factor watching the Packers/Cowboys game - and there wasnt.

Not saying the PQ wasnt very good but I was expecting a little more.

Any big sports fans (football, basketball, hockey) out there that can share the settings they use? I think thats the main problem. I continue to tinker with the tv settings and cant settle on something for sports viewing.
I use the same settings I calibrated for watching movies and watched the same game and it looked good (as in the color, motion, and black levels all looked good), but fair warning: In my experience the Fox NFL broadcasts are simply subpar in terms of compression artifacts (especially in wide shots) compared to the other networks, and no TV can fix that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11552 of 28294 Old 01-17-2017, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
I use the same settings I calibrated for watching movies and watched the same game and it looked good (as in the color, motion, and black levels all looked good), but fair warning: In my experience the Fox NFL broadcasts are simply subpar in terms of compression artifacts (especially in wide shots) compared to the other networks, and no TV can fix that.
Glad to hear I am not alone. I thought all 4 playoff games looked like complete and utter ****. I guess the panel just really punishes bad content. There was a noticable glow around players heads, there were weird lines on peoples faces and it looked horrid. I played with the settings and managed to improve it a little bit but it still doesnt look as great as I was hoping.
post #11553 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Ee

What do you guys think of these 3% and 2% gray shots? 65 inch C6. Looks gnarly but not noticing it on regular content.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170117_231231_1484724916917.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1902425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170117_231308_1484724945366.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1902433  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11554 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I prefer to watch the Fox sports using the FS1 app with my HTPC. It streams at 60 fps and is smooth as butter. For football I set Dynamic Contrast to Medium and OLED light to 100, looks great. I hate watching ESPN, it's only 30 fps.
post #11555 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
And 5%. I think it looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20170117_231126_1484725469122.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1902441  
Ken Ross, Ulisescm and jrref like this.
post #11556 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi guys. I just got my 55B6 week ago. The picture quality is outstanding!

However when I check my unit for pixel and uniformity. My near black uniformity is good little banding but seems to improve with use.
I found two dead blue subpixel. My white uniformity is not great as well with the yellow banding on the left side.

I have attached the white screen and 50% grey of my unit. Is this look okay? I've looked through all the pages but it seems to varies between unit. The banding does shift when sitting on the other side of sofa. It is not much noticeable on the actual content I have been overly OCD about the dead subpixel so I overlook the uniformity at first.

Since I brought them from local store, I cannot return it.

Do you guys think I should contact LG for panel replacement? Just because of white uniformity and dead subpixel. I call LG and they said it could be possible to replace the panel. I still worry that replacement will be worse than what I have now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0177.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1902457   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1902465  
post #11557 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
[QUOTE=Thrawn997;49983161]What do you guys think of these 3% and 2% gray shots? 65 inch C6. Looks gnarly but not noticing it on regular content.[/QU

Mine is similar - its normal, forget about it, you will never be able to see it with normal content. Test signals usually represent worst case (and most often special case) scenarios. I have calibrated every consumer display technology available over the last 12 years (I buy a lot of tv's and monitors) and this set's issues are tame.
Ulisescm, jrref and Thrawn997 like this.
post #11558 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraqq View Post
Hi guys. I just got my 55B6 week ago. The picture quality is outstanding!

However when I check my unit for pixel and uniformity. My near black uniformity is good little banding but seems to improve with use.
I found two dead blue subpixel. My white uniformity is not great as well with the yellow banding on the left side.

I have attached the white screen and 50% grey of my unit. Is this look okay? I've looked through all the pages but it seems to varies between unit. The banding does shift when sitting on the other side of sofa. It is not much noticeable on the actual content I have been overly OCD about the dead subpixel so I overlook the uniformity at first.

Since I brought them from local store, I cannot return it.

Do you guys think I should contact LG for panel replacement? Just because of white uniformity and dead subpixel. I call LG and they said it could be possible to replace the panel. I still worry that replacement will be worse than what I have now.
It's well within normal - all sets (and display types) have their issues. Just enjoy the tv...
post #11559 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
Hi, long time lurker, rare poster. I was hoping to get a little help with my new set before I decide whether to return it. I just got a C6 and love it but am having trouble with the optical out -- curious if it was the same issue. I have an xbox and cable box connected with HDMI. I have the audio running out of the tv to the receiver with the optical out. When I play any content the optical out/receiver makes a repetitive, clicking type noise. The issue comes up with literally any content -- cable box audio (coming into tv through hdmi), amazon prime app, Netflix app, etc. The clicking only starts when I play content (or when audio is coming through on the HDMI). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
No, that was not the issue with my optical, before returning the set I'd try calling LG and have them do a remote diagnosis of your set, the number is on your TV or if in the US, it's the number I posted earlier.

*edit* The above was a quick response as I was heading for work.
Try swapping or replacing your optical cable as well, if there is any debris or obstruction of any kind in the optics path, it will malfunction. Very well could be you problem.

Actually, I love tube amps..
I play guitars through them.

Last edited by wreckingball; 01-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
post #11560 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post
@richlife

Windows are good. No regrets. I do drop the shades for "serious" viewing and in summer add external shadecloth to the two flanking windows since that's the main sun exposure in the evening and would be like looking into twin flashlights otherwise (plus helps with the cooling bill).
That's a nice clean setup. How did you hide your wires?

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
post #11561 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
After fixing one issue with my (optical) sound, I find that my set is not passing the ARC at all either.

If I were you I'd call LG on this one, they claim that the techs can get into your set through your network and see what is going on. That's what I'm going to do.
1(800) 243-0000

Good Luck.

BTW, I sympathize with you, I had (optical) sound issues of my own that took many hours to figure out.
I also see that no-one is offering help, the same thing happened to me, very frustrating.
And in my case the answer was so simple, you'd have thought someone would have helped me with this minor oversight and saved me the frustration. They didn't.

Sorry I can't help you any further, if I could/was knowledge about this, I certainly would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw View Post
Ran into this the other day and after almost an hour, the trick was to disconnect all the HDMI cables from my AVR. I wrote down the exact steps in cast it happens again.

Disable CEC on TV and AVR
Disconnect all HDMI cables from AVR
Connect HDMI between TV and AVR
Enable CEC on TV
Enable CEC on AVR
Verify ARC
Plug in other HDMI cables into the AVR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First thank you both for the help.
I will definitely try the unplug all method before calling LG.
It will take me some time as getting to the back of my processor is a complicated operation as my cables are mostly too short!!! My options were either buy a ton of new cables (not just the HDMI but optical and mostly interconnects) or disassemble a substantial part of the cabinet where it's housed.......I went for the latter.....

I will let you know when I have a good couple of hours of spare time......

Actually would disconnecting all hdmi cables from the various electronic and TV but leaving them on the AVR work too?? I will try that first....
post #11562 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Wasn't blown away by the new 2017 offerings coming out shortly. So, in regards to the C6, is there a consensus with what to do with the HDR settings to help with the clipping? I've seen mentioned in the thread that OLED light should be lowered, but what about any of the 2 point or 20 point adjustments or any of the gamma settings?
mttpalmer likes this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
post #11563 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Lousy FOX sports quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
I totally agree with your observation re:FOX football video quality. Wide shots and long shots show horrible artifacts that mimic an autofocus camera having trouble fixing on the image. The image quality is the same whether I'm connect OTA or via my cable box. NBC, CBS, and even ESPN have much better picture quality of NFL games. It was harder to see with my previous 42" TV than with my new 65"B6 display. Very disappointing.
post #11564 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6063
Its the same on college on ESPN, and I know I watch a ton. Wide shots can have problems, but a lot of the more close field shots look great.
post #11565 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Liked: 0
Hello, I set up my c6 yesterday, (awesome tv by the way) and I'm having a problem.

My AV (Onkyo) is on the TV ARC HDMI 2, all is well my audio return functions correctly.
I've chosen to keep my cable box, Roku and PS3 on the receiver for sake of keeping cabling inside the wall unit.

When I turn on the system using either the AV or TV remote or go from let say Netflix to HDMI 2 on the TV, , my AV switches to the Roku HDMI input. I thought that maybe the TV was changing the input on my AV to HDMI 2, since the Roku was on AV HDMI 2 and cable on HDMI 3. I switched those on the AV so that Roku is 3 and cable is 2.
Obviously I'm missing something and I'm not as smart as I thought.

I tried to search for this, could not find a result, so I apologize if this has been asked before.
I appreciate any help.

Sparky
post #11566 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 09:08 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky42 View Post
Hello, I set up my c6 yesterday, (awesome tv by the way) and I'm having a problem.

My AV (Onkyo) is on the TV ARC HDMI 2, all is well my audio return functions correctly.
I've chosen to keep my cable box, Roku and PS3 on the receiver for sake of keeping cabling inside the wall unit.

When I turn on the system using either the AV or TV remote or go from let say Netflix to HDMI 2 on the TV, , my AV switches to the Roku HDMI input. I thought that maybe the TV was changing the input on my AV to HDMI 2, since the Roku was on AV HDMI 2 and cable on HDMI 3. I switched those on the AV so that Roku is 3 and cable is 2.
Obviously I'm missing something and I'm not as smart as I thought.

I tried to search for this, could not find a result, so I apologize if this has been asked before.
I appreciate any help.

Sparky
Update. I disconnected the Roku from the AV, tried power off/on, switch tv to app back to hdmi 2, no issue.
I reconnected the Roku, no issue with power on now (???). But switching from an app on the TV back to HDMI 2 changes my AV input from TV to Roku. It should stay on TV which was the normal behavior with my old LG, I then need to switch my AV from TV to cable. Guess a switch is needed anyway but optimally I would like it to default to the cable rather than Roku.

Signed,
Baffled
post #11567 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 7378 Post(s)
Liked: 8256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn997 View Post
What do you guys think of these 3% and 2% gray shots? 65 inch C6. Looks gnarly but not noticing it on regular content.
And therein is the key to your enjoyment. Since we don't spend our time viewing 2% & 3% slides, but rather actual content, you are looking good.
RIppolito and mo949 like this.
post #11568 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Quote:
And 5%. I think it looks pretty good.
[quote=bberns22;49984897]
Quote:
What do you guys think of these 3% and 2% gray shots? 65 inch C6. Looks gnarly but not noticing it on regular content.[/QU

Mine is similar - its normal, forget about it, you will never be able to see it with normal content. Test signals usually represent worst case (and most often special case) scenarios. I have calibrated every consumer display technology available over the last 12 years (I buy a lot of tv's and monitors) and this set's issues are tame.
I started replying to this a few times and stopped, but figured might as well share my experience. I've read every post in this thread and other OLED threads and it's very common for people to call this vignetting/uniformity issue "normal". I agree by definition since normal just means average or to be expected and clearly a result of something in the manufacturing process. I've gone through more B6 panels than I care to share because I knew eventually I would get one that doesn't have the noticeable vignetting and on Monday I finally did. Was it worth it to me? Absolutely. Would it be worth the hassle to the normal person? I highly doubt it. But they do exist.

It's incredibly difficult to judge how good/bad vignetting/uniformity is based on pictures posted - the camera, angle at which it's taken, ambient light, calibration settings, monitor/phone you're viewing it on etc. all can really change the look of the panel. Typically the camera will exaggerate the dark areas, making them look worse than they do in real life.

I see a lot of comments about not seeing it in regular content. The first time I noticed mine was in the intro of "The Night Of" on HBO, it's about a minute of varying light/dark gray scenes. Once I saw it, it was over for me. In nearly every dark scene from then on I could notice it on the right edge and it just drove me crazy (and all panels had it to varying degrees until my last one). I'm not sure what people are watching but I'm surprised the discerning AVS member's eyes don't notice it more often on a "normal" panel if they are able to see things like a single stuck/dead pixel. I had no idea what vignetting was until I started reading the OLED threads on this site and I probably wouldn't have ever noticed if it hadn't been pointed out. I agree with other comments that no tv and no panel is perfect regardless of brand, technology, etc. but there are variations of good/bad with each one and if the vendor you used will allow it then it's up to you if you want to play the lottery.
africanlivedit likes this.
post #11569 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
That's a nice clean setup. How did you hide your wires?
The fronts have ludicrously fat cables laying on the floor. They are somewhat attractive in their way so I don't mind them. The TV just hides the center channel wire hanging down from its floating shelf. I ran left surround and both back surrounds from a wall plate behind the media cabinet through-wall to a plate near the back of the room; the right surround from plate behind cabinet to plate by the right window, then up a stick-up raceway you can get at home depot. The sub is just sort of tucked against the baseboard. It's not perfectly clean, but somewhat better than it used to be :P
post #11570 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The fronts have ludicrously fat cables laying on the floor. They are somewhat attractive in their way so I don't mind them. The TV just hides the center channel wire hanging down from its floating shelf. I ran left surround and both back surrounds from a wall plate behind the media cabinet through-wall to a plate near the back of the room; the right surround from plate behind cabinet to plate by the right window, then up a stick-up raceway you can get at home depot. The sub is just sort of tucked against the baseboard. It's not perfectly clean, but somewhat better than it used to be :P

Awesome! What about the TV power cord and HDMI cables? I don't see those...

post #11571 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 23
URC MX-850 Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchasen View Post
Assuming you have the MX-Editor software to program your MX-850 remote, all you have to do is use the built-in IR database. Under "IR Data from" choose "TV" and where it says "Enter Code Number:" select "666".
This will give you working codes for all the LG OLED functions including discretes for ON, OFF, and most inputs. I believe the only buttons from this codeset that don't work are the RED, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE buttons, but you can find working IR codes for these buttons in the "667" codeset. I have my B6 working just fine with the MX-850 using these codes.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any more direction.
An update on setting up the MX-850 remote to work on the B6. I went into the IR database and entered 666 and saved it. It loaded buttons and commands for part of the required functions, but the number buttons and some others were not functional. I decided to try again to see if I could teach commands from the LG Magic remote. By putting the two remoter on the exact same level and about one inch apart and doing a long button press the MX-850 was able to learn all of the commands from the magic remote. I will have to emove some LCD buttons that do not have any fonctional use and rename some of them. As an example the button labeled R-PC actually turns it off and the button labeled input turns it on as well as brings up the input menu. This is all doable using the MX-Editor software. I would like to thank jchasen for the tip. I just wish I had not got in such a hurry to buy the Harmony. O well returning it gives the wife and I an excuse for another road trip to Toledo. Also I have to say that the wife is very supportive of my addiction. I definitly got a keeper with her 46 years ago. If any body it interested I will update my progress on getting the MX-850 to control the LG OLED TV's. I would thing this would work for all models of them.
Ulisescm likes this.
post #11572 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
I have the same issue. I have posted a photo of my screen on this forum. According to LG this issue is covered under their warranty. Currently waiting on parts which are back ordered until February.

LG OLED65B6P TV, Marantz SR7012 AV receiver, Sony UBP-X700 Player, Klipsch F-30 speaker system
post #11573 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo JAB View Post
Any of you use a different type of upscaling for the Oled? meaning something that makes the picture better than the built in streaming apps. i've noticed Hulu doesn't look as sharp as it did on my sony's built in app. I think i seen a comment on here that the roku upscales streaming apps better than the LG anyone know if this is true?

I use a Darbee 5000 very happy with results I keep enhancement at 46 of 100 no 'ringing' they are becoming difficult to find Company founder recently passed and production is 'on hold' hopefully restructuring. their on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DarbeeVision...oAAOSwa~BYeDFN
slapshot likes this.

LG OLED 55B6P~Oppo UDP203~SonyXBR929~Denon S540BT~Mirage V2 SPK-SYS w/ S10 SW~ DVP5000S~
https://www.highdefforum.com/image.p...ine=1486410618
post #11574 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Awesome! What about the TV power cord and HDMI cables? I don't see those...
Heh, bad photo is all. Those cables (plus an optical and network cable) are just tie-wrapped into a bundle to the center channel wire dropping down behind the cabinet.

While I get the desire for a "floaty" look to the tv by having the vertical part of the stand clear it means you can see cables that would otherwise be hidden right through the stand (albeit distorted). A closer, less flattering view

The bright white power cable is also visible (just not in the photo) in a similarly distorted way, on the far right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7332.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1903097  
Gillietalls likes this.
post #11575 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1864 Post(s)
Liked: 1933
Quote:
The bright white power cable is also visible (just not in the photo) in a similarly distorted way, on the far right.

I saw it. A few inches to the left of the window frame at an angle. Couldn't figure out what it was though because it's white. Thought it might be coax.
post #11576 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I do understand that professional calibration is preferred however my new LG OLED 65C6p is due to arrive next week and I was wondering if anyone has watched Darko's youtube video and his recommended settings. This is the best instructions I have found thus far in this new OLED 3D world!

LG OLED 65C6P
Pioneer PDP-6070HD
Pioneer SC-1523-K
Klipsch RG-81 II, RC-62 II, & RW-12 II
post #11577 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 482
LuckyBogey, YMMV (your mileage may vary), especially with the white balance. His normal settings seem pretty decent, although with the brightness, I would be wary with his setting. You may want to check in a completely dark room, letting your eyes adjust to see if the panel illuminates at all with brightness settings at 50, 51, 52.

On my set, panel illumination still occurs even at 50, so I have to set mine to 49. You can also use the thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...ck-detail.html

To enhance the low level black levels once you set your base brightness.

On my set, his white balance settings would DEFINITELY not work because my panel pushes green across most of the grayscale.
Ulisescm likes this.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #11578 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
On my set, his white balance settings would DEFINITELY not work because my panel pushes green across most of the grayscale.
Thank you. Look forward to learning on my own set.

LG OLED 65C6P
Pioneer PDP-6070HD
Pioneer SC-1523-K
Klipsch RG-81 II, RC-62 II, & RW-12 II
post #11579 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 210
[quote=Kruppa;49991945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberns22 View Post

I started replying to this a few times and stopped, but figured might as well share my experience. I've read every post in this thread and other OLED threads and it's very common for people to call this vignetting/uniformity issue "normal". I agree by definition since normal just means average or to be expected and clearly a result of something in the manufacturing process. I've gone through more B6 panels than I care to share because I knew eventually I would get one that doesn't have the noticeable vignetting and on Monday I finally did. Was it worth it to me? Absolutely. Would it be worth the hassle to the normal person? I highly doubt it. But they do exist.

It's incredibly difficult to judge how good/bad vignetting/uniformity is based on pictures posted - the camera, angle at which it's taken, ambient light, calibration settings, monitor/phone you're viewing it on etc. all can really change the look of the panel. Typically the camera will exaggerate the dark areas, making them look worse than they do in real life.

I see a lot of comments about not seeing it in regular content. The first time I noticed mine was in the intro of "The Night Of" on HBO, it's about a minute of varying light/dark gray scenes. Once I saw it, it was over for me. In nearly every dark scene from then on I could notice it on the right edge and it just drove me crazy (and all panels had it to varying degrees until my last one). I'm not sure what people are watching but I'm surprised the discerning AVS member's eyes don't notice it more often on a "normal" panel if they are able to see things like a single stuck/dead pixel. I had no idea what vignetting was until I started reading the OLED threads on this site and I probably wouldn't have ever noticed if it hadn't been pointed out. I agree with other comments that no tv and no panel is perfect regardless of brand, technology, etc. but there are variations of good/bad with each one and if the vendor you used will allow it then it's up to you if you want to play the lottery.
Yep. This vignetting may be "normal" for LG's OLEDs, but it's far from acceptable. My 65" B6 did not look as bad as the images posted a bit further up this page, and it most certainly was noticeable in content. My experience is, if it's visible on the slides, it's going to be visible on content (especially if you watch in a dark room). Like you said, I'm not sure how anyone who calls them self a videophile would not notice this obvious picture defect.
post #11580 of 28294 Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
[quote=milehighou;49999529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post

Yep. This vignetting may be "normal" for LG's OLEDs, but it's far from acceptable. My 65" B6 did not look as bad as the images posted a bit further up this page, and it most certainly was noticeable in content. My experience is, if it's visible on the slides, it's going to be visible on content (especially if you watch in a dark room). Like you said, I'm not sure how anyone who calls them self a videophile would not notice this obvious picture defect.
Are you going to haunt this thread forever now ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page