2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 448 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264203Likes

post #13411 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Off angle 3D viewing & crosstalk?

For those that have the 65c model, do you notice any crosstalk with right or left off angle viewing?

I noticed some say that if the tv is mounted too low or too high, you may see crosstalk during 3D but wanted to know if the tv is mounted close to eye level do you still see crosstalk with off angle (left or right) viewing?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13412 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Best picture settings for OLED55B6P/Help with turning off "real cinema" option

Dear all,

I can't seem to find the right settings for my OLED55B6P. I realize that this is really a personal preference in a lot of ways. Nevertheless, I'd love anyone's feedback. My preference is to have the blacks really pop and take full advantage of the fact that this is an OLED TV, if that makes any sense. I also don't like things too bright and for my old Sony HD1080P XBR, the best setting that I stuck with was the cinema setting.

And most importantly, I hate the real cinema option but it's grayed out. It leads to a "soap opera" effect. Any idea how to turn that off? Thanks!
post #13413 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
I think (my assumption) that the ABL is causing one to see all the white bars even with contrast at 100. OR the color management system of the TV might be messing with it. Either way, I do not think one can find an upper limit to contrast with traditional contrast tests since it shows all the whites even at max contrast.

I think (again, just my assumption) a better way to test contrast's upper limit is with color bar tests, with varying levels grades of red, green and blue bars, to see where those colors start clipping. On my B6, red and blue clip before green. Red and blue start clipping around 97 contrast or so when above that most of the mid and higher levels of red and blue blend completely together. When I get in the low 90s, I can see the higher levels pretty well. I just stuck with 85 since that is the consensus here.
Thanks. I actually just realized that my Oled light was way too high. It didnt "look" too bright for me but I realized that my eyes were starting to suffer from it. So I switched the oled light levels to 55/30 for day/night which seem to be more in line with the settings that most people are using. With these brightness 53 seemed to be correct for both. And yeah ABL is actually a good point that I didnt realize. I actually didnt even know what ABL was before I got this TV and noticed it during the first few days.
I checked a SpectralCal video that was saying they aim to set contrast so that you can see the bar over 235 and set it so that you cant see the highest bars (something like 249+). And thats seems to be what I'm getting with 85 contrast so I'll just leave it there, especially since like you said, it is the consensus. I actually tested contrast 100 and I almost lost all bars with that. I believe I got 235 flashing with 97 or 98. But either way I'll leave it at 85.

Still wondering about the Dolby Vision setting. Do people usually just leave settings untouched there? I now have dolby settings otherwise default except white balance is warm1 and color 60. Atleast on my panel Warm2 just has way too much green and I cant deal with the yellow whites it's giving me so I just have to go with warm1. I know color 60 oversaturates colors but with it I get back slightly more red to the skin colors which I'm losing by going warm1 over warm2 and honestly cant really notice the oversaturation of other colors. So it seems to be the best compromise for me currently. As some other have said, I wish there was a warm1.5 setting .
I've only watched Dolby Vision from Netflix. and just watched some dark scenes in Daredevil to test the differences between brightness 50-53 but just cant honestly say if I'm crushing blacks or not. I guess I'll just leave it to defaults and wait until someone comes up with Dolby Vision calibration discs .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13414 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
Yup that's it.
Thought so, thanks.
post #13415 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
I am speaking only in reference to the YouTube 4k demos.
Not trying to pimp the Chromecast or it's plusses and minuses.
What does Chromecast Ultra get you that the built-in YouTube app doesn't?
post #13416 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post
For those that have the 65c model, do you notice any crosstalk with right or left off angle viewing?

I noticed some say that if the tv is mounted too low or too high, you may see crosstalk during 3D but wanted to know if the tv is mounted close to eye level do you still see crosstalk with off angle (left or right) viewing?

Any help is appreciated.
I view sitting off angle and get no crosstalk on my C6.
post #13417 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Lip Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Anyone having issues with lip sync? I seem to only have a issue when watching Cable TV which is connected to my XBOX ONE S to the television. I've tried the A/V adjustment manually, bypass and off. Bypass seems to be the best so far but I still see some lip sync being off. Is anyone using the manual A/V adjustments? I'm currently testing it out at -1.
Lip sync is frequently off by a frame or two - tho rarely on dvd/bluray. So many possible culprits: broadcast, dvr, cable box, avr, the TV (C6), so it's hard to track down. Strangely I've found that a dvr'd show (usually the way I watch cable/broadcast) will start out of sync and then become OK. I know the industry has been talking about including a sync signal, but haven't heard of it being implemented.
cerchiarax likes this.
post #13418 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiraval View Post
Dear all,

I can't seem to find the right settings for my OLED55B6P. I realize that this is really a personal preference in a lot of ways. Nevertheless, I'd love anyone's feedback. My preference is to have the blacks really pop and take full advantage of the fact that this is an OLED TV, if that makes any sense. I also don't like things too bright and for my old Sony HD1080P XBR, the best setting that I stuck with was the cinema setting.

And most importantly, I hate the real cinema option but it's grayed out. It leads to a "soap opera" effect. Any idea how to turn that off? Thanks!
For Soap Opera Effect, it's TruMotion that you need to disable. Not Real Cinema. Real Cinema is good...it does reverse telecine for 24p filmed content when displayed on a 60 Hz stream. Leave it on for best results; it doesn't have anything to do with Soap Opera effect.

LG OLED55B6P | Sony STR-DN1070 | Samsung UBD K8500 | Xbox One S
post #13419 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiraval View Post
Dear all,

My preference is to have the blacks really pop and take full advantage of the fact that this is an OLED TV, if that makes any sense.
Study this thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...ck-detail.html

Basically you want to test what brightness setting produces glow with blacks that should be black, then use a brightness setting one step below that. Then you want to adjust 5% black level so you can see near blacks.

How to do all that is the topic of that thread. Read the first 10 pages or so, then read the last 10 or so, and you should have good understanding of how to proceed.
post #13420 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Hi guys,
I"m looking into buying 2016 B6 65". What's a good place to buy? I have had projectors and every projector I purchased, the MSRP was way higher than what I ended up buying. Sometimes like 40% lower. I haven't bought TV in a while and don't know how it goes. I"m also thinking if I should go for a used one. What would be a good price for used one?

Thx.
post #13421 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

Any help is appreciated.
No problems with angle viewing here but if I get off the theater seats and sit on the floor then the 3D picture becomes unwatchable...
post #13422 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kematt View Post
what does chromecast ultra get you that the built-in youtube app doesn't?
hdr

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
post #13423 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Does anyone else experience instances of localized (to a small part of the screen) motion stutter, like in arm or head movements? I think this is different than judder but could be wrong. We have DirecTV. I notice it a lot on some programs (frequently local network shows), not at all on many others. Anyone know what I'm talking about or know of any way to address it? As best I can recall, I noticed similar issues with our prior LED set.
post #13424 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisu View Post
Hi guys,
I"m looking into buying 2016 B6 65". What's a good place to buy? I have had projectors and every projector I purchased, the MSRP was way higher than what I ended up buying. Sometimes like 40% lower. I haven't bought TV in a while and don't know how it goes. I"m also thinking if I should go for a used one. What would be a good price for used one?
Price for a used one? Wow... I would think finding someone selling their 2016 B6 65" at this point in time would only be because it has panel defect flaws they can't live with and are past their return period. That said, if your search Amazon for OLED65B6P you'll find several places selling used, refurbished etc with prices all over the place. MSRP on these was originally close to $7K.

If you are talking about buying "New" from a local brick and mortar store I wouldn't pay more than $2999. I've seen it at low as $2799 around Black Friday last November but the $2999 sale price seems to be a more frequent occurrence during holiday sales etc. However... with the last big "month long" $2999 sale all the retailers were running leading up to SuperBowl and with the 2017 models already rolling out... its getting harder and harder to find stock on the 2016 models. As quantities continue dwindle sales & price cuts seem less likely but... the optimists in this forum thinks they will drop the price on these sets one more time to clear out remaining 2016 inventory. If that's the case you'll want to Google OLED65B6P for sales prices every single day so you don't miss out on the opportunity if it happens.
post #13425 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thx.
Your best bet would probably be to purchase from Cleveland AV and then use CC price protection to get a $500 reduction. Lowest price using Google is about $2100. So if you can buy the TV for $2600 or less then you can price match to get the TV for $2100.
post #13426 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post
Does anyone else experience instances of localized (to a small part of the screen) motion stutter, like in arm or head movements? I think this is different than judder but could be wrong. We have DirecTV. I notice it a lot on some programs (frequently local network shows), not at all on many others. Anyone know what I'm talking about or know of any way to address it? As best I can recall, I noticed similar issues with our prior LED set.

Go to "TruMotion" settings, choose "user" and set both sliders to 0, see if you still see it.

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime
post #13427 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Any help is appreciated.
When I mounted my TV on a roller stand I accidentally had it angled backwards a bit and I did have a lot of crosstalk on the top of the screen. Once I leveled it out the crosstalk went away.

Shon
post #13428 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
hdr
Do you run the Chromecast directly into the TV or through an AVR?

I'm wondering if I ran the Chromecast to the LG would it output DD via optical or only stereo? Currently have this issue with my Shield TV.
post #13429 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Price for a used one? Wow... I would think finding someone selling their 2016 B6 65" at this point in time would only be because it has panel defect flaws they can't live with and are past their return period. That said, if your search Amazon for OLED65B6P you'll find several places selling used, refurbished etc with prices all over the place. MSRP on these was originally close to $7K.

If you are talking about buying "New" from a local brick and mortar store I wouldn't pay more than $2999. I've seen it at low as $2799 around Black Friday last November but the $2999 sale price seems to be a more frequent occurrence during holiday sales etc. However... with the last big "month long" $2999 sale all the retailers were running leading up to SuperBowl and with the 2017 models already rolling out... its getting harder and harder to find stock on the 2016 models. As quantities continue dwindle sales & price cuts seem less likely but... the optimists in this forum thinks they will drop the price on these sets one more time to clear out remaining 2016 inventory. If that's the case you'll want to Google OLED65B6P for sales prices every single day so you don't miss out on the opportunity if it happens.
Elton, thx for the detailed response. I think you are right about someone selling theirs would most likely be because of wrong reason. If there is a new model out then it makes more sense that someone wants to upgrade and want to sell current one.

I was hoping to get one around 2K :-( but it seems like 2600-2700 is the range. I'll primarily be using it for games only. For movies, I have a dedicated theater. Don't wanna use it for games because it will burn out bulb very fast.

Is anyone concern about HDR with 2016 B65 models? Sony is coming up with their OLRF model in summer and was wondering that model would be brighter/better than B6? Their extreme processor has gotten good reviews so wondering how that'd improve over B6. This thread is HUGE and I"m sure its been discuss someone on thread. So my apologies if its a repetitive question but has it been discussed here. I mean the comparison of the two. Of course Sony model is not released so its a theoretical comparison. Would it be wise to wait or the speculation is that it won't be that big of a difference.
post #13430 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post
yes I have noticed it. It looks like a head shaking very rapidly. It last about a second or two. I completely disable trumotion and I haven't seen it since. Last time I saw it trumotion was at 0-Dejudder 10-Deblur.
post #13431 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post

Prices are crazy right now. So much higher than what I paid for mine on Ebay Black Friday. Glad I jumped on it.
post #13432 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thx.
Seeing B6's refurbished on Ebay.
post #13433 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.
post #13434 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is OLED light 100 and Contrast 100, still the recommended settings for HDR in a dark room? I have a 65C6 in a completely dark room and those settings just seem too high. I also noticed for example, that Star Trek beyond with contrast at 100 made blacks look grey in a lot of scenes. Lowering to around 85 seem to deepen the blacks, for that movie. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #13435 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by inm101inm101 View Post
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.
If you wouldn't mind humoring me..., just switched my Comcast box from HDMI1 to HDMI3 and labeled the input icon to PC, selected ISF Dark and input my preferred settings. Trumotion was off by default, so I left that. I've been watching golf balls flying and have noticed no difference. Would like to see what you've done. Is "PC mode" just labeling the icon or is there anything else involved? Thanks!

55B6P
post #13436 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Right. Edit the icon and not the label.
post #13437 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Challenged View Post
If you wouldn't mind humoring me..., just switched my Comcast box from HDMI1 to HDMI3 and labeled the input icon to PC, selected ISF Dark and input my preferred settings. Trumotion was off by default, so I left that. I've been watching golf balls flying and have noticed no difference. Would like to see what you've done. Is "PC mode" just labeling the icon or is there anything else involved? Thanks!
Yes, all you have to do to go into PC mode is just label the input. Was Trumotion off or grayed-out and not selectable? Trumotion needs to be grayed-out to be in actual PC mode.

The TV will jump out of PC mode on a interlaced source and on a 24p source. Motion is better in PC mode but most of my sources are either interlaced (1080i direcTV) or 24p.

PC worked fine for video games, but I haven't seen motion problems on my XBOX so I left that in game mode.

I firmly believe (no pun intended) that the recent motion problems are B6 firmware related.

I just read in another forum that a member played a video clip on two B6 and one E6. The E6 played perfect and the B6 stuttered.

Last edited by mikek; 02-23-2017 at 07:31 PM.
post #13438 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
Yes, PC mode is just labeling the input. Was Trumotion off or grayed-out and not selectable? Trumotion needs to be grayed-out to be in actual PC mode.

The TV will jump out of PC mode on a interlaced source and on a 24p source. Motion is better in PC mode but most of my sources are either interlaced (1080i direcTV) or 24p.

PC worked fine for video games, but I haven't seen motion problems on my XBOX so I left that in game mode.

I firmly believe (no pun intended) that the recent motion problems are B6 firmware related.

I just read in another forum that a member played a video clip on two B6 and one E6. The E6 played perfect and the B6 stuttered.

It doesn't just label the input, it makes some changes ... the ones I verified are it disables the pseudo HDR modes and kills Tru-Motion settings. It also resets all the picture settings when you change that icon to PC. Try it and you'll see.

AVR-S940H | AVR-S920W | B&W Matrix 803 L/R | B&W Matrix HTM center | Fluance Signature Series surrounds | LG 65" OLED65B6P | Samsung 82" Q6FN QLED | 2x Nvidia Shield | HDHomeRun Prime
post #13439 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscoppa View Post
It doesn't just label the input, it makes some changes ... the ones I verified are it disables the pseudo HDR modes and kills Tru-Motion settings. It also resets all the picture settings when you change that icon to PC. Try it and you'll see.
Yes I agree. I guess I wasn't clear. I was answering his question. All you have to do to go to PC mode is to change the input label.

PC mode will not "take" if the signal is interlaced or 24p.

Verify PC mode by checking the Trumotion is disabled and not merely off.
post #13440 of 28192 Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
Verify PC mode by checking the Trumotion is disabled and not merely off.
My Comcast box is 1080i, so Trumotion isn't greyed out I suppose. Doesn't this make it a pointless exercise?
Kruppa likes this.

55B6P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page