AVS Forum banner
3M views 30K replies 2K participants last post by  d3193 
#1 · (Edited)
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

#16,142 · (Edited)
Forgive my noobness but how is bluetooth pairing done with b6? I don't think the headphones(akg y50 bt) i ordered have "usb dongle" with them so the question is will b6 pair them without usb dongle? Though i already ordered asus usb dongle pc in mind.

AFAIK, LG OLEDs will only pair with LG headphones (actually all they make is bluetooth ear buds) or LG soundbars. They use a proprietary form of bluetooth. That is very unfortunate as I'd like to be able to pair my Bose quiet comfort 35 headphones with the TV, but no such ability, it's never worked when i tried.

I wrote customer service asking them about this and suggested if possible they remove this restriction and use a standard form of bluetooth. i got a canned answer back, that she'd forward my request to product development for potential inclusion in a future firmware update, which I assume will never happen.

#16,143 ·
Forgive my noobness but how is bluetooth pairing done with b6? I don't think the headphones(akg y50 bt) i ordered have "usb dongle" with them so the question is will b6 pair them without usb dongle? Though i already ordered asus usb dongle pc in mind.
After reading Chunon's post I gave my QC35s another try and it did connect and worked. I just have two volume controls to work with. At first I had to cut the TV volume all the way up to hear it at all. Then I bumped up the headphone volume on the ear piece (which woud normally control my iPhone) and got it set to where I got good volume out at about a 20-30 on the LG TV. Very nice.

Definitely lower quality than my Sennheiser 650HDs. I normally use those plugged into my AVR or headphone amp (depending on the source) with a 20 ft extension cord. But it's nice to know that this will work.

Funny, the LG didn't recognize the QC 35 by the name bose, but by the name raptor.??:confused:

#16,144 ·
Good stuff! I think a lot of us Plasma guys are very happy with our B6's! :)
I agree...I'm also coming from a Panasonic plasma (55" ST30) and it was the best picture I've ever seen. I've never seen a ST60, VT or ZT in person. I've only had the B6 for less than 2 weeks and I was VERY disappointed at first in comparison. So much so that I almost took it back. But I was able to get the 65" for $2249 and I knew I wouldn't get anything close to that deal again and that I'd probably regret it if I took it back. And I'd read through this thread enough to know others had Panasonic plasmas previously and were loving the B6. But after following some calibration settings with slight tweaks, I'm very happy. I still have an extreme fondness for my plasma and I can honestly say that if I had purchased the 65", I probably would not have even looked at upgrading.

#16,146 ·
AFAIK, LG OLEDs will only pair with LG headphones (actually all they make is bluetooth ear buds) or LG soundbars. They use a proprietary form of bluetooth. That is very unfortunate as I'd like to be able to pair my Bose quiet comfort 35 headphones with the TV, but no such ability, it's never worked when i tried.

I wrote customer service asking them about this and suggested if possible they remove this restriction and use a standard form of bluetooth. i got a canned answer back, that she'd forward my request to product development for potential inclusion in a future firmware update, which I assume will never happen.
glad you got it to work but I always have problems of some type it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16,147 · (Edited)
After reading Chunon's post I gave my QC35s another try and it did connect and worked. I just have two volume controls to work with. At first I had to cut the TV volume all the way up to hear it at all. Then I bumped up the headphone volume on the ear piece (which woud normally control my iPhone) and got it set to where I got good volume out at about a 20-30 on the LG TV. Very nice.

Definitely lower quality than my Sennheiser 650HDs. I normally use those plugged into my AVR or headphone amp (depending on the source) with a 20 ft extension cord. But it's nice to know that this will work.

Funny, the LG didn't recognize the QC 35 by the name bose, but by the name raptor.??:confused:
Ok so it worked...you used this lg wireless sync method to hook them up? I just remember another bug...when i hooked up soundbar with lg wireless sound sync game mode was unavailable..great. If that's the case with headphones also can't use it for gaming. Tv that costs this much should not have such bugs in os.

#16,149 ·
Hi everyone,
I'll be reciving my new B6 on Monday and I have a few questions regarding setup/settings recommendations.

I have the newest firmware (4.31.15) downloaded and ready to go on a USB drive. As of now, the devices I will be connecting directly to the TV via HDMI are a 4th generation Apple TV and a Nintendo Switch. Whenever it is released, I will be adding an XBOX "Scorpio" to that mix.

I just want a quick top-down so I know the "best" inputs, modes, settings. to use for what I have now and what I will have down the road. I'm completely new to this set and LG in general, and looking through the myriad of posts has me a little confused as to what changed from what firmware, the difference between PC and Game settings, when to use which picture mode, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

#16,151 ·
Hi everyone,
I'll be reciving my new B6 on Monday and I have a few questions regarding setup/settings recommendations.

I have the newest firmware (4.31.15) downloaded and ready to go on a USB drive. As of now, the devices I will be connecting directly to the TV via HDMI are a 4th generation Apple TV and a Nintendo Switch. Whenever it is released, I will be adding an XBOX "Scorpio" to that mix.

I just want a quick top-down so I know the "best" inputs, modes, settings. to use for what I have now and what I will have down the road. I'm completely new to this set and LG in general, and looking through the myriad of posts has me a little confused as to what changed from what firmware, the difference between PC and Game settings, when to use which picture mode, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
The latest firmware fixed some motion problems.

Most users use ISF dark setting as a starting point and tweak from there.

Video games should be set to game mode and all "enhancements" should be left off.

You should probably use Trumotion for your Apple TV and built-in apps. Go to user mode and set Dejudder to 1-4 and I recommend deblur set to 0. Others set deblur to 10, but I have never seen deblur do anything positive.

Good luck!

#16,152 ·

Video games should be set to game mode and all "enhancements" should be left off.

You should probably use Trumotion for your Apple TV and built-in apps. Go to user mode and set Dejudder to 1-4 and I recommend deblur set to 0. Others set deblur to 10, but I have never seen deblur do anything positive.

Good luck!
Thanks a bunch - do you not recommend using PC as the input for anything, everything...?

#16,154 ·

I paired it with my Amazon Echo once with no problem using bluetooth. Worked just fine. Did that a lot with my previous Samsung tv too but the Samsung's output was fixed. The LG's output is variable so I don't like using it with the LG.

#16,156 ·
I play Mario kart 8 in true 4k on CEMU.

It look amazing
I'm awake now! I played Mario Kart 8 until 4 in the morning! Def my fav game right now. Looked stunning on my B6 and no motion issues either. Just some good old fashioned perfect racing!:)

#16,157 ·

Good luck!
A lot of us liked @Quebecker Tru motion settings of DJ 2 and DB 0. But since the latest .15 firmware update I've shut Tru Motion off cuz I think the motion is almost perfect now. Make sure to enable HD Deep Color for all inputs so you can get HDR / Dolby Vision too! :)

Reactions: Honest and tylerk86
#16,158 ·
It worked flawlessly with my B6P-S model with the american firmware
Nice! That's awesome that you were able to do the latest .15 firmware update via email link outside of the U.S. We didn't think it would work but I guess we were wrong. :)

Reactions: TiSA88