• 1 Post By KevinG

post #1 of 12 Old 12-05-2016, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Magic Remote - TiVo Bolt

Greetings
has anyone found a way to get to "live TV" using their LG Magic Remote? I just got my OLED 65EP and using my TiVo Bolt for my OTA. I can get to all the Tivo menus except, "Live TV". Does anyone have a work around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
A poor work around it to hit Guide twice - Opening Guide jumps out of whatever menu you are in, and closing the Guide screen leaves you back at live TV.
post #3 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V7Goose View Post
A poor work around it to hit Guide twice - Opening Guide jumps out of whatever menu you are in, and closing the Guide screen leaves you back at live TV.
Thank you V7Goose, I wonder why LG didn't think of that button?. Happy Holidays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 09:03 AM

I wonder why TiVo never implemented something like an escape or cancel button that just closes everything and dumps you back into whatever was last playing - either a recording or live TV. Especially with the Bolt I am often irritated when I am playing a recorded program and decide to jump into the menus to check on a schedule or whatever - I do this quite a bit because the video window lets me multi-task while keeping track of whatever was playing. But then there is no simple way to go back into the last program playing (paused or not) without a bunch of stupid extra buttons to finally get to the original now playing list and select it again. In those cases, the Gide+Guide trick helps too.
post #5 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
I wonder why TiVo never implemented something like an escape or cancel button that just closes everything and dumps you back into whatever was last playing - either a recording or live TV. Especially with the Bolt I am often irritated when I am playing a recorded program and decide to jump into the menus to check on a schedule or whatever - I do this quite a bit because the video window lets me multi-task while keeping track of whatever was playing. But then there is no simple way to go back into the last program playing (paused or not) without a bunch of stupid extra buttons to finally get to the original now playing list and select it again. In those cases, the Gide+Guide trick helps too.
Isn't this exactly what the "zoom" button does? (I'm a Roamio/Mini user, so maybe this doesn't exist on the Bolt?)
V7Goose likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Isn't this exactly what the "zoom" button does? (I'm a Roamio/Mini user, so maybe this doesn't exist on the Bolt?)
KevinG
are you saying that if as watching live TV and i hit STB Menu, is i then hit "zoom" this will bring me back to Live TV?
post #7 of 12 Old 12-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince48 View Post
KevinG
are you saying that if as watching live TV and i hit STB Menu, is i then hit "zoom" this will bring me back to Live TV?
Well, I'm talking about the TiVo remote in this case, not the LG remote. But, yes, I believe the "zoom" button on the TiVo remote does what @V7Goose was asking for...
V7Goose likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love the Magic remote but it does not seem to work well work/intuitively with Tivo but I am still new to the Magic remote. Looking for more info (now)
post #9 of 12 Old 12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Anyone using the Magic Remote with a Tivo Mini?

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #10 of 12 Old 12-10-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
Well, I'm talking about the TiVo remote in this case, not the LG remote. But, yes, I believe the "zoom" button on the TiVo remote does what @V7Goose was asking for...
Thank you for this very useful information - I have tested it, and it does exactly as you describe: Hitting zoom while in any TiVo menu returns the screen to whatever program was last playing, either live TV or a recording.

It does not do this on my older S3 boxes, but I never had an issue with this on those TiVos because the S3 menu structure is so much better than the new Bolt (and without the video window to let me monitor the current program, I rarely jump into the menus while watching something on those boxes). I see absolutely no logic why the zoom button would work like this on the new machines, but it is great to know!
post #11 of 12 Old 12-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I see absolutely no logic why the zoom button would work like this on the new machines, but it is great to know!
I think the idea is that you are "zooming" into the mini-display in the upper right corner. At least, that's the mnemonic I use to memorize the feature. :-)
post #12 of 12 Old 12-29-2017, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up a 65" B7 and am disappointed that the Magic Remote / TiVo Remotes do not play as nicely with each other as my old Panasonic g25.

Has there been any progress on this front at all in the past year or so? This is still the top search result for this topic on Google.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page