AVS Forum banner

The OLED Photo Thread

147K views 752 replies 128 participants last post by  joe domingos 
#1 · (Edited)
Lets see your OLED photos! All models welcome, just let us know what it is when posting. Post your screenshots and photos to show off the TV's aesthetics. Absolutely no slide photos though...save those for the owner threads. :)

I took these a day after getting my E6 and didn't really adjust the settings yet. I'll try to take some more this weekend.

Dolby Vision enabled by playing Marco Polo

Life of Pi on UHD Bluray

See less See more
#7 ·
wow, man, that looks killer. Did that game get an HDR update yet?

I ordered a HTPC to play this game in 4K. Can't wait.

#5 ·
I'll post some this evening when I get off work. How do you embed photos without a slideshow?

#6 ·
You can use the website Imgur, upload your photo, then post the

#10 · (Edited)
Someone in the Owners thread requested some shots of The Descent and Seven.

Photos were shot in Raw and cropped. I did take the highlights down a notch on some to better represent what I saw with my eyes. I stupidly forgot to set a max limit for ISO, and most came out at 3200, which may have introduced some grain. The Descent and Seven are fairly grainy to begin with though. Also note that my copy of The Descent is the Aussie version which had a different tone than the early US release.

#13 ·
These were with BT.1886, but take that with a grain of salt because of the TV -> Camera -> JPEG -> Photobucket -> your monitor, path the photos have taken. Each step changes things slightly.

#15 · (Edited)
That shot of the landed ship is way too dark from what I have seen on mine. Lot of the detail seems to be lost in the center of the shot of the ship. What settings are you using?

This is from my P50 FALD I took a while back. This looks closer to what I see on my E6.

#17 ·
Settings are from Value Electronics, and are lighter in real life. They look better on my laptop too. On my large monitor it does look too dark.

#19 ·
I went back and pulled up some of the Prometheus scenes and compared them with what was posted. My pics are coming out with a little more blue then real life, along with darker contrast levels. I tried to correct the ship pic to what my eyes see...still not as good as real life of course, but it does have more contrast than the P50 pic that was posted.

It's very hard taking random screen shot pics because I want to watch the whole movie instead!

#21 ·
Yeah, I used a crappy iPhone 6s camera. I will try to take better pictures of both TVs again in a completely dark room and see what it looks like.

#22 ·

Just an iPhone 6, but here's my contribution. I love this tv!

Attachments

#23 ·
Some More

More pics...

Attachments

#27 ·
HDR Demos

Found these in the internal video/photos app once you put the tv in store mode. Can't wait to watch these once it gets dark.

Attachments

#28 ·
More Demos

Color Demo

Attachments

#36 ·
I only picked up the 2D version since it was a blind buy and I didn't have a 3D TV at the time :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.