2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1080 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980425Likes

post #32371 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
Yes they are all capable of 60Hz 4k. And yes you certainly need ARC support enabled on both the TV and the receiver, and the input selection on the receiver set to 'tv audio' or whatever it chooses to call it.
Since this TV is in a separate room from the receiver then perhaps I need ARC disabled as I don't need or want to return the audio from the TV to the receiver.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32372 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Since this TV is in a separate room from the receiver then perhaps I need ARC disabled as I don't need or want to return the audio from the TV to the receiver.

Yes in that case ARC is not useful and you would want it off.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #32373 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 23
ARC Issue between LG B7 and Pioneer SC-LX502

I'm not sure if the issue is with the LG B7 or the Pioneer Elite Receiver, but my ARC audio seems to intermittently work, though I believe everything is configured as it should be. Now, I can't seem to get any audio at all when viewing WebOS app content.

Interestingly, the Pioneer Receiver seems to indicate that it detects the source audio, as is will show Dolby Atmos on the receiver when viewing Atmos content through Vudu, but the speakers aren't producing any audio.

From, what I've been reading, there seem to be issues with ARC on some LG televisions.

I would greatly appreciate any help or feedback from others who may know a possible solution.

I could just just use my Nvidia Shield TV for streaming, but I actually prefer to use the WebOS apps if possible, especially for Dolby Vision content, as the Nvidia Shield doesn't do Dolby Vision.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32374 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcountry View Post
I'm not sure if the issue is with the LG B7 or the Pioneer Elite Receiver, but my ARC audio seems to intermittently work, though I believe everything is configured as it should be. Now, I can't seem to get any audio at all when viewing WebOS app content.

Interestingly, the Pioneer Receiver seems to indicate that it detects the source audio, as is will show Dolby Atmos on the receiver when viewing Atmos content through Vudu, but the speakers aren't producing any audio.

From, what I've been reading, there seem to be issues with ARC on some LG televisions.

I would greatly appreciate any help or feedback from others who may know a possible solution.

I could just just use my Nvidia Shield TV for streaming, but I actually prefer to use the WebOS apps if possible, especially for Dolby Vision content, as the Nvidia Shield doesn't do Dolby Vision.

Thanks for any advice.
It might be the Pioneer. I'm using ARC between a B7 and a Denon AVR, and it works flawlessly. The Denon switches to "TV Audio" when I start a tv app and switches back to the shield input when I play something from the shield.
post #32375 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFrank View Post
It might be the Pioneer. I'm using ARC between a B7 and a Denon AVR, and it works flawlessly. The Denon switches to "TV Audio" when I start a tv app and switches back to the shield input when I play something from the shield.

I have a denon AVR as well but have had occasions where the audio from the tv failed to work. No idea why and a bit of playing around with the cables and power cycling eventually had it working again. Really odd
Ricker62 likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #32376 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
I have a denon AVR as well but have had occasions where the audio from the tv failed to work. No idea why and a bit of playing around with the cables and power cycling eventually had it working again. Really odd
How often would you say this occurs? I wondering if ARC is just kind of flaky from some LG's. I'm still within my return period on my Shield TV, and I was hoping to be able to save some money by just using ARC with the LG WebOS apps.

I don't use Plex, and though the Shield TV is fantastic in terms of its quick processing, if I'm primarily streaming Vudu, Netflix, and Youtube, I just don't know if it's worth having, when the LG WebOS apps seem to work pretty well overall.

If ARC is going to be problematic, then I guess I would be better off just keeping the Shield TV, as I want to be able make use of Dolby Atmos, which, I would need ARC for if I'm going to use WebOS.

I realize there are other advantages to using the Shield as well, but I would still like to reliably be able to use the ARC connection from the LG tv.
post #32377 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
How often would you say this occurs? I wondering if ARC is just kind of flaky from some LG's. I'm still within my return period on my Shield TV, and I was hoping to be able to save some money by just using ARC with the LG WebOS apps.

I don't use Plex, and though the Shield TV is fantastic in terms of its quick processing, if I'm primarily streaming Vudu, Netflix, and Youtube, I just don't know if it's worth having, when the LG WebOS apps seem to work pretty well overall.

If ARC is going to be problematic, then I guess I would be better off just keeping the Shield TV, as I want to be able make use of Dolby Atmos, which, I would need ARC for if I'm going to use WebOS.

I realize there are other advantages to using the Shield as well, but I would still like to reliably be able to use the ARC connection from the LG tv.

I’ve had the tv for maybe half a year and it happened twice that I can remember. I would keep the shield tv as there are certain things it does that no other device I own does such as lossless audio passthrough for BLu-Ray and UHD rips.

I have a shield, an Apple TV 4K, and my OLED as far as streaming devices go and each s eves a different purpose because there is not one box that does everything.
giomania likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #32378 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I just posted in a receiver thread about my C8 and ARC, but with my Marantz receiver (sister company of Denon). ARC works, but occasionally with changing sources and what not I get brief sound glitches or cut outs. Also With Netflix, I get audio delay.

With optical, I get neither problem, and everything works fine, but I lose Atmos support because optical doesn't support Atmos. Overall, I'm sticking with optical. For streamed video I can deal with loss of Atmos if everything works perfectly otherwise.

For your 2017 models, I would assume that all the glitches would disappear with optical, but of course then there is no Atmos.

Last edited by BuGsArEtAsTy; 08-28-2018 at 11:48 AM.
post #32379 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 01:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
I just posted in a receiver thread about my C8 and ARC, but with my Marantz receiver (sister company of Denon). ARC works, but occasionally with changing sources and what not I get brief sound glitches or cut outs. Also With Netflix, I get audio delay.

With optical, I get neither problem, and everything works fine, but I lose Atmos support because optical doesn't support Atmos. Overall, I'm sticking with optical. For streamed video I can deal with loss of Atmos if everything works perfectly otherwise.

For your 2017 models, I would assume that all the glitches would disappear with optical, but of course then there is no Atmos.
Yep, exactly, which I don't want to lose. Wouldn't it be nice if things just worked the way they're supposed to with electronics? I really hope there's a solution to fixing the ARC connection. I have a warranty through Best Buy, and it's still under warranty with LG. I just don't know if they'll fix it, since it's hard to say if the issue resides with the receiver or the TV.
post #32380 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6240
Quote:
Yep, exactly, which I don't want to lose. Wouldn't it be nice if things just worked the way they're supposed to with electronics? I really hope there's a solution to fixing the ARC connection. I have a warranty through Best Buy, and it's still under warranty with LG. I just don't know if they'll fix it, since it's hard to say if the issue resides with the receiver or the TV.

The solution is not to use it to be honest. There are no real standards for CEC or ARC so everyone does their own thing and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
zinfella and gambler52 like this.
post #32381 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6675 Post(s)
Liked: 6670
Quote:
Yep, exactly, which I don't want to lose. Wouldn't it be nice if things just worked the way they're supposed to with electronics?
Ya right, just another glitch......
post #32382 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

UK owner here, I bought this TV in January and use it primarily for gaming. I got it with a Samung HW-MS550 soundbar that is connected via ARC.

I mainly use the TV with PS4 Pro and PC over HDMI, and using the built in Apps, all working fine.

I recently picked up an Xbox One X and I have a constant sound delay with it. I know the Xbox works fine over HDMI as I had it connected to my Home Cinema receiver in a different room, and there was no delay. With this TV and Soundbar combination however I just can't get rid of the delay. I've tried everything I can think of with settings and resets on both console and TV but to no avail.

I assumed it's an issue with ARC via the Xbox, and was going to bypass the HDMI by using optical but for some reason I cannot get the optical to work, either direct from the console or via the TV to the soundbar. The optical is working, as the red light is passing through the cable, but no sound from that method at all.

I have used just the TV speakers to determine if it is a soundbar issue and even that has a delay, although it seems to be reduced.

Has anyone had any similar issues with their Xbox One X using this TV?

Cheers
post #32383 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy59 View Post
Hello,

UK owner here, I bought this TV in January and use it primarily for gaming. I got it with a Samung HW-MS550 soundbar that is connected via ARC.

I mainly use the TV with PS4 Pro and PC over HDMI, and using the built in Apps, all working fine.

I recently picked up an Xbox One X and I have a constant sound delay with it. I know the Xbox works fine over HDMI as I had it connected to my Home Cinema receiver in a different room, and there was no delay. With this TV and Soundbar combination however I just can't get rid of the delay. I've tried everything I can think of with settings and resets on both console and TV but to no avail.

I assumed it's an issue with ARC via the Xbox, and was going to bypass the HDMI by using optical but for some reason I cannot get the optical to work, either direct from the console or via the TV to the soundbar. The optical is working, as the red light is passing through the cable, but no sound from that method at all.

I have used just the TV speakers to determine if it is a soundbar issue and even that has a delay, although it seems to be reduced.

Has anyone had any similar issues with their Xbox One X using this TV?

Cheers
Are you on game mode? If so, there is a problem with the picture being rendered too quickly and the sound can't keep up when you using optical out to soundbar and a dolby digital signal. I have been unable to fix it, resorting to just setting audio output to pcm. Its not ideal, but it's just a soundbar anyway. Interesting that your ps4pro works though, i would check picture mode between the two but I'm pretty sure this is game mode +soundbar issue (at least with my cheapo samsung soundbar).
post #32384 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
Are you on game mode? If so, there is a problem with the picture being rendered too quickly and the sound can't keep up when you using optical out to soundbar and a dolby digital signal. I have been unable to fix it, resorting to just setting audio output to pcm. Its not ideal, but it's just a soundbar anyway. Interesting that your ps4pro works though, i would check picture mode between the two but I'm pretty sure this is game mode +soundbar issue (at least with my cheapo samsung soundbar).
I am on game mode yes, and it's an HDMI issue I seem to have as I can't get the optical to work at all on the soundbar. I was hoping the optical would be the key to resolving the Xbox issue. It is really strange that the PS4 Pro and PC have no latency issues with sound at all, having the Xbox with issues has made me double check everything and they are still working perfectly.

Brief investigations so far online seem to be pointing it towards an Xbox issue, specifically with LG OLED TVs. It works fine with my old Sony TV and a proper Receiver, but with this LG/Samsung combo I'm having issues.

Maybe this forum isn't best for it, but as my findings seem to be pointing towards the TV I thought I'd ask.
post #32385 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy59 View Post
I am on game mode yes, and it's an HDMI issue I seem to have as I can't get the optical to work at all on the soundbar. I was hoping the optical would be the key to resolving the Xbox issue. It is really strange that the PS4 Pro and PC have no latency issues with sound at all, having the Xbox with issues has made me double check everything and they are still working perfectly.

Brief investigations so far online seem to be pointing it towards an Xbox issue, specifically with LG OLED TVs. It works fine with my old Sony TV and a proper Receiver, but with this LG/Samsung combo I'm having issues.

Maybe this forum isn't best for it, but as my findings seem to be pointing towards the TV I thought I'd ask.
What is the audio output setting for your ps4 and pc? Try setting xbox audio output to PCM and it should be fine....I spent a lot of time researching it and found multiple people with the same issue but no resolution, seems to boil down to processing a dolby digital signal through the tv and then out to the soundbar. I can't imagine how it would be specific to xbox as it is sending a standard signal format but weirder things have happened. Running everything through a receiver first works fine as well.

Last edited by Hutty; 08-28-2018 at 04:56 PM.
post #32386 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:

My media player was initially connected to the TV when I first got my C7, and ARC worked perfectly for sound from the internal LG apps and from the media player using my older Denon non-Atmos AVR.

After upgrading to a Sony AVR with Atmos the media player was switched over to the AVR. ARC continued to work perfectly for sound from internal apps.

Yes, it did take some fiddling to get all the settings correct but once that was done it was rock solid with no audio drop outs. My conclusion: there is nothing wrong with the LG ARC function.

PS. I did have one strange situation where powering off the media player (connected to the AVR with CEC disabled) caused the AVR to NOT pick up ARC from the TV. It took a while to figure this out but I now have it under control. I have the patience and time to work at these problems until a solution is found.
post #32387 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:

Thanks for any advice.
I ran into this the other day. The Pioneer LX502 is actually a Onkyo in Pioneer clothing. Basically a sheep in wolf's clothing. Even the third party control codes are Onkyo.

The last of the true Pioneer's were made in 2015 or 16 before Onkyo bought the brand name. I think you might find more info regarding ARC behavior by searching the thread/forum with "Onkyo" as the key word along with "ARC".

Maybe this will help.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #32388 of 36408 Old 08-28-2018, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3738
^PM sent.
post #32389 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
This thread is getting to the point of almost being unwieldy with over 32000 posts and over 1000 pages since it started in 2017. So I may have missed something along the way.

I recently printed out the calibration suggestions provided by Sonoftumble (updated on Jan 22 2018), and today I finally got around to trying them on my 65B7A that I acquired in June. Things immediately looked a lot better, primarily I think to the power saving setting that I had set to auto and now turned off. The picture is much brighter now, thank goodness.

However, I was unable to make any adjustments to the WHITE BALANCE. That feature in the menu on my TV is apparently not active (it appears greyed out compared to the other menu items in the list).

I'm also not clear on how to adjust settings for HDR 10 which Sonoftumble recommends using the same Technicolor Expert picture mode as for SDR. I don't see a way to differentiate the Technicolor Expert settings between SDR and HDR 10. Any help appreciated, and sorry if this has already been covered somewhere in the other 32000+ posts in this thread.
post #32390 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninblaine View Post
This thread is getting to the point of almost being unwieldy with over 32000 posts and over 1000 pages since it started in 2017. So I may have missed something along the way.

I recently printed out the calibration suggestions provided by Sonoftumble (updated on Jan 22 2018), and today I finally got around to trying them on my 65B7A that I acquired in June. Things immediately looked a lot better, primarily I think to the power saving setting that I had set to auto and now turned off. The picture is much brighter now, thank goodness.

However, I was unable to make any adjustments to the WHITE BALANCE. That feature in the menu on my TV is apparently not active (it appears greyed out compared to the other menu items in the list).

I'm also not clear on how to adjust settings for HDR 10 which Sonoftumble recommends using the same Technicolor Expert picture mode as for SDR. I don't see a way to differentiate the Technicolor Expert settings between SDR and HDR 10. Any help appreciated, and sorry if this has already been covered somewhere in the other 32000+ posts in this thread.
Don't adjust your white-balance, that is a setting unique to each panel, you should be fine with the other settings. Adjusting the settings applies only to the input and range currently on the tv. So if you would want to adjust hdr settings, put on an hdr youtube video or something first. Same goes with Dolby Vision.
mjwagner and alexbarbel like this.
post #32391 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
It should be off by default in game mode.
Exactly, that's the problem. I've got a profile I like based on Game setting, but I want to see what it looks like with either Trumotion or the Cinemotion thing that locks to 24p turned on...

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #32392 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I ran into this the other day. The Pioneer LX502 is actually a Onkyo in Pioneer clothing. Basically a sheep in wolf's clothing. Even the third party control codes are Onkyo.

The last of the true Pioneer's were made in 2015 or 16 before Onkyo bought the brand name. I think you might find more info regarding ARC behavior by searching the thread/forum with "Onkyo" as the key word along with "ARC".

Maybe this will help.
Thanks for the tip. Now I'm starting to think it may just be the Pioneer(Onkyo) receiver. Maybe I should exchange the Pioneer for a Denon receiver, as I'm still within my return period.

Does anyone have any thoughts on if I would be losing a lot by switching from the Pioneer LX502 receiver that I paid $499.99 for, to a Denon AVRS930H that I would be paying $374.99 for, as it sounds like Denon is more reliable for ARC than Pioneer/Onkyo?
post #32393 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
Don't adjust your white-balance, that is a setting unique to each panel, you should be fine with the other settings. Adjusting the settings applies only to the input and range currently on the tv. So if you would want to adjust hdr settings, put on an hdr youtube video or something first. Same goes with Dolby Vision.
Great. Thanks for the clarification.
So, to be clear, I assume that entering the settings while there is a HDR video playing will not change the settings that were entered for SDR, and that the TV will apply each unique set depending on whether the source is SDR or HDR?

Last edited by keninblaine; 08-29-2018 at 11:58 AM.
post #32394 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninblaine View Post
Great. Thanks for the clarification.
So, to be clear, I assume that entering the settings while there is a HDR video playing will not change the settings that were entered for SDR, and that the TV will apply each unique set depending on whether the source is SDR or HDR?
Yup....note that there are lots of different types of HDR that have their own settings as well. There is HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG, etc., and supposedly more being added later. Took me a minute to figure out why the first piece of HLG material I was watching didn't look right.
post #32395 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Now I'm starting to think it may just be the Pioneer(Onkyo) receiver. Maybe I should exchange the Pioneer for a Denon receiver, as I'm still within my return period.

Does anyone have any thoughts on if I would be losing a lot by switching from the Pioneer LX502 receiver that I paid $499.99 for, to a Denon AVRS930H that I would be paying $374.99 for, as it sounds like Denon is more reliable for ARC than Pioneer/Onkyo?
I think the overall opinion in the forum on ARC is if it works it works if it don't it don't. That said, I have a Denon AVR-X2300 that has worked fine with ARC in the past, but the settings have to be exactly right. I now run everything through the Denon and turned off ARC. I just like the apps and the streaming through the ATV better than the apps on the TV. I am a little biased toward the Denon so it should be no surprise that I would recommend the Denon over the Onkyo, just my opinion. I am not sure what you may be losing going with the Onkyo, and I can't say if the Denon ARC is more reliable. However it seems that I have read more posts on success with ARC on the Denon.

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
DirectTv Now Streaming Box (Beta), Phillips Blu-Ray 7502
post #32396 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler52 View Post
I think the overall opinion in the forum on ARC is if it works it works if it don't it don't. That said, I have a Denon AVR-X2300 that has worked fine with ARC in the past, but the settings have to be exactly right. I now run everything through the Denon and turned off ARC. I just like the apps and the streaming through the ATV better than the apps on the TV. I am a little biased toward the Denon so it should be no surprise that I would recommend the Denon over the Onkyo, just my opinion. I am not sure what you may be losing going with the Onkyo, and I can't say if the Denon ARC is more reliable. However it seems that I have read more posts on success with ARC on the Denon.
Did you have any audio delay with Netflix Atmos through ARC with your X2300?

As I touched upon above, with my Marantz SR5010 (which is very much like the Denons due to their heritage), everything seems to work OK through ARC, until I try Atmos in Netflix. Then I get an audio delay. If I don't use Netflix or if somehow Atmos gets shut off in Netflix, then I don't get the audio delay in ARC. But to keep things working smoothly with the TV's Netflix app I'm just using optical, which can't support ARC. (Atmos works fine if I use my Blu-ray player with UHD or 1080p Blu-ray disks).

With the Apple TV with the combination of Dolby Vision and Atmos, does that work well for you without any audio delay? If so, I might just have to pick one of those up. However, I'm not keen on that since probably the only reason I'd do this is to get Atmos out of Netflix.
post #32397 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Did you have any audio delay with Netflix Atmos through ARC with your X2300?

I added the Atmos speakers after switching to the ATV so I can't answer your question.

As I touched upon above, with my Marantz SR5010 (which is very much like the Denons due to their heritage), everything seems to work OK through ARC, until I try Atmos in Netflix. Then I get an audio delay. If I don't use Netflix or if somehow Atmos gets shut off in Netflix, then I don't get the audio delay in ARC. But to keep things working smoothly with the TV's Netflix app I'm just using optical, which can't support ARC. (Atmos works fine if I use my Blu-ray player with UHD or 1080p Blu-ray disks).

There is I believe a delay setting in the Denon, but never messed with it.

With the Apple TV with the combination of Dolby Vision and Atmos, does that work well for you without any audio delay? If so, I might just have to pick one of those up. However, I'm not keen on that since probably the only reason I'd do this is to get Atmos out of Netflix.
I am waiting for the update on the ATV for Atmos support which should come in September, so I don't know if there will be a delay or not. I have read some comments about Atmos support on the ATV beta thread, which apparently has Atmos, so you may want to check that. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...-releases.html. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
post #32398 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I added the Atmos speakers after switching to the ATV so I can't answer your question.
OK fair enough.

Quote:
There is I believe a delay setting in the Denon, but never messed with it.
Besides on the receiver, there is also a delay setting in the TV. However, neither would address the problem, since their purpose is to add delay, which would make things even worse.

Quote:
I am waiting for the update on the ATV for Atmos support which should come in September, so I don't know if there will be a delay or not. I have read some comments about Atmos support on the ATV beta thread, which apparently has Atmos, so you may want to check that. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...-releases.html. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Ah yes, I forgot. I'll wait until the update for Atmos comes out on Apple TV 4K before making any decisions.
post #32399 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks again for the feedback. It's funny, because I have a Shield TV and would probably prefer just to use it for streaming, but it doesn't do Dolby Vision. The Apple TV does Dolby Vision, but not Atmos, though I understand that it's coming.

I may just wind up using an Apple TV once it gets Atmos support, so that there will be an ideal streaming option that does both Atmos and Dolby Vision, and just forget trying to mess with ARC as it seems too problematic and worrisome.
gambler52 likes this.
post #32400 of 36408 Old 08-29-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
OK fair enough.

Besides on the receiver, there is also a delay setting in the TV. However, neither would address the problem, since their purpose is to add delay, which would make things even worse.

Ah yes, I forgot. I'll wait until the update for Atmos comes out on Apple TV 4K before making any decisions.
After the update arrives and test it out I will try to post some results on how it works.

LG OLED 55C7
Denon AVR-X2300
Apple TV 4K
Channel Master OTA DVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page