AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   OLED Technology and Flat Panels General (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/)
-   -   2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2426314-2016-lg-c6-b6-owners-thread.html)

PRO-630HD 04-16-2016 03:48 PM

2016 LG C6-B6 owners thread
 
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

Dianabol5mg 04-16-2016 04:47 PM

Where are the C owners?

tazz3 05-01-2016 08:23 PM

I was just reading about these on the b model future owner i hope

aduljr 05-02-2016 03:04 PM

i wasnt aware the C-line was even out yet.

PRO-630HD 05-02-2016 03:50 PM

The 55c6p is.

PRO-630HD 05-08-2016 07:53 AM

Not the most in depth, but 1st review I have seen for the C6

http://www.whathifi.com/lg/oled55c6v/review

PRO-630HD 05-11-2016 08:53 PM


Good clip of the 65c6p. I really like the black finish vs. silver on the stand. At my local Best Buy that has a Magnolia they have the E6 sitting right next to a EF9500 both 65in. sets. I was wondering the picture on glass would enhance PQ. They were both playing a demo in sync with each other. I honestly could barely tell the difference and the E6 is 50% brighter. Having Polk LSI speakers in a 7.1 system I don't see the need for the soundbar and the PQ should be identical. I think I will stick with the C series as I really like 3D too much to give it up and just live with the curve. I had a EG9100 for a bit and never really noticed it.

ray0414 05-11-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRO-630HD (Post 43964906)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUs_CdgsQlI

Good clip of the 65c6p. I really like the black finish vs. silver on the stand. At my local Best Buy that has a Magnolia they have the E6 sitting right next to a EF9500 both 65in. sets. I was wondering the picture on glass would enhance PQ. They were both playing a demo in sync with each other. I honestly could barely tell the difference and the E6 is 50% brighter. Having Polk LSI speakers in a 7.1 system I don't see the need for the soundbar and the PQ should be identical. I think I will stick with the C series as I really like 3D too much to give it up and just live with the curve. I had a EG9100 for a bit and never really noticed it.


Did you notice any difference in colors or vibrancy compared to the ef95?

The c6 is also on my radar later this year, I actually prefer the curve since I sit dead center.

video_analysis 05-11-2016 09:02 PM

I just saw a G6 photo in the owner thread that has the best uniformity of any E6 so far. Probably panel lottery. I wish I knew the lucky #s.:mad:

PRO-630HD 05-12-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 43965050)
Did you notice any difference in colors or vibrancy compared to the ef95?

The c6 is also on my radar later this year, I actually prefer the curve since I sit dead center.

I would there was a subtle improvement. I don't know what modes the TV's were in either. They could have both been in vivid. I think roughly the EF9500 was what 86% DCI-P3, while the E6 can do 96% according to reviews. The 50% increase in brightness also is in a 10% window. We will have to wait for a rtings review to see what the difference is at 50% and above.

venus933 05-13-2016 08:24 PM

In terms of esthetics the C6 looks exponentially better than the G6/E6 models. IMO of course.

It should be noted that many former EF9500 owners are boasting their G6/E6 televisions are a big improvement. Looking forward to hearing from C6 owners.

Nitemare3219 05-16-2016 03:17 PM

Previously a 55EG9600 owner and now a proud 55C6P owner. Huge upgrade over last year. Definitely happy with this purchase.

PRO-630HD 05-16-2016 03:31 PM

Explain in more detail please?!

venus933 05-16-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 (Post 44068722)
Previously a 55EG9600 owner and now a proud 55C6P owner. Huge upgrade over last year. Definitely happy with this purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRO-630HD (Post 44069042)
Explain in more detail please?!

I second that! You're going to be the most interesting human being in this thread with any comments and photos.

ray0414 05-16-2016 06:50 PM

Yea I'm curious to hear about the differences with full screen brightness, color vibrancy, and upscale of lower sources such as cable tv compared to the 2015 oleds.
I currently have a Samsung js9500 and entertaining the idea of grabbing the curved C6 as long as it's not dark like the 2015 oleds.

Gillietalls 05-17-2016 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 44073458)
Yea I'm curious to hear about the differences with full screen brightness, color vibrancy, and upscale of lower sources such as cable tv compared to the 2015 oleds.
I currently have a Samsung js9500 and entertaining the idea of grabbing the curved C6 as long as it's not dark like the 2015 oleds.

I'm with you. I just bought a 55 inch E6 for my bedroom but want a 65 C6 or KS9800 for my 'man loft' area. There's a lot of light that comes into the room so I need it to be bright as well. Hopefully, as bright as the E6.

Sinabon 05-17-2016 08:03 AM

Looks like Best Buy just added the C6 and B6 on their website within the last 24 hours. I expected they were trying to offload the EF9500 lineup before releasing. Last I checked BB stock had under 5 of most sizes in the EF9500 line.

I think we will see the B6 and C6 end of month or early June.

My intention is to pick up a 55" in either model, will wait to see them in person before making my decision. I'm upgrading from a Samsung JS8000.

Nitemare3219 05-17-2016 09:35 AM

What would you guys like to know?

-The input lag for gaming is MUCH improved. It is 100% manageable in my opinion.
-Color vibrancy or anything like that, I've not really noticed a difference. 99% of the time this TV is used with my PC at 4:4:4 chroma in PC mode. I do watch movies on it as well, but not UHD or HDR Blurays... yet.
-Near-black edge luminosity is entirely fixed. Out of the box it looked great. I haven't tested other than when I first took it out of the box about a month ago, but I can do that if you'd like.
-The black bezels are a little larger this year, but that's probably required to fix the previous gen near-black issue mentioned above.
-The updated design is a lot nicer. Gone is the weird white, now replaced with a space gray. The IR wart at the bottom is much smaller too.
-Brightness is noticeably higher.

Oh yeah... I have had a strange artifacting issue. I haven't followed any of the threads here lately so I don't know if anyone else has had it or not. Basically, the screen will rapidly shift color for about a single frame - the overall image is still there, but the color is way off. Like I said it's a quick flash that occurs. It happens not even once per use, so it's not like it's a big issue, but it's a potential concern if hardware is failing. I haven't noticed it on regular TV using HDMI 2, but I don't watch TV very often at all so it may not have had time to occur yet.

Could be the cable or my GPU (Titan X) I suppose, but I'm using a short KabelDirekt HDMI cable which are pretty top notch. I've gone through several driver updates for my GPUs and the TV. This could be a really hard issue to nail down if nobody else has had anything similar occurring, but from my brief glance at the other thread I have seen some people complaining about something with the new TVs? Going to look more into that now.

dkwong 05-17-2016 10:29 AM

Time for the obligatory 5% and 100% slides? :)

ray0414 05-17-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 (Post 44086058)
What would you guys like to know?


What size do you have?

NintendoManiac64 05-17-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 (Post 44086058)
or my GPU (Titan X)

I could have sworn I heard about a GPU driver issue doing something like that, but I don't recall whether if it was indeed with an Nvidia GPU...

venus933 05-17-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray0414 (Post 44092426)
What size do you have?

He indicated earlier he had the 55 inch model.

venus933 05-17-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 (Post 44086058)
What would you guys like to know?

If you're taking pictures I would be interested in some of of the back panel (assuming your TV is not wall mounted). Thanks.

Perhaps your issue is the white flashing some E6 owners are experiencing - 2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread

ChaosCloud 05-17-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 (Post 44086058)
Oh yeah... I have had a strange artifacting issue. I haven't followed any of the threads here lately so I don't know if anyone else has had it or not. Basically, the screen will rapidly shift color for about a single frame - the overall image is still there, but the color is way off. Like I said it's a quick flash that occurs. It happens not even once per use, so it's not like it's a big issue, but it's a potential concern if hardware is failing. I haven't noticed it on regular TV using HDMI 2, but I don't watch TV very often at all so it may not have had time to occur yet.

Could be the cable or my GPU (Titan X) I suppose, but I'm using a short KabelDirekt HDMI cable which are pretty top notch. I've gone through several driver updates for my GPUs and the TV. This could be a really hard issue to nail down if nobody else has had anything similar occurring, but from my brief glance at the other thread I have seen some people complaining about something with the new TVs? Going to look more into that now.

Not sure if it's the same issue you are describing, but I've read many reports of bright/white flashes with the 2016 sets, both here and on AVF. See this post

Also, I was curious if you had tried feeding the TV a 1920x1080 signal from your video card, if you could get a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz.

wales 05-17-2016 05:53 PM

Has anyone thought about splitting the C6 and B6 into separate threads? This being the C6 thread (we have one owner!) if retired or moved. If so, the next few days or so before the first B6s ship would be the time to do it. Curved vs. flat and 3D vs. no 3D will likely create discussion unique to each and seem like big enough differences to justify it. Also, the B6 is likely to be far and away the biggest seller and may need a thread unto its own.

Just throwing it out there.

slowcarboost 05-17-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wales (Post 44100522)
Has anyone thought about splitting the C6 and B6 into separate threads? This being the C6 thread (we have one owner!) if retired or moved. If so, the next few days or so before the first B6s ship would be the time to do it. Curved vs. flat and 3D vs. no 3D will likely create discussion unique to each and seem like big enough differences to justify it. Also, the B6 is likely to be far and away the biggest seller and may need a thread unto its own.



Just throwing it out there.



I really don't think that's necessary. I don't need another thread to keep track of! I think all 4 should be in the same thread. They all have the same pq.

slowcarboost 05-17-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venus933 (Post 44097146)
If you're taking pictures I would be interested in some of of the back panel (assuming your TV is not wall mounted). Thanks.

Perhaps your issue is the white flashing some E6 owners are experiencing - 2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread



I'd like to see the back too. I'd like to see pics of the design in general. I'd like to see if the bezel is exactly the same as last year.

dkwong 05-17-2016 06:17 PM

LG's website has front and back photos: http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65C6P-oled-4k-tv. Looks very similar to the 2015 series, down to where the stand attaches and where the ports are.

YesManQ8 05-17-2016 06:40 PM

Does the 2016 models still have the judder problem? Also is "five hundred and something" nits enough? It concerns me because it's already low compared to LED and a percentage of it is going to be lost in few years anyways. Meaning I won't be able to compensate the lost nits by increasing brightness level settings because I'm already watching at full brightness.

wales 05-17-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowcarboost (Post 44100618)
I really don't think that's necessary. I don't need another thread to keep track of! I think all 4 should be in the same thread. They all have the same pq.

Yeah, I hear you. I think the C should go in with the G and E because of the 3D and then we'd have two owners threads but that ship has sailed. Maybe they will shut down the general thread once there are owners threads for all 4 models.

I could be wrong, but I see a lot of 3D/crosstalk discussion in here that will be irrelevant and annoying to the vast majority of B6 owners and potential buyers. The curved vs flat may also introduce different screen uniformaity issues unique to both, but maybe they will be the same.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.