AVS Forum banner
3M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  d3193 
#1 · (Edited)
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

#13,441 ·
Yes I agree. I guess I wasn't clear. I was answering his question. All you have to do to go to PC mode is to change the input label.

PC mode will not "take" if the signal is interlaced or 24p.

Verify PC mode by checking the Trumotion is disabled and not merely off.
Awesome, we agree. Just wanted to make it clear as I've seen some people mention that it's "just an icon" ... That's obviously not the case. This practice goes back many years with some manufacturers. (I've had a few TV's where you had to label the HDMI input "PC" to disable overscan)

#13,444 ·
I view sitting off angle and get no crosstalk on my C6.
No problems with angle viewing here but if I get off the theater seats and sit on the floor then the 3D picture becomes unwatchable...
When I mounted my TV on a roller stand I accidentally had it angled backwards a bit and I did have a lot of crosstalk on the top of the screen. Once I leveled it out the crosstalk went away.
Thanks for the responses!

#13,445 ·
Yep. Pointless. I have already been through it for you.
Thanks. What was your cable box feeding which gave you judder then? :confused:

FWIW, for others possibly, HDMI3 labeled "PC" gave me a Dolby Digital signal vs PCM on HDMI1 with no label. Of no use in my setup as I'm taking sound straight from the Comcast box to my speakers.

#13,446 ·
Do you run the Chromecast directly into the TV or through an AVR?

I'm wondering if I ran the Chromecast to the LG would it output DD via optical or only stereo? Currently have this issue with my Shield TV. :(
Not wanting to turn this into another CC thread but:
I run mine through an AVR input.
I am unable to answer your question about the DD vs Stereo.
I'm sure your question is answered in the dedicated CC Ultra forum.

#13,447 ·
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.
Don't know if this will help you or not, but when I left for a long weekend last week, I turned off the B6 and unplugged it. On return, three days later, I plugged it back in and turned it on. Seems that the motion issues I too was stressing over got better and some fine line twitter is also gone. Don't know if this is just a fluke or if there is something to it. Makes me wonders if it was needed to update some of the firmware.

#13,448 ·
I've got to say I have been pretty down on my B6 since getting it a few weeks ago because the micro stuttering (NOT judder) has been driving me crazy. With or without Trumotion no matter the source including built in apps I was seeing it frequently. Two adjustments have restored my sanity. PC mode for cable TV and a Chromecast Ultra for Netflix viewing. Interestingly enough I haven't even had to resort to PC mode for the Chromecast Ultra to eliminate stuttering - just set the input to Deep Color and enjoyed the B6 in all of its glory.
As the PC mode discoverer, let me give you my latest discoveries.

For obligatory 60hz material (like cable TV), use PC mode.

For internal app like Netflix, TURN OFF DEBLUR and you can use 2-3 of Dejudder.

I found out Deblur was the biggest responsible for stutter. However, if you only use Dejudder, you should not have stutter. THE MOTION IS REALLY REALLY GREAT with Deblur0 Dejudder3 and minimal artefacts).

For a Blu-ray player outputting true 24hz, also TURN OFF DEBLUR (0), and only use Dejudder (2-3).

Deblur on the B6 is CRAP!!! It was the cause of 90% of all my stutter problem. Even Deblur at 1 give you big problem.

#13,452 ·
Any C6/B6 owners switch form a Sony 930d or Samsung KS8000/KS8500? Do you feel a 65" C6/B6 is $1500-$1800 better than the 930d or KS8000/KS8500?

Really considering the 2016 OLED's simply for the passive 3D in that really dark room. I have a 4 year old son and really expect to dive into all the Star Wars Movies with him in the next few years and trying to create a pretty awesome set up in an extra bedroom. Room can be pitch black and it is only about 11' x 11' square. Viewing distance about 5-7'

On the other hand, Not sure we will be in that room watching movies as much as we think and didn't want to over spend on a limited use room. Also, not sure how many 3D BLU Rays they are going to keep releasing in the future? I realize I can only decide if it is worth the extra money but just trying to get others opinions.

Thanks

#13,454 ·
Any C6/B6 owners switch form a Sony 930d or Samsung KS8000/KS8500? Do you feel a 65" C6/B6 is $1500-$1800 better than the 930d or KS8000/KS8500?

Really considering the 2016 OLED's simply for the passive 3D in that really dark room. I have a 4 year old son and really expect to dive into all the Star Wars Movies with him in the next few years and trying to create a pretty awesome set up in an extra bedroom. Room can be pitch black and it is only about 11' x 11' square. Viewing distance about 5-7'

On the other hand, Not sure we will be in that room watching movies as much as we think and didn't want to over spend on a limited use room. Also, not sure how many 3D BLU Rays they are going to keep releasing in the future? I realize I can only decide if it is worth the extra money but just trying to get others opinions.

Thanks
Another thought what about going 55 inch in that dark room with an OLED for only about $200 - $400 more than the 65 inch Sony or Samsung.

#13,455 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses!
Another thought what about going 55 inch in that dark room with an OLED for only about $200 - $400 more than the 65 inch Sony or Samsung.
In a dark room I would go 55 OLED over a 65 LCD any day. Especially watching Star Wars movies where the darkness of space will be so much richer on an OLED.

#13,458 ·
I have a 65" LG B6 and Dolby Vision shows on netflix (specifically Santa Clarita Diet) don't look as good as they used to. It seems that there was an update over the past few months that defaulted Dolby Vision to use TrueMotion and Noise Reduction? I have since turned off Noise Reduction and TrueMotion and am using Movie Bright setting, but the PQ doesn't look that good, pretty crappy actually. Any suggestions?

#13,459 ·
I am only going to say this once so........... listen up. ;)

If you haven't seen the 4k HDR demos from YouTube you have no idea what your display is capable of.
I purchased a Chromecast Ultra and installed it yesterday.
Oh for the Love of whoever you worship!!!!
It will be the best $65.00 you will spend.
I'll also say this, if you haven't seen Pacific Rim 4K UHD disc, then you really have no idea of what your display is capable of. I demo'd the first half hour of the disc to friends over the weekend. Many were like "is 4K and HDR really worth it?". Then the disc starts playing and as soon as the WB logo appears all of them (even their wives) were like "holy ****, it's so clear, almost 3D like". And that was just the freaking opening with the WB logo. When the movie started, they were all mesmerized. FWIW, I have a Panasonic UHD player, which has been fantastic with the B6.