2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 924 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264200Likes

post #27691 of 28178 Old 04-04-2019, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDangle View Post
Had our panel swapped twice on our 65b6 due to thick horizontal lines at least 5 showing when the screen pans especially in lighter colours, it still remains only lighter like it was last time and no doubt will be back.

I also showed the tech our image retention problem and he looked at it and says it is fine it goes away, eventually yes it does but I do not want to see this stuff at all for minutes at a time, the images posted show after 30 seconds of static imagery the outcome we have (not the best quality), please someone tell me this is not normal and should pursue this, it has been like this since day 1
I consider that normal, personally. It's especially prone to image retention when it first 'warms' up. My c6 has done this since day one well over two years ago. The icons on my Nvidia Shield TV home screen always have image retention, even in as little as 15-30 seconds after a cold start. However, it goes away quickly and there is no burn in present. Further, the intensity of any image retention weakens as the screen warms up. I've always considered this to be a characteristic of OLED displays.

Maybe that's incorrect, but I don't mind it because it does nothing permanent and I've never noticed image retention interfering with content when it actually matters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LG OLED65C, Sony 940e, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Oppo 203, Denon AVR-X4200, SVS SB-2000 (x2), SVS Prime Tower (x2), SVS Prime Satellite (x2), SVS Prime Center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27692 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDangle View Post
Had our panel swapped twice on our 65b6 due to thick horizontal lines at least 5 showing when the screen pans especially in lighter colours, it still remains only lighter like it was last time and no doubt will be back.

I also showed the tech our image retention problem and he looked at it and says it is fine it goes away, eventually yes it does but I do not want to see this stuff at all for minutes at a time, the images posted show after 30 seconds of static imagery the outcome we have (not the best quality), please someone tell me this is not normal and should pursue this, it has been like this since day 1
Time for you to get an LCD my friend. This is not going to change with a new panel no matter how many times you get them to replace it.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.70 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #27693 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OLED55B6P - Distorted screen - diagnosis

This is the image on all inputs. BIOS is updated, did a hard reset, nothing changes. I do not want to put $500 into a repair, and will get a new one instead.

Any suggestions as to what this error is? Main board? Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lg55OLEDerror.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2549372  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27694 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Hey guys! So last night I did the Clear Panel Noise option and turned off the TV so it could start the process. I woke up today and still the same. Very distorted looking screen with lots of flickering. I'm guess this will have to be a repair/replacement by LG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same thing. DId you ever get it resolved? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lg55OLEDerror.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2549376  
post #27695 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedalneil View Post
This is the image on all inputs. BIOS is updated, did a hard reset, nothing changes. I do not want to put $500 into a repair, and will get a new one instead.

Any suggestions as to what this error is? Main board? Thank you
Looks like bad panel or loose contacts

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
post #27696 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
I have the same thing. DId you ever get it resolved? Thanks

Yeah, luckily when mine had the issue I got it replaced. They ended up replacing the main board first but it still had the issue after that. Then they replaced the panel itself and never had the issue occur again after that.

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #27697 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_oled View Post
Looks like bad panel or loose contacts

Bad panel meaning could be many things wrong with it so the entire panel is bad, or a bad panel meaning a particular part / screen? Thanks
post #27698 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechev00 View Post
Yeah, luckily when mine had the issue I got it replaced. They ended up replacing the main board first but it still had the issue after that. Then they replaced the panel itself and never had the issue occur again after that.

Panel itself, meaning and entirely new unit, or the actual screen display?
post #27699 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Bad panel meaning could be many things wrong with it so the entire panel is bad, or a bad panel meaning a particular part / screen? Thanks
I'm not a technician but I had similar issue with a Sony LCD in my case the contact was loose I knew which one (out of a dozen or so) but I could not get it fixed. I would apply some pressure to it and it would work for a while but then the issue would come back. Also it seems like it was sensitive to the room temperature but I'm not 100% sure on that.
This Sony LCD problem was all over the internet and people were able to get it to work but I couldn't so I get rid of it, sold it for 25 bucks or 50 bucks don't remember. However oled panel is different. If you take take the back cover off you'll see they're only two or three cables connect to it. I don't know which one is which but I would try to touch the plugs one at a time to see if it has any effect on the screen. Also search the internet to see if anyone has exact same issue.

I have the same lg and had panel replaced recently.

Before you try anything contact LG see if they can step in and do something for you.

How long ago did you purchase it?

Last edited by bad_oled; 04-05-2019 at 01:40 PM.
post #27700 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Panel itself, meaning and entirely new unit, or the actual screen display?

The actual screen display. After they replaced the main board the first time and the issue occurred again, they tried to replace the main board again but then they had a change of heart and just replaced the screen display.

LG OLED55B6P ~ PS4 Pro ~ Xbox One X ~ Apple TV 4K ~ PSN/XBL: firesamu
post #27701 of 28178 Old 04-05-2019, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5399 Post(s)
Liked: 3821
Quote:
It could be a bad video board or a bad panel. If a bad panel, it will cost over $1000 to replace.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #27702 of 28178 Old 04-06-2019, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Has anybody had any luck connecting Windows 10 via Miracast?
post #27703 of 28178 Old 04-06-2019, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2318 Post(s)
Liked: 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDuc View Post
Has anybody had any luck connecting Windows 10 via Miracast?
No luck. I am sometimes able to cast video files to the TV, but even that's inconsistent. Never been able to cast the whole screen though.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Atomos Ninja Inferno
Check out my video game movie edits
post #27704 of 28178 Old 04-06-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
No luck. I am sometimes able to cast video files to the TV, but even that's inconsistent. Never been able to cast the whole screen though.

What a pity
post #27705 of 28178 Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
[Question] Setting up LG C6 for PC gaming?

I've scoured the internet to find information on setting up the C6 for gaming on PC (SDR and HDR). Everywhere I look seems to contain conflicting information and/or bad info. I'd like to settle how the C6 should be set up on PC once and for all, which is why I've created this thread. I'm just going to rifle off all of the questions I have so we can get straight into it:

(SDR)

1. Is the only input that enables Chroma 4:4:4 the 'PC' input?

2. Do I have to set the picture mode to 'Game'? Other modes allow more options, but do they have the same amount of input lag as game mode?

3. Should sharpness be set to 0, along with tint and temperature? I imagine they're just post processing effects and shouldn't be enabled.

4. Should brightness and color be set at 50 to get an organic image?

5. What should gamma be set to, as well as color gamut?

6. Should black level be set to low or high?

7. The dynamic options should be turned off, correct?

8. Should contrast be set to 100?

9. Should the Nvidia CP settings be set to RGB 8bit full, YCbCr422 10/12bit limited, or YCbCr444 8bit limited?

10. Can I leave the color settings in the Nvidia CP on default instead? Will I always be getting the correct settings with this option?

(HDR)

1. HDR does not work correctly when the input is set to 'PC' because it doesn't output BT2020. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

2. I should be using the HDR Game picture mode, correct? Do the other modes have higher input lag?

3. What should black level be set to?

4. Should contrast, color, sharpness, gamma, gamut etc. be set the same as SDR?

5. Which settings should I use in the Nvidia CP? Again, can I use the 'default' option to have the settings automatically be set correctly?

Thanks for reading my post everybody. I know it's a lot of info I'm asking for, which is why I'm prepared to make a decent donation to whomever can answer these questions correctly with explanations and help me set up this beautiful display correctly for the PC. This post should also be highly useful to others with the same questions. Also, one last thing - does anybody have a way to test for Chroma 4:4:4 on this display in 4K? The highest res image I can find is 1080p, and it looks to me that I have Chroma 4:4:4 no matter what settings I use on the TV and PC which doesn't seem right to me. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from y'all
post #27706 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rowe View Post
I've scoured the internet to find information on setting up the C6 for gaming on PC (SDR and HDR). Everywhere I look seems to contain conflicting information and/or bad info. I'd like to settle how the C6 should be set up on PC once and for all, which is why I've created this thread. I'm just going to rifle off all of the questions I have so we can get straight into it:

(SDR)

1. Is the only input that enables Chroma 4:4:4 the 'PC' input?

2. Do I have to set the picture mode to 'Game'? Other modes allow more options, but do they have the same amount of input lag as game mode?

3. Should sharpness be set to 0, along with tint and temperature? I imagine they're just post processing effects and shouldn't be enabled.

4. Should brightness and color be set at 50 to get an organic image?

5. What should gamma be set to, as well as color gamut?

6. Should black level be set to low or high?

7. The dynamic options should be turned off, correct?

8. Should contrast be set to 100?

9. Should the Nvidia CP settings be set to RGB 8bit full, YCbCr422 10/12bit limited, or YCbCr444 8bit limited?

10. Can I leave the color settings in the Nvidia CP on default instead? Will I always be getting the correct settings with this option?

(HDR)

1. HDR does not work correctly when the input is set to 'PC' because it doesn't output BT2020. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

2. I should be using the HDR Game picture mode, correct? Do the other modes have higher input lag?

3. What should black level be set to?

4. Should contrast, color, sharpness, gamma, gamut etc. be set the same as SDR?

5. Which settings should I use in the Nvidia CP? Again, can I use the 'default' option to have the settings automatically be set correctly?

Thanks for reading my post everybody. I know it's a lot of info I'm asking for, which is why I'm prepared to make a decent donation to whomever can answer these questions correctly with explanations and help me set up this beautiful display correctly for the PC. This post should also be highly useful to others with the same questions. Also, one last thing - does anybody have a way to test for Chroma 4:4:4 on this display in 4K? The highest res image I can find is 1080p, and it looks to me that I have Chroma 4:4:4 no matter what settings I use on the TV and PC which doesn't seem right to me. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from y'all
If you are a fan of 3D I would not use your rare C6 like this. If you are not a fan of 3D I would sell it and buy another tv. You do know used 3D Oleds often sell for more than when they were new if burn in free? You could probably sell yours and buy a brand new C8 or C9 without adding any money of your own. This assumes the 3D filter is aligned properly on your set.

If you are a fan of 3D, and want to game, best advise is to buy a second tv...LCD for gaming and general TV watching, reserve the Oled for movies.

Second best advice, if you must use your priceless 3D C6 for games...run olight 15ish...color 25 or less. And don't worry about "pretty" picture (think "pretty" = high wearing rate)...save "pretty" for 3D movies. Long as you can tell where to shoot, your good.

If you had a "B6" (2D tv) would not matter...but think...you have a lot of choices owning a valuable 3D model...
mttpalmer likes this.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.

Last edited by Kenbar; 04-11-2019 at 07:36 AM.
post #27707 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
does anybody have a way to test for Chroma 4:4:4 on this display in 4K? The highest res image I can find is 1080p, and it looks to me that I have Chroma 4:4:4 no matter what settings I use on the TV and PC which doesn't seem right to me.
Attached is a 1080p test image padded to 2160p. You should view it at 1:1 scaling and look really close to the screen.

If the last two red/blue lines look clear, then you're looking at 4:4:4. If they're somewhat blurry, then it's 4:2:2. Very blurry - 4:2:0. You can test this in NVIDIA Control Panel.

My video card doesn't allow 10/12-bit output at 4:4:4, so I use 4:2:2. The difference It's not that noticeable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TextTest_3840x2160.png
Views:	64
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	2551856  
post #27708 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
If you are a fan of 3D I would not use your rare C6 like this. If you are not a fan of 3D I would sell it and buy another tv. You do know used 3D Oleds often sell for more than when they were new if burn in free? You could probably sell yours and buy a brand new C8 or C9 without adding any money of your own. This assumes the 3D filter is aligned properly on your set.

really? where would be the best to put my C6, if, I decided to sell it, the classified section here?

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
post #27709 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
really? where would be the best to put my C6, if, I decided to sell it, the classified section here?
If you have the box and don't mind shipping... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+OLED&_sacat=0

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
post #27710 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:

If you are a fan of 3D, and want to game, best advise is to buy a second tv...LCD for gaming and general TV watching, reserve the Oled for movies.

Second best advice, if you must use your priceless 3D C6 for games...run olight 15ish...color 25 or less. And don't worry about "pretty" picture (think "pretty" = high wearing rate)...save "pretty" for 3D movies. Long as you can tell where to shoot, your good.

If you had a "B6" (2D tv) would not matter...but think...you have a lot of choices owning a valuable 3D model...
I actually do use this set for 3D gaming. All of the games I play are in 3D. Why is that bad?
morphinapg and G4n0nD0rf like this.
post #27711 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
If you have the box and don't mind shipping... [Had to delete link due to low post count]
Holy crap! Found this thing at a pawn shop for $750! It's the 55 inch though. Also don't have the box. No burn in or any other issues though, I'd like to keep this one. Also, I don't see anybody buying this thing for more than $1500 honestly.
post #27712 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arni.leibovits View Post
Attached is a 1080p test image padded to 2160p. You should view it at 1:1 scaling and look really close to the screen.

If the last two red/blue lines look clear, then you're looking at 4:4:4. If they're somewhat blurry, then it's 4:2:2. Very blurry - 4:2:0. You can test this in NVIDIA Control Panel.

My video card doesn't allow 10/12-bit output at 4:4:4, so I use 4:2:2. The difference It's not that noticeable.
Hey, hate to triple post but can't figure out how to edit comments. Just wanted to say thanks! In PC mode I get Chroma 4:4:4. Now, could I change my PC resolution to 2560x1440 and still get Chroma? I tend to use 1440p due to better framerates. Sucks HDR is broke in PC mode . Does anyone know if there's another input that will allow Chroma and HDR? Thanks!
post #27713 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I actually do use this set for 3D gaming. All of the games I play are in 3D. Why is that bad?
It's not if you understand the risks and have the need for 3D, and you do. There is more risk with gaming because some games have HUD...stationary pieces of imagery. As you know it can be mitigated to a large extent by keeping olight and color levels down. Or simply not playing games with HUD often.

post #27714 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
If you have the box and don't mind shipping... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+OLED&_sacat=0

damn, but those prices look bunkers, I'm not sure they're moving. Anyways, thanks, at the very least I can use it for bragging rights, lol.

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
post #27715 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2318 Post(s)
Liked: 1875
Quote:
It's not if you understand the risks and have the need for 3D, and you do. There is more risk with gaming because some games have HUD...stationary pieces of imagery. As you know it can be mitigated to a large extent by keeping olight and color levels down. Or simply not playing games with HUD often.
3D HUDs are sometimes less prone to burn in than 2D HUDs, if they're not at screen depth.

However, you're going to want OLED Light to be near max for 3D on this set. You only get about 140 nits through the glasses with OLED Light at max in 3D. That's of course brighter than most 3D displays have been, but still probably not quite as bright as a lot of people have this TV normally in SDR. and really you get the most benefit out of 3D when the brightness through the glasses is closer to the same brightness you get in 2D SDR.

Dan Rowe likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Atomos Ninja Inferno
Check out my video game movie edits
post #27716 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
damn, but those prices look bunkers, I'm not sure they're moving. Anyways, thanks, at the very least I can use it for bragging rights, lol.
You might be right. Here is an older model 3D Oled being auctioned...ends Sunday. Could add it to your watch list see how it goes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-65EG9600...8AAOSwfwFcmW2Q

post #27717 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I use energy saver automatic to use the ambient light sensor. The OLED level is not too high. Funny I asked in Reddits OLED forum if I should turn that option down and was mocked and told it doesn't matter. LOL. Anyways, my gaming sessions don't surpass a few hours and I frequently switch what I'm playing, So I don't really worry about burn in.
post #27718 of 28178 Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
You might be right. Here is an older model 3D Oled being auctioned...ends Sunday. Could add it to your watch list see how it goes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-65EG9600...8AAOSwfwFcmW2Q
Is this basically the EU version of the C6 or something? Looks similar.
post #27719 of 28178 Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is this basically the EU version of the C6 or something? Looks similar.
2015 Oled 3D model. https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-65EG9600-oled-4k-tv

post #27720 of 28178 Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
I don't know what you're using the tv for, other than 3d movies but I would definitely shy away from the 2015 models unless it's that big of a need. The 4k models that year had horrible uniformity issues. At least the EG (curved) was a little better than the EF (flat) in that regard but they were still both terrible compared to their direct successors, the B6 and C6 the next year.

Input lag was also horrendous on those sets so if you do any gaming, it's got to be something to consider, as anything after is going to be a 2x improvement or more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page