2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 551 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264248Likes

post #16501 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Okay just making sure hehe! It bugs my OCD if you know what I mean lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol yes I know exactly what you mean
sechev00 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16502 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement Afficial View Post
Has anyone tried HDR Effect? Most of the time I am using Expert Dark, but I find HDR Effect very good for some content!
I have and it can look pretty good. However.........I have noticed in some scenes, there can be significant white crush, particularly on some winter footage I took with my FDR-AX100 4K camcorder. On other, more typical, cable content, it adds quite a bit of POP and can look pretty good. Funny thing is, sometimes I have to go and check my settings thinking I left the HDR effect ON but it was actually on EXPERT dark room. This set definitely looks superior even on non-HDR content (and I'm comparing it with my 2014 Samsung 65" 8550 mounted in the same room).
post #16503 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Liked: 6845
Quote:
I like when it is the night, and I see the screen saver of LG C6, some type of fireworks.. because all the TV is deep black, but you can see the little looking like firework popping on the screen, its crazy nice...
No TV looks good during the day........ These OLED's are amazing......
pbc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16504 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post
I have and it can look pretty good. However.........I have noticed in some scenes, there can be significant white crush, particularly on some winter footage I took with my FDR-AX100 4K camcorder. On other, more typical, cable content, it adds quite a bit of POP and can look pretty good. Funny thing is, sometimes I have to go and check my settings thinking I left the HDR effect ON but it was actually on EXPERT dark room. This set definitely looks superior even on non-HDR content (and I'm comparing it with my 2014 Samsung 65" 8550 mounted in the same room).
Yeah I know, the best settings most of the time is expert dark
But some content really look good with HDR effect
Also, you can for example watch the movie in expert dark the first time, then when you watch it again you switch to HDR effect, it will definitely give you another side of the movie, like watching a new movie.. but of course that doesnt work for all the movies because it looks like crap on some movies, but it looks very nice in some, or at least some scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
No TV looks good during the day........ These OLED's are amazing......
Yeah thats exactly what I was saying..
There is no point saying that LCD can compare to Oled TVs in bright rooms, because you are not even supposed to watch movies like that.
But even then, I still think Oled is really superior in bright rooms..
However my preferred movies are dark movies, so for me Oled is like 100x better... man I just love looking at my TV and enjoying dark scenes, even with 1080p content!!!!!!!
I am so glad I did not wait more for some other Oled TVs or something...
post #16505 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
I like when it is the night, and I see the screen saver of LG C6, some type of fireworks.. because all the TV is deep black, but you can see the little looking like firework popping on the screen, its crazy nice...

Try this from YouTube when you get a chance:

4K 5min StarField Waves 2160P FREE Motion Background
post #16506 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo/lurker View Post

Holly ffff.........................................My jaw dropped on the floor.....
WOW..... now I am really impressed!!! I thought I was in space or something... even my adreadine going faster and stuff haha
Thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could make THIS my Oled screen saver!
post #16507 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Quote:

I really liked it too. Really shows off the depth this tv is capable of.
post #16508 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Holly ffff.........................................My jaw dropped on the floor.....
WOW..... now I am really impressed!!! I thought I was in space or something... even my adreadine going faster and stuff haha
Thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could make THIS my Oled screen saver!
We can't even change those 4 boring wallpaper, don't even think about changing the Screensaver.
dodo/lurker likes this.
post #16509 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently bought a B6 and the locked wide colour gamut in SDR Game Mode is pretty annoying. Is LG going to fix this with a firmware update so that we can choose normal/limited?
post #16510 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
DeJudder very, VERY much affects 24Hz content as well. The very nature of the DJ setting is to eliminate the 24hz judder. It also affects 30fps content as well. Maybe even 60fps content, although this would be a lot less noticeable. The purpose of DJ is to "guess" what the image will be in the missing frames.

DeBlur is not just for 24Hz content either. It affects all content. This might even be more beneficial to 60fps content, allowing for the additional frames to be more noticeable (this is just my own speculation).

Again these settings are highly subjective, as I said in my last couple of posts. If you're not seeing any SOE with Dejudder at 2, then you are not as sensitive to SOE as you stated that you are in your subsequent post. That's quite okay though, again because these settings are highly subjective to the individuals preference, visual perception, and visual acuity. For me personally, I still notice a bit of SOE even with setting of DJ 1 / DB 0. So that would make me even more sensitive to SOE than you.

"Blur reduction affects 60 fps content, and judder reduction 30 and less"

I mixed it up. That's why theres no difference in the cable box with DJ 2 or 10 or whatever. I do see the SOE on movies intermittently with DJ 2 but it's worth it overall.
post #16511 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Definitely check out The Last of Us Remastered. I popped that baby in last night and the game is phenomenal looking. I was more impressed with how HDR looked on TLOU compared to Uncharted 4. That good! Great time to have these systems with such great games and an awesome beast to play them on!
Hey... thanks for the tip! I don't have a Playstation... so I went looking on youtube hoping for at least a nice high quality video. After looking a half dozen poor quality and a not so bad 1080 clip... (and ignoring all the the "click bait" marked as "Official") I jumped over to the Playstation website. They have a > Watch Now button < for The Last Of Us Part II. It will redirect you to youtube... but once you get there you can select a 4K setting to view.

WOW! game graphics sure have come a long way. The life like detail that starts at 50 seconds is really amazing. Just FYI: I didn't view it via any of the LG built in apps. My B65P is set up as a monitor via my PC and a GTX 960 a GTX 960 4GB SSC Gaming GPU.

Not the best screen capture but you get the idea...
Clement Afficial and sechev00 like this.

Last edited by Elton Noway; 05-04-2017 at 02:33 PM.
post #16512 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

Did you use the LG YouTube app?
post #16513 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Hey... thanks for the tip! I don't have a Playstation... so I went looking on youtube hoping for at least a nice high quality video. After looking a half dozen poor quality and a not so bad 1080 clip... (and ignoring all the the "click bait" marked as "Official") I jumped over to the Playstation website. They have a > Watch Now button < for The Last Of Us Part II. It will redirect you to youtube... but once you get there you can select a 4K setting to view.

WOW! game graphics sure have come a long way. The life like detail that starts at 50 seconds is really amazing. Just FYI: I didn't view it via any of the LG built in apps. My B65P is set up as a monitor via my PC and a GTX 960 a GTX 960 4GB SSC Gaming GPU.

Are you planning on getting a PlayStation after that trailer!? TLOU2 is going to be something else. They've done a great job with remastering the first one and that already looked great on PS3. I look back at when they did the reveal trailer at E3, you can tell the crowd lost it. That game alone is worth having a PlayStation for.
post #16514 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yup
I expect The Last Of Us 2 to be killing it, destroying all the other games PQ.
Even PC games..... I dont know, there is something unique PS4 games do that make the game looking so nice, even with lower graphic power.
Naughty dog games are always way ahead of their time
And also history repeat itself, the further we are in a console generation, the better the game graphics are..
sechev00 likes this.

Last edited by Clement Afficial; 05-04-2017 at 02:50 PM.
post #16515 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTV Programmer View Post
Did you use the LG YouTube app?
Yep - used the onboard TV app for YouTube. The creator/username of that vid has others that look pretty good too. Especially ones with black backgrounds and moving and/or pulsing colors. I think they're nice little demos for the OLEDs.

I believe all or most are in 4k.
post #16516 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Loved Uncharted 4 Drakes Fortune in HDR! That game was gorgeous on the B6!

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #16517 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 57
About 2 weeks after I got my c6 I noticed a dead pixel but a few days later it dissapeared , today I noticed another dead pixel which is more noticeable, anyone know what causes this, and is is just part of oleds? I've had the tv since mid march.
post #16518 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 1792
@chunon

Watching Deepwater Horizon on the Oppo 203 that just arrived, using HDR Standard with Warm 1 (I know Warm 2 is more accurate but Warm 1 gives the picture a little more pop for me).

AND. IT. IS. FANTASTIC.

I won't say the Xbox One S was the limiting factor, but being the first movie watched on the Oppo, Deepwater Horizon has got me saying "Wow, a good UHD/HDR is incredible" just like the first time I ever saw a first-rate Blu-ray back in 2008.

All is well in the world now. Cannot wait for some Dolby Vision titles to start dropping.

What I find especially lovely about HDR is the subtle details that now make themselves noticed. For instance, when Mark Whalberg's character is talking to John Malcovich's character in the workshop, Mark's red jumpsuit looks flawless and perfectly red but it's also how sharp and white the lettering on his jumpsuit appears. It's as if the white lettering isn't stitched on his jumpsuit but rather a neon light glowing perfectly white with the word "TransOcean". Subtle but somehow these small improvements add up to an even better picture/experience.
chunon likes this.

Last edited by BigCoolJesus; 05-04-2017 at 05:09 PM.
post #16519 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

I just finished watching Rogue One, and it was AMAZING
The funny thing is it is not even 4k, or HDR
But it looked really good!!!
I think it is a very good movie for an Oled TV, because there are a lot of dark scenes
But I cant lie I couldnt stop thinking how it would look like in 4k HDR
I watched it in 1080p, and I think it is the best looking 1080p movie I ever seen (but got my Oled not long ago, so maybe I am an ignorant lol).
post #16520 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
That starfield thing made my eyes go googly. When I ended it everything was falling away from me. Interesting optical illusion.
tylerk86 likes this.
post #16521 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
I think KungFuEnglish just got that backwards.
- de-judder is for 24hz and 30hz content
- de-blur is for 50hz and 60hz content

If you have your TV connected to a PC it's very easy to test what de-judder and de-blur are actually doing.

Just set the TV to the desired refresh rate, go to this website and play with the dj db sliders on the TV while watching the UFOs.

https://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting

If the TV is in 24hz or 30hz mode: de-judder will make the motion smoother and de-blur does absolutely nothing.

If the TV is in 50hz or 60hz mode: de-blur will make the motion smoother and de-judder does absolutely nothing.

So de-judder and de-blur don't work in collaboration. Depending on content it's either one or the other that affects the motion.
Now I am really confused.

Dejudder affects every mode and input I use. I have never noticed Deblur do anything.

I do not have a PC connected, but isn't Directv 60 htz? Dejudder has a big effect on directv.

I'll check out the UFOs and see what I see.
post #16522 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone have any recommended settings for Game Mode on the 55" C6? I know rtings recommend just changing the picture mode from Expert Dark to Game mode, but the picture looks a lot different when doing this (especially the color temperature which looks a lot more blue in the white).

TV: LG OLED55C6

Speakers:
Vizio SB4551-D5​
post #16523 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
@chunon

Watching Deepwater Horizon on the Oppo 203 that just arrived, using HDR Standard with Warm 1 (I know Warm 2 is more accurate but Warm 1 gives the picture a little more pop for me).

AND. IT. IS. FANTASTIC.

I won't say the Xbox One S was the limiting factor, but being the first movie watched on the Oppo, Deepwater Horizon has got me saying "Wow, a good UHD/HDR is incredible" just like the first time I ever saw a first-rate Blu-ray back in 2008.

All is well in the world now. Cannot wait for some Dolby Vision titles to start dropping.

What I find especially lovely about HDR is the subtle details that now make themselves noticed. For instance, when Mark Whalberg's character is talking to John Malcovich's character in the workshop, Mark's red jumpsuit looks flawless and perfectly red but it's also how sharp and white the lettering on his jumpsuit appears. It's as if the white lettering isn't stitched on his jumpsuit but rather a neon light glowing perfectly white with the word "TransOcean". Subtle but somehow these small improvements add up to an even better picture/experience.

Cool ! Glad you are enjoying it. Did you notice the crew uniform colors? Very vibrant color I believe this is outside the rec 709 possible combos and shows what the wider color gamut brings to the table .

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #16524 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Has anyone tried HDR Effect? Most of the time I am using Expert Dark, but I find HDR Effect very good for some content!
Occasionally I use it on certain news broadcasts when they get washed out.

Brings back the punch ...the wash out is usually content related from my Comcast signal

LN55A950 2008 - 2012
Sharp Elite Pro-60x5fd (ChadB calibrated) 2013 - Present
LG OLED65B6P (ChadB calibrated) 2017 - Present
post #16525 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2249 Post(s)
Liked: 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Cool ! Glad you are enjoying it. Did you notice the crew uniform colors? Very vibrant color I believe this is outside the rec 709 possible combos and shows what the wider color gamut brings to the table .

Most definitely! That's what really impresses me about a great UHD/HDR mastering: so many smaller parts of the movie can be impacted so greatly. The red jumpsuits the crew wear really jump out now. It's not like a neon red or a glowing red that one can reproduce with a "Vivid" mode on any TV...it's like a shade of red I just haven't seen before. And like I mentioned, because HDR allows for very bright highlights, even something as mundane as the lettering on their jumpsuits just pops and adds a whole new factor to scenes.

And even on my 55" screen, the uptick in detail is unmistakable. Especially in the faces. And the amount of detail in the background of shots really brings a new sense of depth and clarity.
chunon likes this.
post #16526 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just got the B6 today and have a few comments/questions.

1) Firmware is 4.30.77 and says its current I saw a lot of comments about firmware and using USB, but it should autoupdate if its set correct?

2) Can't seem to get my Denon 6200 to work with this set and wondered if anyone else had any issues getting them to work correctly with the HDMI control. I am beginning to wonder if its not compatible.

3) I am running everything through the Denon then out to TV. Tomorrow I want to try and play with running directly to the Panel, just not enough inputs I think.

4) Picture looked good as soon as I switched to Cinema mode. but was looking through the thread about others settings. Did not see much as yet.

Don't really want to run any calibration until it settles in for a few weeks but it looks pretty good already. So tomorrow and this weekend will be fun to say the least.
post #16527 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 07:57 PM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffel View Post
1) When watching some content on Netflix (I first noticed this w/ Peaky Blinders), the left side of the screen is cropped by ~1 cm. Cycling through the Aspect Ratio setting back to "Original" resolves the problem & fills the screen.

2) Sometimes, the sound gets transmitted through Stereo instead of 5.1. Exiting back to the Netflix homepage & restarting the show returns it to 5.1... Very odd.

Not sure if it's strictly Netflix, may be some other content as well but I'll try to double-check tonight.

Anyone else noticed this?
Ok so everything related to this TV just gets piled into this thread? No wonder I can't find the answer to jack **** on this.
post #16528 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Most definitely! That's what really impresses me about a great UHD/HDR mastering: so many smaller parts of the movie can be impacted so greatly. The red jumpsuits the crew wear really jump out now. It's not like a neon red or a glowing red that one can reproduce with a "Vivid" mode on any TV...it's like a shade of red I just haven't seen before. And like I mentioned, because HDR allows for very bright highlights, even something as mundane as the lettering on their jumpsuits just pops and adds a whole new factor to scenes.

And even on my 55" screen, the uptick in detail is unmistakable. Especially in the faces. And the amount of detail in the background of shots really brings a new sense of depth and clarity.
I got the 55 inches as well, but C6.
And honestly, I can not see myself getting a bigger TV.. that 55 inches is already killing my eyes haha, especially that I like gaming and stuff, and its not comfortable on a big screen.
Maybe in future I will buy a 65 as an extra TV, but for now 55 is maximum for me!
post #16529 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffel View Post
Ok so everything related to this TV just gets piled into this thread? No wonder I can't find the answer to jack **** on this.
Yep.... pretty much. If you have a question , concern, issue etc with your OLED set you can ask about it here. Nothing new here... it works like every other forum on the internet dedicated to a specific product or service from cellphones to automobiles and everything in between. Granted theres a ton of information in this thread... and a lot to dig through... but its far more informative and accurate than using Google search, getting a million hits... and trying to sort out all the ads and hype from the facts in the hopes of finding the answer you are looking for.
post #16530 of 28339 Old 05-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Yep.... pretty much. If you have a question , concern, issue etc with your OLED set you can ask about it here. Nothing new here... it works like every other forum on the internet dedicated to a specific product or service from cellphones to automobiles and everything in between. Granted theres a ton of information in this thread... and a lot to dig through... but its far more informative and accurate than using Google search, getting a million hits... and trying to sort out all the ads and hype from the facts in the hopes of finding the answer you are looking for.
Ok, let's see how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page