2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 427 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264234Likes

post #12781 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
On my DirecTV receiver should I have the resolution set to native? I wasn't sure on this.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12782 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozz View Post
On my DirecTV receiver should I have the resolution set to native? I wasn't sure on this.

Thanks in advance
Yes.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #12783 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
So I just tried a new calibration setting based on Darko (sp) on you tube. 63C series

Now everything looks dark and washed out on the Duke / Carolina game.

Anyone know if its the source or the settings?

The best I have seen this TV look on OTA broadcast is the Super Bowl.

I just had a new 4K direct TV box installed today.
I did not watch the UNC/Duke game but I did watch the IU/Purdue game and it looked like dog ****.
For what ever reason I am not happy with how college bb games on ESPN look on this set.
The Neb/Wisky game on BTN looked fantastic however.
Both are 720p so I'm not sure what the reason is.

Perhaps I misremembered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12784 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3855 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
I did not watch the UNC/Duke game but I did watch the IU/Purdue game and it looked like dog ****.
For what ever reason I am not happy with how college bb games on ESPN look on this set.
I think the camera angles and quality vary widely. College bball just does't look good.Don't know if it is the lighting or something else. I don't think its basketball itself because NBA games look great.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #12785 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
So I just tried a new calibration setting based on Darko (sp) on you tube. 63C series

Now everything looks dark and washed out on the Duke / Carolina game.

Anyone know if its the source or the settings?

The best I have seen this TV look on OTA broadcast is the Super Bowl.

I just had a new 4K direct TV box installed today.

Guys, Thanks for the responses.

After I wrote the above I went and looked at my Sammy plasma that the LG replaced. I actually didn't think that looked very good either. So now I'm thinking it could have been ESPN broadcast at my house. ?

Per Richlife his ESPN looked great. Not sure why or how they could be different. I did try other settings and I hate to say it but vivid looked better as far as color pop but that also caused eye strain. It was just too much.

The settings I did use (Darko) I only installed them on the expert bright. So during the game I switched back and forth between the "calibrated" expert bright and the factory expert dark and they both looked bad.

I'll play with it over the weekend I guess. I "think" I have a new 65C coming on Tuesday anyway.

Dank

Sammy PN63C8000

Onkyo TX-SR605

HR44-700

HP-T5064 Still going

post #12786 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
I doubt it's the source. I'm right now watching a Directv recording of the game on ESPN with my week old B6. The picture is glorious! As the game started, I noticed "Wow! This tv is awesome for basketball!" I've seen parts of other games, but this is one of the best in PQ that I've seen.

I've set some options and been happy, but eventually found I wanted to tweak more. If I have to tweak, than I don't think it's quite right, so I'm still looking for the "right" settings. Last evening we watched NCIS and I wasn't really happy at all and started tweaking again without making it a lot better. But then a commercial came on and the pic was great. Back to NCIS and not so good. Finally decided it was the show. When Bull cam on next, that was confirmed -- Bull looked great.
NCIS always looks like garbage, IMHO (this is not a show I watch, but my partner enjoys it). I think it's the look they're going for, for whatever reason (kind of muted colors and out of focus?).

The biggest issues I notice are with certain types of network shows (think Modern Family or The Middle, for example), and I'm not sure what is unique about them--but I see strange stuttering images in parts of the screen. It's most often noticeable in head movements. But I remember noticing the exact same thing with our last set when it was new (Samsung LED). I keep the motion off for film because while it does reduce judder, I find it introduces these stuttering issues elsewhere, like with arm and head movement.

I still don't understand why quality varies so much from one program to the next. Even on the premium channels some things look terrible...mostly with compression artifacts. Yet I'll randomly flipped to something like the new Ghostbusters movie on a starz channel last night (we have DTV) and it looked amazing.
Aetherhole and dankfoot like this.

Last edited by mentsmin; 02-10-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #12787 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
i am not sure how many panels are perfectly uniform in all colors, until one start noticing it on normal viewing of TV i would not recommend to go route of exchanging panel, it is such a big hassle returning these big TV. just my 2 cents.
I agree. People are so obsessed on posting pics of slides and asking if they should return the TV. I don't know about everyone else, but I do not use my TV to look at slides all day. I'm watching either HD cable or movies. If you don't see any problems when watching the TV in your normal viewing habits, then don't worry about it.

And it does seem like a major PITA to box up these TV's to send them back, even if you did retain the original packing.
skip61, Bleeding Edge and buju22 like this.
post #12788 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRay View Post
Try this and others will flame me for saying this.

ISF Dark. Default values but set color temp to Warm 1 and set Energy Savings to Auto.

Make sure you reset the picture mode first to get back to defaults.

Reply back if this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would people flame you? ISF dark is a great place to start if one is not performing either a professional calibration or doing it themselves. I use the default ISF dark with the only changes in settings are Motionflow off and edge enhancing off, and Energy Savings auto. I think the picture is very nice. I view in a room that is not completey dark (living room). So there is always some type of light on.
RockinRay likes this.
post #12789 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I doubt it's the source. I'm right now watching a Directv recording of the game on ESPN with my week old B6. The picture is glorious! As the game started, I noticed "Wow! This tv is awesome for basketball!" I've seen parts of other games, but this is one of the best in PQ that I've seen.

I've set some options and been happy, but eventually found I wanted to tweak more. If I have to tweak, than I don't think it's quite right, so I'm still looking for the "right" settings. Last evening we watched NCIS and I wasn't really happy at all and started tweaking again without making it a lot better. But then a commercial came on and the pic was great. Back to NCIS and not so good. Finally decided it was the show. When Bull cam on next, that was confirmed -- Bull looked great.

So now I'm watching the game with the same settings.

I'm using a custom isf Expert (Bright Room) in a dimly lamp lit room. Energy Saving: Off, Eye Comfort: Off.
OLED Light 82, Contrast 94, Brightness 50, H & V sharpness set to 0, no color changes.
Dynamic Contrast: Medium, Color Gamut: Wide, Edge Enhancer: On, Gamma BT.1886, no White Balance or Color Mgt changes.
Black Level: Low, Real Cinema: On.

In general, I will agree that either isf Expert Dark or Bright is a good place to start. I started with Dark, but have worked around to Bright.

We'll see...
Good post. I might have to try ISF bright mode, as like you, my TV is in a living room where there is almost always some type of light (either sun or lamp). Maybe I'll give your settings a shot for HD cable viewing. Right now I'm using the expert dark mode wit a few changes.
post #12790 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Slideshow options when no input?

Ok, maybe a dumb question: when there is no input (even momentarily) the TV shows a picture slideshow (you know, the one with the dog, etc.). Is there a way to change these pictures with your own custom photos? Thanks.

LG OLED65B6P | Samsung UBD 8500 | Denon X5200W | 7.2.4 (Energy RC speakers & Dual SVS PC12-NSDs) | PS4 | HD Fury AVR Key | Apple TV 4K
Energy Speakers' specs spreadsheet.
post #12791 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post
NCIS always looks like garbage, IMHO (this is not a show I watch, but my partner enjoys it). I think it's the look they're going for, for whatever reason (kind of muted colors and out of focus?).

The biggest issues I notice are with certain types of network shows (think Modern Family or The Middle, for example), and I'm not sure what is unique about them--but I see strange stuttering images in parts of the screen. It's most often noticeable in head movements. But I remember noticing the exact same thing with our last set when it was new (Samsung LED). I keep the motion off for film because while it does reduce judder, I find it introduces these stuttering issues elsewhere, like with arm and head movement.

I still don't understand why quality varies so much from one program to the next. Even on the premium channels some things look terrible...mostly with compression artifacts. Yet I'll randomly flipped to something like the new Ghostbusters movie on a starz channel last night (we have DTV) and it looked amazing.
Nnathew is that you?
post #12792 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban19 View Post
I agree. People are so obsessed on posting pics of slides and asking if they should return the TV. I don't know about everyone else, but I do not use my TV to look at slides all day. I'm watching either HD cable or movies. If you don't see any problems when watching the TV in your normal viewing habits, then don't worry about it.

And it does seem like a major PITA to box up these TV's to send them back, even if you did retain the original packing.

I agree with you somewhat. However, when you spend that much money for something that is brand new you should expect it to be in almost perfect condition.

I would not buy a new car that had a scratch down the side.

I ran slides and found about 10 dead pixels. Should someone accept that? I guess its up to the buyer.

Sammy PN63C8000

Onkyo TX-SR605

HR44-700

HP-T5064 Still going

post #12793 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
I'm using a custom isf Expert (Bright Room) in a dimly lamp lit room. Energy Saving: Off, Eye Comfort: Off.
OLED Light 82, Contrast 94, Brightness 50, H & V sharpness set to 0, no color changes.
Dynamic Contrast: Medium, Color Gamut: Wide, Edge Enhancer: On, Gamma BT.1886, no White Balance or Color Mgt changes.
Black Level: Low, Real Cinema: On.

In general, I will agree that either isf Expert Dark or Bright is a good place to start. I started with Dark, but have worked around to Bright.

We'll see...
Just a couple of comments on these settings.
1. Dynamic Contrast works best on Gamma 2.2. A low setting will greatly improve the black level (almost like the BT.1886) while still showing the shadow detail of Gamma 2.2. I don't use Dynamic Contrast at all and just stick with BT.1886, but if you do use DC, then Gamma 2.2 is the way to go.
2. Color Gamut should almost always be set to Normal. Otherwise, you're going to end up with cartoon color effects. The TV automatically selects the correct color gamut for HDR content. ConnectTEDD (a prolific contributer on this forum) has some pretty convincing data on this:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post49551681

I don't mean to nit-pick you. If you like your settings, that's the main thing.
AV Challenged likes this.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #12794 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Re:Picture Settings

I know the feeling in trying to find the right settings. Use the two ISF modes and you will be fine. I would start with the baselines below and tweak from there to suit your viewing environment. Most of your updates will most likely be adjusting the OLED light.

OLED Light Dark and Bright 60
Contrast 80-85
Brightness 50-52
H & V sharpness 10
Color 45-50
Tint 0
Color Gamut Normal
Gamma BT.1886 (2.2 for Bright)
All other processing off

LG OLED77C8P | Panasonic DP-UB820 | LG OLED65E7P | Sony UBP-X800 | LG OLED65C7P | LG OLED55B6P | Apple 4K TV x3
post #12795 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshFrosh View Post
Ok, maybe a dumb question: when there is no input (even momentarily) the TV shows a picture slideshow (you know, the one with the dog, etc.). Is there a way to change these pictures with your own custom photos? Thanks.
Not a dumb question at all. There is no way to customize those photos.
PoshFrosh likes this.

post #12796 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
Not a dumb question at all. There is no way to customize those photos.
Wha? Can you at least make them go away?

Perhaps even more importantly, can you make the message not appear, the one that says "would you like to open the Input List Yes/No"?

LG OLED65B6P | Samsung UBD 8500 | Denon X5200W | 7.2.4 (Energy RC speakers & Dual SVS PC12-NSDs) | PS4 | HD Fury AVR Key | Apple TV 4K
Energy Speakers' specs spreadsheet.
post #12797 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshFrosh View Post
Wha? Can you at least make them go away?

Perhaps even more importantly, can you make the message not appear, the one that says "would you like to open the Input List Yes/No"?
Nope. Agreed, it is annoying.
mttpalmer and PoshFrosh like this.

post #12798 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
The problem is if that 10 dead pixel is with in the tolerance for 65 inch tv your option is only to return and they might not take it back either, samething on clouding on lcds. If 99 out of 100 panels have no dead pixel then one can say 10 pixel on one set is defect but if 80 panels have 10 dead pixel each then the process capability comes into play. One can always return it at BB no questions asked but very soon they track people who return items too many times. We all need perfect tvs but I found out in last 10 plus years there no perfect tv, closest I got is Panasonic st60 plasma and this LG C6. Kuro owners are going to say about those tvs as well.
post #12799 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 177
I've seen this mentioned a few times in this and other threads, but is there something wrong with the version of Netflix we have on the display in terms of HDR? There is no HDR listing on the Ultra HD 4K shows and I've never seen the HDR pop-up on Netflix, only Dolby Vision. The HDR pop-up does present itself on the Amazon app, however. Anyway, if anyone has a definitive answer, I'd appreciate it!

Denon X4200W, Emotiva XPA-5
Klipsch RF-7II Front Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RP-280FA Surround/Atmos (x2), RP-140SA Atmos (x2)
SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D, Sony UBP-X800, Synology NAS
LG OLED65C6P
post #12800 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
I've seen this mentioned a few times in this and other threads, but is there something wrong with the version of Netflix we have on the display in terms of HDR? There is no HDR listing on the Ultra HD 4K shows and I've never seen the HDR pop-up on Netflix, only Dolby Vision. The HDR pop-up does present itself on the Amazon app, however. Anyway, if anyone has a definitive answer, I'd appreciate it!
Basically the TV defaults to Dolby Vision for Netflix regarding "HDR".
post #12801 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The problem is if that 10 dead pixel is with in the tolerance for 65 inch tv your option is only to return and they might not take it back either, samething on clouding on lcds. If 99 out of 100 panels have no dead pixel then one can say 10 pixel on one set is defect but if 80 panels have 10 dead pixel each then the process capability comes into play. One can always return it at BB no questions asked but very soon they track people who return items too many times. We all need perfect tvs but I found out in last 10 plus years there no perfect tv, closest I got is Panasonic st60 plasma and this LG C6. Kuro owners are going to say about those tvs as well.
Agreed, It may be in tolerance for LG and other manufacturers. I also agree that no set is perfect. However, I don't have too accept it and that is the main reason I purchased from a local B&M store instead of on the net. In doing so I had to pay more but I hope to be able to return it easier. Also, probably 90% of people who purchase any new electronics are not like the 100% on these forums that research what they are buying. These sets are the top of the line and I want mine to be at least almost perfect.

Sammy PN63C8000

Onkyo TX-SR605

HR44-700

HP-T5064 Still going

post #12802 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I agree with you somewhat. However, when you spend that much money for something that is brand new you should expect it to be in almost perfect condition.

I would not buy a new car that had a scratch down the side.

I ran slides and found about 10 dead pixels. Should someone accept that? I guess its up to the buyer.
This is true, however, the manufacturer might think that 10 dead pixels is "almost perfect condition" (actually, i'm not sure on LG's stance on this TBH). Aside from the people who visit this forum, no one else is gonna buy this TV and then take it home and watch slides for dead pixels or panel uniformity. They will watch the TV with normal content and then if something doesn't look right, might investigate it further. People on these forums do the opposite....run slides first, see if anything is messed up, investigate it with LG, etc., then watch normal content to see if the dead pixels/uniformity is an issue.
post #12803 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocomposite View Post
Basically the TV defaults to Dolby Vision for Netflix regarding "HDR".
Thanks. I get Dolby Vision on all the Marvel stuff and some other series. But Lemony Snickets and Stranger Things for example, nothing. Just that it's in 4K. I thought those series were HDR. Anyway, thanks for the response.

Denon X4200W, Emotiva XPA-5
Klipsch RF-7II Front Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RP-280FA Surround/Atmos (x2), RP-140SA Atmos (x2)
SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D, Sony UBP-X800, Synology NAS
LG OLED65C6P
post #12804 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
I WATCHED THE Duke/UNC game on Dish. The picture was great
post #12805 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Any Grand Tour watchers that could help with some feedback on the color banding in episode 7, especially in the begining of the episodes when they drive to the meeting point. I get some horrible color banding, especially in the scenes filmed from the cameras that are in the cars. I think is the source but just want to confirm, please

Thanks in advance!

LG OLED 65C8P, Sony UBP-X700, Marantz PM6005, Dali Zensor 7, iFi Nano iDSD DAC, Mogami Cables.
post #12806 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Thanks. I get Dolby Vision on all the Marvel stuff and some other series. But Lemony Snickets and Stranger Things for example, nothing. Just that it's in 4K. I thought those series were HDR. Anyway, thanks for the response.
Unfortunately there's not a lot of HDR content on Netflix. As you saw, Lemony Snicket and Stranger Things are only 4K/SDR. Here's a list of shows that are DV/HDR:

Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
Chef's Table France
Ridiculous 6
The Do-Over
The OA
Santa Clarita Diet
Knights of Sidonia
Marco Polo
Marco Polo One Hundred Eyes
cyclones22 likes this.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #12807 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post

I think this is due to two things: 1) is simply that the new tvs (and especially OLED -- to me) are simply more capable of showing the issues than former tvs. 2) Along the same line as movie (bluray and UHD) production, the values and parameters the producers are using are in a constant state of development and flux. Add to that the lack of consistent standards and it's not surprising to me that (for example) NCIS PQ sucks and the next show on the same network, Bull, looks great. But improvement is definitely needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfnebula View Post
Just a couple of comments on these settings.
1. Dynamic Contrast works best on Gamma 2.2. A low setting will greatly improve the black level (almost like the BT.1886) while still showing the shadow detail of Gamma 2.2. I don't use Dynamic Contrast at all and just stick with BT.1886, but if you do use DC, then Gamma 2.2 is the way to go.
2. Color Gamut should almost always be set to Normal. Otherwise, you're going to end up with cartoon color effects. The TV automatically selects the correct color gamut for HDR content. ConnectTEDD (a prolific contributer on this forum) has some pretty convincing data on this:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post49551681

I don't mean to nit-pick you. If you like your settings, that's the main thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeximusPrime View Post
Re:Picture Settings

I know the feeling in trying to find the right settings. Use the two ISF modes and you will be fine. I would start with the baselines below and tweak from there to suit your viewing environment. Most of your updates will most likely be adjusting the OLED light.

OLED Light Dark and Bright 60
Contrast 80-85
Brightness 50-52
H & V sharpness 10
Color 45-50
Tint 0
Color Gamut Normal
Gamma BT.1886 (2.2 for Bright)
All other processing off
Thanks both. I don't feel nitpicked -- I think all us new owners are feeling and tweaking our way around. At this point, I have not thoroughly documented for myself differences in settings or tried to set it up with one set and A/B with another (other than isf Dark/Bright -- but even both of those were customized differently at different times). Frankly, I've never had a tv that was so good it merited extensive tweaking, documenting and analyzing. Even the rather highly rated Vizio UHD was a simple setup in comparison -- and wasn't even remotely as high PQ as this OLED.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
post #12808 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6785 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
I would say its probably more like 1 out of 300 would have a dead pixel. I have seen LG swap panels for one dead pixel, its case by case with ALL manufacturers......
post #12809 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban19 View Post
This is true, however, the manufacturer might think that 10 dead pixels is "almost perfect condition" (actually, I'm not sure on LG's stance on this TBH).
The following excerpt was taken from LG's warranty guidelines for TV:
Module defects like Dark pixels & Bright pixels are considered as defects strictly as per LGEIL Policy: For LED Greater than 5 Pixels and OLED Greater than 15 Pixels.

So... 10 dead pixels on a LG OLED would not be considered defective... but as ClevelandPlasma pointed out it would probably be more on a case by case basis. That said, if I had purchased from BB, and found 10 dead pixels, and was still within the return window you can bet it would be going back, regardless of the hassle. And yes I'd be willing gamble with the panel lottery over and over if needed until I got a set I could live with or until BB said no more exchanges and gave me my money back. But that's just me.

It's obvious in reading though the forum some AVS members are more forgiving than others. Some are influenced by the high price tag and what they expect for their money, others are more forgiving, accepting minor faults rather than facing the hassle of having to box it up, negotiate the exchange etc etc. Just FYI: I purchased my B6 from BB, ran the slides, checked for dead pixels and color tint, the whole nine yards. Fortunately I'm one of a handful of members in this forum who doesn't complain because, contrary to popular belief, I'm happy to report that perfect panels and/or near perfect panels, do exists.

Last edited by Elton Noway; 02-10-2017 at 12:20 PM.
post #12810 of 28283 Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 PM

^^^^^^^ I agree. Did you find any faults with your panel?

Chris, to confirm, you are saying that 1 set out of 300 will have dead pixels? Maybe I'll get lucky next time then. If and when Best Buy gets tired of me I'm buying from you.

Sammy PN63C8000

Onkyo TX-SR605

HR44-700

HP-T5064 Still going

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page