2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 542 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264309Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #16231 of 28465 Old 04-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
jtrosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
i had a samsung LCD in 2006 and after that i only owned plasmas, when time to get 4K tv i do not have any choice but to get LCD, i have quantum dot Samsung Curve JS9000 led tv, let me tell you LCD has not change one bit as far as clouding and light bleed is concerned they are as terrible and almost non watchable in dark due to cloudy screen in dark scenes, i have two samsung LCD which are non watchable in dark due to light bleed and of axis viewing also. I have made the decision of getting OLED as soon as price is under 3K for 65 which i got at Super Bow LG C6 , I will never go back to LCD, I will replace my LCD when possible with OLED, my OLED is in bright room and it is very bright enough for me. Edge lit super bright LCD with super light bleed are selling for more price than OLED is insane and making fool of customer with specs and numbers bright is mantra but in the process light bleed in unwatchable at night if you bring the bright down then why did you buy this tv in first place. Some of the offering of FALD sets are no better considering price point and their of axis viewing is still problem.
Samsung QLED marketing hype will end very soon when customers will realize they are duped, i don't see the price of 65 inch Tv sustaining 4-5K. they are slightly better than their edge lit 1.5K HDR sets. 5-6K OLED HDR sets sony will be hard to sustain, LG OLED really took traction with 2999.99 price last year no one buying them at 5K.
See, I've had a different experience with LCD. I currently have 4 LCD's in my house and not one has a hint of light bleed - or clouding for that matter. Granted, I've not owned a large-screen Samsung LCD in particular, but the Vizio, Panasonic and Toshiba LCD's that I do have simply do not have light bleed issues (all edge-lit) - and the Panasonic and Toshibas are probably 10+ years old! I did exchange the Vizio once when I first bought it because of minor light bleed though.

But I agree - light bleed remains a big potential issue with LCD - and it's one of the reason I went with OLED - after dealing with the banding issue on the Vizio M-series (including 1 exchange), I didn't feel like playing the "lottery" and potentially having to exchange another (different) LCD model. But OLED has it's own set of potential issues, as seen in these threads (banding, IR/burn-in, uniformity, motion, highlighting issues with poor quality sources, etc). If you get a good, light-bleed free LCD, they can be pretty damn impressive, especially considering the price. And FALD LCD makes potential light bleed issues MUCH less "obvious" (and they have MUCH better blacks).

Maybe I've just been lucky with the LCD's that I've owned - or maybe it's because I've never owned a big-screen Samsung LCD! :-) It's strange - most people seem to think that Samsung makes great LCD sets, but I've seen a lot of complaints about them recently.

Sent from my Vi10 Plus using Tapatalk
jtrosky is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16232 of 28465 Old 04-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuEnglish View Post
Eh if you're leaning on the technical specs of contrast ratio to define a better subjective measure like picture quality you're doing it wrong.

You can believe the pq is better because of better ratios but that doesn't make it true. Comparing pq to pq on 2 calibrated sets in similar environment is the only way to really do it. But that's not happening for most people.

Really LCD is very good he's right. We are playing the edge cases here. Going from 90% to 95% for instance from LCD to oled while going from b6 to c7 might be 95 to 96%.

Sure it's a 5x bigger difference in pq upgrade going from LCD to b6 vs b6 to c7, but you still are starting pretty high.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
90% to 95% from LCD to OLED.....?
What the..... you lost me there
Maybe an appointment to an Ophthalmologist would treat you good?
Yeah LCD are very good TVs, but not comparable to Oled TVs at all!!!! it is a totally different league.
Plus Oled TVs are way better than when it started, thanks to LG... and I am pretty sure it will keep going better and better especially since other brands started making Oled TVs.. while LCD will still be stuck far behind.
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #16233 of 28465 Old 04-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: venice ca
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Anyone noticing banding on their c6 with ps pro hdr or Dolby vision streaming?

Could a recalibration for just hdr or Dolby vision modes ( if it works that way) correct it?
Jeff Morrissette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16234 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone else noticed that on the B6 darker scenes and darker colors seem to smear/blur a lot more than bright scenes/colors on the B6?
Michael Wegehaupt is offline  
post #16235 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Senior Member
 
nodixe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuaBlue View Post
I think there might also be the same setting in a C6... If anyone with either model can comment, would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Hello. 55b6p here. I don't know if this was answered for you but I will check and post back in a few minutes...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
nodixe is offline  
post #16236 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 03:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHorse View Post
Can't help you with your DTV question, sorry, but you should at least give the in-built apps a chance, especially if you're looking to stream in 4K. The Netflix and Amazon apps work really well with these sets. And the built-in video player (via DLNA or USB) is surprisingly good. Will stream pretty much anything you throw at it, and in 4K. You might not even need that PC.
Thanks, but I much prefer to buy iTunes content. Netflix has gotten pretty stale these days - and Amazon's streaming is not the best - mostly it's HD being often less than 1080p. They've really gotten sleazy about the content that they stream. I'm not so much an Apple groupie, but really think they've got iTunes down these days to a smooth running operation. The Gen 5 TV is supposed to come out in the Fall and stream 4K. The only thing I don't like about Apple TV are their little tacky remotes.

I guess the deciding factor is that the Web oS interface requires their remote, and DirecTv has another. My wife wins - always!
jonfeldman is offline  
post #16237 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked: 3898
2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuEnglish View Post
Eh if you're leaning on the technical specs of contrast ratio to define a better subjective measure like picture quality you're doing it wrong.

You can believe the pq is better because of better ratios but that doesn't make it true. Comparing pq to pq on 2 calibrated sets in similar environment is the only way to really do it. But that's not happening for most people.

Really LCD is very good he's right. We are playing the edge cases here. Going from 90% to 95% for instance from LCD to oled while going from b6 to c7 might be 95 to 96%.

Sure it's a 5x bigger difference in pq upgrade going from LCD to b6 vs b6 to c7, but you still are starting pretty high.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sorry don't agree , if we are talking high end LCD yes but not an LCD from 2010. LCD picture is flat and without depth when compared to oled . obviously you are free to buy what ever you want but the difference from a late model plasma or oled to an edge lit led is night and day. contrast ratio is the single most important pq characteristic. That's what slot of people don't get the base of great contrast ratio is black level . It affects every scene not just dark content.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 05-01-2017 at 05:08 AM.
chunon is online now  
post #16238 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,407
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
I think I may be getting my TVs mixed up but does the B6 have a screen wipe mode in the user menu that moves a black/white image across the screen to clean up any minor image retention from having calibration patterns up?
JimP is offline  
post #16239 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
umenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wegehaupt View Post
Has anyone else noticed that on the B6 darker scenes and darker colors seem to smear/blur a lot more than bright scenes/colors on the B6?
Not on good source material (high bitrate)
umenon is offline  
post #16240 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I think I may be getting my TVs mixed up but does the B6 have a screen wipe mode in the user menu that moves a black/white image across the screen to clean up any minor image retention from having calibration patterns up?


no Jim there is the automatic comp cycle which runs after 4 hours of usage and a manual one you can run anytime that one runs about an hour.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JimP likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #16241 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi senior members.

Not sure where to go but found this helpful forum so I hope to get some advice and direction.

I live in Canada and recently upgraded my B6 to firmware version 04.31.15 (via download to USB from LG Canada website). However, both before and after the upgrade I still don't have "HDR Game Mode" as a selectable option. Does anybody have the same issue?

Spent an 30 mins on LG support and all they could come up with was to turn TV on and off. They said they would call me back...

Any help would be super appreciated.
clementino is offline  
post #16242 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:22 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
90% to 95% from LCD to OLED.....?
What the..... you lost me there
Maybe an appointment to an Ophthalmologist would treat you good?
Yeah LCD are very good TVs, but not comparable to Oled TVs at all!!!! it is a totally different league.
Plus Oled TVs are way better than when it started, thanks to LG... and I am pretty sure it will keep going better and better especially since other brands started making Oled TVs.. while LCD will still be stuck far behind.
Well, to be fair, in a bright room with windows, there's not much difference between LCD and OLED. I think it's figure are right.

However in any dark room, the difference is MASSIVE. LCD just can't look good.
Quebecker is offline  
post #16243 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Warder45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
no Jim there is the automatic comp cycle which runs after 4 hours of usage and a manual one you can run anytime that one runs about an hour.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do most people leave the manual one alone unless they see IR?
Warder45 is offline  
post #16244 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder45 View Post
So do most people leave the manual one alone unless they see IR?


It will run at 2000 hours , opinions vary I run it once a month or so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #16245 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:27 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by clementino View Post
Hi senior members.

Not sure where to go but found this helpful forum so I hope to get some advice and direction.

I live in Canada and recently upgraded my B6 to firmware version 04.31.15 (via download to USB from LG Canada website). However, both before and after the upgrade I still don't have "HDR Game Mode" as a selectable option. Does anybody have the same issue?

Spent an 30 mins on LG support and all they could come up with was to turn TV on and off. They said they would call me back...

Any help would be super appreciated.
You need to have an HDR signal in via HDMI. It doesn't work via internal apps.

First have an HDMI device. Second you'll see the HDR Badge pop-up if an HDR signal is detected. Third, select HDR game mode.
Quebecker is offline  
post #16246 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,407
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
no Jim there is the automatic comp cycle which runs after 4 hours of usage and a manual one you can run anytime that one runs about an hour.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks chunon

Can you think of any disk (calibration or otherwise) that might have the equivalent of a scrolling bar or something to help eliminate temporary IR? hmmm...wonder if that live static pattern I've seen somewhere would do? Where did I see it? (brain working on it)
JimP is offline  
post #16247 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Thanks chunon

Can you think of any disk (calibration or otherwise) that might have the equivalent of a scrolling bar or something to help eliminate temporary IR? hmmm...wonder if that live static pattern I've seen somewhere would do? Where did I see it? (brain working on it)

do you have Disney wow? the pixel flipper would work I think .



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #16248 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,407
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
do you have Disney wow? the pixel flipper would work I think .



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep...got that one.

Thanks again
JimP is offline  
post #16249 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 06:28 AM
Member
 
mentsmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuEnglish View Post
I don't consider the switch as a similar device to x1 and PS4. The graphics aren't nearly as sharp and this will be extremely noticeable on a screen like this imo.
"Noticeable" how? I have an xbox 1S and a PS4 but we cranked up the wii u this past weekend and it looked great.
mentsmin is offline  
post #16250 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 06:54 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentsmin View Post
"Noticeable" how? I have an xbox 1S and a PS4 but we cranked up the wii u this past weekend and it looked great.
It should be just as sharp as the X1 and PS4. Not the 4k version of those console of course.

The switch should output most game at 1080P. Zelda is quite power hungry and run at 900P.... Like a huge numbers of X1 games.
Quebecker is offline  
post #16251 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by clementino View Post
Hi senior members.

Not sure where to go but found this helpful forum so I hope to get some advice and direction.

I live in Canada and recently upgraded my B6 to firmware version 04.31.15 (via download to USB from LG Canada website). However, both before and after the upgrade I still don't have "HDR Game Mode" as a selectable option. Does anybody have the same issue?

Spent an 30 mins on LG support and all they could come up with was to turn TV on and off. They said they would call me back...

Any help would be super appreciated.
Enable HD Deep Color on all of your inputs. This should do it!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #16252 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Well, to be fair, in a bright room with windows, there's not much difference between LCD and OLED. I think it's figure are right.

However in any dark room, the difference is MASSIVE. LCD just can't look good.
Sorry to disagree with you on this. Our B6 is in the same bright living room and in the same spot as the Sony 60" was and the difference in pq is huge! Also, the B6 is so much better than the Sony at rejecting reflections, it's not even close.

Now, the Sony looks better in the dark bedroom than it ever did in the light living room. I'll never know how the B6 looks in the dark.
Wife refuses to watch any tv in the dark!
hughh is offline  
post #16253 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
It should be just as sharp as the X1 and PS4. Not the 4k version of those console of course.

The switch should output most game at 1080P. Zelda is quite power hungry and run at 900P.... Like a huge numbers of X1 games.
Breath of wild looks sweet on my Switch / B6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks amazing too. These games are so much fun. I played Kart all weekend!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #16254 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Well, to be fair, in a bright room with windows, there's not much difference between LCD and OLED. I think it's figure are right.

However in any dark room, the difference is MASSIVE. LCD just can't look good.
Well, yes and no..
To me, a movie is only fully enjoyable in DARK rooms..
Unless you are watching Alice in wonderland all day
But these days even fairy tale movies got dark scenes, and they do look very beautiful on the LG B6/C6 in the dark
There is a reason why cinemas turn off the light when we watching our movies there!! and it is not to save energy for the ecosystem!!!!!!!
My point is if you are watching movies in bright rooms, you are already loosing a lot of PQ, so there is no point for me to even compare those TVs for bright rooms
And I still think Oled TVs look better than LCD TVs in bright rooms!!!!! it might not make a massive difference like in dark room, but it is still there!!!
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #16255 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Clement Afficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
You know, some reviewers act like for instance LG B6/C6 is comparable with KS9000
Thank God I did my own research!!!!! A lot of people in this forum helped, and I saw info in other sites as well
People need to get this out of their head, those TVs are not comparable, LCD is just far behind
I say that, because I was looking for a TV few days ago, and for me it was very confusing, it almost made me buy the KS8000
Now I am so glad I did not!!!
And comparing TVs in the stores doesnt help either (even though I was unable to find an Oled in stores, but I did see KS TVs), because the settings they have there, and the light in the room does not do LG Oled any justice
There is a huge reason why Plasma owner cannot cope with LCD TVs
So we need to move on, and stop acting like LCD is in the same league while they are very far behind... for me it is Oled or nothing now
Clement Afficial is offline  
post #16256 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:48 AM
 
Quebecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,490
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughh View Post
Sorry to disagree with you on this. Our B6 is in the same bright living room and in the same spot as the Sony 60" was and the difference in pq is huge! Also, the B6 is so much better than the Sony at rejecting reflections, it's not even close.

Now, the Sony looks better in the dark bedroom than it ever did in the light living room. I'll never know how the B6 looks in the dark.
Wife refuses to watch any tv in the dark!
Was your Sony a 4k HDR tv ?

I'm comparing it with similar TV.

I had a Sony X850D. It was total garbage in dimmed room or dark room, but in my living room during a bright day, it was quite good. It only stayed there 2 days before I sold that crappy TV. I made sure the future buyer of the TV came during the day. I turned on all the light in the Room, the sun was shining and the TV looked good (Not as good as OLED, but much much closer.). They were impress and bought it !!!
Quebecker is offline  
post #16257 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hamburg Township, Michigan
Posts: 1,536
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Was your Sony a 4k HDR tv ?

I'm comparing it with similar TV.

I had a Sony X850D. It was total garbage in dimmed room or dark room, but in my living room during a bright day, it was quite good. It only stayed there 2 days before I sold that crappy TV. I made sure the future buyer of the TV came during the day. I turned on all the light in the Room, the sun was shining and the TV looked good (Not as good as OLED, but much much closer.). They were impress and bought it !!!
Yeah I agree! I had the 2015 Sony 79X900B 4K LCD/LED $5,000 tv and it was horrible in a dark room. I had so much edge light bleeding and blooming on that thing I had to sell it. The quality of an LCD is just not the same as an OLED. Picture is night and day.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #16258 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hughh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arlington TX
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebecker View Post
Was your Sony a 4k HDR tv ?

I'm comparing it with similar TV.

I had a Sony X850D. It was total garbage in dimmed room or dark room, but in my living room during a bright day, it was quite good. It only stayed there 2 days before I sold that crappy TV. I made sure the future buyer of the TV came during the day. I turned on all the light in the Room, the sun was shining and the TV looked good (Not as good as OLED, but much much closer.). They were impress and bought it !!!
Hahahaha...you'd make a great used car salesman!!!
hughh is offline  
post #16259 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Sorry don't agree , if we are talking high end LCD yes but not an LCD from 2010. LCD picture is flat and without depth when compared to oled . obviously you are free to buy what ever you want but the difference from a late model plasma or oled to an edge lit led is night and day. contrast ratio is the single most important pq characteristic. That's what slot of people don't get the base of great contrast ratio is black level . It affects every scene not just dark content.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


We are talking high end oled so why wouldn't we also be talking high end LCD?

Comparing a 2016 oled to a 2010 LCD is ridiculous.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KungFuEnglish is offline  
post #16260 of 28465 Old 05-01-2017, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,518
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked: 3898
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuEnglish View Post
We are talking high end oled so why wouldn't we also be talking high end LCD?

Comparing a 2016 oled to a 2010 LCD is ridiculous.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I didn't make that comparison someone else did , regardless I have owned both including a flagship fald to me the difference is significant .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PalJoey and Superman23 like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off