2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1056 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980470Likes

post #31651 of 36521 Old 07-27-2018, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeJHooK View Post
Hey everyone, it's been nearly four days now and movies on my VUDU app still are not playing. The app itself loads fine, and I can scroll through the menus, but when it comes to selecting the movies and playing them, after watching the loading/buffering icon for awhile, I get an error message that it cannot play it in UHD quality. So I try to play it in HDX quality, and the same thing repeats.

Is this an LG or VUDU issue? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Same damn issue, i dont think they know how to fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31652 of 36521 Old 07-27-2018, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWilhelm View Post
I bought a MediaLight strip (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHHVL6U - the 140cm version) for my C7 that's on a stand, with the screen about 14.5" away from the wall. Attached the the USB port on the TV, it'll turn on when you power the TV on and shut off on its own when you turn the TV off (and it finishes running any background screen maintenance it might be doing), which is really convenient.

We bought a bias light chiefly to help with eye strain in a dark room. It's not a totally light controlled environment, but it gets plenty dark (enough so that we run the bias light at its dimmest setting). I can 100% say that it helps for that, and we never wince when a moody scene goes to a sun-drenched HDR one. Contrast enhancement via bias lighting isn't really a motivation, since these OLED TVs already have perfect contrast (true black).

As far as aesthetics, I like having a bias light quite a bit. It feels a bit more custom/high-end to me, though that's the completely of personal taste. I have one friend that doesn't care for it at all. You do still get the impression of an image floating in space when you're in a darkened room. Just now it has a bit of a halo around it.

Edit: Forgot to mention where I mounted the strip! It's near the top edge of the white plastic in back that sticks out from the screen. The MediaLight strip has an adhesive back, but it sounds rather permanent. I just attached mine with masking tape, since I want to wall mount the TV once we redo the living room. So far, it's been holding strong. Also, the 140cm strip spans the width of the TV perfectly.
I also have a medialight, are you running on 10% or more?
post #31653 of 36521 Old 07-27-2018, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthfus View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the sound output in the C7 in regards to dialogue?
I have noticed that the dialogue in movies streamed through Netflix or Amazon is often very difficult to hear.

I've tried turning Dolby Atmos on and off, tried using the Magic Sound Tuning in different modes, as well as tried the Smart Sound mode.
Fiddling around with all different combinations of these options it seems that Dolby Atmos off, smart sound off, and magic sound moving treble mode seems to be the best but is still difficult at times to hear dialogue.

This problem persists across multiple movies and TV shows.
I'd rather not have to buy a sound bar just to fix this issue (I recognize overall it would give better sound) so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is any suggested fix?

Thanks

This happens occasionally on my on my Onkyo. I believe it's a matter of the Onkyo not picking up the center channel when the app switches to sending over a 5.1 stream. I have to power off and power on the amp to get it to work sometimes. It's far more common in Amazon's app than Netflix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31654 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 173
so is this the norm or what???? i watched ready player one last night on vudu streaming through my samsung 4k 8500 player. since it appears vudu uhd is now the same price as the other resolutions i always now choose uhd even though i don't think vudu on the player actually passes 4k. so this morning knowing i have time left to watch the movie again i run the vudu app through the tv, and it said hdr 10 and all but it looked way graining, and honestly watching last night on the player looked pretty damn good. is this just the way it is with some streams? is my settings on the lg needing adjusted? poor movie transfer to begin with? or what?...thanks guys...

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....55" Oled Lg C7 55" Samsung B8500 Fald Channel Master Dvr+ Onkyo RZ900 avr Crown xls 2002 2ch amp Samsung K8500 UBR player Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Svs Satellite Surrounds Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub Bluesound Node 2I 2nd zone room: polk lsim 703's
post #31655 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6762 Post(s)
Liked: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by petmic10 View Post
Based on my experience with repair centers, including my current situation, they are useless and clueless and don't give a sh*t about their customers.
Hit or miss situation for sure. In some trade's it is hard to find good, reliable help.......
post #31656 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked: 4552
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post
so is this the norm or what???? i watched ready player one last night on vudu streaming through my samsung 4k 8500 player. since it appears vudu uhd is now the same price as the other resolutions i always now choose uhd even though i don't think vudu on the player actually passes 4k. so this morning knowing i have time left to watch the movie again i run the vudu app through the tv, and it said hdr 10 and all but it looked way graining, and honestly watching last night on the player looked pretty damn good. is this just the way it is with some streams? is my settings on the lg needing adjusted? poor movie transfer to begin with? or what?...thanks guys...

Ready player one was filmed in 35mm so film grain is part of the picture. Maybe you just happen to notice it more the second time. Though if Vudu isn’t sending you the full nitrate it can look more pixelated and not as sharp. That is nothing wrong with your setup but all about the inconsistency of internet streaming at times.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #31657 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG B7/C7 with Apple AirPods - lower volume

Does anybody know how to lower the volume when using the Apple AirPods wireless bluetooth headphones, right know they are on a very high volume?
Normally you change the volume by talking to SIRI which doesn´t work when connected to the LG TV.
Also when using Bluetooth headphones the TV´s remote controller volume button does not control the headphones volume.

Is it possible to make the TV´s remote controller volume button change the Bluetooth headphones volume?

Or any other ideas how I can get the damn volume lower?
post #31658 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I have my gaming pc hooked up to the TV, direct to tv, and input labeled PC. I also have a HDMI cable hooked up to an AVR for ARC functionality. The PC does not allow me to select anything other than "Stereo" to send to the tv. Is there a way to have the tv receive a 5.1 signal from the pc and ARC to the AVR? Is this a Windows issue, or TV issue (maybe the tv cannot received a PCM audio signal)?

Thank you

Pioneer 111FD, Pioneer 4280HD
75" Sony 850D
65" LG B7, LG UBK90

Last edited by robertw11; 07-28-2018 at 03:34 PM.
post #31659 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
I have my gaming pc hooked up to the TV, direct to tv, and input labeled PC. I also have a HDMI cable hooked up to an AVR for ARC functionality. The PC does not allow me to select anything other than "Stereo" to send to the tv. Is there a way to have the tv receive a 5.1 signal from the pc and ARC to the AVR? Is this a Windows issue, or TV issue (maybe the tv cannot received a PCM audio signal)?

Thank you
Maybe if you go to the notification area on the PC and right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback Devices then your TV may show there. Select "Configure" and choose the speaker configuration you want. Hope this helps.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
post #31660 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting82465 View Post
Same damn issue, i dont think they know how to fix
I managed to fix it by doing a power cycle on my set.

LG OLED55C7P | Vizio M65‑E0 | Sony UBP-X700 | Apple TV 4K | Pioneer VSX-1121
post #31661 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Maybe if you go to the notification area on the PC and right click on the speaker icon and click on Playback Devices then your TV may show there. Select "Configure" and choose the speaker configuration you want. Hope this helps.
I did, 5.1/7.1 are greyed out.
post #31662 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentreza View Post
I also have a medialight, are you running on 10% or more?
We have it turned to the lowest brightness level it can go.
post #31663 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Thank you
This is super relevant to my interests. Later on this year I'll be hooking my PC up to my C7 and then optical out to my receiver. Watching with interest to see what you figure out.
post #31664 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Maybe the TV's EDID isn't sending info about supporting more than 2.x? You can grab a program to dump what it's sending your computer and that might show something.

Also, are you using an nVidia or an AMD graphics card?

Edit: One more question: Is your TV hooked up to the receiver and outputting surround properly via ARC already? I've heard that these TVs can fall back to the internal 2.0 speakers pretty easily if things don't handshake properly. Though really, I'd still expect the TV to present itself as supporting 5.x or higher, since it downmixes internally, anyway. Just a thought, though.
post #31665 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Does anyone know how to get this tv to set up a new area for channel programming?
We recently moved to a new area and all our DVR and channel information is all wrong since it’s ser to the location we just moved from.
post #31666 of 36521 Old 07-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Maybe the TV's EDID isn't sending info about supporting more than 2.x? You can grab a program to dump what it's sending your computer and that might show something.

Also, are you using an nVidia or an AMD graphics card?

Edit: One more question: Is your TV hooked up to the receiver and outputting surround properly via ARC already? I've heard that these TVs can fall back to the internal 2.0 speakers pretty easily if things don't handshake properly. Though really, I'd still expect the TV to present itself as supporting 5.x or higher, since it downmixes internally, anyway. Just a thought, though.
Nvidia GTX 1080. I've been using ARC with the internal apps, and getting 5.1 DD+ from the tv to the AVR via HDMI.

It appears as though my tv is not allowing my PC to send it a 5.1 signal to pass through.
post #31667 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Hey guys, I have a real quick, dumb question.

I have set my ATV 4K to 4K SDR | YCbCr | 4:4:4 with range matching ON and frequency matching OFF.

On my C7P, I have set the input where my ATV 4K is connected to HDMI DEEP COLOR ON.

Now, my dumb question is:

Do I set just set the input’s icon to PC or do I also need to leave the input label as PC, in order for it to allow 4:4:4 properly?

Some places say to just change the icon to PC and rename the label to your liking, but other places say that both the icon and the label have to say PC.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JVC DLA-NX7BK / 125" 2.40:1 Stewart StudioTek 100 / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #31668 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 12:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's not very helpful to you.
I don't game but I do have my PC connected to my AVR by HDMI and the AVR is connected to the TV via the ARC channel. I have my PC configured to output stereo BUT when I play multichannel from the PC, including Atmos and DTS:X my AVR plays multi channel correctly. This must be because I have set my media player to bitstream. (I use PotPlayer and set the audio renderer to Built In WASAPI Renderer)
So, is there a way that you can set your gaming PC to bitstream ? Failing that could you try hooking the gaming PC up to the AVR and just have it pass through the video signal to avoid interference with your lag times ?
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

post #31669 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
I have an adhesive-backed LED Light strip (warm white) on the back of my 55B7A, powered by a transformer. If you look at the strip from the back, it would look like an inverted, squared off "U". I had this same light strip on my Panasonic Plasma the LG OLED replaced, so I just peeled it from the old TV and stuck it to the new TV.

Mark
Did you just stick it over the flat part or over both parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotera View Post
I am interested in the same thing, as I just got my B7 and I'm so used to the bias lighting from my previous set, it looks weird to have it so dark behind there now. On my other TVs, I've gone all the way up the right side, across the top, and down the left (about a half inch to an inch in from the edge).

I'm thinking maybe do it the same, but only for the flat portion and ignore the bottom half. Also considered just doing a strip across the middle of the flat section, rather than the "U" pattern, but not sure if that will give the amount of light I want.
Hmm, that's interesting, might give that a try. The TV is on the stand about 2' or so away from the wall because I have the center channel speaker behind it.

Quote:
I bought a MediaLight strip (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHHVL6U - the 140cm version) for my C7 that's on a stand, with the screen about 14.5" away from the wall. Attached the the USB port on the TV, it'll turn on when you power the TV on and shut off on its own when you turn the TV off (and it finishes running any background screen maintenance it might be doing), which is really convenient.

We bought a bias light chiefly to help with eye strain in a dark room. It's not a totally light controlled environment, but it gets plenty dark (enough so that we run the bias light at its dimmest setting). I can 100% say that it helps for that, and we never wince when a moody scene goes to a sun-drenched HDR one. Contrast enhancement via bias lighting isn't really a motivation, since these OLED TVs already have perfect contrast (true black).

As far as aesthetics, I like having a bias light quite a bit. It feels a bit more custom/high-end to me, though that's the completely of personal taste. I have one friend that doesn't care for it at all. You do still get the impression of an image floating in space when you're in a darkened room. Just now it has a bit of a halo around it.

Edit: Forgot to mention where I mounted the strip! It's near the top edge of the white plastic in back that sticks out from the screen. The MediaLight strip has an adhesive back, but it sounds rather permanent. I just attached mine with masking tape, since I want to wall mount the TV once we redo the living room. So far, it's been holding strong. Also, the 140cm strip spans the width of the TV perfectly.
So you only have one strip across the middle of the back of the TV, nothing up the sides or across the top? Does that work?
post #31670 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's not very helpful to you.
I don't game but I do have my PC connected to my AVR by HDMI and the AVR is connected to the TV via the ARC channel. I have my PC configured to output stereo BUT when I play multichannel from the PC, including Atmos and DTS:X my AVR plays multi channel correctly. This must be because I have set my media player to bitstream. (I use PotPlayer and set the audio renderer to Built In WASAPI Renderer)
So, is there a way that you can set your gaming PC to bitstream ? Failing that could you try hooking the gaming PC up to the AVR and just have it pass through the video signal to avoid interference with your lag times ?
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
I had it passing through the AVR previously, but my AVR is an older unit, limited to 4k 30hz.
post #31671 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I know I saw it somewhere here but I can’t fin it. Can somebody tell me what are the best settings for the PS4 Pro and. The Sk10Y? I mean, on the PS4 side.

Thank you!
post #31672 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 07:42 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztony View Post
Did you just stick it over the flat part or both parts?

Just the flat part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
post #31673 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Just a different approach to bias lights. The camera white balance makes the light a little more blue and brighter than it is actually. The color balance on them is quite good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_084243[1].jpg
Views:	74
Size:	772.6 KB
ID:	2434464   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_084538[1].jpg
Views:	77
Size:	881.6 KB
ID:	2434466  
giomania likes this.
post #31674 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelr View Post
Just a different approach to bias lights. The camera white balance makes the light a little more blue and brighter than it is actually. The color balance on them is quite good.
Yes. yes, I know that there's a contingent that supports bias lighting, and if that makes them happy, great!

However, yeah here it comes now, from the posted pics that I've seen, I find it too distracting.

Full disclosure demands that I reveal the fact that I'm a member of perhaps an even smaller contingent that likes habanero hot sauce on my eggs, and I well know that others can find that too distracting for their tastes!
post #31675 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Silly question but here goes.

I have an older Onyko which I know cannot pass 4k/DV and such.

With newer receivers(mainly looking at this years Yamahas), is there a way to have 2 input settings configured for color/brightness, etc?

I essentially want the calibrated settings posted in this thread for my 4k bluray/DV playback but want brighter picture settings for when gaming on my PS4 Pro.

I know I can run HDMI separately for each device directly to the TV but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting a new receiver. I could also manually change the picture mode on the TV but was just curious if newer AV receivers can handle this.

TIA
post #31676 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
I have my video card's HDMI connected directly to the TV and the card's DVI connected to my receiver. I then extend the Windows desktop to the receiver to get all audio formats at 5.1 and 7.1.
post #31677 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Yes. yes, I know that there's a contingent that supports bias lighting, and if that makes them happy, great!

However, yeah here it comes now, from the posted pics that I've seen, I find it too distracting.

Full disclosure demands that I reveal the fact that I'm a member of perhaps an even smaller contingent that likes habanero hot sauce on my eggs, and I well know that others can find that too distracting for their tastes!
I would agree that from all the pics I have seen it seems too bright and distracting. However some posters have said that the pics make it seem too bright, brighter than it really is.

I use bias lighting but at a very low level. It is not distracting but does help to reduce eye strain.

For those who are new to bias lighting understand that the light does NOT have to surround the screen. The effect is not on the screen, which is not altered in any way by the lighting, but on the iris of the eye. The bias lighting causes a slight constriction of the iris which , on an LED TV, would increase the perceived contrast. This is not needed on an OLED but it also means that the muscles of the iris are not working so hard as the screen image moves from very bright to very dark. This is what reduces the eye strain.
ataneruo likes this.

post #31678 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Sure as long as your new AVR has multiple HDMI outs. I did this with my Denon, works well - caveat being it was still pretty much the same amount of button presses to align it all when changing sources (CEC may alleviate this in your scenario, in mine it didn't). The multiple AVR out was more "confusing" for the family (not using a Harmony, so multiple remotes) so I went back to one output to the TV and just changing pic modes as needed - interestingly enough CEC works a little better this way for me too as most times it correctly changes the AVR to the proper source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellogg02 View Post
Silly question but here goes.

I have an older Onyko which I know cannot pass 4k/DV and such.

With newer receivers(mainly looking at this years Yamahas), is there a way to have 2 input settings configured for color/brightness, etc?

I essentially want the calibrated settings posted in this thread for my 4k bluray/DV playback but want brighter picture settings for when gaming on my PS4 Pro.

I know I can run HDMI separately for each device directly to the TV but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting a new receiver. I could also manually change the picture mode on the TV but was just curious if newer AV receivers can handle this.

TIA
post #31679 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
I would agree that from all the pics I have seen it seems too bright and distracting. However some posters have said that the pics make it seem too bright, brighter than it really is.

I use bias lighting but at a very low level. It is not distracting but does help to reduce eye strain.

For those who are new to bias lighting understand that the light does NOT have to surround the screen. The effect is not on the screen, which is not altered in any way by the lighting, but on the iris of the eye. The bias lighting causes a slight constriction of the iris which , on an LED TV, would increase the perceived contrast. This is not needed on an OLED but it also means that the muscles of the iris are not working so hard as the screen image moves from very bright to very dark. This is what reduces the eye strain.
Well, I did not know the mechanics of it , IOW how it reduces eye strain, before I saw your explanation. Thanks.
post #31680 of 36521 Old 07-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

FWIW I should clarify that my pic from the front makes the bias lighting look WAY brighter than it is actually. We also don't watch in a darkened room so the bias light blends the area around the TV with the ambient light in the room. Whatever your preference is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page