Sony A1E 4K HDR OLED TV Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14423Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3151 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
@Al Leong do you prefer a1 upscale to the player?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3152 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
jphillips63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Whom here are actual A1E owners? It appears half the people here discussing this TV and offering set up advice doesn't appear to actually own the TV. So why are you guys here if this is the owners thread and why are you giving advice on a TV you don't even own?
wasima and BertL like this.

Last edited by jphillips63; 05-07-2017 at 12:53 PM.
jphillips63 is online now  
post #3153 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
leftyguitar1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
Whom here are actual A1E owners? It appears half the people here discussing this TV and offering sent up advice doesn't appear to actually own the TV. So why are you guys here if this is the owners thread and wh are you giving advice on a TV you don't even own?
I own the 55A1E. Unfortunately, there are a few non-owners trolling in this thread. Moderators can only do so much.
jphillips63 and wasima like this.
leftyguitar1963 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3154 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CHASLS2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa FL area
Posts: 3,147
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
Whom here are actual A1E owners? It appears half the people here discussing this TV and offering sent up advice doesn't appear to actually own the TV. So why are you guys here if this is the owners thread and wh are you giving advice on a TV you don't even own?
Not many. I have yet to even see one. Would love to take one of my 5 BD players and a one of my SPACE1999 BD's and see what the 55" Sony can do. See if it really can blow my 60vt60 away.

Sony 65" A1E Pioneer Elite DV-59 AVI
OPPO203,103&83 Sony BD player
Pioneer Elite SC61 AVR Acurus 200x 3
Paradigm 60V5'S 490 CC V5
B&W 685 S2's 2 SVS subs
CHASLS2 is offline  
post #3155 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
I trust the OPPO upscaling.. I've lived with it so long with the 103/105 and they were so good that 1080p discs looked better to me than the 4K discs in the K8500 player.



I have to observe the A1 upscale on a BD with the Source Direct on.


Would you mind trying the a1e vs the oppo upscaling for me? When you have a chance


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
post #3156 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 02:05 PM
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavil View Post
Ordered this today. Will be getting my A1e from VE in a few days. This mount says it will hold up to a 65" and 150lbs. The only negative reviews said that the stand was too heavy. That is a good thing imo



https://www.wayfair.com/Crimson-AV-S...s-VAW1197.html
Beavil, I've been looking for a proven stand solution to negate the tilt. Please keep me posted on your experience with the setup. Some photos would be VERY much appreciated when you have the chance. Ive been holding off on the A1E purchase until I know of an acceptable proven solution. I was thinking that perhaps you don't need to use the extra weight that attaches to the bottom of the tilt stand. THANKS!
Spizz and beavil like this.
KB47 is offline  
post #3157 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 02:21 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
Ok, I will do the Avatar BD a bit later.
monsters inc is a good torture test for upscaling. Here's a comparison of various upscaling methods used by madvr



Most competent upscalers are going to use something similar to jinc. Lanczos3 is basically free for modern chipsets as well, any player that is worse than that is basically a POS
Spizz and Al Leong like this.
10k is offline  
post #3158 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
monsters inc is a good torture test for upscaling. Here's a comparison of various upscaling methods used by madvr







Most competent upscalers are going to use something similar to jinc. Lanczos3 is basically free for modern chipsets as well, any player that is worse than that is basically a POS


Interesting. So if it were you would you let the xbox or oppo do upscaling vs a1e Xtreme processor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
post #3159 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 02:52 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
Ok...

I looked at Avatar Extended Edition disc, chapter 7.

I first tried the OPPO in Custom UHD 24f and looked, then

I placed the OPPO in Custom video mode and 1080p as the resolution and looked with the A1 upscale, then

Placed the OPPO back in Custom UHD 24f and looked at the OPPO upscale again:

The OPPO upscale is presenting a more detailed result with nuances down to facial and skin pores more visible than a slightly smoother result with the A1 upscale.

A non-critical viewer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

To people like us, it will be easily visible.

I don't like the A1 needing to use an additional CPU process to upscale that can potentially take away from its other image processes.. which I can tell was likely happening with slight smoothness patches in the image on the upscale I noticed not present with the OPPO upscale.
did you have "reality creation" on? I wonder what level of reality creation would correspond to the sharpness/detail of the oppo, if any.
10k is offline  
post #3160 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavil View Post
Ordered this today. Will be getting my A1e from VE in a few days. This mount says it will hold up to a 65" and 150lbs. The only negative reviews said that the stand was too heavy. That is a good thing imo



https://www.wayfair.com/Crimson-AV-S...s-VAW1197.html
Beavil, I've been looking for a proven stand solution to negate the tilt. Please keep me posted on your experience with the setup. Some photos would be VERY much appreciated when you have the chance. Ive been holding off on the A1E purchase until I know of an acceptable proven solution. I was thinking that perhaps you don't need to use the extra weight that attaches to the bottom of the tilt stand. THANKS!
Since my A1E is "encased" on an entertainment center the "tilt" doesn't bother me when the TV is off. When the TV is on I don't noticed it anymore after a week of use.
Locotl is offline  
post #3161 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Sony A1E 4K HDR OLED TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
No RC..


You could try it with that. That's the upscale enhancement the a1e is supposed to be amazing at.


I think if it is set to auto it will turn on for 1080 source

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
post #3162 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Taken right out of the box with a Galaxy S6 on automatic settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banding.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	2123377  
Spizz, 10k and Al Leong like this.
Interpolation is offline  
post #3163 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:24 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Taken right out of the box with a Galaxy S6 on automatic settings.
Looks pretty good for 0hrs.
Give it about 12 hrs and a handful of compensation cycles and you'll have a decent idea of which direction its headed in.

If you don't see those vertical bands in Arrival or the opening bedroom scene in Interstellar you are golden.
Interpolation likes this.
10k is offline  
post #3164 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VidPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,433
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1472 Post(s)
Liked: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Taken right out of the box with a Galaxy S6 on automatic settings.
Nice and no vignette! Bet that'll look fine after some hours collected.
10k and Interpolation like this.

The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.
Sony XBR-65A1E OLED/Denon X4300H/Oppo 203/Klipsch RVX‑42/PS4 Pro/Xbox One X/5.1.2
VidPro is offline  
post #3165 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,094
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7299 Post(s)
Liked: 8111
Quote:
Originally Posted by popyang45 View Post
No, I got you right from the start!!!
and yet I answered you
And yet you were wrong.
kittycarole likes this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #3166 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Callsign_Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 373
One thing that bothers me about my A1E is ABL seems to be on always. Even with brightness set to minimum, ABL is very noticeable.
Callsign_Vega is offline  
post #3167 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
leftyguitar1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Can they address this overactive ABL in a future f/w update?
leftyguitar1963 is offline  
post #3168 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Martelli View Post
Interesting. So if it were you would you let the xbox or oppo do upscaling vs a1e Xtreme processor?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not as into specs and technical intracies as much as some (I prefer watching content, not looking for video problems after I get my display mostly dialed-in), and don't have the wide experience with as many products as some others do, but FWIW, my more simplistic POV after using my UDP-203, Denon AVR-X4300H, and A1E to upscale things like my 780 & 1080i DirecTV, Apple TV 1080p, very old B&W 480i DVDs, and 1080p DVD:

My OPPO does a super-fantastic job, but with my AVR at the center of my component universe (1 HDMI to my A1E) and my desire to KISS when I can, I'm letting my A1E handle most upscaling (it's really good, but maybe not always THE best if I look really close), with two notable exceptions:
  • if I am going to watch Live sports (DirecTV, generally 1080i) for an extended period, my AVR does a superior job upscaling. It is a lot better dealing with the graphics overlays than the A1E which generally creates more artifacts around those areas. ...but OTOH just to show how minor this is, I watched golf for several hours today with my A1E doing the upscaling, and it didn't bother me -- I doubt it would most people that are not frequenting AVForums looking for things to improve. In fact, family that dropped over for a short while, had nothing but praise for the quality of my New TV and the golf tournament that was on the whole time.
  • hands down, my OPPO will do the upscaling of my few old 480i DVDs. It's superior to the Denon and A1E in this case, every time.
Given my tests in the past week since delivery of my A1E, attempting to get back to just enjoying my AV Setup vs testing and tweaking variations multiple times each day -- if I set up a 2nd A1E today without another Denon AVR in the middle of things, I'd still let my A1E handle upscaling the vast majority of the time. It's subjective of course, so other POV will likely vary.

My post a few days ago on this may provide additional detail on my POV as well: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post52635473
mikey94025 and Dhalmo like this.
BertL is offline  
post #3169 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:00 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post
One thing that bothers me about my A1E is ABL seems to be on always. Even with brightness set to minimum, ABL is very noticeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post
Can they address this overactive ABL in a future f/w update?
No, its a heat and power consumption issue. If Energy Star was thrown out the window and you didnt mind some fan noise coming out of your TV then ABL could probably be reduced significantly.

On older OLED people experimented with combinations of high OLED light/low contrast vs low OLED light/High contrast to try and combat ABL.

Here is a simple test video you can use if you want to try to limit ABL
10k is offline  
post #3170 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
No, its a heat and power consumption issue. If Energy Star was thrown out the window and you didnt mind some fan noise coming out of your TV then ABL could probably be reduced significantly.

On older OLED people experimented with combinations of high OLED light/low contrast vs low OLED light/High contrast to try and combat ABL.

Here is a simple test video you can use if you want to try to limit ABL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai2rfbm1nWA


LG modified the ABL circuit in this years models no reason Sony can't do that in future models. I think that accounts for the brightness difference reviewers have noticed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10k likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #3171 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertL View Post
I'm not as into specs and technical intracies as much as some (I prefer watching content, not looking for video problems after I get my display mostly dialed-in), and don't have the wide experience with as many products as some others do, but FWIW, my more simplistic POV after using my UDP-203, Denon AVR-X4300H, and A1E to upscale things like my 780 & 1080i DirecTV, Apple TV 1080p, very old B&W 480i DVDs, and 1080p DVD:



My OPPO does a super-fantastic job, but with my AVR at the center of my component universe (1 HDMI to my A1E) and my desire to KISS when I can, I'm letting my A1E handle most upscaling (it's really good, but maybe not always THE best if I look really close), with two notable exceptions:
  • if I am going to watch Live sports (DirecTV, generally 1080i) for an extended period, my AVR does a superior job upscaling. It is a lot better dealing with the graphics overlays than the A1E which generally creates more artifacts around those areas. ...but OTOH just to show how minor this is, I watched golf for several hours today with my A1E doing the upscaling, and it didn't bother me -- I doubt it would most people that are not frequenting AVForums looking for things to improve. In fact, family that dropped over for a short while, had nothing but praise for the quality of my New TV and the golf tournament that was on the whole time.
  • hands down, my OPPO will do the upscaling of my few old 480i DVDs. It's superior to the Denon and A1E in this case, every time.


Given my tests in the past week since delivery of my A1E, attempting to get back to just enjoying my AV Setup vs testing and tweaking variations multiple times each day -- if I set up a 2nd A1E today without another Denon AVR in the middle of things, I'd still let my A1E handle upscaling the vast majority of the time. It's subjective of course, so other POV will likely vary.



My post a few days ago on this may provide additional detail on my POV as well: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ole...l#post52635473


Awesome post. Thanks man. Yeah I'll be letting the a1e handle the cable box. Just wasn't sure about Blu ray at 1080p. Thanks again


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BertL likes this.

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
post #3172 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:27 PM
10k
AVS Forum Special Member
 
10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,414
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2379
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
LG modified the ABL circuit in this years models no reason Sony can't do that in future models. I think that accounts for the brightness difference reviewers have noticed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
could be. Lg definitely improved abl but it's still there. Fortunately most movies are in the 15-25% apl range so it really shouldn't be too much of an issue except for use as a pc monitor.


10k is offline  
post #3173 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Leong View Post
I tried it with RC on 50 and though I can see the processing happening.. its still not as definite as the OPPO upscaling.. Then I made the OPPO upscale.. with the RC on 50 with Avatar makes no sense how outstanding it looks.


Can't wait to try. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
Nick Martelli is offline  
post #3174 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
could be. Lg definitely improved abl but it's still there. Fortunately most movies are in the 15-25% apl range so it really shouldn't be too much of an issue except for use as a pc monitor.







it's not very prominent on my 2016. Agree nothing like plasma ABL.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10k likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #3175 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Member
 
RJDCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I watched Batman vs superman and a lit bit of planet earth and is hard for me to imagine what is next after this. The picture is perfect in 4k with color similar to my plasma and no noise in the picture. Planet earth 2 is perfect in the Sony 65A1E. Also motion is so smooth, I think is smoother than my plasma tv.
RJDCP is offline  
post #3176 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Member
 
RJDCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The sound is so amazing, I was planning to get a sound bar but with that sound I
don't need it.
RJDCP is offline  
post #3177 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,501
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Taken right out of the box with a Galaxy S6 on automatic settings.
Looking good for new panel. 55" or 65" size?
Interpolation likes this.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #3178 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,501
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2204 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post
One thing that bothers me about my A1E is ABL seems to be on always. Even with brightness set to minimum, ABL is very noticeable.
Brightness doesn't control ABL on the Sony. You need to disable XDR.
On the C7, it's a combination of OLED Light (0-40 range) and contrast (<= 85) to disable ABL.
10k, Dhalmo and fatallerror like this.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #3179 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Callsign_Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10k View Post
could be. Lg definitely improved abl but it's still there. Fortunately most movies are in the 15-25% apl range so it really shouldn't be too much of an issue except for use as a pc monitor.


Ya that is the problem I am seeing for computer use. Even at minimum brightness and XDR off, it ABLs. Come on Sony, is that really necessary?
Callsign_Vega is offline  
post #3180 of 8123 Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 4,175
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 78
i am highly considering the 65 version of the A1E as my next TV, Why are you guys picking this over the LG G7?
i personally own the LG OLED EC9300 from 2 years ago, the motion processing and smoothness left alot to be desired on that set but the black levels and contrast is incredible but its time for me to upgrade to 4k and im going to need a new TV very soon so i need to decide if i go with LG once again or if i should go with a Sony.
lamonsasa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
settings

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off