2017 LG C7-B7 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 1140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 980608Likes

post #34171 of 36895 Old 12-21-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6749 Post(s)
Liked: 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
What is going on with HDMI CEC? It's completely broke.. For the past weeks it has been completely mental. I will turn of my TV or put my Apple TV 4K to sleep and the TV is on five seconds later.. It's never off, it always wakes up.... Infuriating...

First I thought it was tvOS 12.1.1 but it's clearly my LG OLED65C7V that is to blame. I have a Apple TV 4K in the Living Room, another in the Bedroom. In the living room we have a LG OLED65C7V, in the bedroom we have the LG OLEDB6V. No issues in the bedroom.

I swapped the Apple TV's, took the one from the bedroom into the living room and the one from the living room into the bedroom and still the same. Only the LG OLED65C7V that is going crazy. I've tried all kind of crazy suggestions. Charging the Apple TV remote. Take both the LG Magic Remote and the Apple TV Remote out of range. Reboot both. Disable and re-enable CEC on both etc.. Disconnect Ethernet cables and whatnot. Nothing works.

I was on 05.80.10, I have now manually updated to 05.80.15 but still the same.. Judging from Reddit this has been a issue since 05.80.04. I have auto-updates enabled so I have no real clue when the TV updates. But I've had this issue for at least two weeks and it's driving me insane.

Tried to put the older 04.70.95 firmware onto a USB-stick but downgrades are clearly not supported.....

If it's indeed true that this has been a issue since 05.80.04 it doesn't seem like LG are even aware? 05.80.04 is from October, if they haven't fixed it yet even with several releases since then how long will it be before we actually get a update?

Do anyone have a guide on how to get my LGOLED65C7V back to 04.70.95??

1) you cannot rollback a firmware

2) CEC is a fickle beast, one day it works, the next it doesn’t. That’s why many don’t use it and instead use a device like a Harmony remote which is much more reliable and stable. There are no standards for CEC so everyone can do their own thing. When possible I always suggest NOT to have CEC power control on.
Ricker62 and sonoftumble like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34172 of 36895 Old 12-21-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2478
ASBL Update

So I finally ran into this last night. But it wasn't while watching dark content on Netflix. Instead, I was watching a "Yule Log" video with HLG HDR on one of the DirecTV 4K channels (104).

The content wasn't all that dim, in fact the fireplace had a roaring fire going. I would say that the fireplace took up between 20-30% of the picture, and the rest was static with bright LED X-MAS lights and boxes of presents obviously not moving. I'm also pretty certain that the video looped every 30 seconds or so, as the logs never burned down. lol

I didn't start a timer to see how long it took for the dimming to kick in, but when I pressed the "Guide" button on my DTV remote, the HDR brightness/luminance would immediately kick back up. I would estimate that the ASBL activated in about 5 minutes.

So, here's what's going on. ASBL is designed to protect our OLED's from overheating and also prevent image retention. It doesn't care how bright or dim the content is. It only cares about how much and how long a certain % of the content is static. It doesn't actually "see" the content - as it is digital data - basically, a bunch of ones-and-zeroes. So, it monitors this data, and if things don't change enough it will dim the OLED's to protect them.

Obviously, this can get annoying when we're trying to watch a TV show or movie, but I don't think it's a good idea to turn off ASBL unless you are going to be very careful as to the content you are watching. Additionally, there may be a correlation between how many hours are on our TV's and how soon ASBL will kick in.

Keep in mind that this will only occur with HDR content; i.e. HDR10/HLG/DV etc. SDR will not output nearly the same luminance levels or put as much demand/strain on those little tiny OLED's, so you most likely will never run into this watching the SDR versions of the same content.

I've decided to watch the Yule log on a local SDR channel going forward.
OddyOh, rsonnens, audit13 and 1 others like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 12-21-2018 at 07:41 PM.
post #34173 of 36895 Old 12-21-2018, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuade View Post
I'm not really familiar with the Sonos ecosystem, but I looked at a few models.

The Play 3, and Play 5 which look like they *could* be used as a main speaker lack HDMI and moost phyisical inputs altogether, so they aren't the ones.
The Playbase and Playbar which look like regular soundbars in form factor also lack HDMI, but do have optical, so also not the ones.

The "Beam" has a single HDMI port supporting ARC.

It's entirely possible there are others that didn't show up on the website, but if so, you'd also want to check if they pass 4K HDMI 2.0a HDCP2.2 signals.
Been away from the boards for a bit! My apologies! To answer your question on Sonos products.

They have speakers that have no connection to tv - the Sonos One's, Play One's (Same as the "One's but no Alexa features), Play Three's and Play Five's.

Then for tv they have the playbar, and the playbase which both require optical, no HDMI/ARC. Their newest sound bar is the Sonos Beam which has built in Alexa features like the "Ones" and offer both HDMI/ARC or optical.

Then they have the Sonos Sub.

In order to have a full 5.1 or use your Ones, Play Ones, Threes or Fives as a full setup with tv you MUST have a playbar, base, or beam. If that makes sense. So in otherwords I can't use my tv and just have the output go through two stereo paired play ones. The *connection point* is the sound bar that is connected to the tv.

So, correct the beam (which I have in the living room and my loft) has only 1 HDMI port. I am sure there are better systems for full home theatre but the appeal to me here is whole home multi room audio, or select room audio. All my speakers double up as Alexa devices for home automation and I can play music on any of the speakers I have. For example I have one in my kitchen, two in my loft (stereo pair), two in my living room (stereo pair) one in my master bedroom/bathroom upstairs. So I can pick and choose where I want to here music when I am in the house, or play different songs on different speakers etc. Which is why I went with the beam to tie in the home theatre. It works for me and I am very pleased with the sound when doing 5.1 in the living room with the sub.

Anyways probably more info then you guys care to know about buttttttttt I do have good news! With the latest firmware update - 05.80.15 it looks like this issue was fixed on the LG tv with the beam and surrounds. There seems to be no more audio delay issue on live tv or xbox/ps4. And if it is present at all its sooo minor you can't tell. So happy, as this was driving me insane!
Anubys and Kenbar like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34174 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
1) you cannot rollback a firmware

2) CEC is a fickle beast, one day it works, the next it doesn’t. That’s why many don’t use it and instead use a device like a Harmony remote which is much more reliable and stable. There are no standards for CEC so everyone can do their own thing. When possible I always suggest NOT to have CEC power control on.

That might be. But HDMI CEC has been working perfectly fine, it's still perfectly fine on the OLED65B6V, it's perfectly fine on my parents Sony TV, on my friends Samsung TV etc.. It's clearly something that happened in the recent firmware updates and there are so many people reporting about the same thing on Reddit and whatnot.

I've used HDMI CEC for years and it works perfectly and is so much better than involving smart remotes. I gave my Logitech Harmony Ultimate away as soon as all my devices supported HDMI CEC because it so much better and it has worked perfectly until LG suddenly drops a firmware update on my LG OLED65C7V.

Of course you can rollback a firmware, there is no reason why a firmware can't be rolled back as any other software. It's just LG not allowing for us to do so.
post #34175 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude Abides View Post
Totally agree. We really enjoy the ATV 4K. Definitely switch on the Match content & Dynamic Range. You'll get a moment of blank screen as it switches, but worth it for getting the correct settings for whatever you are playing through it

To enable the setting, go to Settings>Video and Audio>Match Content and turn both Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate to On.

What setting do you use for "Format"? I believe I read that if you set it to 4K HDR that it will improperly display non HDR content?

LG OLED B7
Denon X1200W AVR
KLIPSCH RF82 II mains, RP-140SA, RC62 II CENTER, RB-10 surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku Ultra
post #34176 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Ramguy
I guess you didn't get the reply or it wasnt stated as well as you liked

We try to be friendly here

You have had great luck with CEC but most have not and it seems you have finally experienced what most of us already have. Sorry about that but most of us have settled for Harmony because we don't have the pull to get hundreds of manufacturers to agree on a standard.

Best of luck in trying to get it to work but I don't think you'll get specific help here

As for firmware i think the point being made is that LG does not allow rollbacks and never had as far as I know since the beginning of oled tvs.

You may find that the changes due to firmware upgrades are worth it IMHO.

Best of luck
Ph8te, Ricker62 and sonoftumble like this.
post #34177 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
What setting do you use for "Format"? I believe I read that if you set it to 4K HDR that it will improperly display non HDR content?
Here's a bit of a clarification and recommendation regarding what "Format" to choose with your ATV 4K. FYI, I've had an ATV 4K since day one (literally), and am also a beta tester . . . .

There are a few SDR apps which do not correctly tell the ATV 4K to "downshift" to SDR. In those cases, you will see the ATV 4K applying an HDR effect on top of SDR content if your "Format" is set to some flavor of HDR. As far as I know - (and I've looked for this) - no one has compiled a list of offending apps, and some may have already been fixed. HBOGO used to be one of those apps, and it actually had a positive effect on shows such as "GOT" - but they have since rev'd the app, so it no longer has this issue.

Popular apps such as iTunes, Vudu, Netflix, Prime, MoviesAnywhere, and most others DO NOT have this problem.

You will find others in this thread, or in the "AppleTV Owners" thread, who will recommend that the "Format" be set to 4K SDR. This will ensure that the ATV 4K will not apply an HDR effect over SDR content in case you are using an app that doesn't properly send the "downshift" signal. Truth be told, there are not that many apps out there that haven't been fixed, so it's becoming less and less of a concern.

Personally, I have the "Format" set to 4K Dolby Vision 60Hz, with "Match Content" set to "On" for both "Dynamic Range" and "Frame Rate". I don't use any apps with the above issue, so my ATV 4K will properly "downshift" to SDR, and "upshift" to HDR10/DV as necessary - and also playback content at the studio intended frame rate.

One of the reasons why I do it this way is because the Aerial Screen Saver videos are all mastered in 4K Dolby Vision, and look incredible when the "Format" is set to the same. They will not playback in Dolby Vision if the "Format" is set to SDR. Also, I generally don't use any other apps except for the one's I already listed above, so I won't encounter this issue anyway.

[ To properly setup the screensaver, open "Settings" then General / Screen Saver. Choose the "Type" as Aerial (default), and also choose "Download New Video" = "Daily". There is a recently available series of ISS videos that are really cool - in addition to all the fantastic night time cityscapes, etc. ]

ISS = International Space Station lol
OddyOh and skip61 like this.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700

Last edited by sonoftumble; 12-22-2018 at 06:27 PM.
post #34178 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Here's a bit of a clarification and recommendation regarding what "Format" to choose with your ATV 4K. FYI, I've had an ATV 4K since day one (literally), and am also a beta tester . . . .

There are a few SDR apps which do not correctly tell the ATV 4K to "downshift" to SDR. In those cases, you will see the ATV 4K applying an HDR effect on top of SDR content if your "Format" is set to some flavor of HDR. As far as I know - (and I've looked for this) - no one has compiled a list of offending apps, and some may have already been fixed. HBOGO used to be one of those apps, and it actually had a positive effect on shows such as "GOT" - but they have since rev'd the app, so it no longer has this issue.

Others apps such as iTunes, Vudu, Netflix, Prime, MoviesAnywhere, and most others DO NOT have this problem.

You will find others in this thread, or in the "AppleTV Owners" thread, who will recommend that the "Format" be set to 4K SDR. This will ensure that the ATV 4K will not apply an HDR effect over SDR content in case you are using an app that doesn't properly send the "downshift" signal. Truth be told, there are not that many apps out there that haven't been fixed, so it's becoming less and less of a concern.

Personally, I have the "Format" set to 4K Dolby Vision 60Hz, with "Match Content" set to "On" for both "Dynamic Range" and "Frame Rate". I don't use any apps with the above issue, so my ATV 4K will properly "downshift" to SDR, and "upshift" to HDR10/DV as necessary - and also playback content at the studio intended frame rate.

One of the reasons why I do it this way is because the Aerial Screen Saver videos are all mastered in 4K Dolby Vision, and look incredible when the "Format" is set to the same. These screensavers will not playback in Dolby Vision if the "Format" is set to SDR. Also, I generally don't use any other apps except for the one's I already listed above, so I won't encounter this issue anyway.

[ To properly setup the screensaver, open "Settings" then General / Screen Saver. Choose the "Type" as Aerial (default), and also choose "Download New Video" = "Daily". There is a recently available series of ISS videos that are really cool - in addition to all the fantastic night time cityscapes, etc. ]

Great info, thanks!
OddyOh and sonoftumble like this.

LG OLED B7
Denon X1200W AVR
KLIPSCH RF82 II mains, RP-140SA, RC62 II CENTER, RB-10 surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku Ultra
post #34179 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7042 Post(s)
Liked: 7077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze Time View Post
I bought it through you guys back in May of this year so I am still under the one year warranty. I will do the youtube grey test thing soon and see what the readings are.
You have plenty of time to get the screen swapped if you choose. The real test is can you se these issues in normal content and how bad is it. Always remember they is no perfect screen out there for the most part anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phakur View Post

As for firmware i think the point being made is that LG does not allow rollbacks and never had as far as I know since the beginning of oled tvs.
That is not a good system at all. Imagine how many issues would be resolved if people could do this. My phone allows this...lol.
post #34180 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
Of course you can rollback a firmware, there is no reason why a firmware can't be rolled back as any other software. It's just LG not allowing for us to do so.
FW updates from LG and most manufacturers are in reality patches applied over earlier revs. of FW. They are not full featured stand alone OS packages. This is only one of the reasons why it's virtually impossible to roll back a FW update without bricking the TV.
Also, there is a very limited set of people within LG that might have access to full featured OS packages - and it would probably be the original package that came installed on the TV when it first shipped; i.e. a very old rev. and it would require compound installs of older FW that may no longer be available on the update servers. It's a classic can of worms.

On a side note, I'm surprised that you were able to get CEC to work. The "standards" are so lax that every manufacturer can do just about anything they want including trying to force you to use same brand peripherals by changing a few API protocols that basically break other things.
phakur likes this.

post #34181 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Wink

Quote:
FW updates from LG and most manufacturers are in reality patches applied over earlier revs. of FW. They are not full featured stand alone OS packages. This is only one of the reasons why it's virtually impossible to roll back a FW update without bricking the TV.
Also, there is a very limited set of people within LG that might have access to full featured OS packages - and it would probably be the original package that came installed on the TV when it first shipped; i.e. a very old rev. and it would require compound installs of older FW that may no longer be available on the update servers. It's a classic can of worms.

On a side note, I'm surprised that you were able to get CEC to work. The "standards" are so lax that every manufacturer can do just about anything they want including trying to force you to use same brand peripherals by changing a few API protocols that basically break other things.
Not just LG either, Ms Office FW updates were also sequential. After 25 + years, we finally dumped Office in favor of the free Apple alternatives, Pages, etc.

ATV owner's double bonus, the great screen savers, that can be more entertaining than some programming.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, old Son!
sonoftumble likes this.
post #34182 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, old Son!
Hey Zin!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well! Hope all is going well with you.

post #34183 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by tybo971 View Post
whats funny is i watched entire season of ozark with the built in netlfix on my E7 with sonos settings and I could not stop thinking the entire time man this series is DARK every damn scene was just sooooooo dark ,,maybe I need to get apple tv player....lol
Well that series is stupidly dark, period. Can't do anything about it
tybo1504 likes this.
post #34184 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 5376 Post(s)
Liked: 4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
what's the word on the new 05.80.15 firmware?...any issues?...safe to install?
anyone?
post #34185 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
anyone?
I got it via ota no problem on my side.
Ricker62 and gambler52 like this.

LG Oled 65B7P
Anthem MRX 510 receiver , Furman elite
Paradigm Millenia 300 fronts
Paradigm Millenia 30 Center,Mordaunt-Short ADP
PSA XS15se sub, Oppo udp 203, PS4, Bell PVR Fibe tv, ATV 4K
post #34186 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 3208
Quote:
anyone?
Like every firmware you’ve got some saying it broke something and others without any problems. Short of a thread blowing up after an update, I’d go ahead and install. Complaints seem typical in this case - if that’s the right way to put it.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 77" C9, 65” B7a and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Outlaw monoblocks, PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #34187 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Like every firmware you’ve got some saying it broke something and others without any problems. Short of a thread blowing up after an update, I’d go ahead and install. Complaints seem typical in this case - if that’s the right way to put it.
in this thread I noticed more people then normal with complaints about the latest firmware saying it broke something which is why I was hesitant to install it...
PeteNeat likes this.
post #34188 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 3208
Quote:
in this thread I noticed more people then normal with complaints about the latest firmware saying it broke something which is why I was hesitant to install it...
Not intended to sound like a smartxxx, then I’d say don’t. Why worry, worse case you have to keep ignoring the firmware available update. The update isn’t major based on what I’ve read, but no problems on my end and ARC still works for me

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 77" C9, 65” B7a and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Outlaw monoblocks, PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #34189 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Not intended to sound like a smartxxx, then I’d say don’t. Why worry, worse case you have to keep ignoring the firmware available update. The update isn’t major based on what I’ve read, but no problems on my end and ARC still works for me
Since I'm not having any problems with my current firmware, and with the Holidays here, and family visiting, I don't really see a need to upgrade the FW at this time. I don't like hearing of the TV turning itself off.

Besides, what is really included in the new FW that will improve my set?
post #34190 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:

As always happy owners are quiet owners
post #34191 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 02:03 PM

is the new firmware required to use the TV's built-in apps (Netflix, Vudu etc)?
post #34192 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
is the new firmware required to use the TV's built-in apps (Netflix, Vudu etc)?

No..I don’t believe this has been the case in the past either. They are updated independently of one another.
post #34193 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
No..I don’t believe this has been the case in the past either. They are updated independently of one another.
cool...then I'll hold off on updating the new firmware for a bit...either way it's good to see LG continuing to provide firmware updates for the 2017 models
post #34194 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Hey Zin!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well! Hope all is going well with you.
Hey John,
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, TOO!
sonoftumble likes this.
post #34195 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWalters View Post
Hey John,
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, TOO!
Thank you Bob! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!!!

John

post #34196 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip61 View Post
No issues with internal apps or ARC HDMI connections

Josh
post #34197 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Popular apps such as iTunes, Vudu, Netflix, Prime, MoviesAnywhere, and most others DO NOT have this problem.

One of the reasons why I do it this way is because the Aerial Screen Saver videos are all mastered in 4K Dolby Vision, and look incredible when the "Format" is set to the same. They will not playback in Dolby Vision if the "Format" is set to SDR. Also, I generally don't use any other apps except for the one's I already listed above, so I won't encounter this issue anyway.

Just to add to this if you are a cord cutter like myself apps like Sony Vue will be scaled to 4k resolution and have a "fake" HDR applied to them if you use the settings mentioned above and in my opinion looks terrible. Just throwing it out there

Thanks
euckersw likes this.

Last edited by ronin22; 12-22-2018 at 07:16 PM.
post #34198 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 585 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin22 View Post
Just to add to this if you are a cord cutter like myself apps like Sony Vue will be scaled to 4k resolution and have a "fake" HDR applied to them if you use the settings mentioned above and in my opinion looks terrible. Just throwing it out there

Thanks

Directv Now as well, in terms of HDR being applied to SDR content. It’s the only app I use that doesn’t automatically switch to SDR. For this reason, I use 4K SDR @ 60Hz.

The scaling to 4K is a nonissue. Anything below that threshold is going to be upscaled regardless.
ronin22 likes this.

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
post #34199 of 36895 Old 12-22-2018, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 42
This is my 65" B7 with 400 hours on it.

I notice the pink tinting on the right side in some content, it may be because I am constantly looking for it. Is this panel acceptable, or should I try getting it replaced by LG?

Pioneer 111FD, Pioneer 4280HD
75" Sony 850D
65" LG B7, LG UBK90
post #34200 of 36895 Old 12-23-2018, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
This is my 65" B7 with 400 hours on it.

I notice the pink tinting on the right side in some content, it may be because I am constantly looking for it. Is this panel acceptable, or should I try getting it replaced by LG?
If normal picture is acceptable to YOU I'd leave it alone (IMHO)-

Run TV shows, cable ATV, DVDs any 4k material etc--and if it looks great---keep it.

Mine (E7) has a slight yellow tint on the left side which is only visible on a solid grey or white slide. I cannot discern at all in any other materiel (and I have plenty of other sources). I'm more than satisfied with picture quality.

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
#lgoled55c7p #hdr #oled #xboxonex #movies , 2017 , atmos , audio out , burn in , calibration , contrast , dolby 5.1 , dolby vision , Emotiva , Gaming , hdmi arc , hdr , lg b7 , lg b7p , lg c7 , lg e7 , lg oled , lg oled 65b7p , mainboard , mount , Netflix , oled , oled c7 , oled55c7p , Onkyo , optical digital output , problem , settings , sj9 , sk10y , surround , truehd , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page