2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 534 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264109Likes

post #15991 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Oh and something I think you people should know
I really dont notice the curve on my C6 at all!!
I thought it would be bothering, because I never liked curved screen, but on my C6 it looks even cool!!!
And it is like, you feel like you are in the movie or something... immersion like some reviewers said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15992 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
Netflix Marvel TV series is abusing noise or grain in their episodes..
I know it is not the TV, because other tv series/movies dont have that
And since you can see all the details with an Oled, sometimes it is very bothering
Wtf were the directors thinking...
Yes Marvel Dolby Vision show are simply disgusting.
Superman23 likes this.
post #15993 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello all, and thank you so much for your input on my questions regarding the Judder/Motion on the B6 vs Plasma Tvs!

I guess I just have to make the decision now on buying the B6 or waiting another year+ ...the Tv is still on hold for me at the store.

My cousin has a 55" B6 at his home at the moment, so I will go over there and try the Tru-motion settings which everyone seems to agree on (DJ2 DB0).

I really really want to love this TV. At the moment, from what I have seen and read, I greatly respect the B6 for all it has brought to the table this past year, but I have yet to fall in Love with it. Maybe I should bring it home and give it a big hug. I'll definitely let you guys know if I do!

BTW I am quite interested in Black Frame Insertion coming to OLEDs at some point. Maybe that will end the ''motion'' discussion once and for all, as it might bring OLED close to Plasma motion. From what I have read, the problem with BFI is that it dims the picture when used, and OLED has not been able to get bright enough in order to incorporate BFI yet. At the moment, its not just only LG that doesn't use BFI in OLED. Neither does SONY, Philips, nor Panasonic OLEDs. Could they be waiting for the Nits (brightness) to go up in OLEDs in the coming years before they do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15994 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Few fast pics... of course it looks better in real life!

Do you say to yourself every time "wow look at those deep blacks" when displayed in content? I still do to this day. Enjoy the new set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HD KOOL-AID likes this.

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #15995 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Do you say to yourself every time "wow look at those deep blacks" when displayed in content? I still do to this day. Enjoy the new set!

Me too!!! The Blacks are amazing! Check out Tales of the Light on Netflix season 1 episode 1. The blue water scenes are stunning!
sechev00 likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #15996 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Yes Marvel Dolby Vision show are simply disgusting.
Yup... the worst is it is my favorite content there is in Netflix!!!!
I dont care so much about the other 4k contents they have..
I like how Marvel made them tv series very dark... but they could had done it without so much noise in the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman of Latria View Post
Hello all, and thank you so much for your input on my questions regarding the Judder/Motion on the B6 vs Plasma Tvs!

I guess I just have to make the decision now on buying the B6 or waiting another year+ ...the Tv is still on hold for me at the store.

My cousin has a 55" B6 at his home at the moment, so I will go over there and try the Tru-motion settings which everyone seems to agree on (DJ2 DB0).

I really really want to love this TV. At the moment, from what I have seen and read, I greatly respect the B6 for all it has brought to the table this past year, but I have yet to fall in Love with it. Maybe I should bring it home and give it a big hug. I'll definitely let you guys know if I do!

BTW I am quite interested in Black Frame Insertion coming to OLEDs at some point. Maybe that will end the ''motion'' discussion once and for all, as it might bring OLED close to Plasma motion. From what I have read, the problem with BFI is that it dims the picture when used, and OLED has not been able to get bright enough in order to incorporate BFI yet. At the moment, its not just only LG that doesn't use BFI in OLED. Neither does SONY, Philips, nor Panasonic OLEDs. Could they be waiting for the Nits (brightness) to go up in OLEDs in the coming years before they do?
Me I would say go for it!!!! wait another year is ok, but it is like losing a year in your life!
I prefer doing what I am doing, just bought a LG Oled 2016, then I am getting another tv in few years because they will be very cheap, and Oled will mature, now we are still in the early days..
And I wouldnt bother about motion problems, unless you are too crazy about it, I dont notice it!!
It is better to have the TV at your home, then change the settings to your liking.. I recommend reading threads in this forum and trying different settings.. there are awesome tips here
Norman of Latria likes this.
post #15997 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman of Latria View Post
BFI for SD material will be OK, but for HDR, it will get too dim. BFI can reduce brightness by 50%...so you'll get crappy HDR.

If you decide not to use BFI during HDR material, you'll find HDR motion bad because you're brain will be used to BFI motion.

Right now on OLED, interpolation is the only real solution is you find the motion not smooth enough. Sony TV in general has great frame interpolation. The result is similar to LG, but you'll get a bit less artefact.
Norman of Latria likes this.
post #15998 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:

I don't tell myself that.

However, I tell myself, WOW, look at that amazing contrast in this scene. I'm still excited even though I'm on my 6 months with this TV.
bboysvlad, Superman23 and sechev00 like this.
post #15999 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hell yeah!!!
I have never seen blacks like that on a TV!!!
I love watching movies in the night, so this TV is really perfect for me!!!
I am so glad I didnt wait for other TVs, and I made the big step to buy me this oled TV
I dont care what other people are saying about A1E or Panasonic magic dust.. I am good with LG C6
And I also game on the TV, and that is also very amazing!! this TV is perfect for everything I want
Superman23 and sechev00 like this.
post #16000 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Me I would say go for it!!!! wait another year is ok, but it is like losing a year in your life!
I prefer doing what I am doing, just bought a LG Oled 2016, then I am getting another tv in few years because they will be very cheap, and Oled will mature, now we are still in the early days..
And I wouldnt bother about motion problems, unless you are too crazy about it, I dont notice it!!
It is better to have the TV at your home, then change the settings to your liking.. I recommend reading threads in this forum and trying different settings.. there are awesome tips here
So, how things going in Ukraine ?

Look like a strange place to live right now. Are your perspective good for the future ?

We hope you'll be able to buy TV for a long long time.
post #16001 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yup... the worst is it is my favorite content there is in Netflix!!!!
I dont care so much about the other 4k contents they have..
I like how Marvel made them tv series very dark... but they could had done it without so much noise in the picture

Totally agree! Every year there's gonna be something a little better that comes out. Enjoy your life now and get something fun if your finances allow it. I mean you could get in a car accident and die before the next tv comes out. Life is short. And as far as motion is concerned I've turned off the Tru Motion and don't notice any issues at all.

LG OLED 65B6P
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16002 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Totally agree! Every year there's gonna be something a little better that comes out. Enjoy your life now and get something fun if your finances allow it. I mean you could get in a car accident and die before the next tv comes out. Life is short. And as far as motion is concerned I've turned off the Tru Motion and don't notice any issues at all.
My thought exactly.

You could be diagnosed with a cancer in 2 weeks.

Just have fun in your life today!
post #16003 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My thought exactly.

You could be diagnosed with a cancer in 2 weeks.

Just have fun in your life today!
Heck yeah!!! Sorry about Montreal getting knocked out by the way. I was hoping the Habs would go far this year.

LG OLED 65B6P
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16004 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So, how things going in Ukraine ?

Look like a strange place to live right now. Are your perspective good for the future ?

We hope you'll be able to buy TV for a long long time.
Maybe I live there, but I am not Ukrainian
I can leave any time I want, I can live almost anywhere I want ,especially in Europe
I am there just because I like it over there, things are much more simple

Quote:
Hell yeah, people die every day... you never know what can happen to you tomorrow
And LG 2016 Oled is very very good, without hurting your wallet too much
post #16005 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Oh and something I think you people should know
I really dont notice the curve on my C6 at all!!
I thought it would be bothering, because I never liked curved screen, but on my C6 it looks even cool!!!
And it is like, you feel like you are in the movie or something... immersion like some reviewers said
Agreed! Have had mine for little more than a month now - I was against getting a curved set, but wanted 3D for the several 3D blu's I have. I couldn't afford to pay up for the E6P - so I spent a long time at Magnolia Best Buy talking with their reps, and they said don't let the curve dissuade you from purchasing, especially since the LG curve is very slight. It came down to either a B6/C6 or a Sony 930D, which also has 3D.

Went home, read the hell out of this thread and others, and bought the C6 a week later. Weighed the pros and cons with blacks, contrast, and viewing angles being very important to me. And to my surprise, my wife likes the curve, we don't notice it at all watching movies or tv at night, this set seems to blend into the wall with the lights down.

I mostly just lurk and read posts - but want to thank all who contribute and write their instructional, informative, and just fun to read thoughts.
lance466 and Clement Afficial like this.
post #16006 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Those of us who calibrate...
@JimP - don't want to hijack this thread so feel free to PM me if interested but I live nearby (SE Alabama) and would be curious to know if you'd like to pay me a visit. Actually, I think it works the other way around but you know what I mean!

EDIT: I have a 55C6P

Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.
post #16007 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Girlboss in Dolby Vision looks pretty good on Netflix. Episode 10 was really nice, the detail on each person against deep black background.

post #16008 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6329 Post(s)
Liked: 6329
Quote:
I dont care what other people are saying about A1E or Panasonic magic dust.. I am good with LG C6
C6 is a solid set with an amazing picture
post #16009 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
C6 is a solid set with an amazing picture
The B6 too! Don't forget about us B6 people! LOL!
Clement Afficial and sechev00 like this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16010 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Have you looked into maybe doing the update through the Update Assistant rather than depending on the update rolling out automatically. I'm not sure if the update is being rolled out in stages for other countries. This site has a link for you to download the Update Assistant .exe.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/0...-is-available/

Yes IT worked. Downloading right now. Thank you

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk
Superman23 likes this.
post #16011 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ganzenbach View Post

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

Sweet! Hopefully that will get you the HDR option

Superman23 likes this.

post #16012 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I watching upscaled 480p content on the Military History channel last night and was impressed how good it looked on my C6.
post #16013 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Me too!!! The Blacks are amazing! Check out Tales of the Light on Netflix season 1 episode 1. The blue water scenes are stunning!
Amazing Blacks? How about Stranger Things???? When Eleven goes into the water tank/dream where it's just her against the black background. OMG!

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #16014 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

I am so glad LG went the hard way and brought us those Oled TVs..
They were not scared like Samsung, Sony, etc... even though Sony is using Oled now, it is because of LG and it is from LG
That is why I always say, never underestimate lower companies, everything is possible!
Superman23 likes this.
post #16015 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
Amazing Blacks? How about Stranger Things???? When Eleven goes into the water tank/dream where it's just her against the black background. OMG!
Nice I'll have to check it out! Which episode?

LG OLED 65B6P
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16016 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Nice I'll have to check it out! Which episode?
I think it happens in a couple episodes. Episode 7 - The Bathtub I think the one that it prominently is seen in.

The whole show looks great though. Lots of darkness and opportunity for inky, inky blacks!
Superman23 likes this.

LG OLED65C6P ISF Calibrated by David Abrams @ Avical
Marantz AV8801 / D-Sonic M2500 / Oppo UDP-203
GR Research LS-9 / GR Research X-Voce / GR Research AV-1RS / Oppo PM-1
post #16017 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Have you looked into maybe doing the update through the Update Assistant rather than depending on the update rolling out automatically. I'm not sure if the update is being rolled out in stages for other countries. This site has a link for you to download the Update Assistant .exe.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/0...-is-available/
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ganzenbach View Post
Just FYI: For those just reading through the most recent threads... the above exchange was in regards to downloading the latest Window 10 Update... and does not have anything to do with downloading firmware updates or the Automatic Update feature for our LG OLED TV's. That said, its a good way to get a jump on Windows 10 Creators Update. Personally, I'm going to hold off for a while. Some early adopters have reported their PC's slowed considerably after the update. I've decided to wait for more reviews to come in.
post #16018 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 144
It turns out that the 4K HDR videos downloaded from YouTube don't actually play in HDR mode. Must have something to do with YouTube's encoding.
post #16019 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Will definitely check it out tonight. Thanks!

Superman23 likes this.

post #16020 of 27968 Old 04-27-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 3776 Post(s)
Liked: 3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTV Programmer View Post
It turns out that the 4K HDR videos downloaded from YouTube don't actually play in HDR mode. Must have something to do with YouTube's encoding.

YouTube hdr is only supported on the G6

Superman23 likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page