2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980425Likes

post #33961 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
No Auto Update for me...still on 05.80.04
Same here. Are we sure people in the US have started getting this update OTA?
lax01 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33962 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 79
My update to 5.80.15 came the old fashion way via the TV being connected to the internet. When I started seeing OTA here I wondered how? I have no antenna connected.
post #33963 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpileggi View Post
My update to 5.80.15 came the old fashion way via the TV being connected to the internet. When I started seeing OTA here I wondered how? I have no antenna connected.
That’s what they mean ota through internet instead of usb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #33964 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
LG Switzerland released 05.80.10 a few days ago.

Release notes:
Quote:
1) To improve that the subtitle is not displayed when HbbTV app in on. (except US Model)
2) Change HDR luminance curve. (webOS4.0 O18 Model)
post #33965 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
I am not 100% sure what the LG TVs do with an incoming audio signal that is already ARC compatible. Ideally, it would just pass the audio through without processing, and that would solve the delay issues since the TV would no longer be re-encoding the audio.

You could try making sure your XBox is always outputting Dolby bitstream audio rather than "Multichannel". The Multichannel mode refers to multichannel PCM, which exceeds the bandwidth capacity of ARC. If the XBox outputs a regular Dolby bitstream, which is ARC compatible, there is a chance that the TV will just let it on through.

You could also experiment with setting the XBox to output just stereo audio and see if that fixes the delay too. If so, then at least you know that the TV is able to pass stereo without any conversion.

Someone more knowledgeable on the LG's audio processing may be able to chime in and save you some experimenting though. It's one thing to know what a TV can do from a feature standpoint, but it is another thing to dig deep into the subtle ways in which it achieves those features that make the difference when you encounter problems like these.

Here is what my Xbox is set to:

Under Audio Output then under Speaker Audio I have "HDMI Audio" "Bitstream Out" the other options are "off", "5.1 uncompressed audio", "7.1 uncompressed audio" and "bitstream out". I tried 5.1 and this is the error I get: "There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both can't be turned off. (0x80bd0009).

So for whatever reason I can't use that, baffling. I seen this seems to be a common problem too, so I chose bitstream out. Then under Bitstream format I can choose "DTS Digital Surround" which when I select there is no sound at all, "Dolby Digital" which is what I have selected, or "Dolby Atmos for home theater (HDMI Only)".

I have tried several different combinations of things and it seems as if I am SOL unless I turn off the surround for PCM which fixes that audio lip sync delay but obviously not taking advantage of my surround sounds. Really sucking playing $2000 plus for a tv and then another large sum of money for Sonos speakers and beam sound bar.

I really appreciate your help so far MrQuade, not sure if I have many other options at this point.
post #33966 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeezy13 View Post
So for whatever reason I can't use that, baffling. I seen this seems to be a common problem too, so I chose bitstream out. Then under Bitstream format I can choose "DTS Digital Surround" which when I select there is no sound at all, "Dolby Digital" which is what I have selected, or "Dolby Atmos for home theater (HDMI Only)".
The Bitstream and Dolby combination would be the ideal combination in your situation I would have thought. It seems that the TV still processed that bitstream rather than just passing it through to the Sonos. That is a big shame .

The 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed options are the multichannel PCM options that I spoke about, so that is not so surprising that they don't work. I originally had my XBox One plugged in through the TV's inputs prior to upgrading my own receiver to enable 4K capabilities. It was that long ago that I can't remember what compromises I had to make, but I do recall having a bad time with audio/video sync that I never really fully overcame.
post #33967 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
New Firmware 05.80.15 is on the US LG site.

[05.80.15]
1. To improve Intermittent no audio issue during watching LiveTV

http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile...MEuveFOK7nRx9g
Weaselboy, TravisPNW and ndukechi like this.
post #33968 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjih View Post

[05.80.15]

Seems like no HDR luminance change, only for 2018 models.
post #33969 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Well 26 hours later on new panel and it's worse. Here is a image of the Xbox one x screen. We are seeing it in regular content also. Time supposed to help this some,. Yet this going in the wrong direction. My previous set minus that stuck pixel that developed was almost perfect and hardly could ever see banding. Wondering if I will ever find one like it. Guess I am now officially deep in the lottery now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181212_162322_1544673890189.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	2496148  

LG C7 65"|Xbox One X|PS4 Pro|Nvidia Shield
post #33970 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6669 Post(s)
Liked: 6666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
Well 26 hours later on new panel and it's worse. Here is a image of the Xbox one x screen. We are seeing it in regular content also. Time supposed to help this some,. Yet this going in the wrong direction. My previous set minus that stuck pixel that developed was almost perfect and hardly could ever see banding. Wondering if I will ever find one like it. Guess I am now officially deep in the lottery now.
What happened to this previous set, screen swap due to stuck pixel?
post #33971 of 36406 Old 12-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Quote:
What happened to this previous set, screen swap due to stuck pixel?

Thanks for jumping in bro. Regrettably after new panel looked good he took it. I'm gonna call tomorrow and see of he still has it. He ended up being a really good guy who told me to call him if issue on his direct line.. so hopefully a swap could happen fast while another panel is ordered. the crazy thing is we checked the TV when we first turned it on we checked gray scales everything. it did not look that bad. This thing has progressively gotten worse within 26 hours. it's just crazy how fast this thing is disintegratimg. Scary as hell. It's even within seconds having image retention issues. Other panel never showed such retention. This panel would burn in fast. So bummed.

Last edited by Datagg; 12-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.
post #33972 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 125
An update for LG 2017 OLEDs - Calibrated Settings for Xbox One X / Gaming:

• Added V5 - EXPERIMENTAL HDR Game profile tuned for HIGH Dynamic Contrast: it's a totally new proposal for a MUCH brighter HDR (even more bright than HDR Technicolor with Active HDR) trying also to eredicate most of HIGH DC negative effects and be as accurate as possible at the same time. FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED

To eliminate/compensate HIGH Dynamic Contrast negative effects on PQ:

EDIT (14/12/2018):
  • Raised Brightness from 50 to 53: this will fix most introduced black crush, while some will remain very slightly. It's the highest value that can be set before loosing "perfect blacks" of OLEDs;
  • Color Gamut set from Auto to WIDE + Color 44: when DC is set to High, I noticed that Auto color gamut will suddenly show wrong/muted colors (especially muted oranges/yellows and magenta) and all of them become undersaturated. Switching to WIDE made oranges/yellows back to normal, and considering WIDE is oversaturated with same settings compared to Auto, setting its Color to 44 gave back a very comparable accuracy to Technicolor
  • Color Temperature is back to W50

I'm very impressed by far with this new experiment, as I was able to achieve an even brighter image than HDR Technicolor with Active HDR, but with no highlights clipping (typical of PC HDR Standard) and mostly accurate colors. The only visible downside is a very very slight black crush, that can not be fixed without losing also perfect blacks, but it's not bad at all.

Both Battlefield V and Forza Horizon 4 look mind blowing with this new setup, but any FEEDBACK to further improve it is always welcomed.

Give it a spin and let me know what you think

Last edited by P40L0; 12-14-2018 at 05:18 AM.
post #33973 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABeezy13 View Post

Under Audio Output then under Speaker Audio I have "HDMI Audio" "Bitstream Out" the other options are "off", "5.1 uncompressed audio", "7.1 uncompressed audio" and "bitstream out". I tried 5.1 and this is the error I get: "There was a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both can't be turned off. (0x80bd0009).

I have tried several different combinations of things and it seems as if I am SOL unless I turn off the surround for PCM which fixes that audio lip sync delay but obviously not taking advantage of my surround sounds. Really sucking playing $2000 plus for a tv and then another large sum of money for Sonos speakers and beam sound bar.

I really appreciate your help so far MrQuade, not sure if I have many other options at this point.

Any reason to not run the xbox through the soundbar to the TV so the audio doesn't go through the TV at all?

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #33974 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
Any reason to not run the xbox through the soundbar to the TV so the audio doesn't go through the TV at all?
It doesn't pass video as far as I can tell.
post #33975 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
It doesn't pass video as far as I can tell.

So it connects via HDMI to the ARC port but doesn't have any other HDMI inputs? What model is this?

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #33976 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Image retention - time frame? Besides the banding on new panel, I have noticed bad image retention occurring fast. Only had the previous panel which didn't exhibit any of this "retention" even remotely close to this time frame and wondering as a comparison how long should it take to occur. I just filmed a realtime video of a Youtube page showing thumbnail previews, 20-30 seconds later flipping it and seeing ghost/retention of previous screen. This is occurring way to fast isnt it? - i know my previous panel would never do this. Anyways wanted to see if i could get your take on it also as i gather up evidence that this new panel is garbage. The banding issue is enough on its own, but this issue has me questioning the severity of it time wise and implications of burn in quickly with it.

Thanks guys. https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApnNuz2BBxatgakFta1t0M0Q0K7Eyg

Last edited by Datagg; 12-13-2018 at 09:15 AM.
post #33977 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
So it connects via HDMI to the ARC port but doesn't have any other HDMI inputs? What model is this?
I'm not really familiar with the Sonos ecosystem, but I looked at a few models.

The Play 3, and Play 5 which look like they *could* be used as a main speaker lack HDMI and moost phyisical inputs altogether, so they aren't the ones.
The Playbase and Playbar which look like regular soundbars in form factor also lack HDMI, but do have optical, so also not the ones.

The "Beam" has a single HDMI port supporting ARC.

It's entirely possible there are others that didn't show up on the website, but if so, you'd also want to check if they pass 4K HDMI 2.0a HDCP2.2 signals.
post #33978 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjih View Post

[05.80.15]

The download it gives doesn’t appear to be anything the tv can even recognize. It’s just a generically named “software file”
post #33979 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The download it gives doesn’t appear to be anything the tv can even recognize. It’s just a generically named “software file”

Rename to file to something and add zip extension eg: "software.zip" extract files then upgrade as usual
post #33980 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Image retention - time frame? Besides the banding on new panel, I have noticed bad image retention occurring fast. Only had the previous panel which didn't exhibit any of this "retention" even remotely close to this time frame and wondering as a comparison how long should it take to occur. I just filmed a realtime video of a Youtube page showing thumbnail previews, 20-30 seconds later flipping it and seeing ghost/retention of previous screen. This is occurring way to fast isnt it? - i know my previous panel would never do this. Anyways wanted to see if i could get your take on it also as i gather up evidence that this new panel is garbage. The banding issue is enough on its own, but this issue has me questioning the severity of it time wise and implications of burn in quickly with it.

Thanks guys. https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApnNuz2BBxatgakFta1t0M0Q0K7Eyg
Well looking on the net it appears this is quite normal. I only had my previous panel to compare to and that one took hours for retention where this one is seconds. Guess i need to calm down over the retention issue, guess my previous panel was far superior in that regard. Just my gut tells me if it is doing this retention thing within seconds it spells quicker burn in. I baby this thing and its always a concern especially now.

On a side note. The banding has actually calmed down some. Hasn't gone away just less pronounced. Still can see in content, like Marco polo 14 minute mark for instance, yet is better than yesterday. I have run the pixel refresh multiple times to see if this would clear some and it has. Hopefully it fades even more.

post #33981 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Works for me. Also available from the Korean site.

https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/d...currentPageNo=
TravisPNW likes this.
post #33982 of 36406 Old 12-13-2018, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 56
LG Support IS Terrible!

It's been three weeks and three phone calls after sending pictures to show I have a panel problem and they kept putting me off. LG lied, and lied, and lied and stated they would get back to me each time in 2-3 days. I sent them the attached pictures. My warranty runs out Feb. 28 next year. I thought about buying the extended service from them but not too sure after this type of service! Now I'm waiting for local repair.....now going on almost four weeks after initial contact. I originally bought the set from Crutchfield who advised me to try factory reset, and unplug it overnight, and pixel refresh, none of suggestions got rid of the half dark screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_205002.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	2496608   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_205751.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	2496610   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_205249.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	369.4 KB
ID:	2496612   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_205540.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	2496614  

Last edited by fireman1000; 12-13-2018 at 07:49 PM.
post #33983 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hello, yesterday I noticed for the first time in the 4 months I've had the TV that when I turn it on it gave me like a "welcome tone" like a 3 beep sequence... And then when shutting it off it also made the same noise but only a single tone.... Did I accidentally turn on a setting that does this? I swear it's never made these sounds before..... It's very annoying
post #33984 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertczek View Post
Hello, yesterday I noticed for the first time in the 4 months I've had the TV that when I turn it on it gave me like a "welcome tone" like a 3 beep sequence... And then when shutting it off it also made the same noise but only a single tone.... Did I accidentally turn on a setting that does this? I swear it's never made these sounds before..... It's very annoying

All settings —> Accessibility —> TV Power Sound
T-smith and sonoftumble like this.
post #33985 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Well looking on the net it appears this is quite normal. I only had my previous panel to compare to and that one took hours for retention where this one is seconds. Guess i need to calm down over the retention issue, guess my previous panel was far superior in that regard. Just my gut tells me if it is doing this retention thing within seconds it spells quicker burn in. I baby this thing and its always a concern especially now.

On a side note. The banding has actually calmed down some. Hasn't gone away just less pronounced. Still can see in content, like Marco polo 14 minute mark for instance, yet is better than yesterday. I have run the pixel refresh multiple times to see if this would clear some and it has. Hopefully it fades even more.
That would be my first suggestion.

I've seen this "instant retention" that you speak of on mine... when I've used the YouTube app and the little squares that are on screen have stayed for a few seconds when I changed to something else. A very short while later they are gone... and after 1850 hours my panel after running multiple color slides has no retention or burn in.

Take a deep breath. It will be fine. The panels are absolutely sick. I love mine!
Datagg likes this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
post #33986 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
So this morning I get a notification from Alexa that my B7 has been detected and is controllable. Maybe some undocumented change from the new firmware? Apparently the 2018 models had this support already. Just an interesting observation.
post #33987 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
So this morning I get a notification from Alexa that my B7 has been detected and is controllable. Maybe some undocumented change from the new firmware? Apparently the 2018 models had this support already. Just an interesting observation.
Have you tried controlling the tv with Alexa yet. I use a harmony hub with my echo dot and it works well. I’m suprised it paired automatically.
post #33988 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
Have you tried controlling the tv with Alexa yet. I use a harmony hub with my echo dot and it works well. I’m suprised it paired automatically.
I did see that my echo dot comes up on list of Bluetooth items available but it won’t pair with the tv. I’m still waiting to get the new firmware update but it says no update found still.
post #33989 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
Yeah, I've been using the Alexa/Harmony combo, it's so good. I haven't tried the native alexa support yet, I got the notification while I was at work, I'm guessing my tv autoupdated while I was gone. Didn't think too much of it until I saw a 2017 owner say that the same thing happened to him after updating the firmware.

The autopairing is a thing, I bought a new vizio for the kitchen and my alexa autopaired with that. Only problem is it broke my alexa/harmony activity for "turn on tv", as it seems any tv it pairs with just takes the generic name "TV".
post #33990 of 36406 Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
Yeah, I've been using the Alexa/Harmony combo, it's so good. I haven't tried the native alexa support yet, I got the notification while I was at work, I'm guessing my tv autoupdated while I was gone. Didn't think too much of it until I saw a 2017 owner say that the same thing happened to him after updating the firmware.

The autopairing is a thing, I bought a new vizio for the kitchen and my alexa autopaired with that. Only problem is it broke my alexa/harmony activity for "turn on tv", as it seems any tv it pairs with just takes the generic name "TV".

Humm. In “general/about this tv” what is the WebOS version. Was it upgraded from version 3.x to version 4.x? Related, if you bring up the browser and go to www.google.com does it still complain about running an old version of Chrome?

I’d check but I have not received the update yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page