2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 511 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264255Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15301 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NashGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Posts: 1,544
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraVaal View Post
It's not even the motion they're complaining about, per se. It's judder, which is different, and primarily applies to slower panning shots, or slow, vertical camera movement. Keep in mind, these complaints are exclusively aimed at solely film based content that has been shot at 24fps.
No, it's not *just* judder that some of us have complained about. Yes, many of us do believe that the judder that naturally exists in 24fps (and 30fps) material is more noticeable on these OLEDs, probably due to technological differences in OLED vs. LCD and plasma.

But, aside from that, there are various types of flaws we have seen when TruMotion (LG's motion processing feature to reduce judder and blur) is turned on. It seems to exaggerate what are otherwise very slight glitches or stumbles in motion in broadcast TV (OTA and cable). It also causes weird motion anomalies when regular content is combined with animation in the same show (e.g. a newscaster at a desk with a superimposed story window over his shoulder, a meteorologist in front of a radar animation, shows like Son of Zorn). And turning de-judder on causes weird artifact haloes around fast-moving objects. (The higher you turn it up, the worse it gets. Although, to be fair, I've seen similar artifact haloes on other TVs, although maybe not as bad.)

That said, I do think that motion overall has improved since last fall when I got my B6. But even with the latest firmware, I still find that it's not worth having TruMotion turned on for broadcast TV. For everything else, I keep de-judder at 2 and it generally looks good, although there are still glitches now and then.
RichB, RIppolito and Superman23 like this.
NashGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15302 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
I have no idea what is an authorised dealer.

There's no such thing where I live. As long as the shop is a real store, they are all authorised and all come with the warranty (plus the extra Quebec Warranty).

For me unauthorised dealer is like a shady guys selling tv in a walmart parking lot
LOL! Quebec offers extra warranty too?! I wish Michigan did that! Why does Quebec get extra special treatment? Lol!
richlife likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15303 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
I have no idea what is an authorised dealer.

There's no such thing where I live. As long as the shop is a real store, they are all authorised and all come with the warranty (plus the extra Quebec Warranty).

For me unauthorised dealer is like a shady guys selling tv in a walmart parking lot
The good thing is over here you dont need to pay any amount to get stuff shipped to your home, even TVs! You pay by cash to the courrier haha
So I am losing nothing having the TV shipped to my home, and once I see it with my own eyes.. I will know if it is really LG C6 or not haha
I will need to do some tests though, I am planning on using slides to see if the TV isnt messed up, and play some 4k demo
Then if it is all good, I pay the courrier and thats it
Clement Afficial is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15304 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
The good thing is over here you dont need to pay any amount to get stuff shipped to your home, even TVs! You pay by cash to the courrier haha

So I am losing nothing having the TV shipped to my home, and once I see it with my own eyes.. I will know if it is really LG C6 or not haha

I will need to do some tests though, I am planning on using slides to see if the TV isnt messed up, and play some 4k demo

Then if it is all good, I pay the courrier and thats it


If you're going to use some slides, be prepared to see some nasty stuff. The sets typically need some time on plus calibration of some sort.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15305 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jond0 View Post
I'm going to guess this is your receiver as I do not have this problem with my optical connection, BUT I do get the random audio dropout here and there for a fraction of a second. Sometimes none at all for hours, and sometimes many in a row. I have tried a different optical cable and that did make it less noticeable somehow, but it still happens.
Others have said they have no problems like mine which leads me to believe it is my Yamaha pre amp doing it, but I didn't have this problem with my previous Samsung and optical cable so...
I've already had a mainboard swap and it's an LG software issue. I think it has to do with the fact that these TVs are downmixing DD+ feeds to DD/DTS and aren't doing a very good job. I put a TOSLINK switcher between my B6 and Yamaha receiver and the issue still exists; the switcher is doing the decoding at that point and then passing it on as I understand it, so it rules out the Yamaha.

Open a ticket with LG. Don't let their awful support prevent you from logging the bug so it gets fixed.
Jond0 likes this.
variableresults is offline  
post #15306 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
If you're going to use some slides, be prepared to see some nasty stuff. The sets typically need some time on plus calibration of some sort.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So thats not a good way to see if my TV is defective?
I also expect to play the demo LG chess and be blown away
Even if they make fake TVs, they can not 100% copy LG Oleds, not even 50%, and I can not be fooled that much
My theory is knowing how Ukraine is so corrupted, they must avoid taxes or something
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #15307 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Rtings conclusion for the C7 vs B6

The LG B6 is 2016's entry-level OLED TV. It's been replaced by the C7, but the difference between them is very minor. The picture quality is almost identical, and the input lag is the only real advancement, although the B6 is still pretty good in that regard. Considering the big price difference, almost nobody should be buying the C7 over the B6 from last year.
RIppolito, CRAZZZY, Jond0 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Quebecker; 04-13-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Quebecker is offline  
post #15308 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:41 PM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
LOL! Quebec offers extra warranty too?! I wish Michigan did that! Why does Quebec get extra special treatment? Lol!
It's an extra Warranty. For a 2k Tv is 3 more years generally (so a total of 4 years).

It's not an easy warranty, you have to harass the company with 2-3 emails and tell them about the Quebec Garantie Légale law.

My father got a free sony tv 4 years after he bought it. Sony didn't even check if his TV was really broken (it was), they just shipped him a brand new one and told him to keep the broken one.

Why we got special treatment? Well, it's a law, if a manufacturer want to sell any electronic in Quebec, he need to respect it. I guess it's more lucrative for them to just get on with it.

Last edited by Quebecker; 04-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Quebecker is offline  
post #15309 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Rtings conclusion for the B7 vs B6

The LG B6 is 2016's entry-level OLED TV. It's been replaced by the C7, but the difference between them is very minor. The picture quality is almost identical, and the input lag is the only real advancement, although the B6 is still pretty good in that regard. Considering the big price difference, almost nobody should be buying the C7 over the B6 from last year.
Yup, just like a lot of rumors said... real new panels and improvements are coming in 2018
Dont believe what some review sites say... a lot of them get paid by LG or want you to order new TV from their site
But the TV will be good after Black friday, even though its lacking 3D, for now its NOT worth it to pay $2k more for those 2018 Oled TVs
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #15310 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
It's an extra Warranty. For a 2k Tv is 3 more years generally (so a total of 4 years).

It's not an easy warranty, you have to harass the company with 2-3 emails and tell them about the Quebec Garantie Légale law.

My father got a free sony tv 4 years after he bought it. Sony didn't even check if his TV was really broken (it was), they just shipped it a brand new one and told him to keep the broken one.
Nice! I thought you were fooling around again! But I like it!
Quebecker likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15311 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
Yup, just like a lot of rumors said... real new panels and improvements are coming in 2018
Dont believe what some review sites say... a lot of them get paid by LG or want you to order new TV from their site
But the TV will be good after Black friday, even though its lacking 3D, for now its NOT worth it to pay $2k more for those 2018 Oled TVs
Rtings have the C7 at 8.7 overall and B6 at 8.6 overall! Glad there wasn't a huge improvement. Still happy with my B6!
januza likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15312 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Rtings have the C7 at 8.7 overall and B6 at 8.6 overall! Glad there wasn't a huge improvement. Still happy with my B6!
Yeah now I need my TV ordered real fast before its out of stock!!!!!!!!!
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #15313 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Rtings have the C7 at 8.7 overall and B6 at 8.6 overall! Glad there wasn't a huge improvement. Still happy with my B6!


I wonder what constitutes .1 difference?

Edit: darn speech to text!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15314 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
So thats not a good way to see if my TV is defective?

I also expect to play the demo LG chess and be blown away

Even if they make fake TVs, they can not 100% copy LG Oleds, not even 50%, and I can not be fooled that much

My theory is knowing how Ukraine is so corrupted, they must avoid taxes or something


No by all means use them, I'm just letting you'll more than likely see some deficiencies and not to be too alarmed unless they are really horrible. I feel like any little bit of banding makes an individual owner upset but as others say, and less you can see it in actual content then it shouldn't matter on the slide. Colour slides will be good to find out if you have dead/stuck pixels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15315 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Reviewed on Apr 13, 2017 By Daniel O'Keeffe , Ian Cumming, Eric Bousquet, Mehdi Azzabi
LG C7 OLED
TV REVIEW
USAGE RATINGS
8.7Mixed Usage Show Help
9.2Movies Show Help
8.4TV Shows Show Help
8.4Sports Show Help
8.9Video Games Show Help
9.0HDR Movies Show Help
8.9HDR Gaming Show Help
8.7PC Monitor Show Help

Reviewed on Jul 20, 2016 By Daniel O'Keeffe , Eric Bousquet
LG B6 OLED
TV REVIEW
USAGE RATINGS
8.6Mixed Usage Show Help
9.0Movies Show Help
8.3TV Shows Show Help
8.3Sports Show Help
8.5Video Games Show Help
9.0HDR Movies Show Help
8.6HDR Gaming Show Help
7.9PC Monitor Show Help

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #15316 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
richlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central NC
Posts: 1,528
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
Glad I got mine when I did, couldn't be happier! Now all I need is time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. If I had waited, I might have saved a few hundred -- or "out of stock".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
LOL! Quebec offers extra warranty too?! I wish Michigan did that! Why does Quebec get extra special treatment? Lol!
Taxes and some pretty strict regulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
No by all means use them, I'm just letting you'll more than likely see some deficiencies and not to be too alarmed unless they are really horrible. I feel like any little bit of banding makes an individual owner upset but as others say, and less you can see it in actual content then it shouldn't matter on the slide. Colour slides will be good to find out if you have dead/stuck pixels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only real issue with slides is that they can show problems that don't exist in real viewing. On the other hand, as soon as mine was hooked up (no slides) the PQ was really nice (tweaking made it better) and over time, minor things will just slowly vanish. So alike he said, don't get twerked up over the small stuff -- but if you see real problems that bother you, try again. That issue about "fake" LG is one I'm glad we (at least mostly) don't have. Best of luck!

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
richlife is offline  
post #15317 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Jond0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by variableresults View Post
I've already had a mainboard swap and it's an LG software issue. I think it has to do with the fact that these TVs are downmixing DD+ feeds to DD/DTS and aren't doing a very good job. I put a TOSLINK switcher between my B6 and Yamaha receiver and the issue still exists; the switcher is doing the decoding at that point and then passing it on as I understand it, so it rules out the Yamaha.

Open a ticket with LG. Don't let their awful support prevent you from logging the bug so it gets fixed.
Thanks, I have to say I have been experience dropouts less and less lately -- mainly on OTA and it's difficult to tell for sure if that is an actual audio dropout or minor signal interruption.
Jond0 is offline  
post #15318 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Member
 
Kyle2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So I notice my replacement tv has some gaps between the backing and the panel on the sides. Is this a problem? I hope not.
Kyle2016 is offline  
post #15319 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Elton Noway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
(snip...) the problem for me was my wife likes to watch TV while she cooks and our TV mounting location is at an angle when viewed from the kitchen. NET: We noticed some minor distortion when viewing off angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
I have definitely heard of this but I'd like to add from experience that my set has fantastic off angle accuracy IMO. I'm curious if you would agree, see pics. The door to my room is about a 70 degree angle to the tv so I see it a lot coming in and out of the room. I'ts obviously not perfect, but it's 70 degrees! I think like a lot of other features and factors of these sets, there can be quite a variance between panels. From some of the issues I've read about on here I feel I got a great panel.
I agree, the off angle viewing on these curve screens is fantastic with no loss of PQ or brightness. The off angle viewing distortion isn't bad when comparing the straight on to off angle viewing. Without side by side images like the ones you provided most people won't notice it... or even care.



To be fair... I had two reasons for returning the C6. One was the off angle viewing issue, the other was the reflection of two large windows I have that are directly behind the viewing area. The concave nature of the curve caused the reflection of the two windows to merge together at the center of the screen obscuring more than half of the viewing area. .

Last edited by Elton Noway; 04-13-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Elton Noway is offline  
post #15320 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
I agree, the off angle viewing on these curve screens is fantastic with no loss of PQ or brightness. The off angle viewing distortion isn't bad when comparing the straight on to off angle viewing. Without side by side images like the ones you provided most people won't notice it... or even care.



To be fair... I had two reasons for returning the C6. One was the off angle viewing issue, the other was the reflection of two large windows I have that are directly behind the viewing area. The concave nature of the curve caused the reflection of the two windows to merge together at the center of the screen obscuring more than half of the viewing area. .


Agreed, there's a lot of variety in viewing environments and sometimes what works for one does not for another. Good news is that both sets offer arguably the best PQ ever made!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15321 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Guys my external hdd is not recognized by my b6, flash drives do work properly. Is there something in particular i should have in mind? It is a mecanical Touro, nothing fancy.
posadajulian is offline  
post #15322 of 28354 Old 04-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT843 View Post
I have a B6 and when I extract the file from the zip I get a error in the message box.

Is the file still ok to update the tv with?

Anyone else getting this?

Attached screenshot.
I'm getting the same problem trying to download it today. Where you able to find a good copy of the zip file?
sterod is offline  
post #15323 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
B6 OLED owners, what is your manufactured date?

Mine is February 2017, which seemed kinda late to me considering the launch of the 2017 OLED models.
Michael Wegehaupt is offline  
post #15324 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
I think the HDD has to be formatted to FAT32
I really really really doubt that
FAT32 file size is limited, he would not be able to put any movie there
I think he just got a defective hard drive or cable
Quebecker likes this.
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #15325 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by posadajulian View Post
Guys my external hdd is not recognized by my b6, flash drives do work properly. Is there something in particular i should have in mind? It is a mecanical Touro, nothing fancy.
There you go http://www.lg.com/hk_en/support/prod...ternal-devices
As I said probably defective HDD or cable or something

Oh also I must add that maybe your HDD is too big
Or is it plugged? plugged external HDD often dont work with TVs
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #15326 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 06:49 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
I really really really doubt that
FAT32 file size is limited, he would not be able to put any movie there
I think he just got a defective hard drive or cable
Yup,

I put my HDR movies rip on a USB key in a NTFS format and it work great.

There's probably something else.
Quebecker is offline  
post #15327 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Member
 
Kyle2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Is it safe to clean dust from the screen and vents with compressed air?

Last edited by Kyle2016; 04-14-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Kyle2016 is offline  
post #15328 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
There you go http://www.lg.com/hk_en/support/prod...ternal-devices
As I said probably defective HDD or cable or something

Oh also I must add that maybe your HDD is too big
Or is it plugged? plugged external HDD often dont work with TVs
OK I will delete my post with the wrong information.

Also, a message will appear that you are using a unsupported file system. So yeah, it sounds like something defective like you are saying.

Last edited by mikek; 04-14-2017 at 08:28 AM.
mikek is offline  
post #15329 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
KB77Hell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2016 View Post
Is it safe to clean dust from the screen and vents with compressed air?


I prefer the soft brush attachment on a vacuum.

Edit: sorry to clarify, brush attachment for vents, microfiber cloth with distilled water for screen.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Superman23 likes this.

LG OLED65C6P
MARANTZ SR6011
OPPO UDP-203
PS4 PRO ~ XBOX ONE-S ~ PS3 ~ BELL FIBE
Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers in 7.1

Last edited by KB77Hell; 04-14-2017 at 09:34 AM.
KB77Hell is offline  
post #15330 of 28354 Old 04-14-2017, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
I use a swifter and a micro fiber cloth.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off