AVS Forum banner
3M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  d3193 
#1 · (Edited)
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

#10,804 ·
How do I access the HDR game mode?

After updating the TV, I am not seeing it as an option?
It works. You have to play an HDR-capable game (or you can play any HDR content just to see it). When the TV is sent an HDR signal, you'll have a new picture mode option for HDR Game (along with the old ones for HDR Vivid, Bright and Standard).

#10,806 ·
Well, I spoke with the online support.

He told me dumb things and after a while, told me to RMA the TV.

Couple days later, I found the solution and lost hope in LG support.

Not even sure where to send my bug report.
Canadian calls get the outsourced "support" in the Philippines. To say that it is mostly useless and frustrating would be an understatement and I would use other words.

I don't understand how LG can allow this ...

#10,810 ·
Nope.. You have to wait for the UK version and I have to wait for the AU version :(
I was lucky. I've got the C6 in Australia, but the firmware isn't listed on the C6 page and isn't available via the check for updates. It is, however, available on the E6 page... The update file for the E6 covers the C6 & E6. I don't think the B6 is as lucky.

#10,812 · (Edited)
How does the processing in Game Mode and Cinema (or whatever its called) compare?

I had a top of the line Samsung plasma briefly before sending it back for a Panasonic and the Samsung's processing in game mode was awful (and the lag in normal mode was too bad to play a game or use a mouse on an HTPC, I think it was like 65ms), it was really grainy and had a really harsh contrast to it. But the Panasonic's game mode wasnt noticeably different in picture quality or lag. Ever since having the Samsung Ive been worried about "game mode" on TVs, it was really bad, like bargain bin Walmart TV bad, I dont want to deal with that with OLED and would rather wait and hope lag is fixed for 2017.

#10,814 ·
I was lucky. I've got the C6 in Australia, but the firmware isn't listed on the C6 page and isn't available via the check for updates. It is, however, available on the E6 page... The update file for the E6 covers the C6 & E6. I don't think the B6 is as lucky.
The B6 software coves a few models too, maybe search under those?

SW File(Version 04.30.77) for OLED*5B6P-U,**UH7500-UA,**UH7700-UB,70UH6350-UB

#10,816 ·
I think its just the HTML5 performance of the TV for one thing. I have the TV hardwired into a wireless bridge and I know I am getting my full 175Mbps down on that bridge because I hooked my PC up to it to test it. But here is an example of some testing I just did:

Speedtest.net (TV / HTML5 version): ~20Mbps
Netflix speedtest (TV): ~30Mbps
Speedtest.net (PC / HTML5 version): Not even working now
Speedtest.net (PC / flash version): ~175Mbps
SpeedOfMe (PC): ~125Mbps
SpeedOfMe (TV): fails
OpenSpeedTest (PC): ~175Mbps
OpenSpeedTest (TV): ~70Mbps
PC hooked to wireless bridge (same as TV): ~175Mbps
iPhone SpeedTest app: ~175Mbps everywhere in the house

The speedtest.net (flash) test gives me 175Mbps no matter when I try it, etc. Same number every time.

Like I said, all over the place :). BTW, like I said above, my TV is wired into a high-end bridge, so I am not using the TVs Wi-Fi.

Can you guys see if OpenSpeedTest works for you guys?
I wondering if you have this problem with the app for yuotube of this TV, I have 20Mbps and the app say only 2 or 4Mbps so I could not even watch ultra HD, I been fighting with my IPS for the last two month about but I only see that could be problem with the TV now.

#10,819 ·
#10,820 ·
Holy crow! I just updated to the new firmware and there is no doubt the OTA picture has gotten much sharper! It had a smeared quality to it before and now I can see all of John McCain's wrinkles, haha!

It was really noticeable to me as soon as it came back from rebooting. I'll check streaming and blu ray after dinner.

Anyone else notice any differences since the update? I'm also hoping it helps with my audio dropouts. So far so good.