2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1018 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980220Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #30511 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,292
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekzapoppin View Post
Help! ARC on my C7 suddenly stopped working after the firmware update. All the settings seem right, but it simply doesn't work any more. Won't turn on my receiver, no sound, nothing. Any ideas? Do I need to revert back to the previous software? Is that even possible? I have an Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver.
Turn off the AVR and TV and unplug both of them from the mains for a couple of minutes. Then plug them back in and turn on the TV and AVR. If this does not work try a few variations, e.g., turning on the AVR first or plugging in one of the devices after the first one has been turned on. You could also try a different hdmi cable.
geekzapoppin likes this.
BPlayer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30512 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
Not sure if you noticed, but that's the same link that Chris Hansen first posted.

Did anyone bother to click on the link the first time? I did, and I thought for sure there would have been a bunch of comments here about the reasoning given for removing the film. In particular, this point about what might happen if the films weren't removed: "Improper heat dissipation while panel works and resulting to panel defect immediately." (This all appears in the India version of the site, which explains the wonky English.)

Really? I'm not sure how many people actually believe that's an issue, but I guess that's a "LG's covering its butt" thingy in case the highly unlikely (practically impossible?) occurs.

I also didn't notice that there was a film on the upper back of the screen until maybe a month or two ago, then promptly forgot about it. Better safe than sorry--I'll remove it now to avert a zombie apocalypse.

I still question whether that LG link regarding back side film removal applies to the OLED 7 series or later.
  • That link goes to LG's India site. There is no US version of that information.
  • The web page says the information was last updated 2/9/2017. That's before the 7 series was released.
  • The pictures on the webpage show labels on the film that instruct to remove. The 7 series (and later) do not have such labels on the film.
  • The web page also talks about front side film but there was no front side film to be removed on the 7 series.
  • The web page on the film removal warn of dire results if the film is not removed. LG's 7 series instructions on it's box, packing materials and manual are pretty specific and what would be expected from a sophisticated company that is both trying to manage warranty risk and customer product satisfaction. Yet, there is nothing on the box, packing materials, instructions, manual that tells the 7 series customer (at least in North America) to remove the film.

The flip side is I can't imagine it causing any harm to remove the film as I would expect if the film served some functional/performance purpose then LG would not have made it removable, and would have put a warning label on it like 'do not remove - may cause banding' or 'do not remove - will void warranty'.


It's an interesting issue and mine is still on for now.
Chris Hansen is offline  
post #30513 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Crazytrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 58
The film on the back is there to prevent scratches during shipping and installation. No need to keep it.
Crazytrekker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30514 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 06:31 AM
Senior Member
 
JonnyVee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekzapoppin View Post
Help! ARC on my C7 suddenly stopped working after the firmware update. All the settings seem right, but it simply doesn't work any more. Won't turn on my receiver, no sound, nothing. Any ideas? Do I need to revert back to the previous software? Is that even possible? I have an Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver.
Same thing happened on my Denon x1300. Started working after turning the unit off/on a couple of times and toggling ARC settings.
geekzapoppin likes this.

Rec Room: JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy Rc-Mini - front atmos, SVS PC-2000. Family Room: LG 65B7P OLED, Denon s730H 5.1 - Kef Q500, Q200c, Energy v-mini - surrounds. Calibration Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, Calman Home Enthusiast, trial & error, and a patient wife.
JonnyVee is offline  
post #30515 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I still question whether that LG link regarding back side film removal applies to the OLED 7 series or later.
  • That link goes to LG's India site. There is no US version of that information.
  • The web page says the information was last updated 2/9/2017. That's before the 7 series was released.
  • The pictures on the webpage show labels on the film that instruct to remove. The 7 series (and later) do not have such labels on the film.
  • The web page also talks about front side film but there was no front side film to be removed on the 7 series.
  • The web page on the film removal warn of dire results if the film is not removed. LG's 7 series instructions on it's box, packing materials and manual are pretty specific and what would be expected from a sophisticated company that is both trying to manage warranty risk and customer product satisfaction. Yet, there is nothing on the box, packing materials, instructions, manual that tells the 7 series customer (at least in North America) to remove the film.

The flip side is I can't imagine it causing any harm to remove the film as I would expect if the film served some functional/performance purpose then LG would not have made it removable, and would have put a warning label on it like 'do not remove - may cause banding' or 'do not remove - will void warranty'.


It's an interesting issue and mine is still on for now.
The film serves absolutely no purpose after delivery of the TV and anyone who's removed it can immediately see that it was intended to be removed.
sonoftumble likes this.
robnalex is offline  
post #30516 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 07:15 AM
Senior Member
 
usurpers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 96
LOL and I thought that I over analyzed things...

It's a protective film for shipping, remove it. It is really that simple.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I still question whether that LG link regarding back side film removal applies to the OLED 7 series or later.
  • That link goes to LG's India site. There is no US version of that information.
  • The web page says the information was last updated 2/9/2017. That's before the 7 series was released.
  • The pictures on the webpage show labels on the film that instruct to remove. The 7 series (and later) do not have such labels on the film.
  • The web page also talks about front side film but there was no front side film to be removed on the 7 series.
  • The web page on the film removal warn of dire results if the film is not removed. LG's 7 series instructions on it's box, packing materials and manual are pretty specific and what would be expected from a sophisticated company that is both trying to manage warranty risk and customer product satisfaction. Yet, there is nothing on the box, packing materials, instructions, manual that tells the 7 series customer (at least in North America) to remove the film.

The flip side is I can't imagine it causing any harm to remove the film as I would expect if the film served some functional/performance purpose then LG would not have made it removable, and would have put a warning label on it like 'do not remove - may cause banding' or 'do not remove - will void warranty'.


It's an interesting issue and mine is still on for now.
robnalex, Crazytrekker and Sask HT like this.
usurpers26 is offline  
post #30517 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,722
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Liked: 750
Anyone have a Leo Bognar device to test input lag? On a gaming forum people are claiming that cinema home with everything turned off is pretty decent for input lag.
guitarguy316 is online now  
post #30518 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,071
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekzapoppin View Post
Help! ARC on my C7 suddenly stopped working after the firmware update. All the settings seem right, but it simply doesn't work any more. Won't turn on my receiver, no sound, nothing. Any ideas? Do I need to revert back to the previous software? Is that even possible? I have an Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver.


I had this happen once and I had to power cycle multiple times and unplug cables and plug them back in and eventually it worked again.
geekzapoppin likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #30519 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,071
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by paku View Post
I don't know if the (HDR) image is really converted in that sense since both HDR10 and Dolby Vision use the exact same EOTF/"gamma" function and color gamut, if anything I believe you're getting a cleaner throughput from the disc to the final output with Dolby Vision. In every test I've done the processing has been better and much less prone to banding and blocking artifacts in DV mode, in addition to occasionally lowering the black level (without crushing) and saving some highlight information where it sometimes blows out in active HDR mode.


Do you have any scenes I can check perhaps to show the difference? I can’t say I see it but maybe there are specific scenes that exaggerate it a bit?

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #30520 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
NJPapi1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Anyone have a Leo Bognar device to test input lag? On a gaming forum people are claiming that cinema home with everything turned off is pretty decent for input lag.
easy to tell the input lag is better than 65ms reported by RTINGS outside of game mode but is not near 21ms in game mode. It still feels sluggish in quick timing games like shooters. I predict it is a 35-40ms which is way to high for me
NJPapi1977 is offline  
post #30521 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sonoftumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 3,363
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2688 Post(s)
Liked: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
The film serves absolutely no purpose after delivery of the TV and anyone who's removed it can immediately see that it was intended to be removed.
LOL

I've run into some people who never take the plastic wrap off of anything - even when it starts to bubble and peal by itself. LOL
robnalex, skip61, ataneruo and 4 others like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
sonoftumble is offline  
post #30522 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*Tedesco View Post
Holy crap! I had no idea there was a film on the back. Took me a few minutes to realize even with a flash light right up on it. Now for the front. I've had my B7 LG 65 for 2 weeks now. I don't actually see a film on the front, no sticker, and I can't really see anything. Do every LG OLED come with this film?
There is no film on the front. Don't try peeling anything! You will destroy your panel!
mikek is offline  
post #30523 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Crazytrekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
There is no film on the front. Don't try peeling anything! You will destroy your panel!
There was film on the front of mine!
Crazytrekker is offline  
post #30524 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,001
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6394
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #30525 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 09:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Manuxs1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 383
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Absolutely, in your own truck as well
Here, no one is allowed to touch the tv or the box besides my wife !
Manuxs1806 is offline  
post #30526 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
zinfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
There is no film on the front. Don't try peeling anything! You will destroy your panel!
"See panel destroyed! Film at 11:00..................'
mikek and skeeedunt like this.
zinfella is offline  
post #30527 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
paku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,687
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Do you have any scenes I can check perhaps to show the difference? I can’t say I see it but maybe there are specific scenes that exaggerate it a bit?
I've posted some examples here and here. Also in Blade Runner 2049 (Sony version) the scene around 12:00 has some visible flickering banding in the white sky (especially without active HDR) which is lessened in DV mode.
paku is offline  
post #30528 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeedunt View Post
Peeling off the plastic is easily the best part of buying a new piece of electronics. It also greatly enhances the color and clarity of the brushed aluminum back, and reduces glare to make daytime viewing of the back of your TV more enjoyable.
My kids fight over who gets to peel the plastic off of new electronics. I had to make them share the peeling from the back of my 65
ataneruo and skeeedunt like this.
mikek is offline  
post #30529 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
LOL

I've run into some people who never take the plastic wrap off of anything - even when it starts to bubble and peal by itself. LOL
Indeed. It's called Minnie Pearl Syndrome.

sonoftumble likes this.
robnalex is offline  
post #30530 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobknavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Danbury, CT, USA
Posts: 4,185
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnalex View Post
Indeed. It's called Minnie Pearl Syndrome.

(snip)
For the benefit of younger readers:

Avatar: Gilda Radner, original Saturday Night Live cast member. Shown in character as Emily Litella. (1948-1989)

Minnie Pearl (real name Sarah Cannon), long time member of the Grand Ole Opry. (1912-1996)
skip61, sonoftumble and DrBrFrJr like this.
bobknavs is offline  
post #30531 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
C*Tedesco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
There is no film on the front. Don't try peeling anything! You will destroy your panel!
Ha, yup, figured that out quite quickly thank god.
C*Tedesco is offline  
post #30532 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Christcorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 621
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 239
4K UHD HDCP 2.2 issue and advice

On this forum, my main question is if anyone can tell me what quality I will lose, possibly with audio quality, by hooking up my devices directly to my OLED65B7P and using the hdmi arc to my avr.

Here’s my problem. My avr has 5 hdmi ports, but only 3 of them are hdcp2.2. One of the 3 is it’s arc hdmi that goes to my tv. Currently, I have no problems. But shortly, I had planned on upgrading my blu ray to 4K UHD. That gives me 3 devices that are 4K HDCP 2.2, but I only have 2 HDCP 2.2 available on my avr.

So, I was thinking I could put all 3 devices directly to the OLED65B7P and use the 4th hdmi arc to the avr. All the hdmi in the OLED are 2.2 HDCP. My concern then becomes, will the OLED65B7P pass the Atmos, dtsx, etc. properly to my avr via arc. Or am I screwed with having to come up with an hdmi switch for my 3rd device going through the avr.

Thx mike

.
Michael
LG OLED65B7P, Yamaha 7810, 5.1.2 ATMOS
Philips 7302 BR/DV, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Stick+

Christcorp is offline  
post #30533 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,071
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post
easy to tell the input lag is better than 65ms reported by RTINGS outside of game mode but is not near 21ms in game mode. It still feels sluggish in quick timing games like shooters. I predict it is a 35-40ms which is way to high for me


In game mode it’s faster than my Samsung tv which was 24ms. I can tell because I use my pc on it and the mouse movement is better.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #30534 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobknavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Danbury, CT, USA
Posts: 4,185
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post
On this forum, my main question is if anyone can tell me what quality I will lose, possibly with audio quality, by hooking up my devices directly to my OLED65B7P and using the hdmi arc to my avr.

Here’s my problem. My avr has 5 hdmi ports, but only 3 of them are hdcp2.2. One of the 3 is it’s arc hdmi that goes to my tv. Currently, I have no problems. But shortly, I had planned on upgrading my blu ray to 4K UHD. That gives me 3 devices that are 4K HDCP 2.2, but I only have 2 HDCP 2.2 available on my avr.

So, I was thinking I could put all 3 devices directly to the OLED65B7P and use the 4th hdmi arc to the avr. All the hdmi in the OLED are 2.2 HDCP. My concern then becomes, will the OLED65B7P pass the Atmos, dtsx, etc. properly to my avr via arc. Or am I screwed with having to come up with an hdmi switch for my 3rd device going through the avr.

Thx mike
I believe that ARC can't carry bitstream audio (Atmos, DTS:X). The B7P's ARC does allow Dolby Digital Plus, which can carry Atmos data with lossy encoding. Does your AVR handle that? (What is your AVR?)
lsorensen likes this.
bobknavs is offline  
post #30535 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Guys i noticed that when the screen is black there are some random white flashes twinkles appearing. Any idea what this is? I never noticed them before.
Valkyre is offline  
post #30536 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Senior Member
 
onaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 322
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Guys i have a fun problem in my oled, sending YCbCrb signal to my panel give me massive crushed black and the think its that i am using black low, YCbCrb is always limited range no?

if i send RGB Limited format the tv show a normal image


EDIT: lol!!! if i send RGB 10 Bit HDR in W10 the panels shows a perfect picture, youtube HDR works great and also my VLC player play some HDR movies flawlesss

Last edited by onaga; 06-30-2018 at 02:01 PM.
onaga is offline  
post #30537 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 16,780
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1832 Post(s)
Liked: 3596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
Guys i noticed that when the screen is black there are some random white flashes twinkles appearing. Any idea what this is? I never noticed them before.
Bad HDMI cable?
D-Nice is offline  
post #30538 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,071
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaga View Post
Guys i have a fun problem in my oled, sending YCbCrb signal to my panel give me massive crushed black and the think its that i am using black low, YCbCrb is always limited range no?

if i send RGB Limited format the tv show a normal image


EDIT: lol!!! if i send RGB 10 Bit HDR in W10 the panels shows a perfect picture, youtube HDR works great and also my VLC player play some HDR movies flawlesss
You'll need to check some test patterns to be certain. I leave it on low.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #30539 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cmdrdredd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 7,071
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked: 4519
Quote:
Originally Posted by paku View Post
I've posted some examples here and here. Also in Blade Runner 2049 (Sony version) the scene around 12:00 has some visible flickering banding in the white sky (especially without active HDR) which is lessened in DV mode.
I don't see the banding or artifacts but what I do notice in the Dunkirk scene you mentioned(you also did point it out as well) is that since OLED light is 100 for HDR10 that the vertical banding in the gray backgrounds is more prominent than it is using the convert to dolby vision option. That scene is a mess on my TV using HDR10 if I'm being honest. I don't have the best panel for vertical banding but it's not super distracting in most content. The highlights and colors are just as bright and vibrant using either method to my eyes. I even tried taking pictures to compare and couldn't tell. I guess ignorance is bliss? lol

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
cmdrdredd is offline  
post #30540 of 35868 Old 06-30-2018, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sonoftumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 3,363
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2688 Post(s)
Liked: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christcorp View Post
On this forum, my main question is if anyone can tell me what quality I will lose, possibly with audio quality, by hooking up my devices directly to my OLED65B7P and using the hdmi arc to my avr.

Here’s my problem. My avr has 5 hdmi ports, but only 3 of them are hdcp2.2. One of the 3 is it’s arc hdmi that goes to my tv. Currently, I have no problems. But shortly, I had planned on upgrading my blu ray to 4K UHD. That gives me 3 devices that are 4K HDCP 2.2, but I only have 2 HDCP 2.2 available on my avr.

So, I was thinking I could put all 3 devices directly to the OLED65B7P and use the 4th hdmi arc to the avr. All the hdmi in the OLED are 2.2 HDCP. My concern then becomes, will the OLED65B7P pass the Atmos, dtsx, etc. properly to my avr via arc. Or am I screwed with having to come up with an hdmi switch for my 3rd device going through the avr.

Thx mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
I believe that ARC can't carry bitstream audio (Atmos, DTS:X). The B7P's ARC does allow Dolby Digital Plus, which can carry Atmos data with lossy encoding. Does your AVR handle that? (What is your AVR?)
One other issue that may raise its head is audio sync. With ARC, the video is ahead of the audio which is an "unnatural" occurrence since the audio feed usually arrives to the speakers before the image/frame appears on the screen. The audio sync compensators built into TV's and AVR's are designed to slow down the audio feed which means that you may never get it to match up since with ARC . . . you need to slow down the video feed.

I now have a 4 input x 2 output video distribution switch which fixed all my issues . . . which are very similar to what you are facing now and in the future . . . . and saved me from having to replace an otherwise perfectly good Pioneer Elite AVR: https://www.avproedge.com/ac-mx42-au...to-matrix.html

PM me if you are interested in finding out more about it.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
sonoftumble is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off