LG OLED 55/65E6 info, issues, and settings - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 562Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Anyone has a link to the latest update zip file for OLED65E6P ? The one on LG USA website is corrupted and won't unzip.
latreche34 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,517
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
Anyone has a link to the latest update zip file for OLED65E6P ? The one on LG USA website is corrupted and won't unzip.
That's strange. Just downloaded from US site and it unzipped just fine.
wxman is offline  
post #1533 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
That's strange. Just downloaded from US site and it unzipped just fine.
That's even stranger, I can download and unzip any file except the LG one.
latreche34 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1534 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
That's strange. Just downloaded from US site and it unzipped just fine.
Can you do me a favor, Can you upload the unzipped file to a cloud service ?
latreche34 is offline  
post #1535 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,517
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
Can you do me a favor, Can you upload the unzipped file to a cloud service ?
I don't have any cloud services.
wxman is offline  
post #1536 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Member
 
Evan702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
Anyone has a link to the latest update zip file for OLED65E6P ? The one on LG USA website is corrupted and won't unzip.
I had the exact same problem earlier in the week with the download from LG USA. It drove me crazy for a couple of days because I tried several computers, Macs and Windows boxes, and no matter what the file was bad and wouldn't unzip properly. LG support was, of course, no help at all. Finally, I downloaded the file from the LG Canada website and it unzipped with no problem and updated my E6 with no issues whatsoever.

It's kind of mind boggling why the update file from LG USA is perfectly fine for some (most?) people, and corrupt for some folks like us.

Living the 4K HDR life.

Last edited by Evan702; 03-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Evan702 is offline  
post #1537 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,517
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
I had the exact same problem earlier in the week with the download from LG USA. It drove me crazy for a couple of days because I tried several computers, Macs and Windows boxes, and no matter what the file was bad and wouldn't unzip properly. LG support was, of course, no help at all. Finally, I downloaded the file from the LG Canada website and it unzipped with no problem and updated my E6 with no issues whatsoever.

It's kind of mind boggling why the update file from LG USA is perfectly fine for some (most?) people, and corrupt for some folks like us.
It could be related to where LG thinks you are downloading from. Based on your ip, it very well may think you are in Canada, thus the file you try to download from LG USA can not be unzipped, even though you are in the US. I had no issue using my iMac to unzip.
wxman is offline  
post #1538 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,666
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4313 Post(s)
Liked: 3749
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
I would always let the TV do the upscaling versus any cable box, roku stick, Tivo, whatever. Set them to native or whatever their "unprocessed" setting would be and let your High-quality TV do the heavy lifting.
Exception might be the HQ scaler on the Oppo 203-UHD, which even has an HDMI input for the purpose.
video_analysis is offline  
post #1539 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,450
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Exception might be the HQ scaler on the Oppo 203-UHD, which even has an HDMI input for the purpose.
Except HDMI in on the 203 is broken at least when I had it freezing and really bad av synch issues. I found the 203 scaling to be very good tho.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #1540 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Member
 
Evan702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
It could be related to where LG thinks you are downloading from. Based on your ip, it very well may think you are in Canada, thus the file you try to download from LG USA can not be unzipped, even though you are in the US. I had no issue using my iMac to unzip.
I suppose anything is possible, but my home IP is very clearly based in the US and has always been recognized as such. Moreover, I did consider that possibility though and also downloaded it while connected to a mobile broadband device through my cell phone provider as well as at my job on my work computer. Corrupted with header errors and other errors in all cases. For whatever reason, that zip file on the LG USA site just didn't like me.

Living the 4K HDR life.

Last edited by Evan702; 03-12-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Evan702 is offline  
post #1541 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,517
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Liked: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
I suppose anything is possible, but my home IP is very clearly based in the US and has always been recognized as such. Moreover, I did consider that possibility though and also downloaded it while connected to a mobile broadband device through my cell phone provider as well as at my job on my work computer. Corrupted with header errors and other errors in all cases. For whatever reason, that zip file on the LG USA site just didn't like me.
Perhaps it's related to what LG server you are directed to when you try to download. I'm in the central part of the US. Maybe I'm being sent to a different LG server than you are. So the server you are being sent to has the bad file, while the server I'm sent to does not. I wonder if you used a VPN, you would get directed to a different server.
wxman is offline  
post #1542 of 2520 Old 03-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Member
 
BarryDMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Perhaps it's related to what LG server you are directed to when you try to download. I'm in the central part of the US. Maybe I'm being sent to a different LG server than you are. So the server you are being sent to has the bad file, while the server I'm sent to does not. I wonder if you used a VPN, you would get directed to a different server.
I am in Canada and I downloaded from the USA site a couple of weeks ago and file unzipped with no problem.

Anthem AVM 60, 7.2.4 configuration with Emotive XPA-7 Gen3 and Anthem PVA 4 amplifiers.
B&W 683 S2 (FLR); B&W HTM61 S2 (C); B&W 685 S2 (SLR); B&W 685 S2 (RSLR); 4 x B&W CCM663 (Ceiling/Presence/Atmos); 2 x Sunfire HRS-12 (Subwoofers)
LG OLED65E6P, OPPO UDP-203, Project RPM1 Carbon Turntable, Apple TV 4K, Ultralink HDC-150 Power, Harmony Elite Remote, Arris Cable Box, Primacoustics London 12 Room Treatment
BarryDMartin is offline  
post #1543 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
I had the exact same problem earlier in the week with the download from LG USA. It drove me crazy for a couple of days because I tried several computers, Macs and Windows boxes, and no matter what the file was bad and wouldn't unzip properly. LG support was, of course, no help at all. Finally, I downloaded the file from the LG Canada website and it unzipped with no problem and updated my E6 with no issues whatsoever.

It's kind of mind boggling why the update file from LG USA is perfectly fine for some (most?) people, and corrupt for some folks like us.
I solved the mystery, Basically to download the US version and unzip it I had to do it in only two different ways:
Register the product and go to my LG product page and download from there, Or go to www.lg.com/common as mentioned in the update instruction PDF file, select the country and download from there. I have no clue why LG did this and not mentioning it specifically in their manual.
I did not want to download the Canadian version just in case there is small differences in the standards.
RS1990 likes this.
latreche34 is offline  
post #1544 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Member
 
RS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
I solved the mystery, Basically to download the US version and unzip it I had to do it in only two different ways:
Register the product and go to my LG product page and download from there, Or go to www.lg.com/common as mentioned in the update instruction PDF file, select the country and download from there. I have no clue why LG did this and not mentioning it specifically in their manual.
I did not want to download the Canadian version just in case there is small differences in the standards.
I have the same issue as others and this didn't work for me either. I downloaded the zip from myLG -> Product Support, right under my registered TV (OLED65E6P) and that won't unzip and then I tried just doing ti through lg.com/common and that also won't unzip. Very odd, any additional thoughts?

-RS
RS1990 is offline  
post #1545 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Daryl L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 3,473
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 450
I already have this update installed (Version 04.30.95) but decided to test and see if I had any problem at this present time. I just downloaded it, double-clicked on the zip file and it unzipped with no problem. I'm using Opera browser. It could be a browser or your operating system or a browser extension at the root of the problem. I'm on a Mac computer and it unzipped fine. Try disabling your extensions and then download the file. Some people that have the problem with the file on Windows could have a different version of Windows then those that are not having problem with it being corrupted. Could be various reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 2.52.52 PM.png
Views:	114
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	2023841  
oldsteve likes this.

Sony XBR-55A9F OLED
Samsung SMT-H3272 HDC DVR Cable Box / Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BD Player
Roku Premium+ 4k / AppleTV 4K 4th Gen
Denon AVR-X4500H AV Receiver / Klipsch 5.1.2 Speakers

Last edited by Daryl L; 03-13-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Daryl L is offline  
post #1546 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I have the same issue as others and this didn't work for me either. I downloaded the zip from myLG -> Product Support, right under my registered TV (OLED65E6P) and that won't unzip and then I tried just doing ti through lg.com/common and that also won't unzip. Very odd, any additional thoughts?
Try to uninstall your zip application and install again, if using winzip from windows try installing 7-Zip.
latreche34 is offline  
post #1547 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
oldsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Citrus Hts., CA
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I have the same issue as others and this didn't work for me either. I downloaded the zip from myLG -> Product Support, right under my registered TV (OLED65E6P) and that won't unzip and then I tried just doing ti through lg.com/common and that also won't unzip. Very odd, any additional thoughts?
I finally got the TV to recognize the file as an upgrade. I have been using Firefox to download the firmware several times. The TV would show the USB stick but with an unreadable file. I thought maybe the file extension was getting changed somehow or another. I then read Dayrl L's idea to switch browsers. Bingo! I used Edge and a free zip program called "Open Zip" from the Microsoft store. All is well now. This had been driving me crazy for over a week. I can't ever remember having this much frustration over a simple update!
P.S. This was using the latest version of Win 10
Daryl L likes this.

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Denon AVR X-4500H,AudioSource 2 channel amp,(3) Hsu CCB-8 bookshelf speakers, (2) Hsu HB-1 speakers,(Monoprice Monolith 28" speaker stands, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, 10" Monolith THX sub, Roku Ultra, Amazon Fire TV4K, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables
oldsteve is offline  
post #1548 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,666
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4313 Post(s)
Liked: 3749
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Except HDMI in on the 203 is broken at least when I had it freezing and really bad av synch issues. I found the 203 scaling to be very good tho.
Bummer, should (hopefully) be a firmware update or two away from resolution. I've had Av sync problems with even Blu-ray viewing (but not lately, I think the recent firmware update helped).
video_analysis is offline  
post #1549 of 2520 Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,450
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Bummer, should (hopefully) be a firmware update or two away from resolution. I've had Av sync problems with even Blu-ray viewing (but not lately, I think the recent firmware update helped).
i think it is a low priority honestly , I have moved on




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #1550 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 770
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi I had the same issue for some minutes, not able to trigger 3D Playback, but issue resolved after some changes of XBOX One S Advanced Settings.....3D was working initially only with 1080p + 3D output ticked (HDR + 4K unticked.)

Do you have your XBox One S connected directly to the TV? 1080p output with 3D ON has to work normally.....EDID probably is responsible for the problem you facing. Try to enable Deep Color @ HDMI 2, then close the TV and XBox, connect X1S to HDMI 2 and try again....set 1080p 3D first (disabling the HDR/4K)....if it work go and tick the HDR+4K as second step.

I don't have XBOX One S or LG OLED to test it out, but doing this solved the issue I experiencing to one setup I had calibrated.
Ugh, so frustrated still with this issue. Last night tried one disc and it immediately worked perfectly. The next 15 or so times I tried all I would get is a black screen and then the No Input screen of the LG (with the dog/flower/mountain). It made no difference if the XB1S was set to 4K or 1080. I could get to the menu on a 2D/3D combination disc, but once I selected 3D it blanked to the No Input.

I did discover that if I pull the HDMI cable from the side of the TV then reinsert it, the XB1S would get recognized and it would show the 3D movie, already in progress.

Any ideas? Could it be a cable issue? I'm using the cable that came with the XB1S, purchased in December.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
post #1551 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Member
 
hardikorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see 2015 OLED like vignetting/banding on my E6. First two pictures are of test patterns and the last is from the first scene from "Arrival" Blu ray. LG technician already came in morning when the issue isn't very apparent and LG says they need there tech to see the issue for repair requests. Thoughts on how to proceed with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0125_1489510494444.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	2025113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128_1489510510959.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	2025121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0129_1489510523945.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2025137  
hardikorama is offline  
post #1552 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
oldsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Citrus Hts., CA
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Ugh, so frustrated still with this issue. Last night tried one disc and it immediately worked perfectly. The next 15 or so times I tried all I would get is a black screen and then the No Input screen of the LG (with the dog/flower/mountain). It made no difference if the XB1S was set to 4K or 1080. I could get to the menu on a 2D/3D combination disc, but once I selected 3D it blanked to the No Input.

I did discover that if I pull the HDMI cable from the side of the TV then reinsert it, the XB1S would get recognized and it would show the 3D movie, already in progress.

Any ideas? Could it be a cable issue? I'm using the cable that came with the XB1S, purchased in December.
I would say you have an under-performing cable issue. Get yourself a Premium Certified one and make your life hassle free!
mttpalmer likes this.

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Denon AVR X-4500H,AudioSource 2 channel amp,(3) Hsu CCB-8 bookshelf speakers, (2) Hsu HB-1 speakers,(Monoprice Monolith 28" speaker stands, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, 10" Monolith THX sub, Roku Ultra, Amazon Fire TV4K, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables

Last edited by oldsteve; 03-14-2017 at 11:15 AM.
oldsteve is offline  
post #1553 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Member
 
RS1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
I finally got the TV to recognize the file as an upgrade. I have been using Firefox to download the firmware several times. The TV would show the USB stick but with an unreadable file. I thought maybe the file extension was getting changed somehow or another. I then read Dayrl L's idea to switch browsers. Bingo! I used Edge and a free zip program called "Open Zip" from the Microsoft store. All is well now. This had been driving me crazy for over a week. I can't ever remember having this much frustration over a simple update!
P.S. This was using the latest version of Win 10
I've tried different browsers, must be the zip program that comes in Windows. Will try another and see what happens. Really annoying though.

-RS
RS1990 is offline  
post #1554 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,450
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3817
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I've tried different browsers, must be the zip program that comes in Windows. Will try another and see what happens. Really annoying though.
I used chrome last night no issues at all.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #1555 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My defective ks9800 is being replaced by 65 inch E6. Very excited. Two things are what should look for as soon as I power tv to make sure I got a good one? And what 4k player oppo is not in my budget should I purchase for this tv? I'm guessing one that Hass dolby vision? Thanks ahead of time
Mike98 is offline  
post #1556 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,666
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4313 Post(s)
Liked: 3749
Don't look for too much when you first power it on. Give it 20 hours of regular viewing at least (making sure to cut the power every 4 hours for 10 minutes each between viewings). Then, just throw on your favorite Blu-rays and 3D content (if you have any) and see how she looks.
video_analysis is offline  
post #1557 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,366
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Liked: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike98 View Post
My defective ks9800 is being replaced by 65 inch E6. Very excited. Two things are what should look for as soon as I power tv to make sure I got a good one? And what 4k player oppo is not in my budget should I purchase for this tv? I'm guessing one that Hass dolby vision? Thanks ahead of time
I've had great luck with my Samsung 8500 UHD player. It plays everything I throw at it without a hitch. nice image quality, IMO. Just choose user mode which turns OFF their PQ enhancements and you'll be happy. Priced right too.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Panny UBD-420, LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is online now  
post #1558 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks for the suggestions! Not an expert in this field but will power off the tv as suggested! The samsung 8500 looks good just don't know if I should get one with dolby vision. Have you guys noticed obvious clipping of detail on hdr bright scenes? Is it that obvious?
Mike98 is offline  
post #1559 of 2520 Old 03-14-2017, 09:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,666
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4313 Post(s)
Liked: 3749
Hard to say when you don't have a reference nearby, but I'm glad to have a player that will theoretically support DV if/when it becomes available.
video_analysis is offline  
post #1560 of 2520 Old 03-15-2017, 01:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
latreche34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baja, California Mexico 965392
Posts: 545
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardikorama View Post
I see 2015 OLED like vignetting/banding on my E6. First two pictures are of test patterns and the last is from the first scene from "Arrival" Blu ray. LG technician already came in morning when the issue isn't very apparent and LG says they need there tech to see the issue for repair requests. Thoughts on how to proceed with this?
I have the same uniformity issue and was just going to live with it, Should I call LG? I don't want to pack it again and return it to the store because I may get another set with different problems.
By the way where did you get the brightness meter test screens?
latreche34 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
55/65E6

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off