LG OLED 55/65E6 info, issues, and settings - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 560Likes

post #901 of 2500 Old 11-26-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I have the settings right on the receiver. Sound works with cable box. I also set up another oppo on same input. Not bluray. And it worked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2500 Old 11-26-2016, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
I'm having audio issues.

I have a E6 to marantz 6011 to an 83 oppo and a comcast box.

I get audio all day with the comcast box. If I switch to the oppo i get no sound. If I shut the tv off I get sound. If I turn the Tv on no sound.

Under speaker audio I have HDMI auto and Simplconect on.

What am I missing?

again cable box works perfect. HDMI.

I am using 18 GB premium cert HDMI's. 10 feet main run only. I tried other HDMi wires and still nothing.

jim
Check the settings in the OPPO and make sure it isn't set to Source Direct. If that isn't it, check the sound settings in the OPPO.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #903 of 2500 Old 11-26-2016, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

also why is my audio settings for the tv internal speaker vs HDMI keep changing? I switch inputs and it switches back to internal speakers.

And to add my oppo video is pink at times bs black. It's a handshake issue.

I'm running to Best Buy now to pick up the ultra Sam song player just to see if I can get things working properly

Beside my receiver is there any settings on the TV another Sam song I need to worry about the audio as far as I know the TV should just have HDMI selected for the audio output along with the auto versus PCM and the simple control turned on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 2500 Old 11-26-2016, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Quote:
I'm having audio issues.

I have a E6 to marantz 6011 to an 83 oppo and a comcast box.

I get audio all day with the comcast box. If I switch to the oppo i get no sound. If I shut the tv off I get sound. If I turn the Tv on no sound.

Under speaker audio I have HDMI auto and Simplconect on.

What am I missing?

again cable box works perfect. HDMI.

I am using 18 GB premium cert HDMI's. 10 feet main run only. I tried other HDMi wires and still nothing.

jim
Check the settings in the OPPO and make sure it isn't set to Source Direct. If that isn't it, check the sound settings in the OPPO.
Ill assume I have it set to 1080 P 24 frames per second because I use the oboe to do all the scaling years ago for DVDs even though I was going to a pioneer elite
post #905 of 2500 Old 11-26-2016, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I got the oppo working. it was the LG setting for Deep color down in general. It was turned on. With it off the blurry player works fine now. So wacky!

Also I. Any get any audio from any apps on the lg to my marantz.

I have HDMI arc on the tv vs the internal speakers. I also have the sync on. Anything else? On the marantz I have arc on. Video switching is off.

But nothing. I'm really at a loss here.

I really need some ACR help.

jim
revgen1 likes this.

Last edited by jimim; 11-26-2016 at 07:55 PM.
post #906 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 38
LG OLED 55/65E6 info, issues, and settings

I've had the 55" E6 for about a week now (loving it!) but couple things driving me crazy with the way it interacts with my receiver and also the Netflix app.

When I stream Amazon 4K content it's labeled HDR when it first starts up and of course looks wonderful. When I go to picture mode settings on the LG it's set at HDR standard. Ok perfect. Now doing Netflix and streaming a 4K program I get no notifications that it's 4K (definitely not as good as Amazon) and going to picture mode setting on LG I don't have any HDR or even Dolby Vision option. Just the reg options ISF dark room, bright room, standard etc..
Am I missing something or not set up properly? Or is this the way Netflix is? Everything on Netflix end is set up properly , I called and my internet speed is fine etc.

As for the input switching I can get the LG and Denon 4200 to go from cable (TiVo) to tv audio automatically when streaming apps, but when exiting apps and selecting my main HDMI 2 input on the LG, it will go to a random input on the Denon, but not the last most commonly used which would be Tivo of course. I have Arc and hdmi CEO enabled on both , have tried it without and then get other issues, undesirable as far as trying to not have to juggle remotes all the time.
I see I'm not alone as far as that goes, I see others have the same issues more or less.
There's various work arounds to all this of course as far as switching goes, but would love to keep it as simple as possible especially for the wife.
The Netflix one has me stumped though.

Last edited by slapshot; 11-27-2016 at 08:50 AM.
post #907 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1745 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
You only get a notification for HDR, not 4K.

I've found much 4K content at Netflix is 4K but not HDR, where at Amazon most of their 4K content is HDR.
post #908 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4288 Post(s)
Liked: 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I've had the 55" E6 for about a week now (loving it!) but couple things driving me crazy with the way it interacts with my receiver and also the Netflix app.

When I stream Amazon 4K content it's labeled HDR when it first starts up and of course looks wonderful. When I go to picture mode settings on the LG it's set at HDR standard. Ok perfect. Now doing Netflix and streaming a 4K program I get no notifications that it's 4K (definitely not as good as Amazon) and going to picture mode setting on LG I don't have any HDR or even Dolby Vision option. Just the reg options ISF dark room, bright room, standard etc..
Am I missing something or not set up properly? Or is this the way Netflix is? Everything on Netflix end is set up properly , I called and my internet speed is fine etc.

As for the input switching I can get the LG and Denon 4200 to go from cable (TiVo) to tv audio automatically when streaming apps, but when exiting apps and selecting my main HDMI 2 input on the LG, it will go to a random input on the Denon, but not the last most commonly used which would be Tivo of course. I have Arc and hdmi CEO enabled on both , have tried it without and then get other issues, undesirable as far as trying to not have to juggle remotes all the time.
I see I'm not alone as far as that goes, I see others have the same issues more or less.
There's various work arounds to all this of course as far as switching goes, but would love to keep it as simple as possible especially for the wife.
Everything is working properly. With Netflix, only when you play a HDR or DV stream will the LG go into HDR mode otherwise you will get the normal 1080 or 4K stream and the LG will show ISF bright, dark, etc.. Also you will need the correct Netflix membership to get 4K and HDR/DV. You will need to call them to make sure you have the right one.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #909 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

how did u even get ARC to work on the denon and E. I have a marantz which would be the same and i can't get any sound over HDMI arc. can you help me out a little too?
post #910 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Everything is working properly. With Netflix, only when you play a HDR or DV stream will the LG go into HDR mode otherwise you will get the normal 1080 or 4K stream and the LG will show ISF bright, dark, etc.. Also you will need the correct Netflix membership to get 4K and HDR/DV. You will need to call them to make sure you have the right one.

I do have the correct membership. Was on the phone with them and they assured me everything is ok on their end.
I also tried streaming Netflix from my Samsung UHD player and also cannot get the 4k settings to come up on the LG.
So I guess it might have something to do with my internet provider or router? I get the right speeds,about 100, so its not that and they are hard wired.
post #911 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
how did u even get ARC to work on the denon and E. I have a marantz which would be the same and i can't get any sound over HDMI arc. can you help me out a little too?

On my Denon under HDMI control there's an option to go to TV Audio when the tv (LG) sends it a signal to do so. You have to have the LG's HDMI control on too, Simplink I think it's called.

Its just the switching back that doesn't work right, then I have to get my Denon remote to switch back to my Tivo.

I tried setting up the LG remote to control my Denon but that's a disaster too, never brings up the input I want. It goes always to my Amazon Fire tv, which has no HDMI control function that I can find.
My next step is to disconnect the Fire and see what happens.
post #912 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Liked: 752
does anyone enable trumotion (custom settings?) when watching sports like nfl? if so, what settings? enabling trumotion turns on the max motion resolution but i tried 0/10 and with deblur that high it creates a trail on objects like the ball, etc.
post #913 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I do have the correct membership. Was on the phone with them and they assured me everything is ok on their end.
I also tried streaming Netflix from my Samsung UHD player and also cannot get the 4k settings to come up on the LG.
So I guess it might have something to do with my internet provider or router? I get the right speeds,about 100, so its not that and they are hard wired.
Only shows in HDR will trigger HDR. 4K shows without HDR will not. The bulk of the UHD shows on Netflix are not HDR, so you will not have an HDR picture mode. You will have the normal picture settings you always see. Daredevil season 1 is in DV HDR, and MARCO POLO is in HDR 10. Make sure you select them from the UHD selection on screen.
slapshot likes this.

post #914 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
On my Denon under HDMI control there's an option to go to TV Audio when the tv (LG) sends it a signal to do so. You have to have the LG's HDMI control on too, Simplink I think it's called.

Its just the switching back that doesn't work right, then I have to get my Denon remote to switch back to my Tivo.

I tried setting up the LG remote to control my Denon but that's a disaster too, never brings up the input I want. It goes always to my Amazon Fire tv, which has no HDMI control function that I can find.

Disconnecting the Fire tv sends me to no input on the Denon. Brings up a source select menu on the 4200. Swapping inputs on the Denon (Fire tv for TiVo, or HDMI 1 for HDMI 6) still sends me to the Fire TV box,lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #915 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
does anyone enable trumotion (custom settings?) when watching sports like nfl? if so, what settings? enabling trumotion turns on the max motion resolution but i tried 0/10 and with deblur that high it creates a trail on objects like the ball, etc.
I turn off Trumotion for all regular tv viewing, including sports. I set it to 0,10 for blu ray.

post #916 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Only shows in HDR will trigger HDR. 4K shows without HDR will not. The bulk of the UHD shows on Netflix are not HDR, so you will not have an HDR picture mode. You will have the normal picture settings you always see. Daredevil season 1 is in DV HDR, and MARCO POLO is in HDR 10. Make sure you select them from the UHD selection on screen.

Got it now! Thank you! Everything works properly re Netflix.
post #917 of 2500 Old 11-27-2016, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

Ya but in the denim isn't there a bunch of other settings too. U have to set the input list for tv audio and then there are all the other HDMI settings in a video section. I would assume the demon is similiar?
post #918 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 10520
When watching Grand Tour on Amazon Prime my E65 display showed HDR but also 1080P.
post #919 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
When watching Grand Tour on Amazon Prime my E65 display showed HDR but also 1080P.
There are two separate streams. HD and a UHD version but they have to be accessed separately for some reason. Mine took about 2 mins to switch to UHD despite having a good connection. I've complained to amazon but they don't care. It would be nice to just select the quality you want and support a buffer rather than let it's auto stream select the wrong quality for minutes.
post #920 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirkDiggler View Post
There are two separate streams. HD and a UHD version but they have to be accessed separately for some reason. Mine took about 2 mins to switch to UHD despite having a good connection. I've complained to amazon but they don't care. It would be nice to just select the quality you want and support a buffer rather than let it's auto stream select the wrong quality for minutes.
Thanks. I will check next time. I did, by the way, select the UHD version.
post #921 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Guys:

I've been using the TV for a week now and it is superb. However, I want to make sure that I'm getting the full use of the LG Upscaler of regular HD content which I hear is superb on this TV. I have Rogers Cable which has a lot of HD channels and some 4k channels, but I do feel the regular HD is a bit underwhelming on the TV. Are there any settings I should be tweaking that specifically gets the upscaler going at max factor? Also, should I be using HDMI 2.0 premium cables to guarantee the best image quality?
post #922 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
is there someone that can tell me what this is.

i put on the television this evening, and in the right corner this apears.

it looks like ink marks.

strange this one, this is new to me,allready called the shop where i bought te television.
and tommorow i get a call back,
but i am curious if anybody here has seen it before

thanx
post #923 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 02:33 PM

Quick question. My 55" E6 has a very slight curved screen. It's not perfectly flat. Is this normal? It's so thin I can see it being susceptible to bending. It's on a stand.

post #924 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Quick question. My 55" E6 has a very slight curved screen. It's not perfectly flat. Is this normal? It's so thin I can see it being susceptible to bending. It's on a stand.

I have only had the 65" E for a few days, but from as far as I can tell, it is straight. I wouldn't think much of it if it doesn't impact picture quality and is not noticeable without inspecting it close up.
post #925 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 29
@jimim

You are my hero. When I got my E6, my Oppo BDP-93 could not operate in 3-D mode with the E6. I figured I'd have to save money after the holidays to buy a new 3-D player. After reading your post, I tried turning off the Deep Color on the E6 and woe and behold, I can play 3-D titles with my Oppo BDP-93. Hopefully, the moderators will post these issues with Oppo BDP-83 and BDP-93 to the OP. This information is vital for Oppo owners and others suffering from this issue. I no longer have to keep my borrowed 3-D Blu-Ray player anymore.
SandstormGT likes this.
post #926 of 2500 Old 11-28-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen1 View Post
@jimim

You are my hero. When I got my E6, my Oppo BDP-93 could not operate in 3-D mode with the E6. I figured I'd have to save money after the holidays to buy a new 3-D player. After reading your post, I tried turning off the Deep Color on the E6 and woe and behold, I can play 3-D titles with my Oppo BDP-93. Hopefully, the moderators will post these issues with Oppo BDP-83 and BDP-93 to the OP. This information is vital for Oppo owners and others suffering from this issue. I no longer have to keep my borrowed 3-D Blu-Ray player anymore.
thanks man. it drove me crazy. i didn't end up going to a party with my wife cause i was pulling old dvd players and buying new ones cause i was totally at a loss. the player worked perfect for 8 years.

the problem is you need deep color on the lg for ultra 4k content to get that 10 bit or higher. but if using the oppo also you got to switch back and forth.

what i didn't do yet is check if the oppo has a deep color setting in it that might let me get by the changes.

dude i don't know much but i did figure that one out somehow. i have been spraying up a bunch of threads cause i have so many questions. this is so much harder than the standard dvd to blurry switch.

glad i helped someone for once!
lol

jim
SandstormGT and revgen1 like this.
post #927 of 2500 Old 11-29-2016, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 28
So, do I have it correctly that the color gamut should be set to "Normal" for HDR10 (it's greyed out on DV content) but set to "Wide" for SDR UHD content? I was under the impression it had to be set to "Wide" for anything 4K.

Brandon A. DuHamel
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
TheaterByte

Last edited by GoldenBoy; 11-29-2016 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Mistakenly quoted someone.
post #928 of 2500 Old 11-30-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4288 Post(s)
Liked: 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoy View Post
So, do I have it correctly that the color gamut should be set to "Normal" for HDR10 (it's greyed out on DV content) but set to "Wide" for SDR UHD content? I was under the impression it had to be set to "Wide" for anything 4K.
The only thing the color gamut control does is to increase the color saturation. It has nothing to do with setting the set to WCG. The set will switch to WCG automatically when it sees a HDR video signal regardless to what this control is set to. It's set to wide in ISF bright for example because, I guess LG felt with the brighter picture mode that the colors would look a little washed out so to compensate they have this control. It's really mislabeled because it gives the impression that you need to set it to wide to get WCG for HDR. If you are ok with the color saturation, then setting it to Normal will give you the most accurate colors.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #929 of 2500 Old 11-30-2016, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does anyone use the manual settings for 3D or just set to Automatic?
post #930 of 2500 Old 11-30-2016, 02:49 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by truerogue76 View Post
Does anyone use the manual settings for 3D or just set to Automatic?
I do sometimes when I'm watching a film that has weak 3-D overall. I found it effective when watching Underworld Awakening. I use 3-D Depth = 20 and Viewpoint = -5. Default setting is 3-D Depth = 10 and Viewpoint = 0.

You can read more about it here.
SandstormGT likes this.

Last edited by revgen1; 11-30-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
55/65E6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page