2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 508 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264310Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15211 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 05:59 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Klein View Post
Anyone see the kind of severe clouding shown in this image? I have an LG 55 B6P, that's about four months since purchase (one year warranty), and this just showed up for the first time today.

I ran the self-correction / cleaning, and it seems to have gone away ...

Is this a concern, or normal?
You live in a nice place!

Your plant is pretty nice,

Is this your wife in the back with the remote control, oh and your daughter just next to you ? Look like an happy family, Say hello!

Anyway, I don't really see the clouding, there's just too much reflection.

Last edited by Quebecker; 04-12-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Quebecker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15212 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
jtrosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
You live in a nice place!

Your plant is pretty nice,

Is this your wife in the back with the remote control, oh and your daughter just next to you ? Look like an happy family, Say hello!

Anyway, I don't really see the clouding, there's just too much reflection.
I think that he's referring to the black mark on the left side of the screen (around the middle vertically).... Which looks horrible - that does not look normal to me!

Sent from my Hi10 plus using Tapatalk
jtrosky is online now  
post #15213 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Kyle2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
I think that he's referring to the black mark on the left side of the screen (around the middle vertically).... Which looks horrible - that does not look normal to me!

Sent from my Hi10 plus using Tapatalk
That mark looks like a reflection too me.
Kyle2016 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15214 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
That room is really too bright to actually analyze it. Way to many reflections. Can you do it again tonight when there's not as much reflection?

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15215 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
2016 OLED TV Owners Need to See This

I just happened on a new Consumer Reports review of the new high end Samsung and Sony 65" LCD tvs. Interesting review, but the real crux of the matter for me was this quote from the "Bottom Line" section:

"Both these TVs now sit near the top of our TV ratings, topped only by LG's 2016 OLED TVs, which are still available. (The first LG 2017 OLED TV is now in our lab.)"

Daryl L, Tom C, mttpalmer and 3 others like this.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #15216 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
I just happened on a new Consumer Reports review of the new high end Samsung and Sony 65" LCD tvs. Interesting review, but the real crux of the matter for me was this quote from the "Bottom Line" section:

"Both these TVs now sit near the top of our TV ratings, topped only by LG's 2016 OLED TVs, which are still available. (The first LG 2017 OLED TV is now in our lab.)"

Woohoo I like it! 2016 LG OLED's still rockin'!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15217 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
sechev00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
I just happened on a new Consumer Reports review of the new high end Samsung and Sony 65" LCD tvs. Interesting review, but the real crux of the matter for me was this quote from the "Bottom Line" section:



"Both these TVs now sit near the top of our TV ratings, topped only by LG's 2016 OLED TVs, which are still available. (The first LG 2017 OLED TV is now in our lab.)"





LG OLED - crème de la crème


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Superman23 likes this.

LG OLED65C9 ~ LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
sechev00 is offline  
post #15218 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
HD KOOL-AID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Fortunately, I haven't had recurring problems with any other app, so no, I haven't had to delete and re-install anything but Hulu. As for the edit function, yeah, I think I just stumbled across it. The iconography seemed pretty intuitive: there's a pencil icon on the Edit Mode app, and then when you click up on an app while in Edit Mode, a little skull appears above it, which seemed to indicate "kill this app" and, sure enough, if you click up again onto the skull, the app is deleted.

As for the troublesome Hulu app, I'm hoping that it will get a major update soon, when Hulu rolls out their optional live TV service, with a revamped UI for the app. If they update their LG app to accommodate those changes, perhaps that will take care of the existing bugs. (But, then again, it may introduce new ones, ha!)
If your just hold down enter/ok button while highlighting app you can enter edit mode quicker and and just push enter again to delete app or move it. tried it with vudu app when it would not load.
RIppolito and NashGuy like this.
HD KOOL-AID is offline  
post #15219 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wilbur_the_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,347
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 277
BTW - I hooked up my new Roku Ultra yesterday. The PQ and stability are great, BUT there is no Dolby Vision on Amazon.
wilbur_the_goose is offline  
post #15220 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
Elton Noway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Klein View Post
Anyone see the kind of severe clouding shown in this image? I have an LG 55 B6P, that's about four months since purchase (one year warranty), and this just showed up for the first time today.

I ran the self-correction / cleaning, and it seems to have gone away ...

Is this a concern, or normal?
I would not call it normal... ( Provided... the "severe clouding you are referring to is the black streaked section - outlined in purple ) Granted, your photo has a lot of reflections from a lot of different sources, with different levels of brightness and contrast but "none" of the reflections cast a reflection as black as the outlined area. For this reason I would not call it a reflection and believe it is your area of concern. However... if I am completely wrong... please provide more detail as to what you are calling severe clouding and where on the screen you see the problem.

As to the area I outlined... it almost looks like IR (image retention) but I can't make out any discernible image. Did you or another member of your household leave a stationary image (e.g. photo or game) on the screen for a long period of time? Since the problem went away after you ran a compensation / cleaning cycle, it also sounds more like IR. All I can suggest is to keep an eye on it. If the same area presents the same problem you really need to try and capture a photo of it "without" any background reflections. Try waiting until after dark or angling the TV to minimize the amount of reflections. NOTE: Capturing a good photo of the problem is not as important for the benefit of posting it on this forum... as it is for you if you need to file a claim with LG. When it comes to describing a problem in relation to a warranty claim ... a picture is worth a thousand words.

Elton Noway is offline  
post #15221 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
That mark looks like a reflection too me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
That room is really too bright to actually analyze it. Way to many reflections. Can you do it again tonight when there's not as much reflection?
Agreed
Superman23 likes this.

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15222 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,270
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7036 Post(s)
Liked: 7070
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
Perfect, unfortunately the 65" TV was a wee bit conspicuous in the back of my Grand Cherokee lol
Yes, no kidding. I had one guy pick up from Canada in Ohio his other budy wanted to come but he got caught trying not declaring stuff. They nailed him to the wall.......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #15223 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Yes, no kidding. I had one guy pick up from Canada in Ohio his other budy wanted to come but he got caught trying not declaring stuff. They nailed him to the wall.......
Not worth it, border security can be one gang of angry people. Bringing some car parts back 4 years ago they harassed me and my 8 month pregnant wife for over an hour in the middle of the summer even though we declared everything!

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15224 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
Not worth it, border security can be one gang of angry people. Bringing some car parts back 4 years ago they harassed me and my 8 month pregnant wife for over an hour in the middle of the summer even though we declared everything!
4 years ago after my honey moon to Punta Cana I got pulled over and they ripped my car apart! We were driving from Detroit to buffalo through Ontario for a wedding. Maybe they just assumed cuz I came from a 3rd world drug country? Not sure but I'm not gonna cut through Canada anymore. Unless it's to see the Leafs, Hab's or Senators play. Then I might take a chance. LOL! Go Leafs by the way!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15225 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Dolby vision on Netflix has too many grain noise. How do I get rid of the noise?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
pssriram16 is offline  
post #15226 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
4 years ago after my honey moon to Punta Cana I got pulled over and they ripped my car apart! We were driving from Detroit to buffalo through Ontario for a wedding. Maybe they just assumed cuz I came from a 3rd world drug country? Not sure but I'm not gonna cut through Canada anymore. Unless it's to see the Leafs, Hab's or Senators play. Then I might take a chance. LOL! Go Leafs by the way!


Man, that sounds like a terrible experience… Nice to see my boys in blue back in the playoffs!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Superman23 likes this.

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15227 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,535
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssriram16 View Post
Dolby vision on Netflix has too many grain noise. How do I get rid of the noise?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's in the content. It's not DV's fault.
john fusco likes this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.80 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
post #15228 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
65c6 image "noise" and blotchy pixelation

I watch a decent amount of cable, and I know it's not the best source of quality picture content. But I noticed recently the image has deteriorated pretty quickly. Almost overnight, and I can't make any sense of it.

When watching RAW or Smackdown (on USA Network), I noticed terrible and unsightly "blotchiness" on the wrestlers faces. I'm not sure if it's the reflections of light on the people or what. But sometimes it's horrendous. You'll be looking at a person's face and their cheek will almost look pixelated and really blotchy. Any close-up shot looks great. But it seems when camera zooms out or when you see people in the crown in the background, they just look like blurry, pixelated blocks that make my eyes bleed.

I pretty much noticed it on most channels. Obviously, some better than others, but I'm noticing a LOT of noise and blurriness. Is there any suggestions of what this might be? Is it the cable (I have Frontier FIOS) or is it the TV? I tried clearing the panel noise in the options, but it hasn't done much.

I just forked out $2500 for this tv and the picture quality on cable downgraded immensely over the last week. I'm not as happy of an owner as I was a couple weeks ago when I bought it..
closure520 is offline  
post #15229 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,527
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Liked: 3908
65c6 image "noise" and blotchy pixelation

MY pq actually got better as the set aged you seem to having the opposite problem . compression artifacts tend to be accentuated on lg oleds . Very source dependant tho.

Never saw blockiness in faces tho usually near black is where it shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john fusco likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #15230 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,535
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
I watch a decent amount of cable, and I know it's not the best source of quality picture content. But I noticed recently the image has deteriorated pretty quickly. Almost overnight, and I can't make any sense of it.

When watching RAW or Smackdown (on USA Network), I noticed terrible and unsightly "blotchiness" on the wrestlers faces. I'm not sure if it's the reflections of light on the people or what. But sometimes it's horrendous. You'll be looking at a person's face and their cheek will almost look pixelated and really blotchy. Any close-up shot looks great. But it seems when camera zooms out or when you see people in the crown in the background, they just look like blurry, pixelated blocks that make my eyes bleed.

I pretty much noticed it on most channels. Obviously, some better than others, but I'm noticing a LOT of noise and blurriness. Is there any suggestions of what this might be? Is it the cable (I have Frontier FIOS) or is it the TV? I tried clearing the panel noise in the options, but it hasn't done much.

I just forked out $2500 for this tv and the picture quality on cable downgraded immensely over the last week. I'm not as happy of an owner as I was a couple weeks ago when I bought it..
Check your providers thread. I know you have Fios but Comcast has begun compressing the hell out of their channels to make more room. I had read that (Verizon) Fios had started doing the same thing, not sure about Frontier.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.80 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
post #15231 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
You live in a nice place!

Your plant is pretty nice,

Is this your wife in the back with the remote control, oh and your daughter just next to you ? Look like an happy family, Say hello!

Anyway, I don't really see the clouding, there's just too much reflection.
I like the windows.
mikek is offline  
post #15232 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Member
 
babator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 116
In addition to above suggestion, if you have custom color settings in the CMS, try resetting them - messing with the CMS can cause this kind of artifacting with LG televisions. The same for 20 point white balance settings Luminance values - although this problem was smaller(?) than the CMS problem.
babator is offline  
post #15233 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by babator View Post
In addition to above suggestion, if you have custom color settings in the CMS, try resetting them - messing with the CMS can cause this kind of artifacting with LG televisions. The same for 20 point white balance settings Luminance values - although this problem was smaller(?) than the CMS problem.
i'll try that. thank you! just to add, i haven't noticed many problems while playing PS4 or watching movies on Fire TV, or watching Netflix. i've just noticed this type of artifacting last night and i'll take a closer look at other sources tonight. but regardless, anything to help my cable experience will be much appreciated.
closure520 is offline  
post #15234 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
i'll try that. thank you! just to add, i haven't noticed many problems while playing PS4 or watching movies on Fire TV, or watching Netflix. i've just noticed this type of artifacting last night and i'll take a closer look at other sources tonight. but regardless, anything to help my cable experience will be much appreciated.
Unfortunately Cable and Satellite look like crap on our B6's. Not much we can really do about it. But I'm okay as long as my PS4 Pro / blu ray content look great. Now if all sources looked bad then I would be concerned.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15235 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
I just happened on a new Consumer Reports review of the new high end Samsung and Sony 65" LCD tvs. Interesting review, but the real crux of the matter for me was this quote from the "Bottom Line" section:

"Both these TVs now sit near the top of our TV ratings, topped only by LG's 2016 OLED TVs, which are still available. (The first LG 2017 OLED TV is now in our lab.)"

Honestly, not too surprised by this.

As a new(er) member of this board, I certainly don't want to indulge in an OLEDvLCD war; but what made me go from Plasma to OLED were the true blacks. I don't care what the peak brightness is on any of the high-end, new Samsung models. And I don't care what sets have the full-array local dimming, it's still not going to hit true black, and you're still going to have moments of edge lighting and logo/font blooming--and you're still not going to produce an image as that's as rich and has as much depth as an OLED.

SIDE NOTE: in relation to the motion issues I've seen people talk about in regard to LG's OLEDs: I don't think it's as bad as what people claim it is. Judder, to me, isn't that big of a deal. And with real cinema turned on for all film based content, I hardly, if ever, notice it.

But let's talk about how the motion on this panel is actually a strength. To me, this is the perfect set for gaming (if you're a console gamer, anyway)--and my complaint about the "wide colour gamut" being locked notwithstanding, the way it handles motion, especially from games like MGSV, The Last of Us Remastered, virtually all sports games, and several others like Battlefield 1, DOOM, Titanfall 2, etc, etc. that can run at 60FPS, is absolutely spectacular. There is virtually zero motion blur. It handles motion better for these games even better than any high-end Samsung or Panasonic plasma that I had before I upgraded to the B6.

So, to me, the OLED's instant processing time, can actually be used as a strength in many ways. It's definitely the perfect gaming monitor, especially since the input lag is noticeably lower since the launch of the B6.
mikek, roque13 and sechev00 like this.
TetraVaal is offline  
post #15236 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraVaal View Post
Honestly, not too surprised by this.

As a new(er) member of this board, I certainly don't want to indulge in an OLEDvLCD war; but what made me go from Plasma to OLED were the true blacks. I don't care what the peak brightness is on any of the high-end, new Samsung models. And I don't care what sets have the full-array local dimming, it's still not going to hit true black, and you're still going to have moments of edge lighting and logo/font blooming--and you're still not going to produce an image as that's as rich and has as much depth as an OLED.

SIDE NOTE: in relation to the motion issues I've seen people talk about in regard to LG's OLEDs: I don't think it's as bad as what people claim it is. Judder, to me, isn't that big of a deal. And with real cinema turned on for all film based content, I hardly, if ever, notice it.

But let's talk about how the motion on this panel is actually a strength. To me, this is the perfect set for gaming (if you're a console gamer, anyway)--and my complaint about the "wide colour gamut" being locked notwithstanding, the way it handles motion, especially from games like MGSV, The Last of Us Remastered, virtually all sports games, and several others like Battlefield 1, DOOM, Titanfall 2, etc, etc. that can run at 60FPS, is absolutely spectacular. There is virtually zero motion blur. It handles motion better for these games even better than any high-end Samsung or Panasonic plasma that I had before I upgraded to the B6.

So, to me, the OLED's instant processing time, can actually be used as a strength in many ways. It's definitely the perfect gaming monitor, especially since the input lag is noticeably lower since the launch of the B6.
Agreed! I love playing my PS4 Pro games on my B6. Gaming is just as good if not better than what it was in my ZT60. B6 is great for gaming.
bcwood, TetraVaal and sechev00 like this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15237 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Newbie
 
BT843's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Firmware 04.31.15 error unzipping

I have a B6 and when I extract the file from the zip I get a error in the message box.

Is the file still ok to update the tv with?

Anyone else getting this?

Attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zip error.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	2081385  
BT843 is offline  
post #15238 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Member
 
Birdie41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cochrane, AB
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraVaal View Post
Honestly, not too surprised by this.

As a new(er) member of this board, I certainly don't want to indulge in an OLEDvLCD war; but what made me go from Plasma to OLED were the true blacks. I don't care what the peak brightness is on any of the high-end, new Samsung models. And I don't care what sets have the full-array local dimming, it's still not going to hit true black, and you're still going to have moments of edge lighting and logo/font blooming--and you're still not going to produce an image as that's as rich and has as much depth as an OLED.

SIDE NOTE: in relation to the motion issues I've seen people talk about in regard to LG's OLEDs: I don't think it's as bad as what people claim it is. Judder, to me, isn't that big of a deal. And with real cinema turned on for all film based content, I hardly, if ever, notice it.

But let's talk about how the motion on this panel is actually a strength. To me, this is the perfect set for gaming (if you're a console gamer, anyway)--and my complaint about the "wide colour gamut" being locked notwithstanding, the way it handles motion, especially from games like MGSV, The Last of Us Remastered, virtually all sports games, and several others like Battlefield 1, DOOM, Titanfall 2, etc, etc. that can run at 60FPS, is absolutely spectacular. There is virtually zero motion blur. It handles motion better for these games even better than any high-end Samsung or Panasonic plasma that I had before I upgraded to the B6.

So, to me, the OLED's instant processing time, can actually be used as a strength in many ways. It's definitely the perfect gaming monitor, especially since the input lag is noticeably lower since the launch of the B6.
I totally agree here, I had a 65KS9800 Samsung LED TV for 2 days in February of this year and simply could not live with the blooming bleeding and regular TV broadcast looked simply horrible, not to mention the awful off angle viewing! Brightness was brighter but almost too bright needing sunglasses at bright scenes, which doesnt make any sense. I was happy when I exchanged this monster for a 55B6. Is our B6 perfect? No but it's the best TV you can buy at the moment...

LG 65C8 OLED TV
LG SJ9 Soundbar
Birdie41 is offline  
post #15239 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Member
 
dkbks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
I read someplace that Lucas Electrical is a major supplier of smoke for electronics, an offshoot from their automotive and electrical supply.
In the PC trade, we called this "Magic Smoke" If the machine lost its magic smoke, it wouldn't work any more (plus there was that funny burning smell).

LG 55C6P
Marantz SR5010
ELAC F5; C5; B6 Surrounds; A4 Atmos (2); Hsu Research VTF-1 MK3
Oppo UDP-203; Roku Premium+; Fire TV; Adcom 535 amp; Chromecast Audio
Sonograph SG3 'table
dkbks is offline  
post #15240 of 28468 Old 04-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Why so many Sony lovers are saying Lg oled video processing and motion is terrible
Any of you lg oled owner own both an oled and a sony?
If so, thats really true lg oled is **** due to the motion problems? Or they are just exaggerating..
Clement Afficial is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off