Are LG OLED screen burn-ins permanent? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 12-22-2016, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Are LG OLED screen burn-ins permanent?

I want to buy an LD OLED but I heard that the TV can get screen burn-ins. Are screen burn-ins guaranteed to happen or does it just happen sometimes? How can you fix the screen burn-ins?
Darth09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 Old 12-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dick Emery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
If it's burn in then it's permanent. If it's image retention it's temporary. Please learn the difference. It is VERY VERY VERY hard to get burn in on the latest OLED's. You can play for hours on these or watch channels with logos and tickers for ages. You may get temporary image retention but it usually goes away with varied content and a few overnight cycles. Just don't leave it showing the same thing for days on end in torch mode and you are good to go.

Buy with confidence.
Dick Emery is offline  
post #3 of 38 Old 12-22-2016, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4902
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Whatever - Samsung is realizing that LCD sucks as a TV technology. Alls they care about is Brightness and Curved nonsense. OLED absolutely destroys LCD in picture quality. Q dot, S dot, This dot, that dot. Errrr..... Ummmm......

Ill just keep soaking up my infinite contrast, perfect blacks and wide viewing angles. OLED - For the WIN!
I agree with you. I think 2016 was the year that LG WOLED TV 'crossed the chasm' and is now here to stay.

Samsung's realized it as well and hence the machinations and marketing FUD to try to recover technology leadership a decade from now...

Anytime you hear anything about 'fragility' 'lifetime' 'image retention' or 'burn in' about OLED, you know exactly who is behind it .

Interesting to see Samsung include 'high cost' in their array of attacks against OLED - I guess none of their marketing gurus were in the market for a new 65" or 55" this Holiday a Season ;!.

Last edited by fafrd; 12-22-2016 at 04:50 PM.
fafrd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
I agree with you. I think 2016 was the year that LG WOLED TV 'crossed the chasm' and is now here to stay.

Samsung's realized it as well and hence the machinations and marketing FUD to try to recover technology leadership a decade from now...

Anytime you hear anything about 'fragility' 'lifetime' 'image retention' or 'burn in' about OLED, you know exactly who is behind it .

Interesting to see Samsung include 'high cost' in their array of attacks against OLED - I guess none of their marketing gurus were in the market for a new 65" or 55" this Holiday a Season ;!.
Right? High cost? Exactly....Samsung TVs are way too expensive for what you actually get. They are the stingiest with FALD and to get any of the truly desirable features and PQ enhancements on any of their TVs you have to buy the high end ones. Once you factor that in you'll find that the LG OLEDs and various other LCDs from other mfgers are priced much better or at least in the same ball park.

The good news is that unlike last time this happened with plasma and people fell for the BS, I don't believe they will this time. Walk into the store. Look at the OLED TVs. That's all it takes to realize that they are something special.

fafrd likes this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #5 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dick Emery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Once Sony reenters the OLED arena (especially if they offer competitive pricing). Samsung will be on the ropes. Sony literally offer one of the best motion processing engines out there. Panasonic are not far behind either. They just need to produce a more affordable model.
RoadLizard likes this.
Dick Emery is offline  
post #6 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
Once Sony reenters the OLED arena (especially if they offer competitive pricing). Samsung will be on the ropes. Sony literally offer one of the best motion processing engines out there. Panasonic are not far behind either. They just need to produce a more affordable model.
Agreed - a few more OLED players is all we need to keep this ball rolling. LCDs will always have a place in the market but IMO it is for low-end applications. I expect most home Video systems will be based on OLEDs or projectors.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #7 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Member
 
tanis38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I have been using my B6 daily for 2 months now and I haven't encountered even one instance of screen retention, much less burn in. I mainly use it for gaming, which can have some static HUD elements up for a long time. Still no image retention.


Unless you are displaying a static image, on torch mode, for 12 hours a day, everyday, for weeks on end, there are no burn-in issues to worry about.
fafrd and obonillaf like this.
tanis38 is offline  
post #8 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,638
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4303 Post(s)
Liked: 3733
Samsung will be on the ropes? I don't think that's happening any time too soon unfortunately. Their marketing arm is too strong, as is their market share...if anything will be their undoing, it's their carelessness about QC over basic safety.
video_analysis is offline  
post #9 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
If it's burn in then it's permanent. If it's image retention it's temporary. Please learn the difference. It is VERY VERY VERY hard to get burn in on the latest OLED's. You can play for hours on these or watch channels with logos and tickers for ages. You may get temporary image retention but it usually goes away with varied content and a few overnight cycles. Just don't leave it showing the same thing for days on end in torch mode and you are good to go.

Buy with confidence.
I'm planning on buying an LG OLED around 4000$-5000$. Is it worth it? Do you own an LG OLED? How much did you pay for yours? So the screen burn-ins don's happen as often as the older models? Can Geek Squad at Best Buy fix the screen burn-ins or are they impossible to fix? Give me 5 good reasons why the LG OLED is better than the Samsung SUHD. Thanks and get back to me.
Darth09 is offline  
post #10 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dick Emery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
I'm planning on buying an LG OLED around 4000$-5000$. Is it worth it? Do you own an LG OLED? How much did you pay for yours? So the screen burn-ins don's happen as often as the older models? Can Geek Squad at Best Buy fix the screen burn-ins or are they impossible to fix? Give me 5 good reasons why the LG OLED is better than the Samsung SUHD. Thanks and get back to me.
That's what the search is for my friend. Only you can decide what is best for your needs.
Dick Emery is offline  
post #11 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wuther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,452
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 209
The OP is either clueless or a FUD poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Emery View Post
Once Sony reenters the OLED arena (especially if they offer competitive pricing). Samsung will be on the ropes. Sony literally offer one of the best motion processing engines out there. Panasonic are not far behind either. They just need to produce a more affordable model.
Reenters with a LG OLED panel that is.
wuther is offline  
post #12 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuther View Post
The OP is either clueless or a FUD poster.



Reenters with a LG OLED panel that is.
But in your opinion, what is the better technology, OLED or SUHD?
Darth09 is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
I'm planning on buying an LG OLED around 4000$-5000$.
Why spend so much?

Quote:
Is it worth it?
In general, yes, but at that pricing, I'm less sure.

Quote:
Do you own an LG OLED? How much did you pay for yours?
Yes. I paid $2475 for a 65C6P and then recieved $475 in price protection from my credit card company for a net price of $2000

Quote:
So the screen burn-ins don's happen as often as the older models?
No. I've owned total of 9 OLEDs over 2 years and never once noticed any evidence of burn-in.

Quote:
Can Geek Squad at Best Buy fix the screen burn-ins or are they impossible to fix?
True burn-in can never be fixed by anyone, but it is a non-issue on 2016 LG OLEDs...

Quote:
Give me 5 good reasons why the LG OLED is better than the Samsung SUHD. Thanks and get back to me.
1. If you watch in the dark, the blacks will literally knock your socks off

2. If you watch in the dark, a properly-calibrated OLED will display levels of shadow detail you never before knew existed (watching TRON II was like watching a new movie )

3. You will get a true 'floating image' with totally invisible letterbox bars.

4. Off-angle viewing, even from far off-angle will be as saturated and colorful as straight-on viewing.

5. 3D on a 4K LG OLED is like no 3D you have ever experienced before. 3D the way it was originally intended to be .
BBruin66 and obonillaf like this.
fafrd is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Why spend so much?

In general, yes, but at that pricing, I'm less sure.


Yes. I paid $2475 for a 65C6P and then recieved $475 in price protection from my credit card company for a net price of $2000


No. I've owned total of 9 OLEDs over 2 years and never once noticed any evidence of burn-in.


True burn-in can never be fixed by anyone, but it is a non-issue on 2016 LG OLEDs...



1. If you watch in the dark, the blacks will literally knock your socks off

2. If you watch in the dark, a properly-calibrated OLED will display levels of shadow detail you never before knew existed (watching TRON II was like watching a new movie )

3. You will get a true 'floating image' with totally invisible letterbox bars.

4. Off-angle viewing, even from far off-angle will be as saturated and colorful as straight-on viewing.

5. 3D on a 4K LG OLED is like no 3D you have ever experienced before. 3D the way it was originally intended to be .
Ok thanks for the information. What about the colors and sharpness? Does OLED have good colors and sharpness too or is it only known to have good blacks and contrast?
Darth09 is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
Ok thanks for the information. What about the colors and sharpness? Does OLED have good colors and sharpness too or is it only known to have good blacks and contrast?
Fantastic colors and sharpness, but similar to the Samsung SUHD TVs. So while I would not say either color or brightness are a weakness of OLED in any way, I also would not say they are among the top 5 areas where OLED outperforms SUHD...
fafrd is offline  
post #16 of 38 Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fanboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
But in your opinion, what is the better technology, OLED or SUHD?
SHUD isn't a technology.
Its Samsung speak for LED garbage.

LG OLED65B6P. Klipsch: RF82, RC62, RS52, RB61, RP-140SA. SVS PB-U13. Denon 6300H. Oppo 103D. Oppo UPD 203.
Fanboyz is offline  
post #17 of 38 Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,329
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
SHUD isn't a technology.
Its Samsung speak for LED garbage.
Yeah, it's just like calling a plasma a "super plasma" or whatever. It's made up to sell TVs.
afelcandy likes this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
LG UBK-90, Samsung UBD-8500K
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #18 of 38 Old 12-24-2016, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hayward, Collie-fornia USA
Posts: 4,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
The Samsung marketing machine is ramping-up the 'plasma-like fragility of OLED' campaign
What is so ironic about such a campaign is that all of Samsung's Galaxy cell phones have "AMOLED" screens on them. Notice the last four letters of that acronym. When I went to buy my first Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone on display had... screen burn-in! (Or, maybe it was "image retention"; how would I know the difference?) Of course, that was probably an extreme example, since the phone is on all day, in "demo mode" probably at high contrast/brightness, but it did show that screen effects were possible-on a Samsung display.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

ChrisW6ATV is offline  
post #19 of 38 Old 12-24-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,437
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3852 Post(s)
Liked: 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
What is so ironic about such a campaign is that all of Samsung's Galaxy cell phones have "AMOLED" screens on them. Notice the last four letters of that acronym. When I went to buy my first Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone on display had... screen burn-in! (Or, maybe it was "image retention"; how would I know the difference?) Of course, that was probably an extreme example, since the phone is on all day, in "demo mode" probably at high contrast/brightness, but it did show that screen effects were possible-on a Samsung display.
Phones don't run compensation cycles, LG panels are WOLED. Not even a valid comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is offline  
post #20 of 38 Old 12-24-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4902
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Phones don't run compensation cycles, LG panels are WOLED. Not even a valid comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
More importantly, phones are always on and displaying the same static image for 99.9% of that time...

No comparison with TVs.
chunon and afelcandy like this.
fafrd is offline  
post #21 of 38 Old 12-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
3 posts - odds are he's a Samsung shill .

The Samsung marketing machine is ramping-up the 'plasma-like fragility of OLED' campaign:

http://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?no=875523&year=2016

"OLED which does not require backlight meet the demands for thinner and flexible displays. It guarantees excellent contrast, essential for a good picture, but remains tricky to manufacture which explains the costly cost. Plus it can create an annoying burn-in effect and does not have a long lifespan. "


http://english.etnews.com/2016052420...ff&ctp=article

"Because OLED has weaknesses such as age, burn-in phenomenon, and high manufacturing unit cost, it has decided to pass on responding towards OLED directly."

https://hdguru.com/report-samsung-pl...play-strategy/

"According to the story, Samsung is working on a ?medium to long-term roadmap for next-generation TVs? that calls for Samsung moving beyond OLED display technology directly to the newer QLED approach. The technology will use self-emissive panels, like OLED displays, but will remove organic substances that can lead to premature aging and other issues."

It's a full-blown misinformation campaign designed to slow OLED down before the train has left the station.

And it is utter, complete, nonsense (FUD). These OLED TVs are the best TVs ever manufactured, they have no issues with burn-in or image retention, and ever since LG succeeded to undercut the best Samsung SUHD TVs on price, Samsung is getting worried
Whatever - Samsung is realizing that LCD sucks as a TV technology. Alls they care about is Brightness and Curved nonsense. OLED absolutely destroys LCD in picture quality. Q dot, S dot, This dot, that dot. Errrr..... Ummmm......

Ill just keep soaking up my infinite contrast, perfect blacks and wide viewing angles. OLED - For the WIN!

lol I love this response! After having 2 plasmas (which I love) and several years of LCD I finally decided the time was right to jump on the OLED train and I couldn't be happier. I play a lot of games and besides occasional image retention which goes away within a few minutes, everything has been great. The image retention is nothing to be worried about and is normal for OLED. It's burn-in you have to worry about and in my experience there's not even a hint of it. All the burn-in propaganda from Samsung and a few others was scaring me away from OLED , but after doing a ton of research I found out it's really not a problem anymore unless you put white lettering or logos on the screen in torch mode for hours on end. Who the hell does that? I'm glad I came to my senses and bought the OLED. Best tv I've ever owned by a mile! I find myself watching more movies and playing more games just because the picture is so beautiful.
maxden80 is offline  
post #22 of 38 Old 12-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Member
 
ramsey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
3 posts - odds are he's a Samsung shill .

The Samsung marketing machine is ramping-up the 'plasma-like fragility of OLED' campaign:

http://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?no=875523&year=2016

"OLED which does not require backlight meet the demands for thinner and flexible displays. It guarantees excellent contrast, essential for a good picture, but remains tricky to manufacture which explains the costly cost. Plus it can create an annoying burn-in effect and does not have a long lifespan. "


http://english.etnews.com/2016052420...ff&ctp=article

"Because OLED has weaknesses such as age, burn-in phenomenon, and high manufacturing unit cost, it has decided to pass on responding towards OLED directly."

https://hdguru.com/report-samsung-pl...play-strategy/

"According to the story, Samsung is working on a “medium to long-term roadmap for next-generation TVs” that calls for Samsung moving beyond OLED display technology directly to the newer QLED approach. The technology will use self-emissive panels, like OLED displays, but will remove organic substances that can lead to premature aging and other issues."

It's a full-blown misinformation campaign designed to slow OLED down before the train has left the station.

And it is utter, complete, nonsense (FUD). These OLED TVs are the best TVs ever manufactured, they have no issues with burn-in or image retention, and ever since LG succeeded to undercut the best Samsung SUHD TVs on price, Samsung is getting worried
Sadly, add AVS reviewers to this list...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/94-hom...er-gaming.html
ramsey415 is offline  
post #23 of 38 Old 12-27-2016, 05:30 PM
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maybe ⅓ of the way from here to there.
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
More importantly, phones are always on and displaying the same static image for 99.9% of that time...

No comparison with TVs.
Actually, I'd rephrase this. Phones are not designed (nor do they have the charter) to be always on. They are meant to be bright enough to use even outside, and for short durations. Yes, you can use one to look things up for hours on end, but not the way a TV is designed to endure.

But even more than that: Their technology is almost certainly going to have different issues entirely regarding IR/BI than LG's. LG is using full "sheets" of OLED material that are only discretely organized into subpixels because of the stack electronics involved. Samsung's OLED material is in every way discretely organized. No one has any clue if a "compensation cycle" would even apply to or work on Samsung equipment.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #24 of 38 Old 12-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
raif71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I too am looking at an OLED atm, however can someone here comment on the motion aspect for example watching action movies and sports (ie soccer). I heard from some that motion wise there are issues compared to normal LED tvs. Thanks.
raif71 is offline  
post #25 of 38 Old 12-28-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Foxbat121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 11,891
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 502
OLED panel itself has far superior motion than the LCD/LED. It is the video process engine of LG that is lacking.
Foxbat121 is offline  
post #26 of 38 Old 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,716
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6754 Post(s)
Liked: 6752
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #27 of 38 Old 09-18-2017, 07:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I realised how easy it is for fanboys to defend their expensive purchase to death just like how apple fanboy defend IPS LCD on their iphone against the super AMOLED display on cheaper Sammy phone.
mooseolly is offline  
post #28 of 38 Old 09-18-2017, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseolly View Post
I realised how easy it is for fanboys to defend their expensive purchase to death just like how apple fanboy defend IPS LCD on their iphone against the super AMOLED display on cheaper Sammy phone.
Yeah, some old, inaccurate information in this thread. We've learned a lot since those posts in December. Such is the way of science, though. When new data comes in, one must re-evaluate and reassess.

LG OLED65B6P
no1special is offline  
post #29 of 38 Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've got a B7 and noticed the occassional motion issue whilst watching TV or football, True Motion on mine is set to User and De Judder at 10.

It's not bad enough to annoy me though.
Karnivore is offline  
post #30 of 38 Old 01-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So My LG Oled 65E6Bp was Manufactured in March, 2017. I don't game, I have the screen saver set up and I don't watch at high brightness. I started noticing the black area approx 3" x 8" on Youtube's RED Menu screen, then 2 days later I gasped as I seen it everywhere, in Green on other backgrounds. I included 2 photo uploads with "The Kingsman, Golden circle paused in 4K UHD version.
I'd appreciate if someone can shed some light wether this is Burn out or dead pixels. It hasn't dissipated at all since I noticed it

Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0198.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	2352600   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0199.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2352602  
Karambit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off