2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 406 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264149Likes

post #12151 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazri01 View Post
I apologize if this has been posted before. Searched the thread and could not find anything. I just purchased a new B6. Picture is great but I am finding the on screen graphics on cable channels to be somewhat fuzzy. Mostly notice during sports programming. For example the on screen scores or the scroll on ESPN. Is there a setting that will improve the sharpness of the graphics?
Things seem fine on my set. The only time I noticed text looking horrible was when I accidentally pushed some button that set my TiVo's "zoom" mode so the TiVo was squishing things one way and the TV another. I also set the TiVo to send native resolution through to the B6 and let the B6 do all the scaling. I decided the B6 did a slightly better job by itself (and channel surfing is faster because the B6 adopts to a resolution change faster than the TiVo did). On the B6 itself, I have TruMotion turned off and I use "expert dark" for everything (I haven't done any advanced tweaking beyond that because it looks great to me with those settings).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12152 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 27
On a C6 are you seeing any distortion at the bottom of the screen when news or scores scroll across the bottom? I really want 3d so I am wanting to talk myself into a C6 as is it much cheaper than an E6. I have an AV system so the only reason I would be considering the E6 would be the flat screen.
post #12153 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Anyone having difficulty with a Harmony 650? After setting it up with the 65B6, it won't control the TV volume. Tried resetting the device, activity, and even set up a new device. Won't recognize the volume up/down commands. And, t won't allow to fix a button for the volume up/down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12154 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post
On a C6 are you seeing any distortion at the bottom of the screen when news or scores scroll across the bottom? I really want 3d so I am wanting to talk myself into a C6 as is it much cheaper than an E6. I have an AV system so the only reason I would be considering the E6 would be the flat screen.
I feel your pain. My biggest hangup was I really wanted 3D. Problem is, like you, I also have a great AV system. But as hard as I tried I just couldn't justify another $1000 just to get 3D. After considerable testing of both flat B6 and curved C6 in our home the wife and I decided on the B6 flat screen. That said... "if" I had the money, and $1000 was pocket change I would have definitely gone for the E6. [sigh]

My wife and I noticed some distortion whenever we were sitting anywhere but in the "sweetspot". When we were sitting dead center and at with our eye level at mid screen vertically... we didn't see any distortion that I can recall. It was actually pretty immersive. But once we changed our positions to anything off center we started to notice "slight" distortion along the edges but we were viewing the screen overall, I can't say we ever focused any attention on a news scroll. Hopefully someone can chime in on the specific distortion you are describing.
post #12155 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
Anyone having difficulty with a Harmony 650? After setting it up with the 65B6, it won't control the TV volume. Tried resetting the device, activity, and even set up a new device. Won't recognize the volume up/down commands. And, t won't allow to fix a button for the volume up/down.
Whew... glad I'm not the only one fighting with their Harmony. I have a 65B6 and a Harmony 880. I was fighting with mine for the last 3 days. Sounds like you've done everything I would have tried. The first problem I had was the harmony was it was failing to recognize the cable box input. (it was my error, I was programming the Harmony to set the TV to channel 3 "per the cable box instructions", however once I changed it to select the appropriate HDMI port all was good. Then... I discovered the volume up/down wasn't working... nor was the mute button. I went back into setup tried resetting it... even set up a new device and used the "Learn" function on the Volume up/down and mute button from the Magic remote. No good...

The good news is Its working now! FYI: I'm running Windows 10 (UGH!) ... (in desperation, and via a hint/recommendation from another forum) I first went to Device Manager and did a uninstall of the Logitech USB device. (see first thumbnail). Then went to Control Panel I uninstalled "Logitech Harmony Remote Remote Software". Then went to Logitech website Support and downloaded the update software program for my remote (FYI: The software was the same version as what I uninstalled) but I read in a forum that another user discovered Win 10 had stepped on the app and it was causing programming errors the reinstall fixed it.

After I got the program reinstalled on my PC I went under "Devices" and "completely deleted" the LG TV and all variations of it. After deleting it as a device I performed the Update Remote process. When the remote update was finished I started the Harmony program on my PC and proceeded to add the LG TV - "New Device" and did the setup from scratch, as well as doing a Learn command for all the buttons. Not sure what might have been the problem... but its working now. [whew] Not that it helps... but I included a screenshot of my Harmony setup once I got it working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Devicemgr.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1928617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harmonyvolume.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1928625  
richlife and mo949 like this.
post #12156 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post
No I just got my 65C6 last Wednesday, so am just figuring it out. I watched Supercross motorcycle racing and boxing a little while ago and never noticed any curvature in the presence of a lot of crawl lines. When I first got the set, I wondered about distortion too, but after 10-15 minutes, I forgot the screen was curved. The only time I notice it is when the set is off and I see reflections which are distorted, suspect I will not notice them soon.

Previous set was a Panasonic 60VT60. My initial impression is that the C6 has a much better picture. 3D is orders of magnitude better. I do not use the internal speakers, have connected an optical feed from the TV to my AVR, seems to work fine.
post #12157 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija-gamer View Post
I have updated my tv to the latest firmware (SW File(Version 04.30.95)) and still I cannot get HDR on my PS4-PRO video apps (Amazon and Netflix). Any suggestions on how I can fix this please?
I have the opposite problem on my Xbox One S. I cannot turn off HDR mode for non-HDR videos. Also no 4K.
post #12158 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Whew... glad I'm not the only one fighting with their Harmony. I have a 65B6 and a Harmony 880. I was fighting with mine for the last 3 days. Sounds like you've done everything I would have tried. The first problem I had was the harmony was it was failing to recognize the cable box input. (it was my error, I was programming the Harmony to set the TV to channel 3 "per the cable box instructions", however once I changed it to select the appropriate HDMI port all was good. Then... I discovered the volume up/down wasn't working... nor was the mute button. I went back into setup tried resetting it... even set up a new device and used the "Learn" function on the Volume up/down and mute button from the Magic remote. No good...

The good news is Its working now! FYI: I'm running Windows 10 (UGH!) ... (in desperation, and via a hint/recommendation from another forum) I first went to Device Manager and did a uninstall of the Logitech USB device. (see first thumbnail). Then went to Control Panel I uninstalled "Logitech Harmony Remote Remote Software". Then went to Logitech website Support and downloaded the update software program for my remote (FYI: The software was the same version as what I uninstalled) but I read in a forum that another user discovered Win 10 had stepped on the app and it was causing programming errors the reinstall fixed it.

After I got the program reinstalled on my PC I went under "Devices" and "completely deleted" the LG TV and all variations of it. After deleting it as a device I performed the Update Remote process. When the remote update was finished I started the Harmony program on my PC and proceeded to add the LG TV - "New Device" and did the setup from scratch, as well as doing a Learn command for all the buttons. Not sure what might have been the problem... but its working now. [whew] Not that it helps... but I included a screenshot of my Harmony setup once I got it working.
I'm using a mac so, it's a little different. I deleted the My Harmony software and reinstalled the app, deleted all of the TV devices and tried to customize the volume buttons, but it won't recognize the commands. Still won't control the volume on the B6. No big deal. I have the LG and the FIOS remotes that can do that.
post #12159 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
I have the opposite problem on my Xbox One S. I cannot turn off HDR mode for non-HDR videos. Also no 4K.
The Xbox S app has been broken since it launched. It triggers HDR as soon as you go into netflix. You have to uncheck HDR in the S menu when you watch non HDR stuff.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K (3) / PS Vue
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
post #12160 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 03:04 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6569 Post(s)
Liked: 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator44 View Post
The other two TVs in my list besides the 55" B6 is the 49" KS8000 and the 49" XBRX700D or XBRX800D. She prefers max 50" but I asked if she could go to 55" and she said yes but I think she'd prefer 49". Not an option for OLED.
Back in the day 50" units where the most popular sets sold, the 60" units where way high in cost. That was then and this is now, no mind blowing sets 50" or under
post #12161 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naija-gamer View Post
I have updated my tv to the latest firmware (SW File(Version 04.30.95)) and still I cannot get HDR on my PS4-PRO video apps (Amazon and Netflix). Any suggestions on how I can fix this please?
The PS4 Pro doesn't have a hdr Netflix or amazon app yet. There's nothing wrong w your system or firmware.
Naija-gamer likes this.
post #12162 of 28112 Old 01-29-2017, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by schloss View Post
so i had posted this on another forum thread, the "2016 LG OLEDs - G6, E6, C6, and B6" before realising this one existed, so i'm reposting here as maybe i'll get more contributions.
I'd basically just love to know off the people here what made you choose C6 over B6... and your thoughts after using it.

so i went to the shop today and looked at both models, they happened to have both 65" B6 and C6 on display, literally next to each other.
i could not make my mind up at all.
The fact that the curve seems to distort the horizontal bars top and bottom of a film was slightly annoying.
Staring at it for ages, the image seemed like it was narrower in the centre than either side due to the curve - again i found this midly annoying.
On the other hand.....i did 'feel' like, due to this perception of a narrow centre, that i was more 'inside' the tv - but then i kept telling myself its maybe placebo, and the curve was casting a spell of gimmickry on me.
i desperately tried to stay objective and see it for what it is.

it didn't help that the shop demo kept looping different scenes, i'm going to go back with a usb stick and play a film sample.

my gut tells me the curve made 0 difference, that slight image distortion bothered me if i focused on it, but if i just watched the content and ignored that the tv was curved, i did feel that i was maybe more 'inside' the image. Or that could be pure nonsense and because of being aware of the curve, it enhanced my susceptibility to feel this.

overall, i walked out thinking that the curve was a pretty pointless addition..... i'd say i'm 80/20 in favour of the flat screen.

in both cases i'm standing maybe 6-7 ft away which is where i'd be sat with them at home.
is there anyone on this thread who bought the C6 and can also share their experience?

you must have gone through the same dilemma as me - can you relay your experiences? were they similar to mine?

time is running out before all the stock is gone so i need to make up my mind in the next week or so!
I just returned my 55in B6 and got a 65in C6. I had no intention of getting a curved tv but my gf fell in love with the c6 in the store and i figured what the hell. Personally I am really glad I let her talk me in to it. It solves a very specific issue for my use case, my light was badly in the picture, i even raised it up on a bucket to get it out of the 55in picture the most i could, but with the taller 65 in it was gonna be an issue again (not really able to move the light). I was amazed that I didnt see the light at all in the picture in the new tv and realized the curve was blocking it out.

I also really like the curve on the 65in from about 6ft away, there is no issues with it that bother me, only really minor positives to the way the picture looks to me. Oddly sports look better (NFL) but this is likely placebo effect or perhaps there was some kind of panel issue with my 55inch set that i didnt realize.

The only thing I dont like about the c6 is the 3 hdmi ports vs 4 on the b6.
mo949 and NahsiK like this.
post #12163 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 04:08 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Change the color volume setting in tv ?

Anyway, why is Nvidia shield outputting in rec 2020 when nothing use this except HDR content ?.

No games (except HDR games), no websites, no nothing.
did you receive the new update from lg ??
post #12164 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Hey guys, had a question. What is the difference with Quick Start being on or off? I had quick start off when I got the B6, and it seemed to load the Web OS splash screen every time I turned the TV on (at least I thought so). All of a sudden my TV is now set to Quick Start (not sure if one of the kids messed with it). The TV comes on right away. I then switched back and turned Quick Start off, but there doesn't seem to be a difference. The TV starts up very quickly, as it did when Quick Start was on. Is it just me or do I have to do a reset or something?

Whether Quick Start is on or off, the TV turns on pretty fast either way...and no Web OS splash screen on either mode.
post #12165 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike240se View Post
I just returned my 55in B6 and got a 65in C6. I had no intention of getting a curved tv but my gf fell in love with the c6 in the store and i figured what the hell. Personally I am really glad I let her talk me in to it. It solves a very specific issue for my use case, my light was badly in the picture, i even raised it up on a bucket to get it out of the 55in picture the most i could, but with the taller 65 in it was gonna be an issue again (not really able to move the light). I was amazed that I didnt see the light at all in the picture in the new tv and realized the curve was blocking it out.

I also really like the curve on the 65in from about 6ft away, there is no issues with it that bother me, only really minor positives to the way the picture looks to me. Oddly sports look better (NFL) but this is likely placebo effect or perhaps there was some kind of panel issue with my 55inch set that i didnt realize.

The only thing I dont like about the c6 is the 3 hdmi ports vs 4 on the b6.
i had horrible light reflection on Samsung Js9000, but on C6 no light reflection at all, it is amazing, first everyone was skeptical about this LG tv not expecting huge difference between two different 4K tvs, with in a week everyone is amazed about the blacks on this tv and how good the PQ on this set, and this coming from people who don't pay attention to PQ details. from me HDMi inputs are not much of big deal as i use my AVR for all inputs coming to TV, only Oppo 203 has one out put goes to HDMI 2 for HDR content, i am not sure why would anyone buy any other tv for this price and size, even FALD tv have the angle view disadvantage, the myth of OLED not bright as compared to LED is so exaggerated, the extra brightness on LED is not needed at all. i have a very bright room and i have no issues at all on OLED brightness night or day.
OLED is way to go, i hope prices still continue to drop.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #12166 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban19 View Post
Hey guys, had a question. What is the difference with Quick Start being on or off? I had quick start off when I got the B6, and it seemed to load the Web OS splash screen every time I turned the TV on (at least I thought so). All of a sudden my TV is now set to Quick Start (not sure if one of the kids messed with it). The TV comes on right away. I then switched back and turned Quick Start off, but there doesn't seem to be a difference. The TV starts up very quickly, as it did when Quick Start was on. Is it just me or do I have to do a reset or something?

Whether Quick Start is on or off, the TV turns on pretty fast either way...and no Web OS splash screen on either mode.
QuickStart off should erase history from your WebOS
post #12167 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Ian

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlover57 View Post
QuickStart off should erase history from your WebOS
I think the first few times you turned on the TV, it downloaded and had to restart the WebOS.

Mine did the same thing, stopped after about the third time. Now, I hit "on," and it's on!

-Ian
Ulisescm likes this.

"Please stand clear of the closing doors."
post #12168 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
I went through the exact same experience / dilemma. My wife and I both also had some issues with the curve of the C6 and we ultimately ended up with the B6 even though I was really longing for 3D. Anyway, I explained the reasons behind our decision in another thread. Rather than rewrite the gory details, > Here's a link to the post.
I'm going through the same issue. We got the 55B6 for Black Friday and it's in our bedroom. It replaced a Sony 32in CRT that had been disposed of 3 years ago...my wife really didn't want a set in the bedroom and it took a while to talk her back into it. Needless to say, it's the best thing either of us has ever seen and it's an upgrade for our Blu Ray library, to say nothing of newer 4K discs.

The TV we really have to replace in the house is the now ancient Mitsubishi Diamond 65813 RPTV. It was state of the art for home theaters in 2003 just before the flat screen revolution. After 13 years of service, it's past time to replace it....convergence is a big problem and it's pretty dim now after so many hours of service (it wasn't that bright when it was new).

The B6 set the bar pretty high for the home theater. At one point I was thinking about LED LCD technology to go for a larger screen...a new 65" flat screen will look smaller on the wall versus the current RPTV which is 3 feet thick. But now I can't imagine anything in that spot other than OLED.

So I've been looking at the 65E6 as my 1st choice (last set with 3D) with the 65B6 as a backup. The curved C6 is off the table since my theater room has a physically wide collection of viewing spots. I can get the B6 now at a good price from a number of places, but the E6's price still continues to defy gravity I can see a small price premium for paying for 3D but not the current delta from most of the reputable vendors. I don't need the E6 soundbar since I have proper tower speakers and amplification (5.1).

And so I wait....and wait.

Last edited by Sevenfeet; 01-30-2017 at 08:22 AM.
post #12169 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Change the color volume setting in tv ?

Anyway, why is Nvidia shield outputting in rec 2020 when nothing use this except HDR content ?.

No games (except HDR games), no websites, no nothing.
I just got a update for my Nvidia shield that has the option now for 4k 422, rec 2020, which is what it defaults too, should we have it at rec 709 instead? As from what you are mentioning rec 2020 is only for HDR games.
post #12170 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I think the first few times you turned on the TV, it downloaded and had to restart the WebOS.

Mine did the same thing, stopped after about the third time. Now, I hit "on," and it's on!

-Ian
But your browsing history is retained with quick start on, I think
post #12171 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 09:41 AM

Optical out question 65C6P

I need the optical out for my AVR (Pioneer Elite SC-37) which it shares an input with analog from an FM tuner. When I set the AVR to auto, the AVR selects optical if it is powered, otherwise selects analog. I have switched back and forth a couple times with no problems until yesterday. I turned off the set with a Harmony One and the red light on the LG came on. Unlike the last time, the optical was still powered, lots of red light at the connector, had to manually select input mode on the AVR to listen to FM.

Since then I have cycled a couple times with no problems.

Any ideas? Maybe the set was running a compensation cycle which keeps the optical out powered? The set has 25 hours on it, still learning my way around it.

Last edited by Spacedave; 01-30-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: remove extra word
post #12172 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
I need the optical out for my AVR (Pioneer Elite SC-37) which it shares an input with analog from an FM tuner. When I set the AVR to auto, the AVR selects optical if it is powered, otherwise selects analog. I have switched back and forth a couple times with no problems until yesterday. I turned off the set with a Harmony One and the red light on the LG came on. Unlike the last time, the optical was still powered, lots of red light at the connector, had to manually select input mode on the AVR to listen to FM.

Since then I have cycled a couple times with no problems.

Any ideas? Maybe the set was running a compensation cycle which keeps the optical out powered? The set has 25 hours on it, still learning my way around it.
Yes, while it's running the compensation cycle (after every 4 hours of use), you'll notice some of the ports remain powered on. I notice it on the USB port since I have ambient lights installed (those stay lit while the compensation cycle is running). It fully powers down after about 5 minutes when the compensation cycle is complete.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #12173 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
Yes, while it's running the compensation cycle (after every 4 hours of use), you'll notice some of the ports remain powered on. I notice it on the USB port since I have ambient lights installed (those stay lit while the compensation cycle is running). It fully powers down after about 5 minutes when the compensation cycle is complete.
Hey guys, just received a C6.

in 4K fonts are fine (win 10) but when switching to 1080p which I need to the colours of fonts is awful. There is haloing around text even to the point of connecting lines together.

This is from large text even upscaled a lot with windows. Anyone know what it is?
post #12174 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
omg weird forum. Didn't know I had quoted & cant edit posts?

third time lucky!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_175851.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	1930785  
post #12175 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
Going to do a repost here of something I posted over in the 3D subforum, as I think this thread might be the better place to ask:

I bought an LG OLED55C6P a couple of weeks ago, and while it's a great TV, I've noticed some ghosting near the top of the display when in 3D mode. I initially wrote this off as a 'sweet spot' problem, as when I raised my viewing position it seemed to clear up, but I've become increasingly convinced that there's something wrong with the polarizing filter on the screen.

I did a test using a half black half white SBS image and turned 3D on in SBS mode, and this is what I get from the left eye:

Now that to me looks like there's definitely something wrong with the filter. My question is: should I try to go through LG support to get it fixed since it's under warranty, or should I try to take the TV back (again. The first one I brought home was completely broken) and try to get a refund and re-buy somewhere else?

For anyone who has gone through LG to get their filter repaired, what was the experience like? Was there a bunch of shipping hassle? Or did they instruct you to take it to a local repair shop or something?
That looks about par for the course if not better than normal for LG 3D polarization in my experience. I've owned 4 LG 3D TV's over the years and have experienced much worse than you're showing in several models. My current is the 65C6P and it is much better than my old 65UF8500 and looks similar to your experience. When I first experienced the inconsistent polarization in my 55UB8500 a while back, I went through LG support to get it repaired. Ultimately, after several service calls, replacements of the motherboards, and finally panel replacement, it was determined that it couldn't get any better with that model and I just lived with it.
post #12176 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
Thanks. That is what I expected, might be able to program the Harmony to switch the AVR to get around this.
post #12177 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 7355 Post(s)
Liked: 8211
YouTube 4K issue

Is anyone having trouble getting anything on YouTube to play in full UHD? When I call up the 'stats for nerds', the best I'm getting for 4K labeled videos, including ones I've posted and know are in 4K, is 2560X1440.

I seem to recall getting a full UHD resolution in the past. Using the same WiFi network, I'm getting full resolution on my Sony 940c.
post #12178 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Is anyone having trouble getting anything on YouTube to play in full UHD? When I call up the 'stats for nerds', the best I'm getting for 4K labeled videos, including ones I've posted and know are in 4K, is 2560X1440.

I seem to recall getting a full UHD resolution in the past. Using the same WiFi network, I'm getting full resolution on my Sony 940c.
I went and checked on my B6. Most likely the issue is your Wifi connection.

My 55B6 is hooked up via wired Ethernet on a gigabit cable connection. So when I pulled up 'stats for nerds' on a Sony 4K demo YouTube video, I was seeing 64 mbits/sec on average. If your Wifi can't do that reliably where you TV is sitting/hanging, then it's going to cycle down to 1440p or less.

Wifi is a great thing but it's not perfect, especially when slinging 4K content around. Your router needs to be a good 802.11ac model, and located well for the TV. The Sony is ok with it but the LG is not. I avoided the Wifi issue years ago since Wifi always sucked on my top floor, going through the trouble of bringing wired Ethernet everywhere there was a desktop PC, TV or a possibility of one. It's made a world of different, making the construction project worth it.
Ken Ross likes this.
post #12179 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I moved my router to be on the same floor as my B6 (and within 15 feet) and that has improved the connection and speed. I find that I have to have consistent 30mbps or higher speeds to play 4K youtube videos. If my connection drops below that it defaults to the HD version. I only have the 50/50mbps Fios plan.
Ken Ross likes this.
post #12180 of 28112 Old 01-30-2017, 01:39 PM

Since when has color temperature been greyed out in HDR Bright and Vivid settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page