2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 533 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264200Likes

post #15961 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
Glad you're enjoying the TV, Clement! The 3D on it is insane, as you've already found out. My 3D collection more than doubled after I got this TV. It's just that good.

As for motion, it's subjective... some people have better acuity and sensitivity for motion resolution. I am more on that end of the spectrum, although it's nowhere near bothersome to me. 24fps judder doesn't bother me and yes, it is more noticeable than on my Pioneer Elite Plasma, but again, not distracting to me at all.

Do you have a UHD Blu-ray player yet? There are some great looking discs that are out there right now that make owning these sets a joy! I personally can't wait until the format matures a bit more and we start to see even more stark contrast compared to the 1080p blu-ray movie counterparts.
Hi!

How is the motion on 4K UHD Blu ray? The same as 1080p?

Do you find that that the up scaling on 1080p is at al detrimental to the picture or motion?

Do you have tru-motion on?

Have you gotten used to the difference in motion compared to your Kuro (I presume)

Thanx !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15962 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
In Ukraine, Wife carry the TV.
Hey Biebs!

I have seen (and learned) several things regarding the B6 while reading through the forum these past days in anticipation on buying my own B6.

What is your opinion on B6 Judder/Motion on 4k UHD Blu ray vs ''normal'' 1080p Blu Ray?

Do you think that the sample-and-hold motion? Is it just something to get used to?
post #15963 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbob38 View Post
Congrats on your new set. But didn't you at least offer to help your wife carry it?
Haha no, let me rephrase that, she helped me carry the TV, I wanted a transport guy to help, but she say it is better if she helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
Glad you're enjoying the TV, Clement! The 3D on it is insane, as you've already found out. My 3D collection more than doubled after I got this TV. It's just that good.

As for motion, it's subjective... some people have better acuity and sensitivity for motion resolution. I am more on that end of the spectrum, although it's nowhere near bothersome to me. 24fps judder doesn't bother me and yes, it is more noticeable than on my Pioneer Elite Plasma, but again, not distracting to me at all.

Do you have a UHD Blu-ray player yet? There are some great looking discs that are out there right now that make owning these sets a joy! I personally can't wait until the format matures a bit more and we start to see even more stark contrast compared to the 1080p blu-ray movie counterparts.
I am getting a UHD player asap, now I use netflix, and some downloaded videos.
It is just very hard to find any UHD content over here yet
But watching a movie with this TV, it is like watching the movie for the first time.. it is so crazy... details I could easily miss, now I see them.

Is it only me or SDR content look a little bit like HDR?
The color are so alive , even with sdr content... it was definitely not looking like that with any LCD TV I have seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15964 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Mostly lurker here, but long-time member. I bought the B6 right after Christmas last year. Absolutely loving it, especially since the 04.31.15 tamed my motion issues. Have the Truemotion off, and very happy.

Need to give a HUGE shout out to ChadB. We had him out to calibrate this set back about a month ago. We've used him three times now. I can highly recommend him. I use ISF bright during the day, and ISF dark later in the day/eve/night. I never have to touch any other setting (although he did originally have the Truemotion at 2,9 - before the firmware update). As flawless as the picture can be! And back to Chad - he's probably the calmest, most patient person you'll ever meet - perfect qualities for a calibrator!

-Bruce
Chad B and Superman23 like this.

Buckeye1010
Dayton, OH
post #15965 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1010 View Post
Mostly lurker here, but long-time member. I bought the B6 right after Christmas last year. Absolutely loving it, especially since the 04.31.15 tamed my motion issues. Have the Truemotion off, and very happy.

Need to give a HUGE shout out to ChadB. We had him out to calibrate this set back about a month ago. We've used him three times now. I can highly recommend him. I use ISF bright during the day, and ISF dark later in the day/eve/night. I never have to touch any other setting (although he did originally have the Truemotion at 2,9 - before the firmware update). As flawless as the picture can be! And back to Chad - he's probably the calmest, most patient person you'll ever meet - perfect qualities for a calibrator!

-Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Thinking of buying B6. Comments like yours are encouraging (since I am very sensitive to motion). A brief look at the B6 left me worried about Judder....

Could it be that the professional calibration made such a difference in Motion? Cause I know it makes a huge difference in color/contrast/brightness...

Should I ask ChaB how much it would take to get him to visit Greece?
post #15966 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman of Latria View Post
Hi Bruce,

Thinking of buying B6. Comments like yours are encouraging (since I am very sensitive to motion). A brief look at the B6 left me worried about Judder....

Could it be that the professional calibration made such a difference in Motion? Cause I know it makes a huge difference in color/contrast/brightness...

Should I ask ChaB how much it would take to get him to visit Greece?
I don't think the calibration made a difference in the Judder/motion department. The last firmware update absolutely did!!

If you can get maybe 40 or 50 friends together in Greece to get their sets all calibrated, you might be able to get him over there!

Buckeye1010
Dayton, OH
post #15967 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantab1008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub25 View Post
I've had my set for about 2 almost 3 months and yeah I have the regular LG warranty.
They are going to replace the panel and all the modules. So pretty much the whole thing except the frame.
This sounds good, please let me know how you convince them that it is issue with the TV. I am having hard time convincing LG that issue is with the TV.
What I did is I told them that it doesn't show up on white images and only shows up when certain colors are displayed, therefore it isn't a burnin. Then I pointed out that I ran/run the comp cycles and I'm concerned that the comp cycle module is broken or never worked.
When the LG tech came today I showed him that is only shows up on certain colors and he right away said the comp cycle module is not working properly and that they are going to replace the panel and all the modules inside the TV .
That's all I did.
Bleeding Edge likes this.
post #15968 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1010 View Post
I don't think the calibration made a difference in the Judder/motion department. The last firmware update absolutely did!!

If you can get maybe 40 or 50 friends together in Greece to get their sets all calibrated, you might be able to get him over there!
Thank you for the reply!

So the new firmware (04.31.15) made a difference in the Judder/motion department from All sources, including Blu Ray and internal apps?? I thought it was only supposed to improve motion on 60hz (through external devices). I have seen the B6 without the new firmware, as it has yet to arrive in Europe

Also, is 4k UHD Blu ray the same as 1080 p Blu rays regarding motion?
post #15969 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the reply!

So the new firmware (04.31.15) made a difference in the Judder/motion department from All sources, including Blu Ray and internal apps?? I thought it was only supposed to improve motion on 60hz (through external devices). I have seen the B6 without the new firmware, as it has yet to arrive in Europe

Also, is 4k UHD Blu ray the same as 1080 p Blu rays regarding motion?
To be honest, about 85% of our viewing so far has been with DirecTV (1080i or 720p via HDMI). That was where we previously saw the judder. The other 15% has been Amazon Prime - I *think* there used to be some judder there before (don't see it now) - but I am not certain.
Norman of Latria likes this.

Buckeye1010
Dayton, OH
post #15970 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Hey Biebs!

I have seen (and learned) several things regarding the B6 while reading through the forum these past days in anticipation on buying my own B6.

What is your opinion on B6 Judder/Motion on 4k UHD Blu ray vs ''normal'' 1080p Blu Ray?

Do you think that the sample-and-hold motion? Is it just something to get used to?
LCD and OLED are sample and hold.

Plasma is different, so if you're an ex Plasma user, maybe it will be harder....maybe, but most ex plasma user here seem really fine.

ANyway, motion is a non issue for me, especially since I found the perfect motion setting for me and more and more users (De judder 2 De-Blur 0). It's just perfect. I'ts so great that now, I'm just impress by the motion.

I still think LG default motion suck big time, DJ2- DJ0 should be one of the default preset and DJ0 DB10 could be another default setting (I don't like it, but many people do). Sony has a lot of motion preset for different liking, LG has 2 extremely bad default preset.
sechev00 and Norman of Latria like this.

Last edited by Quebecker; 04-26-2017 at 05:14 PM.
post #15971 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by posadajulian View Post
When you guys recommend using Rtings settings, do you mean the whole thing including White balance configs, or just the basic parameters?

Also, is there a reason to set the black levels to high or auto? i kinda dont like the results, but was wondering if there are any benefits.
I didn't like the rtings settings either, and I dialed everyone of them in. Went to standard mode and dialed in a beautiful picture by eye (the cardinal sin!). I think settings can be a little different TV to TV, and somewhat dictated by the environment you watch in.
posadajulian likes this.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #15972 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:

Plasma is different, so if you're an ex Plasma user, maybe it will be harder....maybe, but most ex plasma user here seem really fine.

ANyway, motion is a non issue for me, especially since I found the perfect motion setting for me and more and more users (De judder 2 De-Blur 0). It's just perfect. I'ts so great that now, I'm just impress by the motion.

I still think LG default motion suck big time, DJ2- DJ0 should be one of the default preset and DJ0 DB10 could be another default setting (I don't like it, but many people do). Sony has a lot of motion preset for different liking, LG has 2 extremely bad default preset.

DJ2-DB0 FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #15973 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the reply! Your posts are consistently informative.

I am on the fence about buying the B6, as I really love so many things about it, but I am afraid that I have been spoiled by Plasma concerning the motion...

I have seen the B6 WITHOUT the 04.31.15 firmware (I am in Greece), and the choice between Judder and SOE is not one I want to have to make.

I am still confused about something...has the new firmware (04.31.15) improved Judder/Motion on true 24p content (Blu Rays, internal apps) as well, or only 24p over 60hhz (external device streaming etc)?

Also when viewing some dark scenes on the B6, such as the beginning of Interstellar on Blu ray (where matthew mcconaughey is sleeping), I noticed some noise in the shadows...is the ''edge enhancement'' which I have heard about? Can it be fixed with calibration? I don't mind crushing some blacks to get rid of it....

Sorry for the many questions
post #15974 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub25 View Post
What I did is I told them that it doesn't show up on white images and only shows up when certain colors are displayed, therefore it isn't a burnin. Then I pointed out that I ran/run the comp cycles and I'm concerned that the comp cycle module is broken or never worked.
When the LG tech came today I showed him that is only shows up on certain colors and he right away said the comp cycle module is not working properly and that they are going to replace the panel and all the modules inside the TV .
That's all I did.
Thanks for your help, I will try to make same point and see if LG can help. I have very similar issue that IR is only visible in certain colors and not in white.
post #15975 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hdr

That site has demos for you to download. The LG - Cymatic Jazz is pretty impressive with black levels and how good the colors look on OLED as well as the LG Chess demo.

I downloaded most of these to use as an occasional alternative to the D-Nice slides when I broke my set in.

I had a hard time walking away and sadly would often times find myself glued to the couch watching them repeat over and over again...good stuff!
sechev00 likes this.

LN55A950 2008 - 2012
Sharp Elite Pro-60x5fd (ChadB calibrated) 2013 - Present
LG OLED65B6P (ChadB calibrated) 2017 - Present
post #15976 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 06:16 PM

Hello everyone!

Can someone with the new firmware (04.31.15) on the B6 tell me this: Has the new firmware (04.31.15) improved Judder/Motion on true 24p content (Blu Rays, Tv internal streaming apps) as well, or only 24p over 60hz (external device streaming etc)?

The official Update notes from LG say ''Improved motion on 60Hz'', but some people have hinted that the improvement may be on all inputs/signals...
post #15977 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalJoey View Post
I downloaded most of these to use as an occasional alternative to the D-Nice slides when I broke my set in.

I had a hard time walking away and sadly would often times find myself glued to the couch watching them repeat over and over again...good stuff!

I agree. I downloaded demo after demo and watched them many many times when I got my set. Definitely made me feel like what I just purchased was very well worth it. And still feel that way 1 month later!

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #15978 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Hello everyone!

Can someone with the new firmware (04.31.15) on the B6 tell me this: Has the new firmware (04.31.15) improved Judder/Motion on true 24p content (Blu Rays, Tv internal streaming apps) as well, or only 24p over 60hz (external device streaming etc)?

The official Update notes from LG say ''Improved motion on 60Hz'', but some people have hinted that the improvement may be on all inputs/signals...
The firmware was for 60hz only. It was dropping frame before it.

No firmware can fix 24 motion. It's the technology. Sample and hold exacerbate the juddery look of low frame rate content.

You only have one option to reduce that look, use minimal interpolation. It won't create soap opera effect at very low setting 1-2.

Black frame insertion can help a little too, but it's not available on the LG.

Plasma TV was basically ultra fast black frame insertion. The pixel were constantly strobing to create the image. This tricked the eyes into thinking the motion was smoother.

Last edited by Quebecker; 04-26-2017 at 06:53 PM.
post #15979 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Hello all and greetings from Greece!

I am long-time Panasonic plasma owner (have a Panasonic 50" v20 in the living room, and a 42" in the bedroom). I absolutely love the image on plasmas, especially the motion and natural colors (+ of course the deep blacks). I watch lots of movies on blu-ray and netflix, I game on the PS4 quite a bit, and I also watch youtube content.

I have been lurking around forums and reading articles and reviews for a couple of years now, because I have been wanting to upgrade to a 65" in the living room. The problem is that up until OLED reared its beautiful head, I could never come to terms and compromise with all the problems with LCD/LEDs, even in the very highest range ones with all the bells and whistles. A couple of times friends have called me over to show off their new 60-65" Flagship Sony (or whatever) LED TV, and although I was always polite, I thought to myself ''Damn, I'm so glad that I have a late-gen Plasma!!''. I LOVE the plasma picture quality, and especially the buttery-smooth motion handling with absolutely no video-processing, as well as the natural colors. Still, I sit 13-14 feet from the TV in the living room and I definitely need a bigger screen.

Since the B6 came out it has been winking at me seductively, and I had been itching to order the 65" based on reviews (especially Rtings and Cnet), but I was waiting for a price drop, which finally came big-time here in Greece, and for some feedback from you guys.

I was convinced to pull the trigger, and so last week I made the order and I put the TV on hold so I could go and pick it up at the store. Before going to the store my cousin announced that he had been sent a 55" B6 from his company (he is a media/tech journalist) and was setting it up, so I decided to go take look for at it for myself. I was really hyped, and fully expected to get blow-away by the TV and run off to the store and pick mine up. I had all the tabs opened up at home for proper calibration settings, un boxing, etc etc.

Long story-short: after viewing my cousin's 55" B6 I was semi-disappointed, and my hype deflated. Short story-long: I started off with viewing a couple games on the Ps4 pro in HDR. AMAZING. I was loving the resolution, the crispness, the blacks, the colors, the low input lag. Everything was TOP notch! Then we flip on netflix via the local app. I started to see small artifacts in motion and just slight SOE (two of the things I hate most about LED's). So I think to myself ''oh my cousin has the Tru motion setting too high''. He had the at de-Judder 1 and de-blur 7. So we turn tru-motion off completely. And then I see the infamous Judder of which I had read so much about in the forums (this was my major concern before buying the B6). I felt that the consensus was that the Judder was minor on 24p content (Blu Rays and local apps), and that the problem was only on 24p over 60Hz in external devices which would be fixed in the .15 patch anyway (when it comes to Europe). But there it was - in the local Netflix app - not from an external devise.

...So we threw in some blu rays. There's the Judder again. Its distracting as hell for me. I start playing around with the tru-motion settings, and I must admit that with de-judder on 1 and de-blur on 7 the Judder is minimized (although still present, more so than in my plasmas - *not talking about the innate judder in 24p movies) and the artefacts/smoothing are barely noticeable. Combine this with the blacks, contrast, and crispness, it makes for a great PQ on th B6, ahead of anything I have seen from LCD/LEDs, but still...my Plasma is better!!

My Panny Plasma compared to the B6 is a little worse in the blacks, and maybe picture crispness, but the motion resolution, motion handling, and natural colors give the picture such a natural look which I have never seen equaled in any non-plasma Tv. I was hoping that finally OLED would make all us cinefiles holding on to our beloved plasmas happy again that we could finally start looking at new Tvs which would satisfy our spoiled-by-plasma eyes. And to say the truth, I have seen several former Plasma owners happy with their new B6...although almost all mention something or other about the motion issues.

I realize that motion is a subjective issue to a degree, and it affect some people more than others. Hell, some people actually like the SOE, and intentionally turn on the video processing to 'high'. To each his own..but I cannot bring myself to pay a hefty amount of money (even now that the 65" B6 is 2.799 euros + a complementary sound bar, which is amazing bang-for-your-buck considering...) and trade in the Plasma for a lesser quality -to my eyes- picture.

Saying that, I have yet to see a 4k Blu-ray on the B6. I am hoping that due to the native 4k 24p input (no need for up-scaling), the Judder will be minimal, and certainly better than on 1080p blu rays. Would someone (such as Superman23) who used to own a Plasma and has experience with both technologies, care to comment on the Judder/motion/frame interpolation differences on the B6 vs Plasma, and more specifically in 4k vs 1080p with Tru motion-off (or on with DJ o DB 0)? I know that this issue has been talked about already, but from what I see, many people are holding off pulling the trigger on the B6 just because of this 'motion issue''.

I am pretty sure that I will not go ahead with buying the B6, or the B7 for that matter as from what I read differences are minimal, since almost all content outhere is 1080p and not 4k. Also, I have heard that the new 2017 Panasonic OLEDS are promising (by the way, where are they? No pricing yet?). Panasonic says that the have utilized their Plamsa self-emitting tech knowledge in their development of their OLEDS...

Still, I am open to all feedback from you guys, and my mind is not 100% made-up...as the itch for the 65" B6 is not gone completely. Also I am interested in OLED tech as I believe that it is the future (foreseeable at least) of Tvs, and will it eventually surpass Plasmas in every way. Maybe after they get bright enough to have BFI?

Thanks to anyone who got though my ramblings and is still reading, and all comments are appreciated!

Ps. I am new to forums in general, and this is the first time I have actively engaged and signed up in one. Please keep up the good work, information and discussions! If I have crossed any etiquette lines/rules plz let me know.
2017 Panasonic OLEDs are coming soon to Europe.
post #15980 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Thank you for the reply! Your posts are consistently informative.

I am on the fence about buying the B6, as I really love so many things about it, but I am afraid that I have been spoiled by Plasma concerning the motion...

I have seen the B6 WITHOUT the 04.31.15 firmware (I am in Greece), and the choice between Judder and SOE is not one I want to have to make.

I am still confused about something...has the new firmware (04.31.15) improved Judder/Motion on true 24p content (Blu Rays, internal apps) as well, or only 24p over 60hhz (external device streaming etc)?

Also when viewing some dark scenes on the B6, such as the beginning of Interstellar on Blu ray (where matthew mcconaughey is sleeping), I noticed some noise in the shadows...is the ''edge enhancement'' which I have heard about? Can it be fixed with calibration? I don't mind crushing some blacks to get rid of it....

Sorry for the many questions
The new firmware did not fix the normal panning judder that these TVs have trouble with. The new firmware fixed what was more accurately referred to as "stutter". The stutter was a non-smooth jerkiness. It is kind of hard to describe. 24p panning judder still exists and unfortunately you have to bump up the Trumotion dejudder to make it look closer to cinema quality.

I think the Panasonic plasmas look absolutely fantastic and I think you may want to wait or check to see if the Panasonic OLED has that same quality.

Everything else about the TV is great and is superior to plasma. I found motion problems with the built-in apps vary from video to video. Your best bet is to just set the dejudder to at least 2.
post #15981 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Hello everyone!

Buddy I'm coming from a Panasonic ZT60 which was in my opinion the best Plasma tv ever. After the latest .15 update my B6 is just as smooth on motion as my ZT60. As a former Plasma boy let me tell you that you will not regret getting the B6. Live sports are amazing. Also video games are better on it than on my ZT60. Watching hockey right now and there's no judder what so ever. Jump in my friend the time is right. Oh and no judder on my blu rays or streaming net flix.
richlife and Norman of Latria like this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #15982 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Buddy I'm coming from a Panasonic ZT60 which was in my opinion the best Plasma tv ever. After the latest .15 update my B6 is just as smooth on motion as my ZT60. As a former Plasma boy let me tell you that you will not regret getting the B6. Live sports are amazing. Also video games are better on it than on my ZT60. Watching hockey right now and there's no judder what so ever. Jump in my friend the time is right. Oh and no judder on my blu rays or streaming net flix.
I also came from a Panny plasma and decided I had no choice but to "settle" for a LG65B6. I say settle because I read through this entire forum and struggled with all the negative threads about horrible motion and judder issues. However, since my plasma died I had no choice because the LG OLED was as close as I was ever going to get to a plasma. Boy... am I glad I did. All my fears were unfounded. (also running the latest .15 update) All I can think is some people are seeing a motion issue that isn't there (placebo effect) or they are super sensitive to whatever they are experiencing, or they have a defective set. I also see no judder at all regardless of the source. (i..e Amazon/ Netflix/Vudu streaming and/or Bluray or Spectrum Cable set top box.
post #15983 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I've had my c6 since the middle of march and I have yet to have any Judder or motion issues. On problem had was what looked to be a dead pixel but it has disappeared, best tv I've owned.
post #15984 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
I also came from a Panny plasma and decided I had no choice but to "settle" for a LG65B6. I say settle because I read through this entire forum and struggled with all the negative threads about horrible motion and judder issues. However, since my plasma died I had no choice because the LG OLED was as close as I was ever going to get to a plasma. Boy... am I glad I did. All my fears were unfounded. (also running the latest .15 update) All I can think is some people are seeing a motion issue that isn't there (placebo effect) or they are super sensitive to whatever they are experiencing, or they have a defective set. I also see no judder at all regardless of the source. (i..e Amazon/ Netflix/Vudu streaming and/or Bluray or Spectrum Cable set top box.
Good stuff! I think a lot of us Plasma guys are very happy with our B6's!
TrueDis and Norman of Latria like this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #15985 of 28178 Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well tried to enjoy underworld blood wars 4k but the stupid TV kept dimming the picture and majority of the movie stayed so dark it was almost unwatchable. Had to stop and restart movie to get it to undim the panel but it would only last a few minutes. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening or turn it off? Looked through settings and didn't see anything. It's a B6 using an Oppo 203
post #15986 of 28178 Old 04-27-2017, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwiegert View Post
Well tried to enjoy underworld blood wars 4k but the stupid TV kept dimming the picture and majority of the movie stayed so dark it was almost unwatchable. Had to stop and restart movie to get it to undim the panel but it would only last a few minutes. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening or turn it off? Looked through settings and didn't see anything. It's a B6 using an Oppo 203
If the B6 is like earlier OLEDs you need to keep Contrast under 80 in order for the ABL not to kick in so aggressively. B6 owners though may have a far better insight.
post #15987 of 28178 Old 04-27-2017, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwiegert View Post
What you're describing isn't ABL (anti brightness limiter) but ASBL (anti static brightness limiter) which dims a picture when the display senses that the brightness level hasn't changed in something like 2 minutes on the B6s.

Here's a thread for turning it off. Those of us who calibrate pretty much have to turn it off to save what little bit of sanity we still have. Best of luck. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...g-oled-tv.html
post #15988 of 28178 Old 04-27-2017, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyaustralia View Post
If the B6 is like earlier OLEDs you need to keep Contrast under 80 in order for the ABL not to kick in so aggressively. B6 owners though may have a far better insight.
Bad advice for the B6....and this is the B6 thread.
post #15989 of 28178 Old 04-27-2017, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Few fast pics... of course it looks better in real life!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170427_015841.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2105217   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170427_020352.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	2105225   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170427_020354.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	2105233  
Aetherhole and Superman23 like this.
post #15990 of 28178 Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Netflix Marvel TV series is abusing noise or grain in their episodes..
I know it is not the TV, because other tv series/movies dont have that
And since you can see all the details with an Oled, sometimes it is very bothering
Wtf were the directors thinking...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page