2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 498 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264247Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14911 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Newbie
 
madmax2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
I had to have my friend at work download the update because the file would always get corrupted when I tried.
give it a day or 2 then try again. Same thing happened with me then one time it worked. my guess , it has to do with the server cash for some reason.
madmax2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14912 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Senior Member
 
jbjbjbjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Wesley Hills, NY
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkbks View Post
Personally, I feel no need to do a firmware update unless it is likely to be really needed. Check under Reference on the LG site for what the update is intended to do. The latest 55C6 one is 4.30.95 and it is "To improve color error issue at the bottom of the screen during HDMI 4K 3D On/Off." If this is not an issue that concerns you, I feel why take a chance that something else might go wrong.

Most of the time firmware updates fix a number of things not just one. Just because the company list only one fix there might be many, some of which they may not want you to know about. For instance they may have had some colors off and they may not have wanted you to know that for the last 6 months a certain color was off so they may fix it in an update without telling you. You should apply all updates as they come out.
Superman23 likes this.
jbjbjbjb is offline  
post #14913 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,509
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
I reported the issue to LG Support via chat this morning. They are going to reach out to the engineering team. I recommend other B series owners who game do the same. LG seems to be really responsive to owner feedback.
This seems to be a B6 only problem. I accidentally watched 2 movies on HDR game mode in the past week and didn't realize until later. I went back and A-B the HDR game to HDR standard and there was no noticeable change in brightness on a C6.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.70 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14914 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,326
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
This seems to be a B6 only problem. I accidentally watched 2 movies on HDR game mode in the past week and didn't realize until later. I went back and A-B the HDR game to HDR standard and there was no noticeable change in brightness on a C6.
Correct B series only, hence my call out to fellow B series owners to report the issue to LG support. Unfortunately us B and C series owners got stuck sharing the same thread.

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch
bpmurr is offline  
post #14915 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,509
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
Correct B series only, hence my call out to fellow B series owners to report the issue to LG support. Unfortunately us B and C series owners got stuck sharing the same thread.
Sorry - Sometimes its hard to separate out the two models in this mega-thread. I didn't see any posts clarifying that it was not a C6 issue so I wanted to chime in.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.70 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
post #14916 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,326
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Sorry - Sometimes its hard to separate out the two models in this mega-thread. I didn't see any posts clarifying that it was not a C6 issue so I wanted to chime in.
No problem it's helpful for the C series owners to know it doesn't apply to them. Just to confirm on your C Series HDR Standard and HDR Game mode look just as bright with OLED Light set to 100? The B series firmware 4.30.77 that first introduced Game Mode was this way, but then 4.31.10 HDR Game mode is noticeably dimmer. This continues into the 4.31.15 firmware on the B series.

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch

Last edited by bpmurr; 04-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.
bpmurr is offline  
post #14917 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Member
 
Kyle2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Can any C6 owners please share their picture settings for 3D Blu-Rays? I have been using defaults myself with the only changes being to tru-motion to remove the soap opera effect.
Kyle2016 is offline  
post #14918 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Member
 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Cool! That's where I'm going today to get it then! Gotta have all matching steel book blu rays! Lol!
The steelbook Best Buy Edition is the 3D version the regular blu-ray not steelbook.
HD KOOL-AID is offline  
post #14919 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD KOOL-AID View Post
The steelbook Best Buy Edition is the 3D version the regular blu-ray not steelbook.
Oh man that sucks.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14920 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,914
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6847 Post(s)
Liked: 6843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
Rogue One steel book is a Best Buy exclusive.
I liked how that movie rolled right into the the very first Star Wars to hit theaters. Episode IV.....
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #14921 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I liked how that movie rolled right into the the very first Star Wars to hit theaters. Episode IV.....
Me too! It should be labeled episode 3 1/2! It goes perfectly right into episode 4. Vader was sweet!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14922 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Member
 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Oh man that sucks.
You just have to pay 5 bucks more for that version it comes with 3d version and reg blu-ray.

Last edited by HD KOOL-AID; 04-05-2017 at 10:44 AM.
HD KOOL-AID is offline  
post #14923 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD KOOL-AID View Post
You just have to pay 5 bucks more for that version it comes with 3d version and reg blu-ray I picked up that version
Oh ok thanks! Yeah that's what I'll do then! It's worth the extra $5 even if I can't use the 3D blu ray copy. Actually I still could cuz I have my old Panasonic VT30 Plasma which has awesome 3D!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14924 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Member
 
Jacob22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Anyone planning on picking up the LG UHD player? It appears to be releasing on April 9th (bestbuy website). LG site says it supports YouTube HDR.
Jacob22 is offline  
post #14925 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Member
 
mdsjedi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Yes this update just did what PC mode was doing for 60 Hz motion. PC mode is no longer required anymore (unless you're using...a PC)

However the update DID NOT fix 24P over 60P stutter.

It's still recommended that you watch all your 24P content with native 24hz output.

Well it's better than nothing
Thank you so much for all of your contributions to this thread!

I am still learning, but can you tell me how we know what is native 24P vs. 60P?

And, if 24P is traditional blu-rays at 1080, will most blu-ray players have the option you're suggesting in the device menu?
mdsjedi44 is offline  
post #14926 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Daryl L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 3,473
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg823 View Post
Yea I dunno why it's showing corrupted when I go to unzip though, I've downloaded it 5 times so far and same every time.
Try a different browser and be sure to temporarily disable any VPN or Ad blocking you may have running. Just a suggestion.

Someone else had success previously after trying to different browser.

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
Daryl L is offline  
post #14927 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NashGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsjedi44 View Post
Thank you so much for all of your contributions to this thread!

I am still learning, but can you tell me how we know what is native 24P vs. 60P?

And, if 24P is traditional blu-rays at 1080, will most blu-ray players have the option you're suggesting in the device menu?
Nearly all movies and scripted TV series on Blu-ray are in 24p (24 frames per second, p=progressive scan). That same kind of content is usually in 24p from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and VUDU if you're using those apps built into your LG OLED. In the TV's picture mode setting, make sure that you have the RealCinema feature turned on. The TV's apps will just automatically serve up content at 24p if it's encoded that way. Your Blu-ray player may or may not automatically output content at its native 24p. You'll want to go into its set-up menus and look for something labeled "24p output" or "output". You want it set so that it's doing 24p (or it may say "1080p24").
NashGuy is offline  
post #14928 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
sechev00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Nearly all movies and scripted TV series on Blu-ray are in 24p (24 frames per second, p=progressive scan). That same kind of content is usually in 24p from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and VUDU if you're using those apps built into your LG OLED. In the TV's picture mode setting, make sure that you have the RealCinema feature turned on. The TV's apps will just automatically serve up content at 24p if it's encoded that way. Your Blu-ray player may or may not automatically output content at its native 24p. You'll want to go into its set-up menus and look for something labeled "24p output" or "output". You want it set so that it's doing 24p (or it may say "1080p24").


So LG fixed the motion on B6 for 60 but not 24? 24p content would most likely need some sort of Tru Motion User setting configured still I'm assuming?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
sechev00 is offline  
post #14929 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Birdie41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cochrane, AB
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie41 View Post
No worries I should have posted my firmware as well in my first post...

After some tests yesterday evening (Bluray - Cable TV - Netflix - Youtube) I can say that I have seen a 95% improvement in regards to the judder compared to the 4.31.12 firmware. I only noticed it a little bit in certain scenes but you really have to look for it now.
Good thing LG keeps supporting their products this way, I really hated the judder that I noticed before.

Also did the Clear Panel Noise option this morning but had to leave after it was done, just wanted to try it out. Anyone any experience selecting this? Is it only for burn-in or does it actually clears some color noise , as I have noticed it watching a diversity of movies..?
UPDATE 05/04/2017: I think I have to change my sense of happiness about the new firmware, I watched the new Planet Earth 2 UHD/HDR bluray over the weekend and although this is THE UHD demo Bluray for 4K TV's there was still noticable blur around fast moving animals in this case. Very annoying! I will have to try some different Trumotion settings but the blur took away from the great picture quality of the bluray. Then Im thinking wow, we live in 2017 (okay 2016 TV) and we are still watching motion blur on our $3000+ TV's? Maybe TV manufacturers already know how to fix it but they only give us mini improvements so on the B7 its ALMOST gone? Maybe by 2030 when the B19 version hits the markets we finally have judder and motion blur free TV's, or OLED might be obsolete by then and replaced by.....whatever they have then: a transparent glass plate with mini 30K projectors inside...ok let me stop here before they put me in a straight jacket...

LG 65C8 OLED TV
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Birdie41 is offline  
post #14930 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
sechev00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie41 View Post
UPDATE 05/04/2017: I think I have to change my sense of happiness about the new firmware, I watched the new Planet Earth 2 UHD/HDR bluray over the weekend and although this is THE UHD demo Bluray for 4K TV's there was still noticable blur around fast moving animals in this case. Very annoying! I will have to try some different Trumotion settings but the blur took away from the great picture quality of the bluray. Then Im thinking wow, we live in 2017 (okay 2016 TV) and we are still watching motion blur on our $3000+ TV's? Maybe TV manufacturers already know how to fix it but they only give us mini improvements so on the B7 its ALMOST gone? Maybe by 2030 when the B19 version hits the markets we finally have judder and motion blur free TV's, or OLED might be obsolete by then and replaced by.....whatever they have then: a transparent glass plate with mini 30K projectors inside...ok let me stop here before they put me in a straight jacket...
I feel like I noticed the judder even on the animation where it shows the Earth with the black drop background right before it shows Planet Earth II. I had to use DJ set to 3 and DB to 0. That made it much better for me and I feel like the PQ was still amazing.
sechev00 is offline  
post #14931 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Member
 
Birdie41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cochrane, AB
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
I feel like I noticed the judder even on the animation where it shows the Earth with the black drop background right before it shows Planet Earth II. I had to use DJ set to 3 and DB to 0. That made it much better for me and I feel like the PQ was still amazing.
Ok I will try those settings out tonight, PQ is just amazing but I really hated the blur around fast moving animals. Thank you for your input!

LG 65C8 OLED TV
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Birdie41 is offline  
post #14932 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
sechev00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 521
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie41 View Post
Ok I will try those settings out tonight, PQ is just amazing but I really hated the blur around fast moving animals. Thank you for your input!
I'm thankful for the other users here who have recommended DJ-3 and DB-0 so I'm just spreading the love haha! It was noticeable for me having Tru Motion off and then watching the same scene with the suggested Tru Motion settings and thought wow, how is this not the default to eliminate the motion issues?! Let me know how that works for you though!
sechev00 is offline  
post #14933 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Oh ok thanks! Yeah that's what I'll do then! It's worth the extra $5 even if I can't use the 3D blu ray copy. Actually I still could cuz I have my old Panasonic VT30 Plasma which has awesome 3D!
Just went to Best Buy and they sold out of all the Steel Book Rogue One copies. They said if you don't get them on day 1 then that's it. Sucks!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14934 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:46 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
I'm thankful for the other users here who have recommended DJ-3 and DB-0 so I'm just spreading the love haha! It was noticeable for me having Tru Motion off and then watching the same scene with the suggested Tru Motion settings and thought wow, how is this not the default to eliminate the motion issues?! Let me know how that works for you though!
Like I said deblur 0 and DJ 2-3 is the best setting on OLED. This should be default setting!

I'm now using dejudder2 however. 3 was great but just a little bit too much artefacts. 2 give me almost 0 of them.
KB77Hell and sechev00 like this.
Quebecker is offline  
post #14935 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
So LG fixed the motion on B6 for 60 but not 24? 24p content would most likely need some sort of Tru Motion User setting configured still I'm assuming?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every OLED need some form of trumotion.

Even the new Sony OLED are Juddering badly without motionflow​.
john fusco likes this.
Quebecker is offline  
post #14936 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Member
 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Just went to Best Buy and they sold out of all the Steel Book Rogue One copies. They said if you don't get them on day 1 then that's it. Sucks!
Try the target or Walmart exclusive edition not sure if they are steel book but have collectible covers or packaging. Best Buy seems to sell out quick need to go early.
HD KOOL-AID is offline  
post #14937 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Bleeding Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I updated to the new firmware version 4.31.15. Since then, less than three minutes after I turn on the TV, with any input or source, the screen saver comes on. Not the one with the picture slide show, but the one with the black screen and colored dots. This happens every time I turn on the TV, and I have to hit any button on the TV remote to make it go away. Has anyone else seen this?

LG OLED65B6P-U, Revel B15a (2), SVS Ultra Towers, Anthem MRX 720, TiVo Roamio OTA, Apple TV 4K, Sony PS3, LG UP870, Panamax MAX 5500
Bleeding Edge is offline  
post #14938 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD KOOL-AID View Post
Try the target or Walmart exclusive edition not sure if they are steel book but have collectible covers or packaging. Best Buy seems to sell out quick need to go early.
Ok thank you

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14939 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
Can any C6 owners please share their picture settings for 3D Blu-Rays? I have been using defaults myself with the only changes being to tru-motion to remove the soap opera effect.
That's actually the one setting I've never looked into, maybe because I feel I've never had to! My set looks fantastic and I've never noticed an issue in 3D content. I use my standard settings on isfD as far as I know but I'll check and see if anything changes in the settings when it kicks into 3D mode. These are my settings:

OLED Light: 85
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 52
H/V Sharpness 5/5
Colour: 50
Tint: 0

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Colour Gamut: Normal
Edge Enhancer: off
Colour Filter: Off
Gamma: BT.1886
White Balance: See Below
Colour Temperature: Warm 2

Noise reduction: off
Mpeg noise reduction: Auto
Motion Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: User (De-Judder:2 De-Blur:10) I have also been experimenting with DJ at 3 and DB at 0 as was suggested by Quebecker

White Balance 2 Point:
High
Red: 9
Green: 5
Blue: 2

Low
Red: 0
Green: -16
Blue: 0

White Balance 20 Point:
5 Luminance: -8
10 Luminance: -6
15 Luminance: -7
20 Luminance: -6
25 Luminance: -7
30 Luminance: -7
35 Luminance: -6
40 Luminance: -3
45 Luminance: -4
50 Luminance: +1
55 Luminance: +4
60 onwards no changes

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #14940 of 28333 Old 04-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Member
 
mdsjedi44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Nearly all movies and scripted TV series on Blu-ray are in 24p (24 frames per second, p=progressive scan). That same kind of content is usually in 24p from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and VUDU if you're using those apps built into your LG OLED. In the TV's picture mode setting, make sure that you have the RealCinema feature turned on. The TV's apps will just automatically serve up content at 24p if it's encoded that way. Your Blu-ray player may or may not automatically output content at its native 24p. You'll want to go into its set-up menus and look for something labeled "24p output" or "output". You want it set so that it's doing 24p (or it may say "1080p24").

Thank you for your response, but I am a bit confused about this - you are suggesting to set the source device to 24p (in my case the Oppo 203), but the firmware specifies a fix to judder at 60. How would that help?

If almost everything is in 24 fps, then it sounds like this firmware update doesn't help much.
mdsjedi44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off