2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 516 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264247Likes

post #15451 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB77Hell View Post
Oh those African roads! Where have you moved to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ukraine for the moment
I also dont want to pay $4k for the TV, because I may also move out
You can not imagine how many times I moved out in my life haha I am always on the road (because I like it, not because I have to)
So I 100% prefer buying that gorgeous LG C6 now, then another TV in few years... I know I am winning in this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15452 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
By the way, I am moving out (changing apartments) soon but I want to buy my LG C6 before I move to another apartment because I dont want to wait 2 months
Is LG C6 very fragile? Or it should be safe?
And roads are very bumpy here haha
Hmmm.... as you may have read, the remaining 2016 models have been selling very quickly. If you wait two months you may not be able to find one for sale. As to your concern, these sets are pretty substantial. Yes and No. Please read on.

Obviously the panel itself, being so thin, is fragile from a bending and/or impact standpoint. If you don't unpack it and leave it in its original box it will be fine regardless of any bumps in the road. However "if" you want to take it out of the box to inspect it and watch it for the two months before you move just remember how it came out of the box. Save the box and "all" the original packing material. Make note of how all the Styrofoam inserts were placed in the box around the TV. Some of the Styrofoam inserts have a left and a right sides and will only go back in the box one way. The packing inserts were specifically designed to protect the TV and panel against bangs and bumps during shipment. TIP: Use your cell phone to take pictures of the TV as you open the box and unpack it so you repack it just like it came from the factory.

HOWEVER... "if" you buy it now, unpack it, and throw the box and packing material away, and then attempt to move it... then I would say "Yes" the TV is pretty fragile. You don't want to put any pressure on the front of the panel when lifting it. The panel frames are very thin and they bend easily. There is not much to grab or hold on to when moving these around so care must be taken. Could it be moved without the original box? Sure. But putting one of these high dollar sets in the back of a truck wrapped in a blanket, surround by a bunch of other furniture would make me a nervous wreck. If you are the person moving it and you take special care handling it, you should be okay. But if you are paying someone else to move your stuff or you or letting your buddies help, be aware that not everyone knows the right way to handle or move big screen TV's.

post #15453 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Hmmm.... as you may have read, the remaining 2016 models have been selling very quickly. If you wait two months you may not be able to find one for sale. As to your concern, these sets are pretty substantial. Yes and No. Please read on.

Obviously the panel itself, being so thin, is fragile from a bending and/or impact standpoint. However, if you don't unpack it and leave it in its original box it will be fine regardless of any bumps in the road. However "if" you want to take it out of the box to inspect it and watch it for the two months before you move just remember how it came out of the box. Save the box and "all" the original packing material. Make note of how all the Styrofoam inserts were placed in the box around the TV. Some of the Styrofoam inserts have a left and a right sides and will only go back in the box one way. The packing inserts were specifically designed to protect the TV and panel against bangs and bumps during shipment. TIP: Use your cell phone to take pictures of the TV as you open the box and unpack it so you repack it just like it came from the factory.

HOWEVER... "if" you buy it now, unpack it, and throw the box and packing material away, and then attempt to move it... then I would say "Yes" the TV is pretty fragile. You don't want to put any pressure on the front of the panel when lifting it. The panel frames are very thin and they bend easily. There is not much to grab or hold on to when moving these around so care must be taken. Could it be moved without the original box? Sure. But putting one of these high dollar sets in the back of a truck wrapped in a blanket, surround by a bunch of other furniture would make me a nervous wreck. If you are the person moving it and you take special care handling it, you should be okay. But if you are paying someone else to move your stuff or you or letting your buddies help, be aware that not everyone knows the right way to handle or move big screen TV's.

Thanks for the info, yeah you are right, I cant take the risk of missing this amazing TV haha
Ok I will leave everything as it is in the box
I cant wait till I have this new baby at home!!!
I will also try Doctor Strange 3d, I heard amazing things about this 3d movie, even though I already saw it in 4k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15454 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Quote:
Yes I plan to keep the box and all the stuff inside
But I guess even when you buy from stores, those TV travels a lot of kms
So it should be fine, I will be extra extra careful..
@Elton Noway has already provided great commentary -- I agree. Two more things. There are several YouTube videos about unpacking -- but as far as I know, only one actually shows the recommended LG procedure (including open the box, lay the tv over and support it with two of the styrofoam inserts). I would agree that the biggest danger you face is having someone to doesn't know how to handle the tv -- don't grab or pull on that thin upper part of the panel. Support at the bottom and don't wrap your hands around the upper panel at all.

My installers were unorthodox, but they did two things that I much appreciated. No grabbing that upper panel AND set the stand up first in proper position and immediately put the tv into the stand and bolt it. Now you have a stable upright tv and can better take care of the handling details.

Good luck. Note that in the US, some of these 2017 LG OLEDs are going UP in price. Supply and demand!

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
post #15455 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post
@Elton Noway has already provided great commentary -- I agree. Two more things. There are several YouTube videos about unpacking -- but as far as I know, only one actually shows the recommended LG procedure (including open the box, lay the tv over and support it with two of the styrofoam inserts). I would agree that the biggest danger you face is having someone to doesn't know how to handle the tv -- don't grab or pull on that thin upper part of the panel. Support at the bottom and don't wrap your hands around the upper panel at all.

My installers were unorthodox, but they did two things that I much appreciated. No grabbing that upper panel AND set the stand up first in proper position and immediately put the tv into the stand and bolt it. Now you have a stable upright tv and can better take care of the handling details.

Good luck. Note that in the US, some of these 2017 LG OLEDs are going UP in price. Supply and demand!
Thats also great advice!
I will remember to supervise well the unboxing , also yeah you cannot trust any courier, it is not their TV so they dont care.
Some are good and polite though.
post #15456 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlife View Post

The tv designer and packing designer weren't on the same page. The sticker with unpacking instructions wasn't obvious to me until I had already removed the tv from the styrofoam. Therefore I did t know I was supposed to lay it flat. I lifted it straight out of the box and u MUST grab the screen to do that. There should be little finger slots on the rear plastic box for moving the tv around while u wall mount it.
That Samsung i had before this had the instructions right on the to of the box where it was difficult to miss.
post #15457 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza View Post
The tv designer and packing designer weren't on the same page. The sticker with unpacking instructions wasn't obvious to me until I had already removed the tv from the styrofoam. Therefore I did t know I was supposed to lay it flat. I lifted it straight out of the box and u MUST grab the screen to do that. There should be little finger slots on the rear plastic box for moving the tv around while u wall mount it.
That Samsung i had before this had the instructions right on the to of the box where it was difficult to miss.
You're certainly right about that! All of it!

I mentioned my installers (Amazon white glove delivery -- standard free) were "unorthodox". After taking the top off the box and putting the stand in position right behind the box, they both reached down inside and grabbed "something", pulled it straight up out and then down onto the stand. Screwed in the bolts and we were gravy! What they grabbed to lift the tv is a bit of a mystery to me. On the left is a little ledge for the connectors to lift with, but on the right I could see nothing except the cord way down low. But they barely touched the top of the panel and mine remains perfectly flat still.

The really neat part of the whole thing was how they just lifted the tv straight up and right back down on that stand! By the time I had a chance to go around and look, they already had the bolts in. Entire setup time to plug in? About 2 minutes! From there they just had to lift the tv onto my cabinet base. I stopped them just long enough to plug in the HDMI cable from my AVR. So by the time they packed the shipping material, I had Directv up and was verifying that I got one of the good ones!

Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
post #15458 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I watched 'The Martian' on 4K/HDR last night.

My God. Oh, my God. That film, IMO, represents the best usage of HDR10 as far as content that is currently available at the moment. The amount of detail, and depth, that you could see in the spacesuits and rovers, was absolutely insane to experience.

Great film, by the way. Probably features the best production design of any sci-fi film since District 9--and is arguably the most visually impressive film from Ridley Scott since Alien and Blade Runner.

Also, do people here use blu-ray.com as a reference for what you're looking for in video quality? I'm a bit skeptical of them as of late, as they rewarded the Planet Earth II 4K BD a perfect 5/5 for its picture quality, but quite a few episodes still feature a lot of 'noise' and visual artifacts. I'm assuming this is just inconsistent mastering of HDR10 for this content, but it's still noticeable enough to drop the quality of that content down to a 3.5/5, possibly 4/5 at best.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing, and again, it's in regard to motion: the video processor on the OPPO 203 is an absolute STUNNER. I already didn't have any experiences with 'judder' or motion issues others have reported, but I did notice the motion altogether is WAY smoother when playing BDs on the OPPO compared to the XB1s.
Bleeding Edge and john fusco like this.

Last edited by TetraVaal; 04-16-2017 at 03:22 PM.
post #15459 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is there anyway to tell the set to turn off if it doesn't get a signal after a certain period of time? My old LCD had this feature, but all I can find on the C6 is the ability to shut down at a certain time. I'm using it hooked to a PC which has sleep turned on, but then the TV moves to a slide show.
post #15460 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 146
^ My C6 shuts off after several minutes of non use and I don't have any energy saving mode or sleep timers engaged. I don't like it but it may be some sort of protection system built in.
post #15461 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder45 View Post
Is there anyway to tell the set to turn off if it doesn't get a signal after a certain period of time? My old LCD had this feature, but all I can find on the C6 is the ability to shut down at a certain time. I'm using it hooked to a PC which has sleep turned on, but then the TV moves to a slide show.
Just ran across that in the "manual" which says it will shut off after 15 minutes with no signal. What I didn't see is if there was any way to change that time, I'd prefer 5 minutes, though of course with an all black screen it shouldn't be drawing huge amounts of power.
post #15462 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza View Post
Interesting... with my B6 the instructions for unpacking were printed in color right on the top edge of the box, (i.e., sliding off the outside cardboard sleeve, inserting the long Styrofoam pieces into the box to give it internal support and then laying the TV face down on the box.) Once it was face down on the box I attached the stand. That's when things got tricky. "After" unpacking and laying it down. I found the envelope with the unboxing instructions that were packed "inside" the box with the TV. They warned the installer about grasping the screen, i.e., do not wrap your fingers around the screen, do do grasp the screen to lift it etc. The instructions said to use the left and right side Styrofoam edge pieces to lift it. It's not impossible but it we found it difficult. My wife and I were afraid the TV would slip and fall if we didn't maintain constant pressure towards each other. We ended up running a strap all the way around the TV and Styrofoam pieces which held them in place, then we rotated up it into a standing position. Whew!

Later on... I found this Youtube video of a guy doing the unbox and setup "by himself". Wish I would have seen it first. If interested on how its done... you really only need to watch the first 4 minutes.
post #15463 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Interesting... with my B6 the instructions for unpacking were printed in color right on the top edge of the box, (i.e., sliding off the outside cardboard sleeve, inserting the long Styrofoam pieces into the box to give it internal support and then laying the TV face down on the box.) Once it was face down on the box I attached the stand. That's when things got tricky. "After" unpacking and laying it down. I found the envelope with the unboxing instructions that were packed "inside" the box with the TV. They warned the installer about grasping the screen, i.e., do not wrap your fingers around the screen, do do grasp the screen to lift it etc. The instructions said to use the left and right side Styrofoam edge pieces to lift it. It's not impossible but it we found it difficult. My wife and I were afraid the TV would slip and fall if we didn't maintain constant pressure towards each other. We ended up running a strap all the way around the TV and Styrofoam pieces which held them in place, then we rotated up it into a standing position. Whew!

Later on... I found this Youtube video of a guy doing the unbox and setup "by himself". Wish I would have seen it first. If interested on how its done... you really only need to watch the first 4 minutes.
OLED 65B6P Unboxing & Setup
Yeah I remember when I got my B6 in February. I still can't get over how they wanted us to lay the tv flat on its screen? Out of all of TV's I've ever owned (LCD & Plasma). I've never laid a tv on its face. But thankfully I followed the instructions and verything turned out fine.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #15464 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it true that the B6 OLED can accept and display a 75 Hz 1080p signal?
post #15465 of 28332 Old 04-16-2017, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
As a new owner of the OLED65B6P I really appreciate the help I have gotten from this forum. But I will apologize ahead of time because I'm sure this issue I'm about to describe has been discussed before but I was unable to find anything in the 700+ page thread.

So Yesterday I turned on my tv and got a weird green/pink tented picture. I immediately turned the tv off and back on and the picture was back to normal. I then when to the picture test in the setting menu and failed

So I reset the initial setting and re-ran the test and all was well. After playing a round for a bit I realized that when I enabled ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR that was the source of the failed test and mostly the cause of the weird green/pink tented screen issue I described earlier.

Based on my experience with the previous hdr tv I've owned I thought I could leave this deep color setting on even when I'm watching normal non hdr content with out any issue. I run everything through an av receiver then out to my tv into hdmi port 4. Am I wrong for thinking this? I imagine it would be a bit annoying to have to alway engage disengage this setting based on the content you wanted to watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Secondly :

I would like to have my tv calibrated but I'm of the understanding you should have approx 200 hour of display time before the proper calibration can be done. Is 200 hrs the proper breakin time? And how in the world do I find out how much time is on my display? I assumed some kind of service menu. Could some explain how I can access my tvs service menu if that's is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #15466 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 02:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OLED 65B6P Unboxing & Setup

Do I really have to cut the package bellow?
Or is it another way to open it without using a knife in case my Tv is defective and I want to return it
I was planning on laying the Tv on my bed then opening the box and slowly pulling the Tv, or I can lay the Tv flat on my bed, then opening the box bellow then putting it back on the floor instead of cutting it
post #15467 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Donkey View Post
As a new owner of the OLED65B6P I really appreciate the help I have gotten from this forum. But I will apologize ahead of time because I'm sure this issue I'm about to describe has been discussed before but I was unable to find anything in the 700+ page thread.

So Yesterday I turned on my tv and got a weird green/pink tented picture. I immediately turned the tv off and back on and the picture was back to normal. I then when to the picture test in the setting menu and failed

So I reset the initial setting and re-ran the test and all was well. After playing a round for a bit I realized that when I enabled ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR that was the source of the failed test and mostly the cause of the weird green/pink tented screen issue I described earlier.

Based on my experience with the previous hdr tv I've owned I thought I could leave this deep color setting on even when I'm watching normal non hdr content with out any issue. I run everything through an av receiver then out to my tv into hdmi port 4. Am I wrong for thinking this? I imagine it would be a bit annoying to have to alway engage disengage this setting based on the content you wanted to watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Secondly :

I would like to have my tv calibrated but I'm of the understanding you should have approx 200 hour of display time before the proper calibration can be done. Is 200 hrs the proper breakin time? And how in the world do I find out how much time is on my display? I assumed some kind of service menu. Could some explain how I can access my tvs service menu if that's is the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ultra deep color should only be enabled for HDR sources. I've not run into your problem, but that's likely what's causing the issue.

settings->general->about this tv->tv information
post #15468 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3815
Quote:
By the way, I am moving out (changing apartments) soon but I want to buy my LG C6 before I move to another apartment because I dont want to wait 2 months

Is LG C6 very fragile? Or it should be safe?

And roads are very bumpy here haha

keep the box and all packing materials you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #15469 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterod View Post
I'm getting the same problem trying to download it today. Where you able to find a good copy of the zip file?
No. Not yet.
post #15470 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT843 View Post
No. Not yet.
Try your download again, I did another download attempt the day after I posted this and a zip file I got was not corrupted that time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #15471 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wegehaupt View Post
Is it true that the B6 OLED can accept and display a 75 Hz 1080p signal?
Yes.

At least the US model.

Not really usefull, but it's possible.
Superman23 and Jedi_Donkey like this.
post #15472 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Hello i just got this tv Lg b6v 65inch model week ago, and now i want to try games with it. My pc is currently running on 2560x1440p resolution monitor...if i just hook up my pc to oled tv, does it accept this resolution...will it be able to upscale it to 4k? Also generally which is more prefererred with oled tv:s, gaming with consoles or pc? And is there a possibility of burn-ins if i use it with my pc..
post #15473 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6846 Post(s)
Liked: 6842
Quote:
That is correct, some will be gone in the next 2 weeks, good prices are pretty much over except for the E6P and G6P, might as well start researching 2017 models if the purchase date will be 2 months, the 7P'S.
richlife likes this.
post #15474 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Or is it another way to open it without using a knife in case my Tv is defective and I want to return it
I was planning on laying the Tv on my bed then opening the box and slowly pulling the Tv, or I can lay the Tv flat on my bed, then opening the box bellow then putting it back on the floor instead of cutting it
Hmmm.... I imagine you could take the TV out of the box with it laying flat but keep in mind it was designed and packed to be unboxed standing up. If you will be unboxing and setting it up by yourself I think the way the guy did it in the video I provided in my earlier post is probably the easiest.

As far as "cutting" the box... if yours is packed like mine was (i.e., the same way it was packed in the above video), with the two plastic packing straps wrapped vertically around the box, you don't need to cut the box. I know because I didn't cut my box. With the TV standing vertically as recommended by LG, once you cut the two packing straps, the top of the box can be slid up and off the TV as shown in the video. Truth be told, when it comes to repacking, cutting the two straps presents more of a problem than cutting the top of the box. This is because those two little straps hold the the TV and "all its contents" together as a single unit. If you watch the video and pause it around 1:10 you will see when the outer box is slid up and off, the TV and all the contents are sitting "in" a small cardboard tray at the bottom. So... "all" the weight of everything in the box is sitting in that little cardboard tray. After repacking, if you try to pick it up without the straps... the outer box will just slide off. Rather than cutting the straps, I first tried pulling on the straps to see if I could work them off the ends of the box but they were to tight... so I had to cut them..

Net: Even if you don't cut the top flap, you will need to figure out a way to band or strap the entire assembly back together. My suggestion would be to look for a "Strapping Kit"... something like >this< or >this<
KB77Hell and januza like this.
post #15475 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone know what color gamut does? Shouldn't it always be set to WIDE? I can't tell a difference between any of the settings.
post #15476 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hmmm.... I imagine you could take the TV out of the box with it laying flat but keep in mind it was designed and packed to be unboxed standing up. If you will be unboxing and setting it up by yourself I think the way the guy did it in the video I provided in my earlier post is probably the easiest.

As far as "cutting" the box... if yours is packed like mine was (i.e., the same way it was packed in the above video), with the two plastic packing straps wrapped vertically around the box, you don't need to cut the box. I know because I didn't cut my box. With the TV standing vertically as recommended by LG, once you cut the two packing straps, the top of the box can be slid up and off the TV as shown in the video. Truth be told, when it comes to repacking, cutting the two straps presents more of a problem than cutting the top of the box. This is because those two little straps hold the the TV and "all its contents" together as a single unit. If you watch the video and pause it around 1:10 you will see when the outer box is slid up and off, the TV and all the contents are sitting "in" a small cardboard tray at the bottom. So... "all" the weight of everything in the box is sitting in that little cardboard tray. After repacking, if you try to pick it up without the straps... the outer box will just slide off. Rather than cutting the straps, I first tried pulling on the straps to see if I could work them off the ends of the box but they were to tight... so I had to cut them..

Net: Even if you don't cut the top flap, you will need to figure out a way to band or strap the entire assembly back together. My suggestion would be to look for a "Strapping Kit"... something like >this< or >this<
Thanks for the info, thats really useful!
Thats what I am going to do there, again thank you for taking your time giving me real good info!
Hopefully I get my TV before they are out of stock!
post #15477 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozer View Post
Anyone know what color gamut does? Shouldn't it always be set to WIDE? I can't tell a difference between any of the settings.

You should just leave it in Normal it is really a mislabeled "auto" setting . it will change as required based on the source.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #15478 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think that @Elton Norway; has provided excellent advice -- I would follow what he says -- including the strapping. DON'T cut the box!

As for laying it on the bed, LG says lay it on the floor -- I expect that is for stability and because it has a lot less distance to fall when on the floor. (Having tried to use my sofa with another tv which then slid to the floor, I would follow LGs recommendations.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozer View Post
The general recommendation for color gamut is normal to avoid a "cartoony" look.

post #15479 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
You should just leave it in Normal it is really a mislabeled "auto" setting . it will change as required based on the source.

Even better. Thanks
chunon likes this.
post #15480 of 28332 Old 04-17-2017, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
If you are talking about how he lifted the most part of the box up off the television then no. That's how the box is designed. He did not cut the bottom of the box in order to lift it off the TV. It is already separated like that from the factory. You do not have to cut it. The ties he cut off is what holds it together.

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page