How to fix: "Burn in" keeps coming back after compensation cycle on LG OLED - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-04-2017, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How to fix: "Burn in" keeps coming back after compensation cycle on LG OLED

I've had my LG 55EA8800 for two years now, and one thing that really bothers me is what happens with the screen compensation cycle. About every 5th time (ish) it does the compensation cycle, I get "burn in". Basically it shows my volume circle on the screen and a dark "bar" across the bottom. It looks like part of the playback UI when I play movies off of a flash drive. This "burn in" does not go away until the next screen compensation cycle. And then it always comes back after enough compensation cycles. How do I get it to go away for good? The fact that it goes away makes me think that it can be solved, even if it is burn in. I noticed this literally within the first few times it did the compensation, so with only a few hours of use logged on the TV (according to the settings on the TV). Do I need to reset my TV to factory default or something? I attached pictures for people if they were curious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022 (2).JPG
Views:	244
Size:	617.7 KB
ID:	1873241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4021 (2).JPG
Views:	239
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	1873249  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement