2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1128 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980325Likes

post #33811 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im on 5.80.15, in Canada - off of the "engineer" NSU server set from the service menu. Previously had 5.80.04. No changes to image quality. Youtube no longer hangs for me - so thats a win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33812 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 2707 Post(s)
Liked: 2468
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
Australia is a PAL region so we can't use Korean firmware. I installed the UK version for the newer Dolby profile updates and the improved gamut settings handling.

The reports I am seeing say that some users that had installed the UK 5.80.04 are seeing the online update, and other users still back on the "official" Australian 4.70.71 version are also being updated.

I haven't actually been home to manually check for the update myself.

I am just surprised that Aus would be getting the most recent version before anywhere else....normally our releases lag by a LONG way (presumably due to the small market).
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
Actually that firmware is also on the German and UK LG site (or was when I last checked and upgraded my firmware).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdfanTO View Post
Im on 5.80.15, in Canada - off of the "engineer" NSU server set from the service menu. Previously had 5.80.04. No changes to image quality. Youtube no longer hangs for me - so thats a win
Well, it looks like there are all kinds of different revisions floating around - depending on your geography.

By design, each LG company is a discrete sales organization, and may request different features from the LG mothership. Obviously, this would include firmware. This also explains why the Korean FW releases are not universal to all possible iterations of a 7 series OLED.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #33813 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After upgrading my US B7a to 05.80.04, when I put my Apple TV 4k to sleep it will power off the TV and then power it back on about 10 seconds later.
Has anyone seen similar behavior?

Disabling CEC power controls on the TV "fixes" this, but now I can't turn the TV on and off from the Apple TV remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33814 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Real Cinema?

Not about firmware or anything but I recently tried real cinema off for sdr blu-ray playback and I found the motion to be better than with real cinema engaged? I also have true motion turned off as well and blu-ray playback seems less juddery to me?
post #33815 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6361 Post(s)
Liked: 6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdemski View Post
After upgrading my US B7a to 05.80.04, when I put my Apple TV 4k to sleep it will power off the TV and then power it back on about 10 seconds later.

Has anyone seen similar behavior?

Disabling CEC power controls on the TV "fixes" this, but now I can't turn the TV on and off from the Apple TV remote.

CEC is sporadic at best, one day it works the next it’s a poop show. That’s why many of us turn it off and use universal remotes instead.
post #33816 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6523 Post(s)
Liked: 6499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac1012 View Post
This is exactly what happened to mine. I kept calling LG until I got someone who listened.. When the tech came out he admitted seeing the line but wasn't sure they would at LG.. The people at LG are the ones that have to approve a panel replacement.
That is what it takes some time, talking to the right rep......
post #33817 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4417 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm still confused about two things with the C7...I've read many posts with differing opinions on this...right now I have Sharpness set to 10 across all modes and Edge Enhancer turned ON for all modes...is there a definitive answer to this:

1) what should Sharpness be set to?...meaning what is the best setting is with no additional Sharpness added to the image...normally the answer would be 0 (zero) but many people on here have stated to keep it at 10 because anything below 10 softens the image...even a well known calibrator on here stated to keep it at 10 ( @jrref )...is 10 the correct setting?

2) Edge Enhancer...this is another one giving me a headache...earlier in this thread some people tested this and stated that Edge Enhancer OFF disables the Sharpness control and Edge Enhancer ON enables the Sharpness control...somebody tested it with all the Picture Modes and stated the following: "Set Sharpness to 0 and then switch back and forth between Edge Enhancer ON/OFF and you'll see no change to the picture. Next, max out Sharpness to 50. Now switch back and forth between Edge Enhancer ON/OFF. You'll see a normal unsharpened image with OFF and ugly sharpening with ON. If you want to bypass artificial sharpening, keep Edge Enhancer OFF"

the 2nd question goes hand in hand with my first question about Sharpness...so if I set Sharpness to 10 and disable EE then that means that my Sharpness setting of 10 will not be recognized...I hope some of the experts on here can give me a definitive answer to these questions...thanks!
someone on AVS must know the definitive answer to this...
post #33818 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
That is what it takes some time, talking to the right rep......
I called tonight and was given two local service centers to call tomorrow.
I bought my panel from you over a year ago. So officially, it is out of warranty but the agent did not rule out covering it after the service rep diagnosis the problem.

So far so good.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #33819 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ12 View Post
My setup:

Yamaha RX-V781 connected to HDMI 2 on LG OLED65C7.
Devices connected to Yamaha receiver:
HTPC (HDMI1), Apple TV 4k (HDMI2), PS4 Pro (HDMI3) and cable tv tuner (HDMI4).

Only device which supports HDMI-CEC is the Apple TV 4k. (if you press the input button on LG OLED remote, you see the Apple tv as a sub device to the HDMI2 input)
https://imgur.com/YKfuDUq

I have to enable Simplink on LG, and HDMI control on Yamaha to get ARC, because I want sound through ARC for smart-tv apps like Netflix, Prime video etc.
When enabling this, and I use for example Netflix, the Yamaha receiver automatically switch to the assigned input for ARC. (AV1 on receiver)

My problem is that when leaving the smart-tv app/platform and back to HDMI2 (where I have 4 devices connected), it ALWAYS switches to the input for the ATV 4k (HDMI2 on receiver), regardless of the last input was for example my HTPC (on HDMI2 on receiver)

So freaking annoying, because I use a Harmony remote with activities, and the activity for HTPC is chosen but the receiver changes input to Apple Tv... then I have to choose another activity (PS4 for ex) and the back to HTPC...

How can I stop the HDMI-CEC on Apple TV? Or do any of you see another solution?
You can buy a HDMI cable that doesn't connect the wires for CEC. I forget what the search terms were but heard them mentioned in this thread about a couple hundred pages back, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac1012 View Post
This is exactly what happened to mine. I kept calling LG until I got someone who listened.. When the tech came out he admitted seeing the line but wasn't sure they would at LG.. The people at LG are the ones that have to approve a panel replacement.

He called in to a tech and started filming with the camera on his phone while the tech at LG tried to spot the problem.

Initially, the tech at LG said she couldn't see it. I got frustrated they were going to deny the claim so I got in the picture while he was filming and used my finger to point out the line from top to bottom.

That seemed to work as suddenly the remote tech saw the problem and approved the replacement. I've had the new panel since Sept and it looks great.

I don't plan on ever using the long pixel refresher and I don't think it will be triggered automatically again at 2000 hours. Even though my new panel only has a few hundred hours it must not have reset the mother board because in the settings it shows that I have well over 2K hours in.
That seems like such a bull**** way to determine whether to replace a couple thousand dollar faulty TV. Seeing a fault on live chat from a phone camera? Really?!

Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000.
post #33820 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal22 View Post
Not about firmware or anything but I recently tried real cinema off for sdr blu-ray playback and I found the motion to be better than with real cinema engaged? I also have true motion turned off as well and blu-ray playback seems less juddery to me?
Yes, turning off Real Cinema will make 24p camera pans seem less juddery because 3:2 pulldown gets engaged with Real Cinema off. Only thing is that you lose true 24fps cadence.

Setting Trumotion to 0 has the same effect. Turning on Trumotion automatically shuts off Real Cinema so you will see it grayed out when it is inactive.
post #33821 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm still confused about two things with the C7...I've read many posts with differing opinions on this...right now I have Sharpness set to 10 across all modes and Edge Enhancer turned ON for all modes...is there a definitive answer to this:

1) what should Sharpness be set to?...meaning what is the best setting is with no additional Sharpness added to the image...normally the answer would be 0 (zero) but many people on here have stated to keep it at 10 because anything below 10 softens the image...even a well known calibrator on here stated to keep it at 10 ( @jrref )...is 10 the correct setting?

2) Edge Enhancer...this is another one giving me a headache...earlier in this thread some people tested this and stated that Edge Enhancer OFF disables the Sharpness control and Edge Enhancer ON enables the Sharpness control...somebody tested it with all the Picture Modes and stated the following: "Set Sharpness to 0 and then switch back and forth between Edge Enhancer ON/OFF and you'll see no change to the picture. Next, max out Sharpness to 50. Now switch back and forth between Edge Enhancer ON/OFF. You'll see a normal unsharpened image with OFF and ugly sharpening with ON. If you want to bypass artificial sharpening, keep Edge Enhancer OFF"

the 2nd question goes hand in hand with my first question about Sharpness...so if I set Sharpness to 10 and disable EE then that means that my Sharpness setting of 10 will not be recognized...I hope some of the experts on here can give me a definitive answer to these questions...thanks!
I know this will sound counter intuitive, but if you turn the setting 'Edge Enhancer' to On, it will apply whatever sharpness you have set. So for example, if you had Edge Enhancer Off with a sharpness of 10, it does not apply any sharpening. However, if you had Edge Enhancer On with a sharpness of 10, it will apply 10 Sharpness. It is up to you if you like the sharpening or not. I would suggest leaving sharpness on 20 and have Edge Enhancer set to On for low rez (cable/sat/broadcast - 720P/1080i) signals. At the end of the day, it depends on the source material whether to leave it On or Off. Generally, the higher quality the source ( 4K/1080P ), you would want it Off.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #33822 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4417 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
I know this will sound counter intuitive, but if you turn the setting 'Edge Enhancer' to On, it will apply whatever sharpness you have set. So for example, if you had Edge Enhancer Off with a sharpness of 10, it does not apply any sharpening. However, if you had Edge Enhancer On with a sharpness of 10, it will apply 10 Sharpness. It is up to you if you like the sharpening or not. I would suggest leaving sharpness on 20 and have Edge Enhancer set to On for low rez (cable/sat/broadcast - 720P/1080i) signals. At the end of the day, it depends on the source material whether to leave it On or Off. Generally, the higher quality the source ( 4K/1080P ), you would want it Off.
as far as the Edge Enhancer setting yes that's the same thing I heard about it...that it pretty much enables/disables the Sharpness setting...but that leads into my 2nd question about what Sharpness should be set to...I've read that Sharpness at 10 is actually resulting in an actual Sharpness of 0...and that anything below 10 is softening the image...just like with the Edge Enhancer setting, LG's naming/title is confusing and actually has the opposite effect...so by enabling Edge Enhancer (meaning enabled the Sharpness setting) my setting of Sharpness= 10 (which really equals Sharpness= 0) is working correctly...I hope that made sense
post #33823 of 36178 Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtv View Post
That seems like such a bull**** way to determine whether to replace a couple thousand dollar faulty TV. Seeing a fault on live chat from a phone camera? Really?!

It's completely absurd which is why I was getting frustrated as it was going down and stepped into the frame to point at the problem .

It's obviously going to be difficult for a tech to see the issue via a live cell phone feed!!

The "tech" that stopped out literally knew less about OLEDs than my 14 year old. He was there to point his camera and call LG. Replacing the panel itself required nothing more than the ability to use a phillips head screwdriver.

At the end of the day I have no complaints because they did replace the panel but I wonder how many people who weren't as aggressive have been denied a replacement. There was no way I was going to accept no for an answer 15 months after dropping over 2K on a TV. If they had denied me I planned on calling and emailing them every day (Shawshank Redemption style) until they made it right.
post #33824 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
You can buy a HDMI cable that doesn't connect the wires for CEC. I forget what the search terms were but heard them mentioned in this thread about a couple hundred pages back, lol!
Thanks, I bought a LINDY HDMI CEC Less Adapter. Hope that will work!
post #33825 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
as far as the Edge Enhancer setting yes that's the same thing I heard about it...that it pretty much enables/disables the Sharpness setting...but that leads into my 2nd question about what Sharpness should be set to...I've read that Sharpness at 10 is actually resulting in an actual Sharpness of 0...and that anything below 10 is softening the image...just like with the Edge Enhancer setting, LG's naming/title is confusing and actually has the opposite effect...so by enabling Edge Enhancer (meaning enabled the Sharpness setting) my setting of Sharpness= 10 (which really equals Sharpness= 0) is working correctly...I hope that made sense
I’ve always been confused by this also and things like this don’t help.

“The ‘Edge Enhancer’ setting in the Expert Picture Mode Settings does not increase sharpness; the default ‘On’ setting is a bypass function, and is therefore recommended”

https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...OLED%20TVs.pdf

“Edge Enhancer was left to 'On' as this setting is not active when set to on (this can be a bit counterintuitive).”

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled/settings

Personally, I see no difference between Sharpness 10 with EE on and Sharpness 10 with EE off, but I think that’s expected. I do start to see a difference as Sharpness nears 18.

I also see no difference between Sharpness 10 EE off and Sharpness 50 EE off.
TitusTroy likes this.
post #33826 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Personally, I see no difference between Sharpness 10 with EE on and Sharpness 10 with EE off, but I think that’s expected. I do start to see a difference as Sharpness nears 18.

If I get nose up to the screen, I can see a difference on test patterns between sharpness at 10 and at 0 (EE on, off renders sharpness setting moot). At that distance, 0 is softer than 10. Whether or not it's artificially softer, I couldn't tell you. Anything higher than 10 starts introducing faint ringing, and at 20 those artifacts are clear as a bell (even in game mode, where 20 has been recommended).

Of course, this is all testing with my face right up on the screen. At normal sitting distance (~8 ft in my case) I honestly see no real difference between 0 and around 15. For that reason I set it to 10, on all modes, and called it good.
cherry ghost likes this.
post #33827 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Just to throw a monkey wrench, D-Nice (calibrator who frequents these forums, for those who don't know) stated the following about Edge Enhancer being turned on as per the Calibration Notes document:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
The Edge Enhancer setting the document is only referencing HDR. It should turned off in SDR.
post #33828 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
Just to throw a monkey wrench, D-Nice (calibrator who frequents these forums, for those who don't know) stated the following about Edge Enhancer being turned on as per the Calibration Notes document:
My question would then be; does EE off equal EE on with Sharpness 10, EE on with Sharpness 0, something else, or is there no correlation?
post #33829 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:

That is what the tech did here with a live feed with LG for my stuck pixel. Luckily it was very easily seen.

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield
post #33830 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
Now you've got me doubting my testing methods, dang it! I'm absolutely certain that I tested both EE on and off in SDR. At standard viewing distance, Sharpness at 50 with EE on resulted in hilarious oversharpening. Sharpness at 50 with EE off was the same as 0 (or 10). Curiouser and curiouser.
post #33831 of 36178 Old 12-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
That is what the tech did here with a live feed with LG for my stuck pixel. Luckily it was very easily seen.
No wonder they're not replacing panels for tinting or banding on 10% gray slides then...

Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000.
post #33832 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I’ve always been confused by this also and things like this don’t help.

“The ‘Edge Enhancer’ setting in the Expert Picture Mode Settings does not increase sharpness; the default ‘On’ setting is a bypass function, and is therefore recommended”

https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...OLED%20TVs.pdf

“Edge Enhancer was left to 'On' as this setting is not active when set to on (this can be a bit counterintuitive).”

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled/settings

EE ON = additional sharpening allowed (Sharpness >25)
EE ON = No additional sharpening allowed

I think that
EE ON + Sharpness 25 = EE OFF + Sharpness 50
(or at least I can find no difference)

EE ON with Sharpness 50 produces lots of artifacts (for example when looking at a forest from above)

I don't know why they didn't simply integrate that into the Sharpness setting. It absolutely is no "bypass function".
post #33833 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For the past few weeks I've been having trouble streaming Amazon Prime Video on my C7. It freezes up every 3 minutes or so. Anyone else having this issue? I have the C7 hard-wired and I get about 95 Mbps. I did a speed test using the browser and it is getting the full download speed. I don't have this problem with Netflix on the C7. The confusing thing is that when I stream Prime Video on my PC, I don't get the constant freezing. What's going on here?
post #33834 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Vincent from hdtest and friend evilboris made a video on Destiny 2 HDR brightness/dark issues and how to set things properly. Since OLED and Destiny 2 darkness issues go hand in hand for some people I thought I'd post it here.

It made my OLED perform better in dark areas and more details are visible now. Watch the entire 10 minute video to understand Bungie's dark/bright philosophy.

Bungie also fixed a few areas that had other issues with this last patch such as the IO LS and Nessus Failsafe entrances.

Summary: HDR dark/bright is based off of your SDR setting from pre-HDR Destiny, the 1 thru 7 box you selected in SDR Destiny settings.

-shutdown Destiny

-turn off HDR on your console

-start Destiny, go to settings, and set the brightness to 4 (default)

-shutdown Destiny

-turn on HDR on your console

-start Destiny, go to settings

-set the white-point as per instructions

-set the black-point exactly in the middle, 49 or 50 clicks from either side, try to find the exact middle.

Apparently a lot of games have created their HDR brightness/contrast profiles the same way so this may help in other games too. Watch the entire video to gain insight into Bungie's dark/bright philosophy.

Don't let Vincent's humor sway you if you're not familiar, his reviews and advice are top tier, he is well respected on AVSforums, etc.
@sonoftumble

post #33835 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathodeRay View Post
Vincent from hdtest and friend evilboris made a video on Destiny 2 HDR brightness/dark issues and how to set things properly. Since OLED and Destiny 2 darkness issues go hand in hand for some people I thought I'd post it here.

It made my OLED perform better in dark areas and more details are visible now. Watch the entire 10 minute video to understand Bungie's dark/bright philosophy.

Bungie also fixed a few areas that had other issues with this last patch such as the IO LS and Nessus Failsafe entrances.

Summary: HDR dark/bright is based off of your SDR setting from pre-HDR Destiny, the 1 thru 7 box you selected in SDR Destiny settings.

-shutdown Destiny

-turn off HDR on your console

-start Destiny, go to settings, and set the brightness to 4 (default)

-shutdown Destiny

-turn on HDR on your console

-start Destiny, go to settings

-set the white-point as per instructions

-set the black-point exactly in the middle, 49 or 50 clicks from either side, try to find the exact middle.

Apparently a lot of games have created their HDR brightness/contrast profiles the same way so this may help in other games too. Watch the entire video to gain insight into Bungie's dark/bright philosophy.

Don't let Vincent's humor sway you if you're not familiar, his reviews and advice are top tier, he is well respected on AVSforums, etc.
@sonoftumble
Agree. I think Vincent's product reviews and other technical info/comparisons are top notch.

post #33836 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Does anyone else have Sono's products hooked up to their B/C/E 7? I have a B7A with a new Sonos beam plugged in via HDMI2/ARC and then 2 Sono's One's paired for surrounds. So basically I have a 5.0 setup as I do not have a subwoofer, I have the same setup with a subwoofer in my living room hooked up to a KS8000.

So anyways I been reading a lot about audio and lip sync issues with LG tv's and sound bars, in particular the the playbar/playbase/beam. Now I cannot do anything but focus on peoples mouths while they talk, whether its tv or playing a game. I noticed there seems to be NO issue when watching the tv app's such as Netflix, etc. But watching cable or playing a game (RDR2) on X1X it seems to be a slight delay. So annoying. Anyone else have this type of setup and notice this issue or know of a fix?
post #33837 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 31
It looks like the UK website has now listed the 5.80.10 update with release notes as follows FWIW:

[05.80.10]
1. To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
2. Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)
post #33838 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It looks like the UK website has now listed the 5.80.10 update with release notes as follows FWIW:

[05.80.10]
1. To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
#2 sounds interesting.

post #33839 of 36178 Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

[05.80.10]
Doesn't mean that due to No. 2 you can throw your calibration settings out of the window ?
If the luminance curve is changed the basic foundation is changed.
post #33840 of 36178 Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
#2 sounds interesting.
Sounds very interesting indeed.
Can't wait to test it this evening on my B7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page