2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264135Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2821 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I was really paying attention to the 65EG9600 since thats what I ended up buying at Fry's, but it looks like the C was further down the aisle and at an off angle, the C has less curve than 2015 curve? Is this true?

Sorry if its already been discussed but I haven't really kept up since my wallet can't afford the 2016's


LG 65EG9600-UB 602
LG 55C6P 702
thadoggfather is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2822 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Thanks much for all your input. So the stock isf settings are actually good to go without adjusting the myriad of settings such as panel light output, noise reduction and things that control motion and judder? I know on my Sony for example, I manually set reality creation, preferring even a bit of soe to reduce motion stuff. Thanks. Tegards. Ned.
You can absolutely set OLED light to your desired level without worry, viewing environment depending. If not, you might be faced with a picture that is too dim or too bright. Disabling noise reduction and edge enhancement is also a good idea. Brightness on these by default tends to crush black more than is preferred so raising to 51 or 52 with the default gamma of BT.1886 would probably not be a bad idea. If you don't mind a bit of SOE, setting deblur to 2 or 3 at a minimum is absolutely something you should consider doing. Setting dejudder anywhere from 5 to 10 can yield a desirable result.
video_analysis is offline  
post #2823 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Hi Ken. It was certainly an interesting experience reading and participating on the Sony z series anticipation thread. Couldn't help at times trying to inject some humor into the uber serious banter. The us versus them mentality is pretty crazy. And it seems many on the thread are almost desperate to have Sony be king of the day Tv world again, harkening back to the trinitron and walkman days with obsessed nostalgia. I'll buy whoever gives me the best video experience. Anyway, I have order a e6 for delivery in next few days. One issue I've seen discussed on this thread and others have mentioned is concerning motion handling performance. You seemed convinced that it is no worse than your Sony when adjusted properly, is that a fair statement? Motion was one reason I passed on last years model and bought the 950b(this tv is for a condo in Florida). Without doing a calibration, could you share with me some basic settings to get going and get the most out of the panel. Also, what are some of the defect issues I should be looking for to make sure I have a good panel, I know there have been many quality control issues with these panels, and how do I identify them. Lastly, is it foolish to buy this now with the Sony out in the market? Appreciate your thoughts. Regards. Ned.
Hi Ned,

just my 2 cents... I would have all motion settings off with Broadcast/Satellite/Cable sources and use TruMotion/User/De-Judder 2, De-Blur 10 (you can play with this for the amount of SOE that's tolerable to you) for streaming and BD playback. I have the lowly EG9100 but I believe the same principle applies with all models.

I don't really have an issue with judder but motion resolution isn't the greatest. 300 lines without motion interpolation and 600 lines with it. This would come into play watching golf as the green goes out of focus with panning shots.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2824 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I'm sorry to say, based on what I saw from the pictures in that California retailer, we've learned very little about the display's PQ, because the location of the panel was so poor (right next to a window). I did everything but laugh out loud when people discussed the black levels from either being there or from the pictures. There's absolutely no way you could come to any reasonable conclusion based upon where that display was situated and the high ambient light levels. I was polite in that thread, and didn't 'laugh out loud'.
I wasn't as polite as you (but respectful as can be considering what I was rebutting) as I couldn't help myself in pointing out out there was no way to determine black levels, blooming and viewing angles from the environment described. And like you I was floored when I saw photos of the described environment. And this was from a guy describing himself with extensive experience and expertise to the point of shoving it down our throats in what to look for in assessing PQ.

Then ray went to the trouble of pointing out that no OLED owners owner gave that post a thumbs up and came to the conclusion that us OLED owners are rooting for this TV to fail. I loss my sense of humor with that since I'm personally considering the Sony Z9D.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #2825 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Holy crap, I missed that ridiculous post. Some peoples' love affair with LCD getting the upper hand borders on the delusional
Ken Ross and ray0414 like this.
video_analysis is offline  
post #2826 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PRO-630HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,606
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 207
For those of you using these displays with a Oppo BDP-103 which output are you using 1080p or 4k x 2k for the LF OLED? The upconversion is going to have to occur someplace and I am thinking the Oppo would be the better place to do it.
PRO-630HD is offline  
post #2827 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,049
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7271 Post(s)
Liked: 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Thanks much for all your input. So the stock isf settings are actually good to go without adjusting the myriad of settings such as panel light output, noise reduction and things that control motion and judder? I know on my Sony for example, I manually set reality creation, preferring even a bit of soe to reduce motion stuff. Thanks. Tegards. Ned.
You can try several different approaches to motion handling. You can try it with TruMotion off. You can try it with TruMotion on and settings of 0, 0 or you can try TruMotion with a setting of dejudder 2 and deblur 5. I've used the latter with some content.

Experiment, you won't break anything.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #2828 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Fast GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Get Down is streaming on Netflix in 4K and it is incredible.
Fast GTO is offline  
post #2829 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tampa FL 33629
Posts: 2,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
I want to make a rebuttal to my own comment I made on Friday night in regards to motion and a movie I watched in Dolby Vision on Netflix and motion in general. I have only had this display for a few days now but have spent much of the day and was up to 4am last (cranky today) watching content. Trying some of the member settings. Trying some settings found on other sites etc. I played a lot more with Tru Motion and seem to have things dialed in much better than Friday.
Which Tru-motion settings did you end up on when watching DV on Netflix?

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
bdraw is offline  
post #2830 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.SoftDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw View Post
Which Tru-motion settings did you end up on when watching DV on Netflix?

Hi, I settled in on 2 and 5 for this flick. It was better to me this go around.

But does that movie look amazing in Dolby Vision or what? Grr..

Rick
Mr.SoftDome is offline  
post #2831 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.SoftDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Inky Blacks? Why not inky Red and Gold?

Man, am I gonna be in the bedroom watching football this season bypassing my 70 in the living room? Just loving it..

My first OLED football game

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic31.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1602561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic30.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1602577  
Ken Ross, Gillietalls and macmane like this.
Mr.SoftDome is offline  
post #2832 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
^Some projector guys find themselves doing the same, so I have no doubt you'll be able to tolerate the smaller size. Contrast ratio is such a huge component of PQ that it can go some way in overcoming size benefits.
video_analysis is offline  
post #2833 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
hauz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Soliciting opinions here: I can get an open box 65C in excellent condition for $3400 before tax at BB. Should I bite or hold off since they haven't been out super long?

We watch a ton of movies and I game a lot so input lag is a factor. Thanks, all!
hauz20 is offline  
post #2834 of 28032 Old 08-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Member
 
tedolap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
Only minor issue I have is with reflections off the screen. With the screen off it reflects everything. Looks strange to me. With the light on there are still minor reflections on the screen but not as bad. Maybe it's due to the curve?.

Yes, the curve can exaggerate reflections. I have a 65 inch C6. My typical seat is normally at a 45 degree angle from the screen, about 7 feet from the TV centerline. There is a window with Venetian blinds right across from me. On the flat EF9500 which I exchanged, the reflection took up about 1/3 0f the screen. Now it takes up about 4/5 of the screen. I just rotated the TV on my A/V table by about 20 degrees so the angle was reduced by about 1/2. This cleared up the problem though I still get some reflection from another window. Returning the TV to its normal (parallel to the wall) position and sitting directly in front of the TV, I get no reflections. The problem is that the seat is about 12 feet away.


Even at 45 degrees, the curvature is surprisingly not bothering me too much. I do prefer to reduce the angle (better to reduce flat panel distortion too), so I will probably leave the TV offset from the plane of the wall and table until my wife complains.


I have a few more days before I need to decide whether to exchange it for a B6. I got the C6 for the 3D but I am trying to decide whether the curve is worth viewing 3-4 3D movies per year.
tedolap is offline  
post #2835 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 12:36 AM
Senior Member
 
mateo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LA
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
@Ken Ross and anyone else with a 65b6p

I have noticed on a few dark movies with near black/dark grey scenes that the dark blotchiness comes out on the right hand side. IIRC Ken posted a few pics of his TV that pretty much looked exactly like mine.

I have posted the pics of mine on day one. The whites look pretty good to me. Not sure about the uniformity on the near dark scenes. If I raise the brightness so the blacks aren't so crushed it seems more noticeable. So far my brightness is anywhere from 52-54 depending on the ambient lighting.

I am not sure if it is worth playing the panel lottery to improve this? Not sure if you guys think it is bad enough to warrant a replacement? I would say 95% of the time it isn't noticeable. Really only on screens with near black. Also I found one dead red pixel.

Edit: posted most recent 5% slide after about 100 hours and 2 manual comp cycles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160731_225101.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1602945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160731_224650.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1602953   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160731_224330.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1602961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160815_005600.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1602977  

Last edited by mateo222; 08-15-2016 at 02:00 AM.
mateo222 is offline  
post #2836 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tampa FL 33629
Posts: 2,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Hi, I settled in on 2 and 5 for this flick. It was better to me this go around.

But does that movie look amazing in Dolby Vision or what? Grr..

Rick
Tried your settings on Marco Polo tonight, very, very nice. That PQ is so good on that show it is distracting.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
bdraw is offline  
post #2837 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tampa FL 33629
Posts: 2,771
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauz20 View Post
Soliciting opinions here: I can get an open box 65C in excellent condition for $3400 before tax at BB. Should I bite or hold off since they haven't been out super long?

We watch a ton of movies and I game a lot so input lag is a factor. Thanks, all!
I wouldn't hesitate based on how long it's been out, but that is not a good price for a used model -- see the deals thread for any follow up questions.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
No longer contributing to Engadget HD
bdraw is offline  
post #2838 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,049
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7271 Post(s)
Liked: 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo222 View Post
@Ken Ross and anyone else with a 65b6p

I have noticed on a few dark movies with near black/dark grey scenes that the dark blotchiness comes out on the right hand side. IIRC Ken posted a few pics of his TV that pretty much looked exactly like mine.

I have posted the pics of mine on day one. The whites look pretty good to me. Not sure about the uniformity on the near dark scenes. If I raise the brightness so the blacks aren't so crushed it seems more noticeable. So far my brightness is anywhere from 52-54 depending on the ambient lighting.

I am not sure if it is worth playing the panel lottery to improve this? Not sure if you guys think it is bad enough to warrant a replacement? I would say 95% of the time it isn't noticeable. Really only on screens with near black. Also I found one dead red pixel.

Edit: posted most recent 5% slide after about 100 hours and 2 manual comp cycles.
Mateo, I actually think your recent slides look very good. Your vignetting is better than mine. I'm surprised you see this in any appreciable content. If it were me, I'd keep this one.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #2839 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 05:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,049
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7271 Post(s)
Liked: 8042
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw View Post
Tried your settings on Marco Polo tonight, very, very nice. That PQ is so good on that show it is distracting.
It's funny how often you're distracted by the beauty of the picture and miss the actual storyline.
bdraw and AlanBuck like this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #2840 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigCoolJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
Just curious:

What's the consensus on the uniformity/panel "lottery" when comparing the 55" to the 65" (of same models)? I had read it posted by an avid OLED user that the 55" models are "down to perfection" and do not suffer problems.

Thanks!
BigCoolJesus is online now  
post #2841 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 2,067
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Just curious:

What's the consensus on the uniformity/panel "lottery" when comparing the 55" to the 65" (of same models)? I had read it posted by an avid OLED user that the 55" models are "down to perfection" and do not suffer problems.

Thanks!
Nothing perfect but the 55 are more uniform than the 65 from what I've seen
macmane is online now  
post #2842 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo222 View Post
@Ken Ross and anyone else with a 65b6p

I have noticed on a few dark movies with near black/dark grey scenes that the dark blotchiness comes out on the right hand side. IIRC Ken posted a few pics of his TV that pretty much looked exactly like mine.

I have posted the pics of mine on day one. The whites look pretty good to me. Not sure about the uniformity on the near dark scenes. If I raise the brightness so the blacks aren't so crushed it seems more noticeable. So far my brightness is anywhere from 52-54 depending on the ambient lighting.

I am not sure if it is worth playing the panel lottery to improve this? Not sure if you guys think it is bad enough to warrant a replacement? I would say 95% of the time it isn't noticeable. Really only on screens with near black. Also I found one dead red pixel.

Edit: posted most recent 5% slide after about 100 hours and 2 manual comp cycles.
The return/replace/keep decision is really a personal decision and only you can weigh the cost/hassle/risk vs the potential reward. My first set looked similar to yours. I took the test patterns and looked at at least 5 different TVs at local retailers and they all looked better so I took a chance and exchanged mine. When I showed them the patterns and they looked better, they actually sold me the TV again for $50 less. Frankly, I was prepared to take a floor model if it looked good and only had a couple of hundred hours on it, but they didn't have any B models on the floor. In any case the 2nd TV is better, in my opinion, but it has the opposite issue where both sides are brighter and it is just as noticeable in dark content. However it is symmetrical and over all the panel uniformity is much better in center. The first set had noticeable vertical bars with different levels that were visible up to 15%.

So in my case I got lucky and my set is "better" but only to my subjective opinion and it was relatively easy to return it to the local retailer. I think your chances of getting a perfect TV are low, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could improve, especially because I also see the unevenness on the left side.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents based on my personal experience and opinion.

Last edited by dmarty; 08-15-2016 at 10:51 AM.
dmarty is offline  
post #2843 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigCoolJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
Nothing perfect but the 55 are more uniform than the 65 from what I've seen
Well my dilemma is I sit too close to my 60" VT60 after having to rearrange my room to fit my computer desk/setup....

I used to have an EC9300 for a year (loved it) and then briefly had a 65" EF9500....almost loved it but the banding was too much. I had to sell it anyways to get my funds back for a sudden relocation and picked up my current 60" VT60 for cheap used. I absolutely love it: the uniformity, the almost perfect blacks (a sacrifice I was willing to accept for uniformity), the motion. But now that I've had to move closer (6ft away), I am noticing some dithering and pixel structure during certain content (even 1080p bluray) and realize a 55" 4k set would be perfect for my room. If the prices fall again on the B6 or C6 to $2400 on Amazon I could snag one easily....but I do not want to play the lottery game again.

Hence wondering how bad or how lucky the 55" owners have been.
tosa68 likes this.
BigCoolJesus is online now  
post #2844 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,989
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6391 Post(s)
Liked: 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
The picture is incredible. Haven't seen anything like this before. Just wish they had a projector. Hate watching on such a small screen, but wow the picture is impressive.
Chad B told me for the best conditions, No light, everything in the room should have a matte finish including the black paint on the walls and ceiling......yes black. Having a projector is great but for the best conditions requires a dedicated room.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #2845 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 5,915
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 2459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Chad B told me for the best conditions, No light, everything in the room should have a matte finish including the black paint on the walls and ceiling......yes black. Having a projector is great but for the best conditions requires a dedicated room.
My theater is totally black - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...r-go-back.html

Buzz
THX Certified Level II Video Calibrator



 
buzzard767 is offline  
post #2846 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Member
 
patrickvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Proud owner of a B6. Would someone please tell me how I can get into the LG service menu? I tried to search in AVS but I have no luck. TIA.

Patrick Vo
patrickvo is offline  
post #2847 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickvo View Post
Proud owner of a B6. Would someone please tell me how I can get into the LG service menu? I tried to search in AVS but I have no luck. TIA.
Do you have a programmable remote (Harmony)? If so you can add LG 47LE5300-UC as an additional device. Add the info button, to get info in netflix app and add EZ-ADJ to open the service menu. The password is 0413.

What will you change?
dmarty is offline  
post #2848 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM
Member
 
patrickvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarty View Post
Do you have a programmable remote (Harmony)? If so you can add LG 47LE5300-UC as an additional device. Add the info button, to get info in netflix app and add EZ-ADJ to open the service menu. The password is 0413.

What will you change?
Thanks for the info dmarty. Do not know if I need to change anything. Just want to see what is in there. Still trying to learn about my new TV. The picture is just freaking awesome...

Patrick Vo
patrickvo is offline  
post #2849 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
mateo222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LA
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Mateo, I actually think your recent slides look very good. Your vignetting is better than mine. I'm surprised you see this in any appreciable content. If it were me, I'd keep this one.
Thank you for your input. We watched The Revenant and to be honest I didn't notice the right side at all during the movie. It wasn't perfectly pitch black in the room though. When I noticed it most was on cable last night during the Olympics when they had a shot of the city/beach with the ocean and sky on the right. You could see it quite a bit. I think I am willing to hold on to it at this point instead of swapping it out and ending up with a bad panel. One of my old Sammy LCDs had a fantastic picture, however, it had a nasty band right in the top middle that jumped right out, especially on white scenes. That would drive me even more nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarty View Post
The return/replace/keep decision is really a personal decision and only you can weigh the cost/hassle/risk vs the potential reward. My first set looked similar to yours. I took the test patterns and looked at at least 5 different TVs at local retailers and they all looked better so I took a chance and exchanged mine. When I showed them the patterns and they looked better, they actually sold me the TV again for $50 less. Frankly, I was prepared to take a floor model if it looked good and only had a couple of hundred hours on it, but they didn't have any B models on the floor. In any case the 2nd TV is better, in my opinion, but it has the opposite issue where both sides are brighter and it is just as noticeable in dark content. However it is symmetrical and over all the panel uniformity is much better in center. The first set had noticeable vertical bars with different levels that were visible up to 15%.

So in my case I got lucky and my set is "better" but only to my subjective opinion and it was relatively easy to return it to the local retailer. I think your chances of getting a perfect TV are low, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could improve, especially because I also see the unevenness on the left side.

Obviously this is just my 2 cents based on my personal experience and opinion.
I would think if it were a bit brighter on the right side that this would not be nearly as noticeable and I would like it. I wonder what the chances of getting a panel like this are? Mine has a June 2016 build date on the back of the TV. Not sure if there are any better indicators of manufacturing dates, etc. On the 15% the right hand side is only slightly darker and almost impossible to see.
mateo222 is offline  
post #2850 of 28032 Old 08-15-2016, 03:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am able to get OLED65C6P for 3500 including tax brand new from bestbuy.
I just showed ebay and amazon listing for sellers. at first they denied I escalated to manager and mentioned 3500$ or forget it i will buy it there. They agreed with that price. I live at California.

I am surprised to see this as BB never price matched other than sold and ship by amazon.com
sam143569 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
arc , C6-B6 , calibration , computer , desktop , firmware update , lg c6 pc sdr hdr , lg oled , monitor , oled , oled b6 , oled lg , screen damage , screen uniformity , settings , soundbar , there is sig

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off