2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980689Likes

post #34081 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Uh. Ok so my C7 just got this update, and since then my set has now randomly turned off and back on. Awesome.

Also, has anyone else noticed that when you turn the TV off it makes the “clunk” sound but then also the “click sound” like it’s turning back on? It never used to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
My C7 is doing similar. LG has changed the way these TVs go into standby. I’m not sure what’s going on. It’s easy to test, too. Turn TV on, wait a few seconds, turn TV off. I’m getting THREE audible clicks (not including the 4-hour refresh). I get a clunk, then a click (which I associate as a power-on sound) and then some seconds later another click. It started with the last firmware prior to this latest one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Hmm. I was upstairs last night when my wife called out to me that my 77G7 had turned itself off. It was no biggie for her to turn it back on, but still, this was a day after the update.
i had the same thing after the update; when I switched it off after watching via ATV
There was a post earlier on in the thread that said turning off Quick Start + in the options menu stopped it. I've followed the advice & up until now it's working - no more weird random switch ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34082 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Since the update on my B7A, picture stays dim after pausing (Netflix, Amazon) for several minutes. Quite aggravating!

Last edited by KAB53; 12-19-2018 at 05:29 AM.
post #34083 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB53 View Post
Since the update on my B7A, picture stays dim after pausing (Netflix, Amazon) for several minutes. Quite aggravating!
this has been happening on mine forever when using LG APPS - Protecting itself from potential IR.

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34084 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, my 55C7P also recently started turning itself on after going into standby consistently after the latest update. LG says to do a factory reset as they suggest it's probably a setting issue. I'm hesitant since I spent a fair of time mucking around with picture calibration and whatnot. I may just turn off standby mode and see if that helps.
post #34085 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 2729 Post(s)
Liked: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Got my update this morning. So far so good. Anything I should look out for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Got the OTA update last night (I think that's the first one I didn't force from the Korean website via USB) - will report back any issues (if any)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybo971 View Post
Got the OTA last night on my 2017 E7 what exactly was updated anyone know...........?
5.80.15 fixed an issue with audio cutouts while watching live TV. I had never experienced this issue, so who knows. That's about it. The DV profile rev. is still the same as before.

The PQ looks the usual OLED fantastic!
skip61, gossamer88 and gambler52 like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #34086 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner54 View Post
Men I have a question. I had my panel replaced months back. It developed a line down the middle after the 2,000 hour forced Pixel refresh. My new panel is great but now at about 1300 hours showing since the Tech accidentally reset my motherboard during the install.

I'm scared that at 2000 hours this one will be ruined as well. I'm on 2nd OLED, originally had a 2016 that did the same thing. Now I have 17 and am on 2nd panel. My question is...... Is there a way to disable the forced comp cycle at 2000 hours? Service menu? I have no idea how to get in there. I've been reading but haven't seen anything definite on this.

Also got the prompt for the new update, is it safe? Thanks for your help guys. I really want to turn off that refresh at 2000 hours. I was so upset when tech reset the timer. Does it happen every 2000 hours or just the first? Thanks again!

I have a line down the middle that I hadn't noticed until recently. Everything on the right is darker than the left. I'm getting a panel replacement too.
Ricker62 likes this.
post #34087 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Is anybody else’s TV randomly turn on after about 10 minutes of being turned off, it has just started for me?
the only thing hooked up to it is an Apple TV and I’ve posted on that thread to see if there’s any features that enable this
JTMav and Nation66 like this.

Lg 65 C7
Lg 9800 1080 Oled
Epson LS10500
Panasonic UB820 uhd player
post #34088 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1000 View Post
I have a line down the middle that I hadn't noticed until recently. Everything on the right is darker than the left. I'm getting a panel replacement too.
I noticed this as well as few weeks ago. Seems to come and go, and not on some stuff (never noticed it on HDR or DV content). I've had the TV for about 14-15 months, and I think was at about 2500 hours. I guess I'm out of warranty for any kind of LG fix?
post #34089 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Dolby Vision content via the built in Netflix app continues to be troublesome for me as the picture seems very dark. I'm using Sonoftumble's DV calibration file and settings.
Cinema(User) is noticeably darker. It's almost like there is a layer that tones down the brightness and detail level. I've experimented with Cinema(Home) and it seems significantly brighter. Adjusting the OLED light to above 70 helps slightly, but it still seems a bit washed out. I also know it's recommended to maintain a back light to 50 as to avoid messing with the DV metadata.

Is it better to just use Cinema Home instead? What is the downside to that?

Also, for reference I tested this on my bedroom B7A and the dim/dark screen was also evident before I used the calibrated settings and DV file, so I know that it's not the cause.

Any suggestions?
post #34090 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 73
FYI, with the new firmware I got the following Netflix error:

Quote:
Netflix Error UI-800-3. If you experience the error code UI-800-3, it typically points to information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.

If you have the same error, hit other settings, refresh/clear the settings and log out of Netflix. It worked for me.
post #34091 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7272 Post(s)
Liked: 7302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I have a similar experience. After a message was displayed that a pixel refresh occurred, the "line" could be seen on some content, where the right side is brighter than the left.
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Rebel View Post
Overall the picture on the OLED is much better but it also depends on the content. For instance, I had the plasma and OLED side by side and watched some of Jack Ryan in HD and 4K DV on the OLED. Some scenes were almost exactly the same on both panels from the usual sitting distance, 9FT. Others you can see the better OLED picture. DV adds some subtle differences in some scenes. Episode 2 when the French Swat team was arriving, the flashing blue lights on their vehicles and headlights really stood out in a noticeable way.

Watch part of Avengers Infinity War in 4KDV last night. Head and shoulders better than the plasma.

Football through cable was close. Watched Saints/Panthers on ESPN. Great pic on both. OLED may be a little better. From comments on here about how bad some peoples scaling was on cable content I was prepared for a somewhat mediocre experience but so far it has been excellent. Motion handling has been superb.
Always going to be different with the content. The old plasma will always handle SD content the best for sure. Plasma's where great displays, a used plasma is a gem compared to some of this garbage pushed out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner54 View Post
Yes sir, right after the 2000 hour refresh.
That is crazy, so no refresh your TV would be fine.
JTMav likes this.
post #34092 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1521 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude Abides View Post
i had the same thing after the update; when I switched it off after watching via ATV
There was a post earlier on in the thread that said turning off Quick Start + in the options menu stopped it. I've followed the advice & up until now it's working - no more weird random switch ons
Thank you for this. Was making me crazy. Why did LG mess with this? Thankfully Quick Start+ doesn’t seems to be very different whether on or off, so I’ll enjoy a non-broken power off and less power consumption. Great. Thanks.
post #34093 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrentn View Post
I've noticed ever since updating to 5.80.xx (and I got the second OTA update last night) that I've had motion issues, all on non-24p content (like sitcoms). There is a constant stutter, almost like a frame is missing every 5-10 seconds. My panel and main board had been switched out before thanksgiving, but the issue really presented itself to me over the past couple of weeks.

I tried a different HDMI cable. Didn't work. I tried changing the frame rate option under the video settings on my Apple TV 4K (which I have set at 4K SDR 60 btw) - I never used it as "on" before, just used the "range" option. Interestingly, once I changed the Frame rate to on, it fixed the motion issue (this setting forces the AppleTV 4k to output content in it's native frame rate instead everything at 60hz). Since I'd never had to use this option before, I unselected it and started to make adjustments to the TV settings.

This is what I found out:
All of the motion settings are always turned off in my TV settings and "Real Cinema" is turned on by default (I'm under the technicolor preset, btw). On non-24p content, the RealMotion setting is causing this frame stutter. As soon as I turned it to "off" the stutter instantly stopped. Also, If I enabled the "user" mode under motion settings and set everything to "0" (which greys out realcinema) this also resolved the stutter. Never once had this problem before (and my Apple TV hasn't gotten any updates in the past couple of weeks to cause this). It's almost like the TV is applying the RealCinema to everything, where it's only supposed to detect 24p content. Seems like it's adding processing and not detecting 60hz properly.

Anyone else noticed weird issues like this?

Also, side note: I had a ton of drama a month or so back with HDMI cables - I had Monoprice premium certified 15ft cables run through my wall for 6 months and then randomly started having ton of handshake issues with my ATV4K - image would randomly cut out, show static and then go to "no input found". Instead of calling an installer back out, I just attached my apple TV to the back of my TV with command strips and I'm using the Belkin 6ft 48gb bandwidth cable that apple sells (but I got it through amazon). No handshake issues and I've been running at chroma 4:4:4. I also bought an amazon HDMI cable and I tried that as well, 6ft, and had no issues. However I'm using the Belkin cable since it offers higher bandwidth....juuuust in case. Also the 15ft Amazon cable which I was going to have the installer use had I chose to go that route, worked fine at 15ft - no issues. Just thought I'd put this info out into the wild in case anyone ever has handshake issues with the ATV4K.
Just to clarify, your Apple TV 4K is set to the recommended video settings of: “Format” to “4K SDR” (60 Hz in your case) and both of the “Match Dynamic Range” and “Match Frame Rate” settings are set to "On"?

I am also curious if you happened to notice this behavior on a different source, if you have another to test this out.

Mark

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
post #34094 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
this has been happening on mine forever when using LG APPS - Protecting itself from potential IR.
It's happening with my Roku Ultra. The LG app is not as bad.
post #34095 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Is anybody else’s TV randomly turn on after about 10 minutes of being turned off, it has just started for me?
the only thing hooked up to it is an Apple TV and I’ve posted on that thread to see if there’s any features that enable this
Yes! So glad I'm not the only one. I cant keep my TV off! I had to physically unplug it cause it would just constantly turn on by itself. Although definitely sooner than 10 min, more like every 2-3 it would turn on.

I have a Sony HT-Z9f soundbar with a shield and set top box plugged into that. I just discovered today when I remove the soundbar the TV remains off, I think there is some CEC thing going on but I cant resolve it despite resetting all my settings.

This only started after updating to the latest firmware.

2017 C7
5x10 likes this.
post #34096 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmygerg View Post
Hi, my 55C7P also recently started turning itself on after going into standby consistently after the latest update. LG says to do a factory reset as they suggest it's probably a setting issue. I'm hesitant since I spent a fair of time mucking around with picture calibration and whatnot. I may just turn off standby mode and see if that helps.
I'm having the same issue after the latest update. Can you let me know if you found a resolution.

I also am hesitant to factory reset since I have all my inputs calibrated.

I did find disconnecting my soundbar helped so I think it may be a CEC issue
post #34097 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by essg88 View Post
Yes! So glad I'm not the only one. I cant keep my TV off! I had to physically unplug it cause it would just constantly turn on by itself. Although definitely sooner than 10 min, more like every 2-3 it would turn on.

I have a Sony HT-Z9f soundbar with a shield and set top box plugged into that. I just discovered today when I remove the soundbar the TV remains off, I think there is some CEC thing going on but I cant resolve it despite resetting all my settings.

2017 C7

Add me to the list! I also have a HT-Z9F soundbar and the TV just started doing this after the latest firmware upgrade. Happy to know it’s not just me!

-Scott
post #34098 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 90
We've started having access to a Netflix account that supposedly is just HD and not 4k. However, using our 55B7's internal Netflix app, at the start of watching Netflix's "Springsteen on Broadway", the upper right corner of the screen shows a small horizontal white box with a b&w "DV" logo and the words, "Dolby Vision". Does this mean we're actually watching in 4k after all (as I'm under the impression - though possibly incorrectly - that DV is a 4K-only format...)? (BTW, sorry for the 90 degree mis-orientation of the attached photo - it only flips that way when posted here and I don't know how to correct it.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8775.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2498712  
post #34099 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

2017 C7
See what happens if you leave General CEC on but turn Auto Power Sync off.
essg88 likes this.
post #34100 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
See what happens if you leave General CEC on but turn Auto Power Sync off.
Thanks for this. So far seems to help, although when I power on I have to change the input on the soundbar.

Minor annoyance I'll take right now over coming home to the tv sitting on all night and constantly turning on.

I was wondering if its a soundbar issue but others are experiencing this as well. LG support only suggests a factory reset :/.

I'll continue to test and monitor and report back. Thanks again
post #34101 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euckersw View Post
Add me to the list! I also have a HT-Z9F soundbar and the TV just started doing this after the latest firmware upgrade. Happy to know it’s not just me!

-Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmygerg View Post
Test out the possible temp fix above by @cherry ghost
post #34102 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB53 View Post
It's happening with my Roku Ultra. The LG app is not as bad.
I have a ROKU Streaming Stick+ HD/4K/HDR - I will try it tonight and report back!

LG OLED 77G7P - Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 – OPPO UDP-203/103D - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A – Harmony ONE
Marantz SR7011 - Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 55 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #34103 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
I have a ROKU Streaming Stick+ HD/4K/HDR - I will try it tonight and report back!
Make sure you pause it for about 5 minutes or so.
post #34104 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 6856 Post(s)
Liked: 6773
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-gordon-7 View Post
We've started having access to a Netflix account that supposedly is just HD and not 4k. However, using our 55B7's internal Netflix app, at the start of watching Netflix's "Springsteen on Broadway", the upper right corner of the screen shows a small horizontal white box with a b&w "DV" logo and the words, "Dolby Vision". Does this mean we're actually watching in 4k after all (as I'm under the impression - though possibly incorrectly - that DV is a 4K-only format...)? (BTW, sorry for the 90 degree mis-orientation of the attached photo - it only flips that way when posted here and I don't know how to correct it.)

There are programs that are DV and not UHD (4K). You may be seeing the reflection of that.
post #34105 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:

2017 C7
The times have been inconsistent, now it’s minutes before turning off, maybe minute

Lg 65 C7
Lg 9800 1080 Oled
Epson LS10500
Panasonic UB820 uhd player
post #34106 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post
Dolby Vision content via the built in Netflix app continues to be troublesome for me as the picture seems very dark. I'm using Sonoftumble's DV calibration file and settings.
Cinema(User) is noticeably darker. It's almost like there is a layer that tones down the brightness and detail level. I've experimented with Cinema(Home) and it seems significantly brighter. Adjusting the OLED light to above 70 helps slightly, but it still seems a bit washed out. I also know it's recommended to maintain a back light to 50 as to avoid messing with the DV metadata.

Also, for reference I tested this on my bedroom B7A and the dim/dark screen was also evident before I used the calibrated settings and DV file, so I know that it's not the cause.

Any suggestions?
I've noticed this, but not sure if it's supposed to be dark I guess. Ozark seems like it's lighting is just dark. Wonder if anyone can recommend something on Netflix that should look good in DV to compare?
post #34107 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I am having the same issues some of you are describing. My LG C7 (after the update) continues to turn on a minute after I turn it off. I had to turn off the HDMI-CEC so that it would stop turning on but now all my HDMI-CEC devices aren't in sync. Pretty annoying...I will try to factory reset today and see if that fixes the issue.

Speakers (L/R,C,Surrounds)B&W CM6 S2, Polk RTI CSI5, and Polk RTI6.
Sub-SVS SB 2000 & SVS PB10-NSD
Receiver-Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
Amp-Adcom GFA 5500
post #34108 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman1000 View Post
Was that after your 2000 hour refresh? Sucks man
post #34109 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Wow

Always going to be different with the content. The old plasma will always handle SD content the best for sure. Plasma's where great displays, a used plasma is a gem compared to some of this garbage pushed out today.

That is crazy, so no refresh your TV would be fine.
Yeah man the 2000 auto pixel refresher will put a line right down the middle. It has happ twice to me so far.
Ricker62 likes this.
post #34110 of 37075 Old 12-19-2018, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumrush View Post

Any suggestions?
I've used Sono's setting as well but still a bit dark using Netflix app. I just use Cinema home and drop contrast to 90 and it kills a bit of the high brights and works on my set at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page