2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1108 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980427Likes

post #33211 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoore View Post
I'm not having any problems with the TV at the moment. I think I will wait and see if this updates introduces any new problems before updating.
Just downloaded - fast - no problems!

MR reflects (05.80.04)

- Netflix related optimization
- Network - Selectable IPv6 connection on / off in wireless connection setting
- Other bug fix

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000

Last edited by bob brennan; 10-26-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33212 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Amperage for USB ports on C7

Does anybody know the amperage for the USB3 and USB 1 ports on the C7?

I have some external USB cooling fans for my Denon receiver that I'd prefer to plug in to the TV, since the Denon USB port is always powered and the TV ports are only powered when the TV is on.

The 2 fans (AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7) pull .58 amps each on 5V DC. I just want to make sure they aren't overloading the USB ports on the TV.
post #33213 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Just downloaded - fast - no problems!

MR reflects (05.80.04)

- Netflix related optimization
- Network - Selectable IPv6 connection on / off in wireless connection setting
- Other bug fix
Where can one download this firmware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33214 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin33 View Post
Where can one download this firmware?
see post 33198 one page back for link!

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #33215 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 115
just installed it..EZ..
post #33216 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6688 Post(s)
Liked: 6685
[quote=palvarez;57009646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
4k60 SDR is what I use. Chose whichever you like best.

I am really getting frustrated with this TV. I cannot get the Apple 4k to work with it. I set it to 4k SDR 60 Hz, 4:4:4 and it will only display a picture for a few seconds before blanking out. I am really starting to wonder if it is the TV at this point. Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

As I've mentioned earlier, I've tried different cables, tried the Belkin 6ft cable, replaced the Apple TV 4k, tried different settings on the Apple TV and the LG. All firmware is updated on both the TV and the Apple TV.
Have you tried Premium Certified Cables? If not, you need to you. That is the #1 reason for ATV error......
post #33217 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2308 Post(s)
Liked: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludditus View Post

I have some external USB cooling fans for my Denon receiver that I'd prefer to plug in to the TV, since the Denon USB port is always powered and the TV ports are only powered when the TV is on.

The 2 fans (AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7) pull .58 amps each on 5V DC. I just want to make sure they aren't overloading the USB ports on the TV.

That was discussed at the beginning of this thread somewhere. It's not recommended to use those ports to power something like cooling fans, a Roku stick or usb drive is about the extent of their value. Personally, I use a dual Coolor Guys fan which sits on top of Denon 4300, its quite enough that I just let them run all the time.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #33218 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Their would be no need to use fiber for 15 foot runs. Get certified premium HDMI cables ( and make sure they have the little holographic sticker) and you should be fine for that distance. I have had good luck with monoprice but their are others.

Edit - LOL, sorry it’s a QR code not a hologram...the Monoprice 15’ certified premium HDMI cables are around $15 on Amazon.
The Monoprice certified premium HDMI cables are what i've been using and the cables that are now causing me issues. Here's what I think is the issue with them - they are too small/loose in the HDMI port and just aren't making a stable enough connection. They just slid in the ports before my board replacement and they do the same on the new ports. there's no grab at all. I've tried some other cables now for multiple days and each one had zero issues running 4k 60hz a 4:4:4 and 4:2:0.
post #33219 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrentn View Post
The Monoprice certified premium HDMI cables are what i've been using and the cables that are now causing me issues. Here's what I think is the issue with them - they are too small/loose in the HDMI port and just aren't making a stable enough connection. They just slid in the ports before my board replacement and they do the same on the new ports. there's no grab at all. I've tried some other cables now for multiple days and each one had zero issues running 4k 60hz a 4:4:4 and 4:2:0.
Been using the certified monoprice in entire chain all have a "tight" fit and no problems. Have both regular certified and the 36AWG Slim Certified HDR Premium.

post #33220 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 11:27 AM

[quote=palvarez;57009646]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
4k60 SDR is what I use. Chose whichever you like best.

I am really getting frustrated with this TV. I cannot get the Apple 4k to work with it. I set it to 4k SDR 60 Hz, 4:4:4 and it will only display a picture for a few seconds before blanking out. I am really starting to wonder if it is the TV at this point. Any other troubleshooting suggestions?

As I've mentioned earlier, I've tried different cables, tried the Belkin 6ft cable, replaced the Apple TV 4k, tried different settings on the Apple TV and the LG. All firmware is updated on both the TV and the Apple TV.
I hope this information can be of some help to you! This is what I've experienced.

Quick summary - I have the same problem as you - cutting out to static/black screen (on 4:4:4 and 4:2:0). My setup is a 65B7A and an Apple TV 4K, and was using Monoprice certified premium cables for months, 15ft, without issue. All of a sudden, the problems started happening again. Here's what I think was going on: these cables were always looser than I'd expect - for example they slide very easily into the HDMI ports on my tv. no pushback, no grab. Just in and out. This was something I noticed from the beginning, but it worked so I didn't bother to care. I think it was just making a bad connection over time and eventually it was reached a point where it wasn't making a strong enough connection to carry the bandwidth. Additionally, The board on my oled was just replaced which means I received brand new HDMI ports on my TV. The cables were just as loose and I still had the issues.

SO, I've now purchased multiple cables, including another of the Monoprice certified HDMI cable to test. All in 15ft.

Results so far:

-The Monoprice cable seemed just as loose with a brand new cable, so I didn't even try it. Not going to be in the same boat 5 months from now.

-Amazon Basics HDMI cable, 15ft - very grippy in port, used this for 2 days, 10 hours a day 4k 60hz 4:4:4 and have had ZERO issues
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE: was sitting here with my tv on the apple tv 4K home screen, not in HDR or anything (but in 4:4:4 - wondering if I should just try everything on 4:2:0 since technically the cables don't have enough bandwidth to handle 4khdr 60hz 4:4:4) -----Sewell Silverback HDMI cable - decent grip, I've used this going on 3 days now, 10 hours a day 4K 60hz 4:4:4 and have had ZERO issues.

I also purchased a couple of others to try before I make my decision about ripping my current ones out of the wall and having the installer come back to put new ones in. I'm hoping this FastRider I'm going to use starting this evening works (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). cable wise it's the thinnest and it'll give the installer the least trouble in the tubing.

So, with that said, why don't you try one of those two cables above (the sewell is more flexible, so maybe make that your first purchase). They're working for me and stable at 15ft, so they should be fine at lower lengths.

Last edited by sbrentn; 10-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
post #33221 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlux View Post
Forgive me if you mentioned this in a prior post, but are you sure it's the length of the cable causing the issue? Have you tried bringing the AVR closer to the TV temporarily to see if you have the same issue with a shorter cable? I have the same issue using a 4 foot run and I've tried multiple different cables. I'm about to call LG for service, but I'm a little concerned after reading your comment that the motherboard replacement didn't fix the issue.
Rich
I mean, who can say, haha - but I think so. I've had ZERO issues with shorter lengths on my OLEDS (also have a 55" upstairs), but as soon as I went up to longer lengths I started having the problem.

and yes, my board was replaced, new HDMI ports and all and I still had the same issues with the monoprice certified cables I was using. But what I think I've realized is the cables weren't making a grippy enough connection inside the ports. the cables just sorta slid in and out, almost loose, on both the old board and the new one.

Bought a couple of other HDMI cables, 15ft off of amazon and have been using each of them multiple days, 10 hours a day, with no issue. Using them at 4k 60hz 4:4:4. Tried hooking up the monoprice cables again and they were cutting out in a matter of minutes.

Here's what I've tried so far at 15ft and had no issue. One would think lesser lengths would work equally as well:

-Amazon Basics HDMI cable, 15ft - very grippy in port, used this for 2 days, 10 hours a day 4k 60hz 4:4:4 and have had ZERO issues
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE: was sitting here with my tv on the apple tv 4K home screen, not in HDR or anything (but in 4:4:4 - wondering if I should just try everything on 4:2:0 since technically the cables don't have enough bandwidth to handle 4khdr 60hz 4:4:4), and the panel flashed static and went to a no signal screen. Gonna count these out. So far the winner in the Amazon cable. -- Sewell Silverback HDMI cable - decent grip, I've used this going on 3 days now, 10 hours a day 4K 60hz 4:4:4 and have had ZERO issues.

I have two more to try as I want to give myself options (and doing in wall installations, I want to make sure that I choose the most durable cable (thickness and flexibility matter during the install).

Last edited by sbrentn; 10-26-2018 at 12:03 PM.
post #33222 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Been using the certified monoprice in entire chain all have a "tight" fit and no problems. Have both regular certified and the 36AWG Slim Certified HDR Premium.
I even bought a brand new one off of amazon and the fit is not very tight on my new board which was just installed in my tv. Not going to chance it (I'd also replaced them previously due to two cables being DOA and they were loose then as well). Glad you have some tight fitting ones, but I've now bought 9 of them and they've all been loose fitting.
post #33223 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM

Jut got my display panel replaced

::UPDATE::

within 20 minutes of me posting this, my TV turned itself off and when I try to turn it on, the status light blinks, I see for a split second the input in the top left corner and the TV powers off.

I'm obviously incredibly frustrated now. I've called the technician who is going to call me back after the job he's currently on. There's honestly no way for him to really say at this point if it's the board that failed or the new display panel. So, I just don't know what's going to happen.

--original post--

So, finally got my display panel replaced yesterday. They basically sent a new screen minus all components. The installer took out the new board he just put in last week, the power stuff from my old TV and placed it in the new unit. Also used the same white back cover on the back (which is great because that means my serial number is still the same for my extended warranty).

Only downside, we turned it on and there is *one* dead pixel. Black. one tiny tiny little pixel. at any sort of normal viewing distance it can't be seen...so, I decided to not return it. The reason that swayed me into this decision is that this panel, luckily displays little to no banding. Can't see one band in the content i'd normally see it in before. I do notice that I have a slight (I mean SLIGHT) discoloration on the left side on a white screen (slightly, yellow) but this isn't visible on any content.

So, yay! here's hoping this panel works out!

Last edited by sbrentn; 10-26-2018 at 12:47 PM.
post #33224 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6529 Post(s)
Liked: 6256
Quote:
I even bought a brand new one off of amazon and the fit is not very tight on my new board which was just installed in my tv. Not going to chance it (I'd also replaced them previously due to two cables being DOA and they were loose then as well). Glad you have some tight fitting ones, but I've now bought 9 of them and they've all been loose fitting.

At 15’ you are pressing the limit of the cable if you are trying to pass 4K60 HDR 4:4:4. You may want to look into BlueJeans or an active cable from Monorpice. You can take a look in previous posts that members with cable lengths that long get iffy performance from “regular” cables. You’ll spend a little more money, but youll have a better chance of not having issues.

(Yes I know there are people with “regular” cables at 15’ and they work).
smurraybhm likes this.
post #33225 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjih View Post
Link to Korean site and Firmware 05.80.04.

https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...currentPageNo=
Somebody have a link for EU versions?
post #33226 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40L0 View Post
Somebody have a link for EU versions?
and here is the translation, interesting last SW version for 2017 models !
Quote:
We will share the final S / W of Ultra HD TV released in 2017.

1. Applicable model
     - XXUJ9XXX
     - XXUJ8XXX
     - XXUJ78XX
     - XXUJ7F00
    ------------------
    - OLEDXXB7K / L
    - OLEDXXC7K / L
    - OLEDXXE7K
    - OLEDXXW7K
    - OLEDXXG7K
    - OLEDXXB7F (Specialized model)

2. Final Ver

3. Changes
   Ⓐ Tweeter Speaker No audio output problem and video
   Ⓑ After connecting the BT sound bar, the volume of the sound bar goes up to MAX.
   Ⓒ Magic remote control pairing is interrupted
   Ⓓ Glitter Noise
   Ⓔ Improved screen blinking when switching channel after DTV zoom zoom termination
   수정 OLED DTV Lipsync correction
   Ⓖ ATV Horizontal bars at the bottom of the screen
   개선 Improve the backlight off shop
   개선 Improved keylessness after pressing Menu key after AC On
   개선 Improvement of white flicker issues
   Ⓚ (Update) UHD ATSC3.0 reception problem response
   Ⓛ (update) 17 year HDR10, HLG correspondence
   Ⓜ T8 Store stream equipment improvement response (03.60.15)
   Ⓝ OLED TV improved Dolby 5.1ch audio Lip-Sync (03.60.25)
  지원 Dolby TrueHD support _ Only OLED TV (04.70.06)
  개선 Improved image flicker (when Deep Color ON (04.70.06)
  적용 Applying ATSC 3.0 recording (04.70.06)
  Ⓡ T8 Improved on screen break at game mode (04.70.30)
  Ⓢ Youtube VP9 HDR Contents SDR processing issue improvement (04.70.30)
  Ⓣ OLED model Dolby Audio HDMI input conversion Voice no issue improvement (04.70.36)
  Ⓤ Improved intermittent power on (04.70.70)
  문제 Fixed the issue of dropping to volume 0 due to a specific application operation (04.70.76)
  ∎ 'WiFi_BT module fullspeed recognized as LiveTV video interruption (04.70.90)
  반영 Reflected MR (05.80.04)
       -Netflix uses related optimization
       - Network - IPv6 connection function on / off can be selected in wireless connection setting
       - Other bug fixes

4. How to upgrade: Please refer to webOS3.5_M16P_ADV_05.80.04.zip
post #33227 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
::UPDATE::
within 20 minutes of me posting this, my TV turned itself off and when I try to turn it on, the status light blinks, I see for a split second the input in the top left corner and the TV powers off.
I've heard that if the MB does not detect all is OK w the display, it would shut down the TV... so I'd say something is up w the new display or there's some routine that needed to be done in the service menu post display replacement, or you are really out of luck ! (But at least you got your cables sorted ;-) )
post #33228 of 36418 Old 10-26-2018, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Glad that you now have cables that work for you. I’ve never experienced that issue with the premium certified monoprice cables myself thankfully.

Mark
post #33229 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can we talk about PC Mode + ISF for a minute?

If I were to play games in SDR only, wouldn't PC Mode + ISF provide the best picture? Someone on another forum claimed that PC Mode + ISF is not recommended for neither SDR or HDR, but I thought the problems were exclusive to HDR? He claimed that there are issues with the gamma curve and more washed out colours when using PC Mode with ISF in SDR as well. Is that true?

I just want low input lag and a correct picture when playing games in SDR, and as far as I know, that's the only way to get it.
post #33230 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludditus View Post

I believe it's specified at 0.5 Amp but I run led's that I cut down to take about 2 amp. Over that the supply 'blinks' ie the supply appears to be limited.
post #33231 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul1anr1k View Post
Can we talk about PC Mode + ISF for a minute?

If I were to play games in SDR only, wouldn't PC Mode + ISF provide the best picture? Someone on another forum claimed that PC Mode + ISF is not recommended for neither SDR or HDR, but I thought the problems were exclusive to HDR? He claimed that there are issues with the gamma curve and more washed out colours when using PC Mode with ISF in SDR as well. Is that true?

I just want low input lag and a correct picture when playing games in SDR, and as far as I know, that's the only way to get it.
I can confirm PC Mode colors are now fixed in all modes on 5.80.04, but HDR has still issues as seems still limited to 8-bit, introducing color banding and gradients artifacts especially with 4K/HDR Blu-rays (e.g. with Planet Earth 2), but also with games. No matter if Enabling/Disabling 4:2:2 on console video settings.

If you want to setup these TVs for gaming the best way possible, have a look here and let me know:

LG 2017 OLEDs - Calibrated Settings for Xbox One X / webOS (SDR/HDR/DV) - FINAL
post #33232 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
See the link in my signature below and enjoy!

EDIT: Don't let the original date of the post throw you off. It was very recently updated with all new settings.
sonoftumble:

I just updated to 05.80.04; are your settings still good, or do I have to re-enter them? Or are you planning a completely new calibration for it?
post #33233 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
sonoftumble:

I just updated to 05.80.04; are your settings still good, or do I have to re-enter them? Or are you planning a completely new calibration for it?
I also just updated to 05.80.04, and all the custom settings are still in place. The picture looks fantastic as always; and the SAME as far as I can tell.

FW updates don't generally impact the higher levels associated with calibration settings, and I don't see a need to run a new calibration at this point.

There is a new version of DV - "1.4.4_08.01" - which may provide a fix or two for those who have noticed elevated blacks with the previous version - "1.4.4_07.01".

I just watched a little bit of "Coco" in DV/Atmos running the Vudu app on my AppleTV 4K. I thought the picture was gorgeous and bright. "Arrival" and "Blade Runner 2049" were still pretty dark . . . . some of that is intentional, and some of it has to do with the dreaded Tone Mapping!!!

Overall, things look great. You should be enjoying the same PQ as I am.
Nation66 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #33234 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I also just updated to 05.80.04, and all the custom settings are still in place. The picture looks fantastic as always; and the SAME as far as I can tell.

FW updates don't generally impact the higher levels associated with calibration settings, and I don't see a need to run a new calibration at this point.

There is a new version of DV - "1.4.4_08.01" - which may provide a fix or two for those who have noticed elevated blacks with the previous version - "1.4.4_07.01".

I just watched a little bit of "Coco" in DV/Atmos running the Vudu app on my AppleTV 4K. I thought the picture was gorgeous and bright. "Arrival" and "Blade Runner 2049" were still pretty dark . . . . some of that is intentional, and some of it has to do with the dreaded Tone Mapping!!!

Overall, things look great. You should be enjoying the same PQ as I am.
What are your setting for SDR and HDR game mode?
post #33235 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Nicotine View Post
Sorry,

I haven't done any gaming specific settings. However, my daughter brings out her PS4 on occasion, and we use the same picture modes for that as we do for watching TV or movies; i.e. SDR technicolor Expert and HDR technicolor Expert. Things look great from what I can tell, but then again we are not doing any MMP things that may require lower lag responses than the usual "TV" picture modes.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #33236 of 36418 Old 10-27-2018, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Nicotine View Post

Game mode doesn’t really require specific settings for me. I use w45 color temp and leave everything else default with medium dynamic contrast on for HDR. That’s it really. I wish auto color gamut was an option though instead of locking it to wide.
Rodney Nicotine likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #33237 of 36418 Old 10-28-2018, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I updated to the new 5.80.04 firmware. Visually, everything looks the same. But I’m now having ARC issues.

I have a Sony STR-DN1080 which used to work just fine with my 65C7. Everything goes through the receiver, and only TV audio goes back via CEC/ARC.

Well as of tonight, when I turn the TV off the receiver turns off and then immediately back on again, causing the TV to also turn itself on. I re-seated all my HDMI cables with no luck. For now I’ve just disabled CEC on the receiver entirely. A full power cycle tomorrow may fix it.

Fair warning for those looking to upgrade. This firmware seems to have changed something with CEC/ARC and prevents my DN1080 from turning off.
post #33238 of 36418 Old 10-28-2018, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevleviathan View Post
I updated to the new 5.80.04 firmware. Visually, everything looks the same. But I’m now having ARC issues.

I have a Sony STR-DN1080 which used to work just fine with my 65C7. Everything goes through the receiver, and only TV audio goes back via CEC/ARC.

Well as of tonight, when I turn the TV off the receiver turns off and then immediately back on again, causing the TV to also turn itself on. I re-seated all my HDMI cables with no luck. For now I’ve just disabled CEC on the receiver entirely. A full power cycle tomorrow may fix it.

Fair warning for those looking to upgrade. This firmware seems to have changed something with CEC/ARC and prevents my DN1080 from turning off.
I am using a Harmony remote and have CEC turned off in terms of allowing it to control on and off for both my receiver (Yamaha) and the TV. I am wondering if you noticed any difference with the ability of the TV to send sound to the receiver via ARC since the update? I still think I will wait a few days to see how others like the FW update before installing it myself. However, if there are problems sending sound via ARC, then I will probably skip it.
post #33239 of 36418 Old 10-28-2018, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:

Just for clarity, what you described is a CEC issue not an ARC issue.

Mark
post #33240 of 36418 Old 10-28-2018, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

I've tried the link to the firmware with three different browsers and can't get it to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page