2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980425Likes

post #34081 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
My 77G7 got the update yesterday and I see no issues at all. I’m actually not sure what this update does.
Okay good to know. I guess I will have to update and hope for the best. Its too annoying getting the firmware update notification every time I turn on the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34082 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337Dude View Post
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. I'm in Game Mode and with PC mode as the input. It's not specifically the mouse but affects all the input. It's not just delayed, but it's also very inconsistent (sometimes missing motions and clicks).

This makes me think that there's another factor causing the issue. Perhaps it's an issue specific to the 1080Ti or 10xx series? I'm convinced the issue is somewhere in the combination of my card and the TV. Considering the issue begins with support for the 20xx series cards and RTX, the issue probably is closer to the foundation than something I can fix on the service. It just sucks because this issue doesn't seem like it will get fixed considering nobody else appears to be experiencing it. Usually running DDU fixes driver issues as a last resort but it's just not cutting it here.
Do you change any single option after installing the driver in the Nvidia settings?
I'm not using PC input on the LG, just the default one. You might want to test switching the HDMI input on the screen or even reset it completely.

But you also wrote about missing clicks, that has absolutely nothing to do with the screen and would more point to the mainboard, usb or wireless connection (if the mouse is wireless).
post #34083 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
My 77G7 got the update yesterday and I see no issues at all. I’m actually not sure what this update does.
Folks,
1st x I ACTUALLY got an update thru the TV!!!! I've always had to use the USB route...….and I have NO idea what it does this time....so far!1. Improvement

From LG website: "1) To improve Intermittent no audio issue during watching LiveTV"
sonoftumble likes this.

Last edited by BobWalters; 12-18-2018 at 04:26 AM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34084 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 57
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsknuds View Post
I just updated to the newest firmware on my 65c7p (5.80.15) this evening, and already I'm experiencing some issues.

Was watching a movie on Vudu, and the screen froze for about 30 seconds, and then the TV shut off. I started it back up, and an hour later it did the same thing, only this time the entire TV froze, and I couldn't even access the menus.

Anyone else experienced this?
Keep an eye, if this happens again (random freezes, TV shutdown,...) especially with different apps, it’s a sign of a dying motherboard. If you are under warranty, next time it happens call LG support.

If it happens only w Vudu, try reinstalling the app. You can also try a soft reboot. Some of the steps I was told by LG before authorizing a repair.
post #34085 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 166
2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGadget View Post
If its only 5 out of 100000 people that have problems with the firmware I will definitely update my TV.

Apparently rollback of firmware can be done with something called LGDTVupdater, but seems to involve changing IP-adresses and all other kinds of steps, but at least it seems to be possible.

EDIT: Or actually it is maybe only possible for the 2016 LG OLED TV´s, and not for the 2017 models, i´m not sure? The ones I've seen online seems to be 2016 TV´s?

Why are you so eager to roll back or not accept firmware updates that clearly are fixing or adding features to a great tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #34086 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
Do you change any single option after installing the driver in the Nvidia settings?
I'm not using PC input on the LG, just the default one. You might want to test switching the HDMI input on the screen or even reset it completely.

But you also wrote about missing clicks, that has absolutely nothing to do with the screen and would more point to the mainboard, usb or wireless connection (if the mouse is wireless).
I appreciate the help but I'm not accusing the screen of being the culprit. I'm accusing the new NVIDIA 4xx driver series. Using the 1080 Ti, it simply doesn't want to play nice with the C7.

It's frustrating because this video card isn't cheap, but I'm not really finding any solutions. I'm basically going to be stuck with old drivers until I run into compatibility issues.
post #34087 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I've noticed ever since updating to 5.80.xx (and I got the second OTA update last night) that I've had motion issues, all on non-24p content (like sitcoms). There is a constant stutter, almost like a frame is missing every 5-10 seconds. My panel and main board had been switched out before thanksgiving, but the issue really presented itself to me over the past couple of weeks.

I tried a different HDMI cable. Didn't work. I tried changing the frame rate option under the video settings on my Apple TV 4K (which I have set at 4K SDR 60 btw) - I never used it as "on" before, just used the "range" option. Interestingly, once I changed the Frame rate to on, it fixed the motion issue (this setting forces the AppleTV 4k to output content in it's native frame rate instead everything at 60hz). Since I'd never had to use this option before, I unselected it and started to make adjustments to the TV settings.

This is what I found out:
All of the motion settings are always turned off in my TV settings and "Real Cinema" is turned on by default (I'm under the technicolor preset, btw). On non-24p content, the RealMotion setting is causing this frame stutter. As soon as I turned it to "off" the stutter instantly stopped. Also, If I enabled the "user" mode under motion settings and set everything to "0" (which greys out realcinema) this also resolved the stutter. Never once had this problem before (and my Apple TV hasn't gotten any updates in the past couple of weeks to cause this). It's almost like the TV is applying the RealCinema to everything, where it's only supposed to detect 24p content. Seems like it's adding processing and not detecting 60hz properly.

Anyone else noticed weird issues like this?

Also, side note: I had a ton of drama a month or so back with HDMI cables - I had Monoprice premium certified 15ft cables run through my wall for 6 months and then randomly started having ton of handshake issues with my ATV4K - image would randomly cut out, show static and then go to "no input found". Instead of calling an installer back out, I just attached my apple TV to the back of my TV with command strips and I'm using the Belkin 6ft 48gb bandwidth cable that apple sells (but I got it through amazon). No handshake issues and I've been running at chroma 4:4:4. I also bought an amazon HDMI cable and I tried that as well, 6ft, and had no issues. However I'm using the Belkin cable since it offers higher bandwidth....juuuust in case. Also the 15ft Amazon cable which I was going to have the installer use had I chose to go that route, worked fine at 15ft - no issues. Just thought I'd put this info out into the wild in case anyone ever has handshake issues with the ATV4K.
post #34088 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Men I have a question. I had my panel replaced months back. It developed a line down the middle after the 2,000 hour forced Pixel refresh. My new panel is great but now at about 1300 hours showing since the Tech accidentally reset my motherboard during the install.

I'm scared that at 2000 hours this one will be ruined as well. I'm on 2nd OLED, originally had a 2016 that did the same thing. Now I have 17 and am on 2nd panel. My question is...... Is there a way to disable the forced comp cycle at 2000 hours? Service menu? I have no idea how to get in there. I've been reading but haven't seen anything definite on this.

Also got the prompt for the new update, is it safe? Thanks for your help guys. I really want to turn off that refresh at 2000 hours. I was so upset when tech reset the timer. Does it happen every 2000 hours or just the first? Thanks again!
post #34089 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6668 Post(s)
Liked: 6661
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner54 View Post
Men I have a question. I had my panel replaced months back. It developed a line down the middle after the 2,000 hour forced Pixel refresh.
Interesting so right after the pixel refresh, it had a line in the screen? Not even 5 minutes went by?
post #34090 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1964 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Interesting so right after the pixel refresh, it had a line in the screen? Not even 5 minutes went by?
I have a similar experience. After a message was displayed that a pixel refresh occurred, the "line" could be seen on some content, where the right side is brighter than the left.

- Rich
Ricker62 likes this.

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #34091 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337Dude View Post
I appreciate the help but I'm not accusing the screen of being the culprit. I'm accusing the new NVIDIA 4xx driver series. Using the 1080 Ti, it simply doesn't want to play nice with the C7.

It's frustrating because this video card isn't cheap, but I'm not really finding any solutions. I'm basically going to be stuck with old drivers until I run into compatibility issues.
One last thing to check, maybe there's a firmware upgrade for your card out. Sometimes such updates are released by the manufacturers. Don't use a third party one, only an official, if there is one.
post #34092 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Plasma TV's did have a nice picture, but you should notice a pretty big jump in over all picture quality, run any 4K yet?

Overall the picture on the OLED is much better but it also depends on the content. For instance, I had the plasma and OLED side by side and watched some of Jack Ryan in HD and 4K DV on the OLED. Some scenes were almost exactly the same on both panels from the usual sitting distance, 9FT. Others you can see the better OLED picture. DV adds some subtle differences in some scenes. Episode 2 when the French Swat team was arriving, the flashing blue lights on their vehicles and headlights really stood out in a noticeable way.

Watch part of Avengers Infinity War in 4KDV last night. Head and shoulders better than the plasma.

Football through cable was close. Watched Saints/Panthers on ESPN. Great pic on both. OLED may be a little better. From comments on here about how bad some peoples scaling was on cable content I was prepared for a somewhat mediocre experience but so far it has been excellent. Motion handling has been superb.
post #34093 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Got my update this morning. So far so good. Anything I should look out for?

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
post #34094 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Okay but I was under the impression that you can revert back to an older firmware by installing an firmware update file manually through a USB memory, I'm sure I've seen it explained online on more than one website.

Yes I get that annoying notification to update the firmware every time I turn on the TV, even though I have automatic updates set to no. Is there some way to make it so these firmware update notifications doesn't come up every time the TV is turned on?

I just want to be sure that the firmware update does not cause any problems, I know it has happened before that firmware updates causes problems instead of doing good things. But I haven't heard too much about the 05.80.10 update online?
I will gladly update if I know everything will be fine.

2016 models had some way to do it, but 2017 and newer there is no way to go back to an older firmware that I have ever seen mentioned anywhere.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #34095 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Got the OTA update last night (I think that's the first one I didn't force from the Korean website via USB) - will report back any issues (if any)

Josh
post #34096 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Got the OTA update last night (I think that's the first one I didn't force from the Korean website via USB) - will report back any issues (if any)
Got the OTA last night on my 2017 E7 what exactly was updated anyone know...........?
post #34097 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Yes sir, right after the 2000 hour refresh.
Ricker62 likes this.
post #34098 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
None that I’ve noticed and I don’t know of anyone that does a good job with detailing what their updates bring, “various improvements” or “bug fixes” being a few of my favorites. I’ve sat on updates before, but usually cave after too many notifications it’s out there.

As for old updates, LG is quick to pull them since there is no going back once you update and remember most owners aren’t like us, so the value/hassle of letting one choose is greater then what might be best for the few that might know the how, what, why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
As a Denon X4300H user, I suggest you get a Denon
Please note, at least here in Switzerland, the last years X4400 and X3400 are currently up to 50% off. For 4k reasons, I suggest you get an X3400 as a minimum. Check the Denon thread for more information about this detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Greetings from an Iowa native and Hawkeye. Good choices on the AVR options, but I would encourage you to look at last year’s models, I picked up a new Denon 4300 for just a little more than your budget last year around this time. Easy way to get more for your $. Go with whatever meets your needs as in required features. One with decent room correction can be a plus too, ARC for me with Denon has been rock solid, but I don’t mess with CEC, too many variables. Soundbars can be a mixed bag (see lip synch), so I’d go the receiver route if possible and then you can expand - see ATMOS - when possible. Lots of great speaker options that sound very good at a reasonable price too.

Plus one on the Harmony, I’ve been using them since inception. While I have no problem playing remote roulette, the rest of the family would. Nice to hit a function and not worry about what remote you need next.

To go off topic, just watched the Equalizer 2, look great on my B7 and I throughly enjoyed the Atmos mix - very detailed with sounds (storm scene in particular) coming from were they would if you were next to Denzel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
I fixed the dimming issue on my C7 by buying a Harmony 650 and accessing the service menu to disable ASBL. I had all of the aforementioned issues with Ozark, Haunted Hill, etc. but do not anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usurpers26 View Post
Check with Cleveland Plasma (forum sponsor) on 3400 prices. Might be closer to your budget. I have the 3400, love it. Has a decent amount of differences compared to the S940. 4k/60 vs 4k/30, much better Audyssey, eARC ability - to name a few.

All the Denons support airplay - which i prefer over running it through my atv, the Denon just shows up as a "speaker" on your ios device.
So I went out and got the Denon 3400. Just setting it up right now! Any ideas on options for IR repeaters/Blasters? Only need one for the Denon. I can also ask over in the Denon forum if needed!

Thanks in advance!
IA
post #34099 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:

Also got the prompt for the new update, is it safe? Thanks for your help guys. I really want to turn off that refresh at 2000 hours. I was so upset when tech reset the timer. Does it happen every 2000 hours or just the first? Thanks again!
FWIW, nothing happened to my panel with the 2000 hrs refresh. And I haven't noticed any difference after 5.80.15

YMMV.
post #34100 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
FWIW, nothing happened to my panel with the 2000 hrs refresh. And I haven't noticed any difference after 5.80.15

YMMV.

well thanks Barth, hopefully I'll be ok this time. Wish there was a way to turn it off in service menu. I'm sure there is but I don't know how to get in there, also not sure how bad it is if you never run those comp cycles.
post #34101 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I updated on my C7 a couple days ago and haven’t had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marantz SR7012, LG OLED55C7P, Sony UBP X800
Anthem MCA 525, Panamax M-5400
Kef R5, R2c, Paradigm MilleaniaOne Surrounds/Rear Heights
Kef Q150 Front Heights, HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 dual subs
Running 5.2.4
post #34102 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I know this was touched on a couple days ago, but seems like nobody had a solid answer.

I recently got a PS4 Pro, and was playing w the video settings. I tried all settings in the ps4 as automatic, and it will set it as RGB on both SDR and HDR content. From what I've read, the PS4 should output RGB in SDR, but output yuv420 with HDR.

I played Fortnite on SDR and confirmed it's RGB, and then played Hitman 2 in HDR and again confirmed its outputting RGB.

If I force it to be yuv420, it will obviously output it in yuv420 on both SDR and HDR.

I've confirmed the output by checking the video input data on my Pioneer VSX-LX101 receiver. Any suggestions?
post #34103 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsknuds View Post
I know this was touched on a couple days ago, but seems like nobody had a solid answer.

I recently got a PS4 Pro, and was playing w the video settings. I tried all settings in the ps4 as automatic, and it will set it as RGB on both SDR and HDR content. From what I've read, the PS4 should output RGB in SDR, but output yuv420 with HDR.

I played Fortnite on SDR and confirmed it's RGB, and then played Hitman 2 in HDR and again confirmed its outputting RGB.

If I force it to be yuv420, it will obviously output it in yuv420 on both SDR and HDR.

I've confirmed the output by checking the video input data on my Pioneer VSX-LX101 receiver. Any suggestions?

Set the Resolution to AUTOMATIC and set RGB Range to Limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #34104 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Men I have a question. I had my panel replaced months back. It developed a line down the middle after the 2,000 hour forced Pixel refresh. My new panel is great but now at about 1300 hours showing since the Tech accidentally reset my motherboard during the install.

I'm scared that at 2000 hours this one will be ruined as well. I'm on 2nd OLED, originally had a 2016 that did the same thing. Now I have 17 and am on 2nd panel. My question is...... Is there a way to disable the forced comp cycle at 2000 hours? Service menu? I have no idea how to get in there. I've been reading but haven't seen anything definite on this.

I don't think you can disable it. I just hit 2000 hours today on my B7 and it was perfectly fine, I was scared that it might cause banding on my set which has absolutely none at least to my eyes but it went just fine luckily.
post #34105 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Uh. Ok so my C7 just got this update, and since then my set has now randomly turned off and back on. Awesome.

Also, has anyone else noticed that when you turn the TV off it makes the “clunk” sound but then also the “click sound” like it’s turning back on? It never used to do that.

Last edited by WilliamG; 12-18-2018 at 11:46 PM.
post #34106 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The last firmware seems to have changed the behavior of standby on my set.
Whereas before I would get that single “click” or large click followed by small click for 4 hour pixel refresh, now I get large click - small click - large click all one after the other...

If I look at the power draw it looks as if the tv is turning off the power supply, attempting to run the refresh and turning the power supply on again.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

The way my set is reacting after applying the last firmware I’m getting concerned I may have mainboard issues happening and not firmware related behavior.
My C7 is doing similar. LG has changed the way these TVs go into standby. I’m not sure what’s going on. It’s easy to test, too. Turn TV on, wait a few seconds, turn TV off. I’m getting THREE audible clicks (not including the 4-hour refresh). I get a clunk, then a click (which I associate as a power-on sound) and then some seconds later another click. It started with the last firmware prior to this latest one.
post #34107 of 36404 Old 12-18-2018, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Okay but I was under the impression that you can revert back to an older firmware by installing an firmware update file manually through a USB memory, I'm sure I've seen it explained online on more than one website.

Yes I get that annoying notification to update the firmware every time I turn on the TV, even though I have automatic updates set to no. Is there some way to make it so these firmware update notifications doesn't come up every time the TV is turned on?

I just want to be sure that the firmware update does not cause any problems, I know it has happened before that firmware updates causes problems instead of doing good things. But I haven't heard too much about the 05.80.10 update online?
I will gladly update if I know everything will be fine.
Installed 05.80.10 about a week ago on C7 (UK TV). No problems.
post #34108 of 36404 Old 12-19-2018, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Uh. Ok so my C7 just got this update, and since then my set has now randomly turned off and back on. Awesome.

Also, has anyone else noticed that when you turn the TV off it makes the “clunk” sound but then also the “click sound” like it’s turning back on? It never used to do that.
Hmm. I was upstairs last night when my wife called out to me that my 77G7 had turned itself off. It was no biggie for her to turn it back on, but still, this was a day after the update.
post #34109 of 36404 Old 12-19-2018, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I think this was asked before but how do you get the motion settings to carry over a power cycle for apps? For example, for Amazon streaming, with the same choice (Technicolor...) I have to go in and reactivate them about 60% of the time...all the other settings stay locked over a power cycle. Thanks.
post #34110 of 36404 Old 12-19-2018, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Quote:
My C7 is doing similar. LG has changed the way these TVs go into standby. I’m not sure what’s going on. It’s easy to test, too. Turn TV on, wait a few seconds, turn TV off. I’m getting THREE audible clicks (not including the 4-hour refresh). I get a clunk, then a click (which I associate as a power-on sound) and then some seconds later another click. It started with the last firmware prior to this latest one.
Quote:
Hmm. I was upstairs last night when my wife called out to me that my 77G7 had turned itself off. It was no biggie for her to turn it back on, but still, this was a day after the update.
i had the same thing after the update; when I switched it off after watching via ATV
There was a post earlier on in the thread that said turning off Quick Start + in the options menu stopped it. I've followed the advice & up until now it's working - no more weird random switch ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page