The White Flashes: Do you see them on your B6/C6/E6/G6? - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: The White Flashes: Do you see them on your B6 / C6 / E6 / G6 ?
B6 - Yes 1 1.33%
C6 - Yes 1 1.33%
E6 - Yes 38 50.67%
G6 - Yes 6 8.00%
B6 - No 7 9.33%
C6 - No 4 5.33%
E6 - No 15 20.00%
G6 - No 3 4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 51Likes
Closed Thread

post #151 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Problem solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsonia View Post
Thought I would post what I've seen regarding this issue since there's no thread about it on the UK forum.

On my second E6 now which is perfect apart from the flashes. Had the white flashes on my first one also.

Went a whole weekend with nothing at all plugged into the TV and all I did was watch Netflix and it happened a few times.

I also get the flashes on my PS4 which is connected directly to the TV and my Xbox one which goes through my AVR.
I've never ever had the flashes on normal TV using the built in freeview.
I've also never had the flashes once when using my computer with the E6 for movies and gaming.

So to clarify I see the flashes only on my consoles and Netflix.

Never see it on normal TV and never see it when watching things off my computer which is connected to my TV via a display port to HDMI converter and then the HDMI from that into the TV.
Have you seen White Flashes since the firmware update (3.15.10)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Kompany View Post
dude seriously, stop trolling. the problem has been fixed.
Glad to know that the problem has been fixed on your set, Vincent! But it wouldn't be that unusual if the firmware update fixed this problem on some sets and not on others, as the problem might be influenced by a number of factors. (Some firmware fixes take a few generations before solving a problem completely.) I've been biding my time for a flat screen OLED and think the 2016s look just great, but before I pull the trigger I'd like to be fairly certain that the White Flash problem has been solved on most sets - not just those belonging to the people who participate most frequently.
post #153 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Auteur View Post
Have you seen White Flashes since the firmware update (3.15.10)?

I haven't seen any at all since that Firmware so its looking like its been fixed. Before I would see them at least once or twice a movie on Netflix but since the update none.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsonia View Post
I haven't seen any at all since that Firmware so its looking like its been fixed. Before I would see them at least once or twice a movie on Netflix but since the update none.
Great news! Thanks for sharing!
post #155 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Kompany View Post
dude seriously, stop trolling. the problem has been fixed.
"Dude seriously," he's not trolling. He's asking. I've seen many updates that fix some folks but not others.

Granted, it looks great, but if he hadn't asked for further verification, I would have.

You're acting like the fix has been out for months.

Unless of course, you're insisting that folks simply take hopeful initial information as some kind of long-term gospel out of hand. In which case, you might be in the wrong place.
post #156 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:14 PM

No more White Flashes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanny View Post
Just got my 65E6P. Updated the software. Let it install and confirmed it's using the latest. Had it on all day. Just saw my first white flash.
Hey Hanny -
Has the FW update eliminated the White Flashes on your set? Some folks reported seeing a flash shortly after installing the update, but then the problem disappeared. Please post a report when you get a chance.
post #157 of 169 Old 06-18-2016, 10:53 PM

White Flash updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Auteur View Post
Hey Hanny -
Has the FW update eliminated the White Flashes on your set? Some folks reported seeing a flash shortly after installing the update, but then the problem disappeared. Please post a report when you get a chance.
Just read a recent post from Hanny on the owners thread, and he reports seeing only one White Flash early on - but none afterwards in 4 days of ownership.

Woppy101 installed the firmware update but continues to see White Flashes. He's in the UK. Franchot has noted that sets in the UK continue to have issues. Perhaps the FW update solved the problem on the television standard used in the US (NTSC) rather than the one in the UK (PAL)?

Marine92102 reported White Flashes. Hey Marine, have you tried the firmware update (3.15.10 for the E6, 3.15.15 for the G6)? Let us know the results. Please note that firmware updates won't run until the set has been restarted and, in some cases, goes through an automatic compensation cycle.

Last edited by Video Auteur; 06-18-2016 at 10:56 PM.
post #158 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 AM

Firmware Fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
I've tried it in every port with different HDMI cables. The HDMI cables I use aren't cheap. They're high end cables.

It doesn't matter what I watch I get the white flashes. I got one of the first sets that were released from Value Electronics.

So frustrating that LG didn't take this serious.

Is there any legal recourse?
Hey Marine, have you tried the firmware update (3.15.10 for the E6, 3.15.15 for the G6)? LG claims this is a fix for the White Flashes. Let us know the results. Please note that firmware updates won't run until the set has been restarted and, in some cases, goes through an automatic compensation cycle.
post #159 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4298 Post(s)
Liked: 3723
Sigh at this obsession:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
Just an update I spent most yesterday watching movies & still no white flashes since the latest update.

Last movie I watched was Interstellar (really dark & long movie). Still no white flashes.

Thanks LG!
That was on June 13th. You can search his individual posts to find later reports that the flashes remained at bay in more recent days (but the posts cover other topics as well so are not appropriate to quote here).
Video Auteur likes this.
post #160 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4298 Post(s)
Liked: 3723
Another data point for you, Auteur, to hopefully get you off this ridiculous fence. My replacement G6 arrived yesterday. It was exhibiting flashes on Amazon streaming UNTIL I upgraded to 3.15.15. Afterwards, the flashing ceased.
Franchot and Video Auteur like this.
post #161 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 06:31 PM

Firmware Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Another data point for you, Auteur, to hopefully get you off this ridiculous fence. My replacement G6 arrived yesterday. It was exhibiting flashes on Amazon streaming UNTIL I upgraded to 3.15.15. Afterwards, the flashing ceased.
It's human nature to move on when a problem has been solved, but reading the reports of White Flashes persisting after the FW update, I wanted to follow up just to be sure. With the exception of our friend in the UK, the problem appears to have been solved once people updated the firmware AND rebooted their set. (Also, if the new firmware hadn't fixed the issue, I think we'd be seeing posts from new owners reporting this problem.)

A big THANK YOU to everyone for sharing information about this issue - especially to TGM1024 for setting up this thread and to Ironman628 for capturing the elusive flash! (Haven't seen a follow-up from Ironman; hope his set is fixed, too.) I prefer to do thorough research before making a purchase so I don't have the hassle of a return, and forums such as this make this possible.
Franchot and tgm1024 like this.
post #162 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
For me coming from holland have also seen the white flahes
3 times now
Also i have te latest firmware
So i'm thinking that the problem is not solved
Did you get the firmware trough your mail
Or straight at your tv
post #163 of 169 Old 06-19-2016, 11:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymen View Post
For me coming from holland have also seen the white flahes
3 times now
Also i have te latest firmware
So i'm thinking that the problem is not solved
Did you get the firmware trough your mail
Or straight at your tv
And what is the version number of your latest firmware?

I'm not sure if the firmware version numbers are the same for the LG sets in all countries, but I'm guessing that there is a later firmware version coming to your country which will fix the problem. The latest United States firmware version is relatively new, so maybe your country is further down the line to receive the latest firmware update.

Since the problem was fixed on the United States sets, it makes logical sense that it can be fixed on sets from other countries.

From what I've read on these threads, most people are getting the firmware over the Internet through their TVs. And importantly, not everyone received the update at the same time; it took several days for everyone to get it delivered to their TVs.
post #164 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 06:48 AM

Oke i checked my software. it is now at 03.15.04

but now i have turned it on the tv is updating.and is the firmware 031.15.10 ,is this the one for the white flash bug

the screens are in dutch ofcourse
can somone confirm this

Mvrg,
Raymen

Last edited by raymen; 06-20-2016 at 06:54 AM.
post #165 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymen View Post
but now i have turned it on the tv is updating.and is the firmware 031.15.10 ,is this the one for the white flash bug
the screens are in dutch ofcourse
can somone confirm this

Mvrg,
Raymen
Raymen,

You're in good shape, now. 03.15.10 is the firmware which fixes the white flash bug. Also, make sure that you shut off and restart your TV in order for the fix to be properly applied to your TV.

Hope woppy101 from England reports in that he has also received a newer version of the firmware and his white flash bug is a thing of the past. I'm betting he also has the older firmware on his set.

Last edited by Franchot; 06-20-2016 at 11:00 AM.
post #166 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 10:40 AM

OKEE THNX

did not see it yet
post #167 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I think EU just got the .10 patch recently, which might explain the persisting white flashes among some users. I've not seen a single one since I updated, I'm so happy
Franchot likes this.

LG 65E6P
Pioneer 5020FD
post #168 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 513
i'm super impressed by how fast LG was able to diagnose this AND push out an update to fix it. well done.
post #169 of 169 Old 06-20-2016, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Ok, I am asking for this thread to be locked and opening up a new poll. Please REVOTE there with your current results:

2016 LG OLED: Do you see the white flashes (STILL) after 20-June-2016?

If this current thread and poll were to remain alive, it would unfairly drive people away from the LG OLED.

Let's hope that firmware versions 3.15.10, and/or 3.15.15 have ended this thing for good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page