2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 541 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264200Likes

post #16201 of 28181 Old 04-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256k View Post
B6P is the same number as USA, EUR one is B6V, i want to try it too, but since he said his TV was a B6P... makes no sense to try to do anything, because is not a B6V
Hmmm... good point! TiSA88's initial concern was, at the time, when checking the LG website it didn't show the current version as being available to him (at least not the version seen in the US) He had model OLED65B6P-S. US models are OLED65B6P-U. As a test I went to the LG website and selected Brazil as the country, and entered model number OLED65B6P, and it showed the latest version was 04.30.65. Then I signed on to another browser, selected US as the country, entered model number OLED65B6P and it showed the latest version was 04.31.10. The nagging question was why don't they see the same version as we do in the US? I could send him the firmware via email but big a concern was the difference - OLED65B6P-S versus OLED65B6P-U. Was there a difference in hardware due to the plant of manufacture? Another concern was frequency 50hz or 60hz. The thought is "if " all the models are identical, then why isn't the update available regardless of the country you identify when you log on to the website. Another concern was when TiSA88 tried to trick the system changing his country to US and tried to download the US version, the file always came across as corrupted! He was never able to download the US update, as if LG was preventing any locations outside the US from downloading it.

All that being said... you have a valid concern. OLED65B6P versus OLED65B6V would seem to indicate an entirely different version of the set. Hemisphere related maybe? In any case... I personally wouldn't attempt loading firmware from another source. Too much money at risk... not to mention the WOW (wrath of wife)
hughh likes this.

Last edited by Elton Noway; 04-29-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16202 of 28181 Old 04-29-2017, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Hmmm... good point! TiSA88's initial concern was, at the time, when checking the LG website it didn't show the current version as being available to him (at least not the version seen in the US) He had model OLED65B6P-S. US models are OLED65B6P-U. As a test I went to the LG website and selected Brazil as the country, and entered model number OLED65B6P, and it showed the latest version was 04.30.65. Then I signed on to another browser, selected US as the country, entered model number OLED65B6P and it showed the latest version was 04.31.10. The nagging question was why don't they see the same version as we do in the US? I could send him the firmware via email but big a concern was the difference - OLED65B6P-S versus OLED65B6P-U. Was there a difference in hardware due to the plant of manufacture? Another concern was frequency 50hz or 60hz. The thought is "if " all the models are identical, then why isn't the update available regardless of the country you identify when you log on to the website. Another concern was when TiSA88 tried to trick the system changing his country to US and tried to download the US version, the file always came across as corrupted! He was never able to download the US update, as if LG was preventing any locations outside the US from downloading it.

All that being said... you have a valid concern. OLED65B6P versus OLED65B6V would seem to indicate an entirely different version of the set. Hemisphere related maybe? In any case... I personally wouldn't attempt loading firmware from another source. Too much money at risk... not to mention the WOW (wrath of wife)
Great stuff Elton Norway! This is really intriguing to me too. Maybe it's cuz U.S. Units are set up different due to the electrical currents being different?

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16203 of 28181 Old 04-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
A lot of us liked @Quebecker Tru motion settings of DJ 2 and DB 0. But since the latest .15 firmware update I've shut Tru Motion off cuz I think the motion is almost perfect now. Make sure to enable HD Deep Color for all inputs so you can get HDR / Dolby Vision too!
So should I be setting it to PC for my Apple TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16204 of 28181 Old 04-29-2017, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it just me or do darker scenes or darker colors seem to smear/blur a lot more than bright scenes/colors on the B6?
post #16205 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
Resident evil 7 on LG C6 is just PERFECT..
I do not see how the game could be looking any better.. it just look so amazing, dark as hell, those deep blacks man!! Playing that game in the dark is really something!
I am playing on PS4 pro, but the details are crazy good, I dont care if it is not true 4k or something, it is the real thing!
I am more than pleased with my Oled so far... I will never touch an LCD again
Never tried it with ps 4 but i found it quite boring on pc. I didn't even finish it which is unusual.
post #16206 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk86 View Post
So should I be setting it to PC for my Apple TV?
Oh no

PC mode is useless since the last patch that fix 60hz motion. On the B
post #16207 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by adcustom View Post
Frig me, guys. Just watched Pacific Rim in Dolby Vision on Vudu and it was absolutely bonkers. Mind blowingly three dimensional and vivid image. 😨
Even though I think it's a terrible movie I may rent it just to see my C6 in action with Dolby Vision.
post #16208 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTV Programmer View Post
Even though I think it's a terrible movie I may rent it just to see my C6 in action with Dolby Vision.
IMO, that's the problem right now. Movies that are actually *good* movies with Dolby Vision are hard to find. I refuse to rent/buy/watch movies that suck just because they look nice. :-)

Hopefully, this becomes less and less of an issue over time, but I almost feel like we're a little "ahead of the curve" - it's hard to find good movies that really take advantage of our displays capabilities... In hindsight, I probably should have bought an inexpensive LCD to hold me over for a few years while 4k/HDR technology matures. I just feel like the capabilities of my B6 are mostly going un-used since there is so little high-quality content available now.

Sent from my Vi10 Plus using Tapatalk
post #16209 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
IMO, that's the problem right now. Movies that are actually *good* movies with Dolby Vision are hard to find. I refuse to rent/buy/watch movies that suck just because they look nice. :-)

Hopefully, this becomes less and less of an issue over time, but I almost feel like we're a little "ahead of the curve" - it's hard to find good movies that really take advantage of our displays capabilities... In hindsight, I probably should have bought an inexpensive LCD to hold me over for a few years while 4k/HDR technology matures. I just feel like the capabilities of my B6 are mostly going un-used since there is so little high-quality content available now.

Yea I'm super dragging my feet on a lot of stuff hoping Disney will jump on 4k hdr eventually and I can get a bunch of those in my library too. Thought about buying the Star Wars 1-6 digital copies to supplement my blu rays but if they will release them in 4k eventually I must hold out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16210 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:

I agree with you about how hard it is to find any good content
I force myself to see crap I dont like...like fairy tales stuff, stupid movies, it ain't my thing
BUT I have to DISAGREE about going the LCD route because it is cheaper, NO WAY.... the difference is night and day!!
I am totally satisfied with a 2016 Oled, it might not get as bright as an LCD, but it is perfect for me!!! Definitely worth it just for the blacks
But of course the blacks is not the only good thing... look at the color, the details, etc... for me thats way better than any LCD
Even my mobile is OLED... and I am never buying any LCD again

I just cant wait until 4k is everywhere... but I know it will take time because it is a lot of bandwidth
post #16211 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
OLED65B6P versus OLED65B6V would seem to indicate an entirely different version of the set. Hemisphere related maybe?
As a minimum, wouldn't the firmware related to the tuners be different between countries?

I have never understood why manufacturers don't modularise firmware so that common modules can be distributed worldwide and its only the country specific modules that are only updated as needed for that specific country.

They might as well support 50/60Hz for PSU and video as well internationally as a standard: would minimise construction costs through economies of scale.
post #16212 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
I agree with you about how hard it is to find any good content
I force myself to see crap I dont like...like fairy tales stuff, stupid movies, it ain't my thing
BUT I have to DISAGREE about going the LCD route because it is cheaper, NO WAY.... the difference is night and day!!
I am totally satisfied with a 2016 Oled, it might not get as bright as an LCD, but it is perfect for me!!! Definitely worth it just for the blacks
But of course the blacks is not the only good thing... look at the color, the details, etc... for me thats way better than any LCD
Even my mobile is OLED... and I am never buying any LCD again

I just cant wait until 4k is everywhere... but I know it will take time because it is a lot of bandwidth
To be completely honest, I originally bought a Vizio M-Series (70") LCD set before the OLED B6 - and for the most part, the picture of the Vizio looked just as good as the B6 *to me*. Keep in mind that I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so that may play a part.

To me, the biggest benefit of OLED is that you don't have to deal with light bleed related issues.

I returned the Vizio because it had very obvious vertical "bands" when viewed from an angle (was fine when viewed head-on though) - otherwise, I was perfectly happy with the picture quality of the Vizio and would have kept it. Yes, the colors started to wash out if viewed from extreme angles, but even the OLED has color shift issues when viewed from angles.

I'm honestly not bothered by "imperfect" blacks. I still say that, overall, the picture on my older 1080p Vizio set (4 years old, edge-lit) for things like cable (which is the vast majority of what I watch) is better than my B6. Less noise, less noticeable "pixelation", smoother, artifact-free motion (with motion interpolation enabled) and just a sharper image in general - again *for cable/FIOS*. No, the blacks aren't nearly as black as the B6, but for whatever reason, that just doesn't bother me (or my wife).

I honestly think that modern LCD sets get a bad rap. It seems that a LOT of people went from Plasma to OLED and just don't realize just how far LCD tech has come (those people haven't owned an LCD for many years). If you can get a good, light-bleed-free LCD, they are an amazing value and have excellent picture quality - and the FALD sets have VERY good blacks. I've been very un-impressed with the whole 4k/HDR thing (regardless of whether it's an LCD or OLED set). Again, maybe it's partly due to my aging eyesight, but I really can't see the difference between 720p/1080p/4k. Even HDR so far has been underwhelming to me...

I know this won't be a very popular post in this OLED thread, but just my experiences and opinions. In the end, I went OLED because of the rave reviews and fact that there are no potential light bleed issues (didn't feel like dealing with potential light bleed issues and exchanges for LCD sets) - but I'm not so sure I'd go OLED again in the future, based on cost and *my usage* of the TV... A lot depends on how long the OLED lasts (my LCD sets seem to last forever).

post #16213 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
To be completely honest, I originally bought a Vizio M-Series (70") LCD set before the OLED B6 - and for the most part, the picture of the Vizio looked just as good as the B6 *to me*. Keep in mind that I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so that may play a part.

To me, the biggest benefit of OLED is that you don't have to deal with light bleed related issues.

I returned the Vizio because it had very obvious vertical "bands" when viewed from an angle (was fine when viewed head-on though) - otherwise, I was perfectly happy with the picture quality of the Vizio and would have kept it. Yes, the colors started to wash out if viewed from extreme angles, but even the OLED has color shift issues when viewed from angles.

I'm honestly not bothered by "imperfect" blacks. I still say that, overall, the picture on my older 1080p Vizio set (4 years old, edge-lit) for things like cable (which is the vast majority of what I watch) is better than my B6. Less noise, less noticeable "pixelation", smoother, artifact-free motion (with motion interpolation enabled) and just a sharper image in general - again *for cable/FIOS*. No, the blacks aren't nearly as black as the B6, but for whatever reason, that just doesn't bother me (or my wife).

I honestly think that modern LCD sets get a bad rap. It seems that a LOT of people went from Plasma to OLED and just don't realize just how far LCD tech has come (those people haven't owned an LCD for many years). If you can get a good, light-bleed-free LCD, they are an amazing value and have excellent picture quality - and the FALD sets have VERY good blacks. I've been very un-impressed with the whole 4k/HDR thing (regardless of whether it's an LCD or OLED set). Again, maybe it's partly due to my aging eyesight, but I really can't see the difference between 720p/1080p/4k. Even HDR so far has been underwhelming to me...

I know this won't be a very popular post in this OLED thread, but just my experiences and opinions. In the end, I went OLED because of the rave reviews and fact that there are no potential light bleed issues (didn't feel like dealing with potential light bleed issues and exchanges for LCD sets) - but I'm not so sure I'd go OLED again in the future, based on cost and *my usage* of the TV... A lot depends on how long the OLED lasts (my LCD sets seem to last forever).

Well, I never owned a FALD set, but I dont come from Plasma, I come from LCD, and the difference between the JU7100 and the LG C6 I have now is very very HUGE!
And also my LG C6 is looking better than any LCD I have seen in the stores.
True black, and infinite contrast make a big difference for me.. especially the way I am watching my content
I am satisfied with all the content I am watching.. the content I dont really like is director choices, like grain and stuff, but it has nothing to do with Oled.
I am sure content will look better and better with time on Oled TVs, when they start making more 4k content, and less grain bs..
Even HDR look amazing on my LG C6, and I am really hoping they make ton of Dolby Vision content, because it really has a lot of potential, but even regular HDR look amazing.
That's my 2 cents.... now I am back to playing Doom on my PS4 pro.
PTV Programmer and chunon like this.
post #16214 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 3775
Quote:
Well, I never owned a FALD set, but I dont come from Plasma, I come from LCD, and the difference between the JU7100 and the LG C6 I have now is very very HUGE!

And also my LG C6 is looking better than any LCD I have seen in the stores.

True black, and infinite contrast make a big difference for me.. especially the way I am watching my content

I am satisfied with all the content I am watching.. the content I dont really like is director choices, like grain and stuff, but it has nothing to do with Oled.

I am sure content will look better and better with time on Oled TVs, when they start making more 4k content, and less grain bs..

Even HDR look amazing on my LG C6, and I am really hoping they make ton of Dolby Vision content, because it really has a lot of potential, but even regular HDR look amazing.

That's my 2 cents.... now I am back to playing Doom on my PS4 pro.

Good post some people just don't understand contrast ratio and how important it is to overall pq. Let's face it Oled isn't for everyone not everyone appreciates or understands what oled brings to the table.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #16215 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Ain't nothing wrong with that. If you can't notice the difference, I'd suggest the LCD route which use usually cheaper/larger screen for the price past 65". Unfortunately I do notice the difference and paid the price. So well worth it <3

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #16216 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 226
I went from a Sharp LCD that had poor black levels to the B6. I watch in a dark environment, so the difference in everything was immediately noticeable. Not to mention that this was the first TV I've owned where the black bars on 2.35:1 movies actually blended in with the TV's bezel.

After an ISF calibration, things looked even better. That was money very well spent.
chunon and ziocomposite like this.
post #16217 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post
Does anyone have a fix for the Hulu app on the B6? It seems like my E6 has the same issue as well. It just keeps spinning and spinning when I start my TV and won't boot up. Then if I turn my TV off for like 10-15 minutes and turn it back on then it will boot up. There is no way to exit the app like on Netflix is there? The only thing I saw was logout and I don't want to login every single time. Thanks for your help.
I have that issue as well sometimes. I discovered a quick little work around which is basically going to LG content store and select some show that is on Hulu. Once you choose that show Hulu will fire right up. Don't ask me why but it seems like a bug obviously.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Denon X4200W, Emotiva XPA-5
Klipsch RF-7II Front Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RP-280FA Surround/Atmos (x2), RP-140SA Atmos (x2)
SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D, Sony UBP-X800, Synology NAS
LG OLED65C6P
post #16218 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Oh no

PC mode is useless since the last patch that fix 60hz motion. On the B
I'm using PC mode connected to my PC (as I'm using it as a monitor). Should I be using a different mode?
post #16219 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6669 Post(s)
Liked: 6665
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuEnglish View Post
Yea I'm super dragging my feet on a lot of stuff hoping Disney will jump on 4k hdr eventually and I can get a bunch of those in my library too. Thought about buying the Star Wars 1-6 digital copies to supplement my blu rays but if they will release them in 4k eventually I must hold out!
Oh they probably will Just more $$$.
post #16220 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
snip ...

snip..
I'm with you ... to a degree, but have a slightly different take. As you can see from my username, I'm no spring chicken. I started shopping for 4K HDR as an excuse to get a larger set. I still have a 4 year old 50" Samsung. I started out by trying a 55" KS800D from Costco. To be honest, most of the time the picture wasn't that much better than my older Samsung (to my aging eyes) so I returned it. Reading the reviews, I finally decided to try either an OLED or the new Sony 930E. I decided to try a 55B6 first, and quickly found that it's a keeper.

I found the colors and black levels to be amazing. My primary viewing is Dish TV through a Hopper 3, which I found to be surprisingly good. In fact, I can't fault the picture in the vast majority of what I watch and find it much better than my older HD TV.. I do find that poor source material doesn't fare as well. Dipping into my children's inheritance was money well spent.
ma1746 and ziocomposite like this.
post #16221 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 114
About picture quality with poor source material...if you use good quality set-top box with scaling, would it improve picture quality? I also find poor material to be a bit unclear to watch, hope i could improve it somehow.
hughh likes this.
post #16222 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder45 View Post
I'm using PC mode connected to my PC (as I'm using it as a monitor). Should I be using a different mode?
No.

For PC use, your can use PC mode.

I don't use it because I can't use motion interpolation in PC mode.

It will give you full chroma though 4:4:4 or RGB
post #16223 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I find the scaling of the LG B6 to be great. We watch DirecTV 95% of the time and I don't see any reported "noise". The picture is sharp and even the less than perfect shows still look great. Since I switched to Direct I get an occasional momentary freeze and or pixelation. I have checked the same channels where this occurs and I don't see this problem while using the outside antenna...meaning DirectTV is the probable culprit.

Our local live source programing usually looks awesome, quite possibly due to the extended contrast ratio that makes anything in front of a dark background look almost like 3D. My son made the mistake of purchasing a "nice" Sony 4K tv and every time he visits us he can't get over our B6 and now wishes he would've wait for an OLED.

EDIT: My eyes are probably older than anyone else's eyes viewing this thread. A hint: I am older than the Pope!
ma1746 likes this.

Last edited by hughh; 04-30-2017 at 11:49 AM.
post #16224 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Hmm. So no matter what I do Hulu won't load on internal app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried launching from the lg store. It just spins the loading screen. Any ideas?
post #16225 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, new here and cannot find info among 16,000 (!) posts, so sorry if this is a repeat. Has anyone connected this to a DirecTv HR 24 using the original DTV universal remote, and made it easier to bypass LG's input selection screen? When I program the DTV remote for by B6, the "input" just puts me back into the LG interface for changing inputs. I can't find any way for the DTV remote to close that dialog box - often reverting to the LG remote just to close it. My other devices are an Apple TV gen 4 (with it's lousy temote and interface), and a PC (small Intel NUC) to stream from as Apple TV gen 4 will not do 4K.

I don't like WebOS 3.0 at all - really awkward (sorry), and would love to be able to dumb down this thing. I tend to stream purchased iTunes content and my wife doesn't want to bother with anything but DTV. She always wins, so if I switch inputs, it needs to revert back to primary input when done. No easy way I can do that with WebOs 3. LG wants us to use their Internet apps (web os), and I want to use others. Is there no way to turn off the "smart" interface and turn it into a regular TV? Tia
post #16226 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfeldman View Post
Hi, new here and cannot find info among 16,000 (!) posts, so sorry if this is a repeat. Has anyone connected this to a DirecTv HR 24 using the original DTV universal remote, and made it easier to bypass LG's input selection screen? When I program the DTV remote for by B6, the "input" just puts me back into the LG interface for changing inputs. I can't find any way for the DTV remote to close that dialog box - often reverting to the LG remote just to close it. My other devices are an Apple TV gen 4 (with it's lousy temote and interface), and a PC (small Intel NUC) to stream from as Apple TV gen 4 will not do 4K.

I don't like WebOS 3.0 at all - really awkward (sorry), and would love to be able to dumb down this thing. I tend to stream purchased iTunes content and my wife doesn't want to bother with anything but DTV. She always wins, so if I switch inputs, it needs to revert back to primary input when done. No easy way I can do that with WebOs 3. LG wants us to use their Internet apps (web os), and I want to use others. Is there no way to turn off the "smart" interface and turn it into a regular TV? Tia
Can't help you with your DTV question, sorry, but you should at least give the in-built apps a chance, especially if you're looking to stream in 4K. The Netflix and Amazon apps work really well with these sets. And the built-in video player (via DLNA or USB) is surprisingly good. Will stream pretty much anything you throw at it, and in 4K. You might not even need that PC.
post #16227 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
I have serious Burn-in issues ... when the set is off, the black color completely covers the screen. So, to avoid the issue, our B6 needs to be on several hours a day. I believe my wife is now convinced and no longer complains.
post #16228 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

i had a samsung LCD in 2006 and after that i only owned plasmas, when time to get 4K tv i do not have any choice but to get LCD, i have quantum dot Samsung Curve JS9000 led tv, let me tell you LCD has not change one bit as far as clouding and light bleed is concerned they are as terrible and almost non watchable in dark due to cloudy screen in dark scenes, i have two samsung LCD which are non watchable in dark due to light bleed and of axis viewing also. I have made the decision of getting OLED as soon as price is under 3K for 65 which i got at Super Bow LG C6 , I will never go back to LCD, I will replace my LCD when possible with OLED, my OLED is in bright room and it is very bright enough for me. Edge lit super bright LCD with super light bleed are selling for more price than OLED is insane and making fool of customer with specs and numbers bright is mantra but in the process light bleed in unwatchable at night if you bring the bright down then why did you buy this tv in first place. Some of the offering of FALD sets are no better considering price point and their of axis viewing is still problem.
Samsung QLED marketing hype will end very soon when customers will realize they are duped, i don't see the price of 65 inch Tv sustaining 4-5K. they are slightly better than their edge lit 1.5K HDR sets. 5-6K OLED HDR sets sony will be hard to sustain, LG OLED really took traction with 2999.99 price last year no one buying them at 5K.
mikek likes this.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #16229 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just want to make sure, but I read that the TV will do the clean up cycles for you when it's off? Does it only do it if it's been on for 4+ hours? Just want to make sure I'm not missing manually doing them on a regular basis if I should be.
post #16230 of 28181 Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Good post some people just don't understand contrast ratio and how important it is to overall pq. Let's face it Oled isn't for everyone not everyone appreciates or understands what oled brings to the table.

Eh if you're leaning on the technical specs of contrast ratio to define a better subjective measure like picture quality you're doing it wrong.

You can believe the pq is better because of better ratios but that doesn't make it true. Comparing pq to pq on 2 calibrated sets in similar environment is the only way to really do it. But that's not happening for most people.

Really LCD is very good he's right. We are playing the edge cases here. Going from 90% to 95% for instance from LCD to oled while going from b6 to c7 might be 95 to 96%.

Sure it's a 5x bigger difference in pq upgrade going from LCD to b6 vs b6 to c7, but you still are starting pretty high.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page