AVS Forum banner
3M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  d3193 
#1 · (Edited)
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

#13,421 ·
For those that have the 65c model, do you notice any crosstalk with right or left off angle viewing?

I noticed some say that if the tv is mounted too low or too high, you may see crosstalk during 3D but wanted to know if the tv is mounted close to eye level do you still see crosstalk with off angle (left or right) viewing?

Any help is appreciated.
No problems with angle viewing here but if I get off the theater seats and sit on the floor then the 3D picture becomes unwatchable...

#13,423 ·
Does anyone else experience instances of localized (to a small part of the screen) motion stutter, like in arm or head movements? I think this is different than judder but could be wrong. We have DirecTV. I notice it a lot on some programs (frequently local network shows), not at all on many others. Anyone know what I'm talking about or know of any way to address it? As best I can recall, I noticed similar issues with our prior LED set.

#13,424 ·
Hi guys,
I"m looking into buying 2016 B6 65". What's a good place to buy? I have had projectors and every projector I purchased, the MSRP was way higher than what I ended up buying. Sometimes like 40% lower. I haven't bought TV in a while and don't know how it goes. I"m also thinking if I should go for a used one. What would be a good price for used one?
Price for a used one? Wow... I would think finding someone selling their 2016 B6 65" at this point in time would only be because it has panel defect flaws they can't live with and are past their return period. That said, if your search Amazon for OLED65B6P you'll find several places selling used, refurbished etc with prices all over the place. MSRP on these was originally close to $7K.

If you are talking about buying "New" from a local brick and mortar store I wouldn't pay more than $2999. I've seen it at low as $2799 around Black Friday last November but the $2999 sale price seems to be a more frequent occurrence during holiday sales etc. However... with the last big "month long" $2999 sale all the retailers were running leading up to SuperBowl and with the 2017 models already rolling out... its getting harder and harder to find stock on the 2016 models. As quantities continue dwindle sales & price cuts seem less likely but... the optimists in this forum thinks they will drop the price on these sets one more time to clear out remaining 2016 inventory. If that's the case you'll want to Google OLED65B6P for sales prices every single day so you don't miss out on the opportunity if it happens.

#13,425 ·
Hi guys,
I"m looking into buying 2016 B6 65". What's a good place to buy? I have had projectors and every projector I purchased, the MSRP was way higher than what I ended up buying. Sometimes like 40% lower. I haven't bought TV in a while and don't know how it goes. I"m also thinking if I should go for a used one. What would be a good price for used one?

Thx.
Your best bet would probably be to purchase from Cleveland AV and then use CC price protection to get a $500 reduction. Lowest price using Google is about $2100. So if you can buy the TV for $2600 or less then you can price match to get the TV for $2100.

#13,426 ·
Does anyone else experience instances of localized (to a small part of the screen) motion stutter, like in arm or head movements? I think this is different than judder but could be wrong. We have DirecTV. I notice it a lot on some programs (frequently local network shows), not at all on many others. Anyone know what I'm talking about or know of any way to address it? As best I can recall, I noticed similar issues with our prior LED set.

Go to "TruMotion" settings, choose "user" and set both sliders to 0, see if you still see it.

#13,427 ·
For those that have the 65c model, do you notice any crosstalk with right or left off angle viewing?

I noticed some say that if the tv is mounted too low or too high, you may see crosstalk during 3D but wanted to know if the tv is mounted close to eye level do you still see crosstalk with off angle (left or right) viewing?

Any help is appreciated.
When I mounted my TV on a roller stand I accidentally had it angled backwards a bit and I did have a lot of crosstalk on the top of the screen. Once I leveled it out the crosstalk went away.

#13,429 ·
Price for a used one? Wow... I would think finding someone selling their 2016 B6 65" at this point in time would only be because it has panel defect flaws they can't live with and are past their return period. That said, if your search Amazon for OLED65B6P you'll find several places selling used, refurbished etc with prices all over the place. MSRP on these was originally close to $7K.

If you are talking about buying "New" from a local brick and mortar store I wouldn't pay more than $2999. I've seen it at low as $2799 around Black Friday last November but the $2999 sale price seems to be a more frequent occurrence during holiday sales etc. However... with the last big "month long" $2999 sale all the retailers were running leading up to SuperBowl and with the 2017 models already rolling out... its getting harder and harder to find stock on the 2016 models. As quantities continue dwindle sales & price cuts seem less likely but... the optimists in this forum thinks they will drop the price on these sets one more time to clear out remaining 2016 inventory. If that's the case you'll want to Google OLED65B6P for sales prices every single day so you don't miss out on the opportunity if it happens.
Elton, thx for the detailed response. I think you are right about someone selling theirs would most likely be because of wrong reason. If there is a new model out then it makes more sense that someone wants to upgrade and want to sell current one.

I was hoping to get one around 2K :-( but it seems like 2600-2700 is the range. I'll primarily be using it for games only. For movies, I have a dedicated theater. Don't wanna use it for games because it will burn out bulb very fast.

Is anyone concern about HDR with 2016 B65 models? Sony is coming up with their OLRF model in summer and was wondering that model would be brighter/better than B6? Their extreme processor has gotten good reviews so wondering how that'd improve over B6. This thread is HUGE and I"m sure its been discuss someone on thread. So my apologies if its a repetitive question but has it been discussed here. I mean the comparison of the two. Of course Sony model is not released so its a theoretical comparison. Would it be wise to wait or the speculation is that it won't be that big of a difference.

#13,430 ·
yes I have noticed it. It looks like a head shaking very rapidly. It last about a second or two. I completely disable trumotion and I haven't seen it since. Last time I saw it trumotion was at 0-Dejudder 10-Deblur.

#13,431 ·

Prices are crazy right now. So much higher than what I paid for mine on Ebay Black Friday. Glad I jumped on it.

#13,432 ·
Hi guys,

Thx.
Seeing B6's refurbished on Ebay.

#13,433 ·
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.

#13,434 ·
Is OLED light 100 and Contrast 100, still the recommended settings for HDR in a dark room? I have a 65C6 in a completely dark room and those settings just seem too high. I also noticed for example, that Star Trek beyond with contrast at 100 made blacks look grey in a lot of scenes. Lowering to around 85 seem to deepen the blacks, for that movie. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

#13,435 ·
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.
If you wouldn't mind humoring me..., just switched my Comcast box from HDMI1 to HDMI3 and labeled the input icon to PC, selected ISF Dark and input my preferred settings. Trumotion was off by default, so I left that. I've been watching golf balls flying and have noticed no difference. Would like to see what you've done. Is "PC mode" just labeling the icon or is there anything else involved? Thanks!

#13,437 · (Edited)
If you wouldn't mind humoring me..., just switched my Comcast box from HDMI1 to HDMI3 and labeled the input icon to PC, selected ISF Dark and input my preferred settings. Trumotion was off by default, so I left that. I've been watching golf balls flying and have noticed no difference. Would like to see what you've done. Is "PC mode" just labeling the icon or is there anything else involved? Thanks!
Yes, all you have to do to go into PC mode is just label the input. Was Trumotion off or grayed-out and not selectable? Trumotion needs to be grayed-out to be in actual PC mode.

The TV will jump out of PC mode on a interlaced source and on a 24p source. Motion is better in PC mode but most of my sources are either interlaced (1080i direcTV) or 24p.

PC worked fine for video games, but I haven't seen motion problems on my XBOX so I left that in game mode.

I firmly believe (no pun intended) that the recent motion problems are B6 firmware related.

I just read in another forum that a member played a video clip on two B6 and one E6. The E6 played perfect and the B6 stuttered.

#13,438 ·
Yes, PC mode is just labeling the input. Was Trumotion off or grayed-out and not selectable? Trumotion needs to be grayed-out to be in actual PC mode.

The TV will jump out of PC mode on a interlaced source and on a 24p source. Motion is better in PC mode but most of my sources are either interlaced (1080i direcTV) or 24p.

PC worked fine for video games, but I haven't seen motion problems on my XBOX so I left that in game mode.

I firmly believe (no pun intended) that the recent motion problems are B6 firmware related.

I just read in another forum that a member played a video clip on two B6 and one E6. The E6 played perfect and the B6 stuttered.

It doesn't just label the input, it makes some changes ... the ones I verified are it disables the pseudo HDR modes and kills Tru-Motion settings. It also resets all the picture settings when you change that icon to PC. Try it and you'll see.

#13,439 ·
It doesn't just label the input, it makes some changes ... the ones I verified are it disables the pseudo HDR modes and kills Tru-Motion settings. It also resets all the picture settings when you change that icon to PC. Try it and you'll see.
Yes I agree. I guess I wasn't clear. I was answering his question. All you have to do to go to PC mode is to change the input label.

PC mode will not "take" if the signal is interlaced or 24p.

Verify PC mode by checking the Trumotion is disabled and not merely off.